• Published 14th Aug 2014
  • 703 Views, 35 Comments

The Legend of PonyX - PonyXbyMisteMurdie



The story of PonyX is about a pony that grows up to be an outlaw in Equestia. In disagreement with Celestia's methods of protecting the world from Nightmere Moon, PonyX goes on a quest to break the spell that keeps her locked on the moon.

  • ...
33
 35
 703

Chapter One "The Pony in Hiding"

The legand of PonyX
Writings by Mist’e Murdie 2014, based off the writings of My Little Pony by Lauren Faust
Chapter One "The Pony in Hiding" (editor requested)

Log 464:

One Year from my exile and the banishment of Nightmere Moon: “In my solitude, in the Everfree Forest, I searched out many writings. Being that I believe I’ve become one of the most hated ponies in Equestria, I have to keep cover as best I could, so I never choose the same form twice. Changing forms was one of the perks of being part changeling and that was good because everypony, who knew of me, wanted me expelled from the land. Some say Celestia is not the strict ruler she once was believed to be, but I don’t trust her. I’ve seen her banish her own sister, when Luna needed her the most. At times, this made me feel like I was on the wrong side of the law.

I have two things working against me; not only am I on the most controversial quests in Equestria, but in my blood ran the most detested creatures known to ponies, the changeling. If I could only get close enough to Celestia, I’d mimic her alicorn powers and maybe even take the elements of harmony. Maybe then, I could have the means of healing Luna, back to her old self. The elements of harmony was just the problem. They could be used against me and who knows what she would do. Plus, I could only imagine that she had to have kept them close by her side, incase of intruders, like myself. Not only that, but my powers not strong enough, yet. I only gathered a small amount of information about changeling abilities, from old writings in the castle library. Being that my knowledge of Changelings is limited, so is my knowledge about myself. The Cosmic Staff of Astraios is my main objective. It is the only way to save Luna. I could give power to the stars to free Nightmere Moon and then find a way to turn Luna back. -PonyX”

I rolled up my scroll and placed it back in the bag pack I found. I haven’t been more tired and frightened in my life. Not to mention, no matter how much food I managed to find, I still felt weak and famished. I spent most of my time in the deeper part of the Everfree Forest, hiding from the Equestrian guards. Hiding in the forest brought me close enough to the old castle to reach when needed to sneak it’s the library, but had pliantly of hide space when others came into the woods. It was easier to hide as a filly, but being that I was now a full grown mere, finding cover was more of a challenge.

The forest seemed extra creepy this particular night. The noises of whistling and growls filled the wind. Every bug, that had the ability to annoy a pony, bit me, that night. I tried to ignore it and move forward. Finding water was my most important priority. My survival had to out ranked the fear. I pushed through the brush. I saw a stream not too far from here and needed fresh water badly. As I pressed on, I pushed a branch out of my way that was fill with vampire fruit bats. As fast as I could, gasp, they came down at me, pelting me, trying to scare me off. I galloped faster to lose them. Suddenly, that’s when I stumbled over a rock and tumbled into a dug out hole. I fell flat into the whole and dust flew around me. It was apparent that it was a trap meant for wild animals. I could barely move. I was in so much pain. I decided I’d rest a moment, before figuring out my next move. Just then the crackling of the brush I heard from the woods got louder. I stood as still as I could to hear what was coming. It got closer and closer, louder every time. Something was coming.

Just outside the hole I heard a growl and then sniffing. That’s when I saw a pair of glowing eyes. It was a timber wolf. One eye turned to a few and then the hole I was in was surrounded. I tried to stand up, but my leg was trapped under a rock that fell with me. I thought to myself, “At least I’m safe down here”’ but that when one jumped down the hole and then the next. They cornered me. I had to find a way out.

I played with my stone on the necklace hoping for an accidental spell to save me. They drew closer. I bent down in fear. The growls got louder and more violent. Then one jumped forward and tore at my wing. I screamed in agony. This was it, my life was about to end. Suddenly, a dark image came plummeting into the hole and landed on the timber wolf that had ahold of me. Two more dark shadows followed. They pulled down there hoods and pulled out swords. It was Ponies! I looked closer and one of the three was a griffin, the one that lunged into my attacker.

The griffin that saved me pulled out a long rod from his side and fought the timber wolves attempting to attack me. The others fought behind him keeping the other wolves away. Then a timber wolf jumped into the air and landed on the griffin. One of the ponies happened to be a unicorn and used his magic, to hold a sword and cut the timber wolf in half that jumped on him. The other pony was a pegasus and was attracting to other timber wolves. One of them got ahold of his leg and injured it before he could get them off from him, but not enough to slow him down.

Just then the griffin flew up and roped a timber wolf that was on the run. The griffin grabbed me in his talons and yelled, “Everyone grab that rope!” All the ponies grabbed on and the griffin held on with his beak while still holding me with his talons. The Wolf instantly jumped around to lose us and ran as fast as he could, pulling us up from the hole. They all let go and we rolled until we all hit trees and surrounding rocks. The griffin looked up at a tree, as if it was exactly where he planned on landing. “Lightning Rod, help get Blade Wing up to the tree house! I’ll meet you up there with this pony!” The unicorn pulled a string on the back pack attached to his back and wooden, mechanical wings sprang out. He tied the other pony to his back and struggled to fly up. The Griffin continued to hold me and flew up as well. The timber wolves arrived a moment too late and attempted to jump up and attack us, growling and baring teeth. We flew higher and higher and through the brush shown a well hidden tree house, in which we landed.

The shock got ahold of me first. I looked around and saw all these wild contraptions made of wood and brass. I also realized, I’ve been hiding in these woods for years and had no idea this was above me, let alone that there were ponies in the woods with me. The leaves and the brush were too thick to see the ground, even the winter the tree house would have had to of been covered by thick branches enough to remain unseen. This alone puzzled me. I just gazed around the room.


The griffin that brought me up here began to check me over. I jumped back, “Don’t touch me! I was fine on my own!” I snapped at him. He just glared at me and the unicorn interrupted, as to bring the attention off the tension building in the room, “I’m sorry madam. It is no wonder you are so anxious, we haven’t properly introduced ourselves. I am Lightening Rod. I am rather the brainy type gentle-colt. I like to dabble in inventive type contraptions, tinker really. The pegasus with us is Blade Wing. He is rather splendid in the art of battle, a bit of horse play if you ask me, he he he… and the fine gentle-colt or rather griffin that so graciously granted your presents with us is Linda, but we have taken to calling him Stormy, on an account that griffins do not know gender when naming their eggs. They are rather a fine group of creatures, if you ask me…” “Thank you Lightening! I think you covered it,” He growled the griffin.

The pegasus, they called Blade Wing joined in the conversation, before any more aggravation was brewed, “May I ask why such a lovely pegasus such as yourself is wondering around these parts alone? Also, what's your name?” I wondered what he meant until I caught a glimpse my reflection in one of Lightening’s more shiny contraptions. The excitement made me change forms without even thinking. What they were seeing was a pink unicorn with a long flowing tail and mane, of the color white. Before I could say a word, Lightening Rod chimed in, “And I must say, with such talents as I. I take it, you are a bit of a thinker as well, my dear?” I turned and seen that I must have mimicked Lighten Rod’s powers. That means I had to do my best to not look any other pony in the eye and concentrate on holding this form, or else I would change cutie marks and forms again. "I don't have a name'" I muttered. Blade just smiles and said, "Your a mysterious pony, huh? I'll just call you Ms. Pony X". He laughed. That became my new official from there on out and the first time I was called it.

I looked down, to avoid any more eye contact, “I guess you could say that.” I got sterner, “What I want to know is why you brought me here! Are you spies for princess Celestia?” I peeked up at them, careful to not make eye contact. They all looked puzzled. The griffin then said, “Who is this Princess Celestia? Is she in alliance with King Sombra or with our great and glorious Princess Charity the Golden Hearted?” “Who? Princess Celestia is the ruler of Canterlot. She is hard hearted and has even sent her own sister to the moon,” I said. “I know not of this Celestia, we are refugees from the Crystal Empire. Lightening Rod was born and raised there, whereas Blade and I were travelers looking for work. We lived with Lightening for years, until this evil colt that called himself King Sombra took over Charity’s kingdom,” Said Stormy. Lightening continued, “…and my, what a reign our dear princess had. She was the princess of love and charity, kind to all that she met. Just her presents made every pony shine like crystal, but it was not to last. When King Sombra kidnapped her and took over, the kingdom was turned to darkness. He also had stolen our most prized possession, the Crystal Heart. This was our source of magic in the Empire. I feel he is attempting to take over the entire known world.”

I turned my attention to finding a way out of here. I haven’t learned enough to control my own powers and it wouldn’t be long before they figured out my secret. “Wait a minute!” I thought to myself they didn’t know who Celestia was. That means they knew nothing of Luna’s banishment. In fact they might even be able to help me find the pieces of the staff. I turned to the griffin. I decided he was safest to stare at because he had no pony powers. Lightening was safe as well, because I already had his powers of inventiveness. It was just Blade I had to avoid eye contact with. I looked at Stormy and said, “Maybe we can help each other out, a little, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours. I’m looking for a staff that my mother gave me. It runs deep in my family it’s called The Cosmic Staff of Astraios. This evil Princess I told you about stole it from me and broke it into 7 pieces. She then sent it into the four corners of the world. (Which was all a complete lie) I might find some clues in your Crystal Empire. If you help me look for it I’ll help you find you’re missing Princess, but no more treating me like I’m weak. I’m not weak!” Blade walks up, his leg was now bandaged from the attack bellow. I look down to the ground to avoid eye contact. I guess that he took that as a sign of affection because his next words were, “How could a group of fine young colts and one griffin avoid coming to the aid of such a beautiful young damsel in distress? It was like you were begging for us to come and save the day. ” He tried to hold my head up with his hoof. I jolted away, “Don’t take my moment of minor setback as need for assistance. I just needed to think my way out of it.”

None of them questioned my thinking abilities; due to the fact my current gifting was intelligence. This was because of changing of my cutie mark to the same lightning bolt inside of a light bulb as Lightening Rod’s, but Blade made a flirty smirk as though he still felt I needed protection. Stormy responds, “Your right about one thing. If any of us are going to find our princess we need to help one another. You’re in.” Lightening turns and begins to ramble on about the equipment they’ll need and Blade reluctantly joins him talking more about weaponry, for the mission. Stormy leaded over and whispers quietly in my ear, “My eye is on you pony. There’s something you’re hiding. Hurt my friends and I’ll destroy your pretty little face.”

We left the tree house, a few hours later and we all found ourselves journeying towards what was left of the Crystal Empire. Along the way Lightening insisted that we stop to the old Zebra Wizard named Zorane. He was there stop before a lot of their missions to help them out with foreknowledge or something crazy like that.

We arrive to this grass and mud hut, in the wild open space. The sun beat down so heavy there that the grass was dry and brittle. The griffin stayed watch over me as the other two each went in to get advice from the Zebra. Night was beginning to fall and being that I was unfamiliar with this land; the noises bothered me a little. Stormy than nodded to me, indicating it was my turn. The zebra only talked to one pony at a time, so I had to go in alone.

I entered in and saw all the primitive décor. There were wooden masks on the wall, as well as books and bottles of colored liquids, which smoked. An old shaky voice welcomed me to his home. “So old guy, I hear you tell the future.” I said with a smirk. He turns and begins shuffling through his books, as though he didn’t see me. “Are you going to talk or am I wasting my time being here?” He continues doing what he was doing, but says calmly, “You are the pony the dies a thousand deaths…” I interrupt in a hackling way, “I will be that embarrassed, huh?” He turns to me annoyed and says, “You will literally die a thousand deaths. I see the heart of an evil queen being birthed in your heart. If you continue in this way, even those you love will become your enemies. Only forgiveness will free you.”

I roll my eyes, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I’m good in that area. I don’t care. I don’t have friends or family. What I need to know is; will I be able to free Princess Luna and how can I find the staff?” He turns around to his books again and continues, “You will free this princess of yours, by the aid of the stars, but it will take much longer, to accomplish, then you suppose. Also, her healing will come from another group of ponies, by the power of friendship. The first piece of the staff you are looking for is in the walls of the Crystal Castle, where you are headed. It got trapped there unknowingly. Beware, the evil root in your heart. It will change you more and more each day.” I interrupted, “Thanks old guy! That’s all I needed!” and ran out to the others.

“Show what did he say?” Blade asked me as we started out towards our destination, once more. “Oh he just said that we have this one in the bag. We need to go to the Crystal Castle. We’ll find what we need there,” I said. The griffin just looked at me as though he knew I fabricated the story. He’s eyes pierced right through me. He looked as though he was getting ready to say something, but a distant howl brought our attention back to the journey and just keeping safe. I knew that conversation was still going to take place, but at a later time.

The bare land between here and the Crystal Empire felt like a desert. It just went on and on. Lightning Bolt just rabbled on about their plans for breaking into the castle. I’m pretty sure none of us were listening; we’d all figure it out when we got there. At least that’s how I felt. Blade seemed more interested in checking me out. This attention made me blush, but I knew it was merely a distraction. Stormy bothered me though. He was the leader of this band. He didn’t say much, but when he did it mattered. He watched me closely, analyzing me, conspiring, possibly, a counter plan. Was he with Princess Celestia? I didn’t know. He seemed too righteous to be involved in all of this and not have some other ties, or plots, with other ponies. I could be over thinking this, as well. Maybe Lightning Bolt’s over active brain powers, that I took on, was making me look too deep into all this. They simply wanted to save some silly princess and get their kingdom back. I was on a similar mission. I just want my princess back.

We passed a small patch of trees. Stormy suggested that we stopped there and rested until morning. The others agreed. I still felt a little vulnerable traveling with these ponies, but reluctantly agreed, also. We settled in the thick of the group of trees. Blade pulled a large sheet out of his pack that we tied to a branch and used as a tent. Stormy didn’t confront me about his concern as of yet, but I believe it was because he was concerned about the noises out in the distance. He felt that it was better to have the trees as cover, to hide them all, than being in the open, at night. That seemed to make sense, but the noises only got louder. Stormy heard them too. The feeling was just getting eerier and eerier. We had camp all set up and ready. All of us, but Stormy and I. had settled down to sleep. Stormy turned to us all and said, “We have to go!” We all rose to give him our attention. He was right. We all attempted to turn and tare down camp, but something happened. We were all paralyzed in the same position. We were under a spell. We all desperately struggled to move, all frozen like statues. Blade tried his hardest to move his head so he could grab his sword and Lightning wanted to pull one of his inventions out of his back pack. None of us could move a muscle, only our mouths. Suddenly, the noises all surrounded us, followed by red shining eyes. We were trapped!
To Be Continued…

Comments ( 4 )

I need a editor for chapter two. I'm still new to this site, if anyone is interested, please, so I'm unsure how to go about it. Please bare with me. I'm fixing mistakes, as I find them.

I'm thinking of revising the first part of the story or changing it to a back flash. I feel like you get the wrong impression of PonyX, from part one. Basically, there's not enough "lead ins" to understand were the plot is headed and too much background story. Part one is primarily about her life growing up and part two is the actually beginning to the storyline. Tell me what you think?

You do realise you need special permission to copyright something, right?

HOLY SHIT this sucks ass

Login or register to comment