• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 3,096 Views, 79 Comments

The Life and Adventures of Peanut Butter - FlufferNutters



The adventures of Peanut Butter a human turned bat pony as he lives his new life.

  • ...
5
 79
 3,096

Peanut Butter and The Fall Festival

Over the past two weeks the leaves have slowly changed colors and are starting to fall off. Fall is in the air in Equestria. After Peanut Butter's punishment Luna asked Celestia to watch over Peanut Butter and show him the leaves and the fall festival with Twilight Sparkle and her friends she didn't tell Celestia why other than she made plans and wanted her son to spend time with Celestia along with Twilight and her friends for the day. Luna wakes Peanut Butter up early to get him ready for the day. Peanut Butter has also been improving on his pronunciation and has been getting better.

"Time to wake up Peanut Butter." Luna says as she nudges her son to wake up.

Peanut Butter stirs and cracks his eyes open. His mane all messy as he slowly stands up and stretches his wings.

"Ok mama I'm up." Peanut Butter says sleepily.

"You have a busy day today little one." Luna says while levitating her son with her magic and placing him on her back before heading to the bathroom.

Luna smiles as she helps him get ready for the day. After his bath Peanut Butter's light and dark brown mane is spiked and slicked forward with the light and dark browns separate switching between the two shades as it goes down the back of his neck. His tail is done in the same style. Though with only one streak of light brown and going down the top of his tail.

Luna takes Peanut Butter to the kitchen and walk in to see Celestia is already making breakfast.

"Aunt Tia!" Peanut Butter says with a happy tone of voice.

Celestia turns around and smiles at the brown colt.

"Good Morning my nephew. I hope you're ready for the day." Celestia says as she plates up chocolate chip waffles.

Peanut Butter is placed on a chair with his chocolate chip waffles in front of him. Luna cuts his waffles up before giving a small kiss on the top of his head.

"You be good for Aunt Tia ok?" Luna says.

"I will mama." Peanut Butter says.

"Good boy. I'll see you later ok?" Luna asks.

"Ok mama." Peanut Butter says.

"I have to go now. Mama loves you Peanut Butter." Luna says before hugging him.

"Love you too mama." Peanut Butter says hugging her back.

Luna leaves the kitchen in a hurry. Celestia sits down and wraps a napkin around Peanut Butter's neck.

"Do you need help with eating or do you think you can eat on your own?" Celestia asks.

"I can do it Aunt Tia." Peanut Butter says with a happy tone in his voice.

Celestia smiles and eats. Peanut Butter manages to feed himself with little mess. When it comes to spending time with Celestia he is always on his best behavior. More than he is with his foalsitter. Especially with today.

A few minutes later there is the sound of hoofsteps in the hall and plenty of talking as the door to reveal that it's Twilight Sparkle and her friends. Peanut Butter has a big smile on his face when they all enter the room as he wipes his face and jumps towards Twilight.

"Cousin Twilight yay!" Peanut Butter exclaims while in mid-air.

Twilight catches him in mid air and hugs him.

"Be careful Peanut Butter you could have hurt yourself. But I'm glad to see you again. You've gotten so big." Twilight says.

"We're gonna have sooooooo much fun today. Yep yep yep." Pinkie Pie says as she hugs both Peanut Butter and Twilight Sparkle.

"Well let's get started shall we?" Celestia says as she puts the dishes in the sink.

"I have something for Peanut Butter actually. It might be a bit big. But since it is cooler outside I thought it would be the perfect time to give it to him." Rarity says as she pulls out a white box with a ribbon tied to it.

Celestia helps Peanut Butter open the box to reveal a black hooded jacket with Luna's cutie mark on the back.

"Here's the best part." Rarity says as he horn glows.

The jacked softly shines like the night sky in the glow of her horn. Peanut Butter smiles as he sees it shine. Celestia puts it on him zipping it up most of the way.

"Thank You." Peanut Butter says hugging her.

"You're quite welcome dear." Rarity says returning the hug.

"We should get going if we are to make it to the surprise." Celestia says.

Everyone leaves the castle with a few guards not far behind. The day is cloudy as the cool wind blows gently. Peanut Butter smiles as he sees the leaves in shades of oranges, reds, yellows and browns as some fall off the trees and land on the ground.

After about ten minutes of walking the sound of carnival games and laughs can be heard. The ringing of bells and cheers of other ponies.

"We're here my nephew. Cousin Twilight and I have somethings to attend to here. But you can go have fun as long as you stay close to cousin Twilight's friends. A guard will accompany you as well." Celestia says.

"Ok Aunt Tia." Peanut Butter says feeling a bit disappointed.

"Don't worry Princess he's in good hooves. Besides he probably would want to keep close to the most awesome flyer in Equestria. Isn't that right Peanut Butter?" Rainbow Dash says.

Peanut Butter nods as him, Rarity, AppleJack, Rainbow Dash and the guard head out as Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy went their own ways.

"Ya know I may have somepony ya may like ta meet." AppleJack says.

"Who is it?" Peanut Butter asks.

"Mah little sis AppleBloom. Ya two seem to be around the same age. Give er take a year er two." AppleJack says.

"That would be nice." Peanut Butter says.

After about five minutes of walking Peanut Butter stops as he sees an apple vender as his eyes widen as he smiles big and his mouth opens as his fangs glow from his mouth watering. The guard looks at Peanut Butter and notices this and uses his magic to put a harness on Peanut Butter.

"Not now Peanut Butter." Says the guard.

Peanut Butter starts tugging and tries to bite off the harness.

"Why are you putting a magical harness on him?" Rarity asks.

"His bat pony instincts have been surfacing recently. So he has been required to have a separate set of eyes on him. We usually have a night guard watch him. Though I've been trained to catch the signs. We should get him a few apples. But he has to stay over here. Otherwise he'll cause trouble." The guard says.

The guard gives AppleJack a few bits for apples and goes to the stand and gets a bag of them and returns. She takes out an apple and gives it to Peanut Butter.

"Here ya go Peanut Butter." AppleJack says as Peanut Butter takes the apple.

"Thank You." Peanut Butter says as he bites in the apple.

"I thought this was only in vampire fruit bats." Rarity says.

"I've studied bat ponies for years and you are partially right. While vampire fruit bats and fruit bats go after fruit. Bat ponies usually have a craving for fruit that they can't fully control at a young age though it peeks in the fall season." The guard says while Peanut Butter eats the apple.

"At least he has good taste." AppleJack says followed by a chuckle.

Peanut Butter finishes his apple when something else catches his eye. It's princess Luna and she isn't alone. She's with one of the guards he sees when Ocean Shine watches him every once in a while. Peanut Butter points with his hoof in their direction and looks at the guard.

"I see mama." Peanut Butter says as the guard and the others see Luna with the guard.

"Yes that's her. But let us leave her alone right now." Rarity says.

"Why?" Peanut Butter asks.

"You'll understand when you're older little one." The guard says with a smile.

"Ok." Peanut Butter says.

He sees a carnival game and points to it. Everyone heads towards the carnival game and see it's a matching game with ducks with colored dots on the bottom. The guard takes out a small bag with bits in it and gives the vender the money to have Peanut Butter play. The prize depends on what color dot he gets. Peanut Butter watches the ducks and pulls one out. It has a gold dot on it and wins a big prize. He chooses the giant Ursa Major plushie. The worker gives it to him and he hugs it and smiles before Rarity uses her magic to hold onto it for him. They continue through out the festival playing a few more games and giving Peanut Butter an apple whenever his cravings strike him.

Two hours later trumpets can be heard as they all turn around to see all the princesses on a large stage. Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Twilight stand in front of all the attendees at the festival.

"Greetings my little ponies. It is with great honor that we bring in the fall with Canterlot's Fall Festival race. We have quite the line up this year." Celestia says.

"The rules are simple. Follow the path laid out for you and be the first one back here. Also no magic or flight can be used." Luna says.

"The prize for the winner is one reasonable request from the princesses." Cadance says.

"With that let the Canterlot Fall Festival Race begin!" Shouts Twilight as a spark from her horn raises up in the air and pops.

There was a loud thunder of hooves immediately after. Peanut Butter looks up at the guard with a smile.

"I wanna see the race." Peanut Butter says in an excited tone of voice.

The group makes their way up to the front near the stage. Peanut Butter sees Luna with a smile until he sees her nuzzling the stallion she's been with during the day though now he is in armor both of them smiling. The smile on his face fades away as Luna looks towards the crowd and sees him upset and she dismisses the restraining spell that the guard is using and uses her magic to comfort him. To her surprise he's trying to get away from her.

"What's wrong Peanut Butter?" Luna asks in her motherly tone.

"Mama don't love me no more." Peanut Butter says as he starts crying.

Luna is shocked to hear that as she gently bounces the colt in her embrace.

"Mama loves you very much. Why do you think otherwise?" Luna asks.

Peanut Butter points to the guard next to her.

"My mama." Peanut Butter says to the guard clinging to Luna with a mad look on his face.

Luna realizes what is wrong and looks down towards Peanut Butter.

"Peanut Butter don't be rude. This is Lunar Shine he's Ocean Shine's brother. He's mama's special somepony." Luna says.

Peanut Butter buries his head into Luna's coat. Lunar Shine chuckles a little as he gets closer to Peanut Butter.

"My sister has told me a lot about you Peanut Butter. I think we'll get along just great. That's if you let me." Lunar Shine says looking at Peanut Butter with a warm smile.

Peanut Butter looks up at him from Luna's coat. He doesn't know what's going on and looks at Luna.

"Mama happy?" Peanut Butter asks.

Luna looks down at him with a smile.

"Mama is very happy." Luna says smiling.

Peanut Butter smiles a little and extends his hoof to Lunar Shine as a sight of approving of him. Lunar Shine extends his hoof out and has his hoof meet Peanut Butter's.

"I take that as a sign of approval?" Lunar asks.

Luna and Peanut Butter nod. Just then the Ursa major toy Peanut Butter is placed on the stage next to them and the remaining apples.

"Looks like you had fun today it seems." Luna says with a chuckle.

Peanut Butter nods as he makes himself comfortable as an audible "Awwww" can be heard in the crowd.

Twilight's friends join the princesses on stage to watch the race. Through out most of the race Peanut Butter is curled up to Luna and soon falls asleep. Lunar Shine is next to Luna. Twilight is talking to her friends. Cadance joins them since Shining Armor is back at the Crystal Empire. Twilight then looks over at Luna and her cousin and then to Luna.

"Luna?" Twilight asks.

"Yes Twilight?" Luna asks.

"I know this maybe sudden. But when do you plan on putting Peanut Butter in school?" Twilight asks.

"I wasn't really thinking about that. He's technically almost four months old since coming to Equestria. Even though he looks like an eight year old colt. Along with the fact he's a bat pony." Luna says.

"That is true. I have one idea. But I don't know if you or him will like it." Twilight says.

"That depends on what it is." Luna says.

"You can have him come to Ponyville in the summer months and I can give him a head start by tutoring him and if he likes Ponyville enough maybe enroll him in the school there. It's just a thought. But might be something to consider." Twilight says.

Luna looks down at a sleeping colt thinking.

"I'll have to think about it. It's not a bad idea and I know your intentions are good. But I don't know if he's ready yet. I've tried giving him a head start and he has a very hard time when it comes to even the basics." Luna says.

"He probably learns differently like Rainbow Dash does." Twilight says.

"Probably." Luna says.

Peanut Butter starts moving around signalling he's waking up from a deep sleep. He looks up at Luna with a sleepy look in his eyes.

"Hi mama." Peanut Butter says sleepily.

"Hello Peanut Butter. Did my little moonbeam have a good nap?" Luna asks.

Peanut Butter nods.

The roar of running hooves can be heard in the distance as it quickly gets closer. Peanut Butter looks out and smiles as he sees the runners in the distance. They all cross the finish line as everyone cheers.

After the winner ceremony was completed the princesses and Twilight's friends go back to Canterlot castle. Luna carrying her sleeping colt on her back thinking of Twilight's offer. She feels conflicted about it. On one hoof he gets to be around other foals his age and where he'll be safe and get an education. But at the same time she doesn't want to have her son go so far. She feels trying Canterlot schools first would be a good idea. But will keep Twilight's offer as a back up plan if they can't handle him.

When they reach the castle Luna decides to put Peanut Butter in his new room that has been worked on whenever Peanut Butter wasn't around and was kept as a surprise. The room is a dark blue with streaks of a light blue and a light that looks like the moon. She tucks him in his new bed and kisses the top of his head and leaves the room quietly and sees Celestia in the hall after she lowered the sun.

"Sister can I talk to you alone?" Luna asks.

Celestia nods and they both head to a secluded part of the castle.

"What's wrong Luna?" Celestia asks.

"Twilight asked about Peanut Butter and him going to school. She suggested him going to Ponyville and giving him a head start and have him make friends there. But I'd rather keep him here in Canterlot. Though I'm not sure about the schools here and I don't know if he's ready let alone if they can handle him." Luna says.

Celestia is quiet as she thinks of what to say. It took about five minutes until Celestia speaks.

"I'd say look into it. If you want, let him go to a Canterlot school for a week and see how it goes. If it doesn't do well I'd suggest taking her offer." Celestia says.

Luna looks into the distance before raising the moon.

"I'll do it. But he'll have to have a guard nearby." Luna says.

"Of course." Celestia says.

"I'll have him start in a couple weeks after Hearths Warming Day." Luna says with a sigh and a bit of sadness.

Celestia comes over and hugs Luna trying to reassure her.

"It'll be alright Luna." Celestia says.

"I know. But I'm still worried." Luna says.

"I'll see you in the morning Luna." Celestia says.

"Ok. Good night sister." Luna says before she takes a deep breathe and heads to take care of her royal duties.

Author's Note:

What's this? Two chapters in the same month? What kind of witchcraft is this? Well with me going to a convention and November probably being busy for me I thought I'd work on a chapter to hold everyone over til December. It's no biggie making these. All it took was a few sleepless nights.

Luna: So that's what you've been doing all those nights. Looks like a sleep spell is in order you you young colt.

Uh oh. Um till next time I'll catch you la- *falls asleep*

Luna: He'll work on the Hearth's Warming Eve and Day chapter through out November and part of December. So No chapter in November. Now if you'll excuse me I have to put a certain bat pony to bed.