• Published 13th Aug 2014
  • 5,697 Views, 51 Comments

Kidnapping Button Mash - The Delirium



To get back at Sweetie Belle for getting them in trouble, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon kidnap her crush, Button Mash.

  • ...
15
 51
 5,697

The Heist

There was never a dull moment in Ms.Cherilee's class for fillies and colts. There was always something going on, whether it be two colts getting stuck together by bubble gum or a certain filly getting multiple cutie marks. At the moment, five fillies were having an argument with each other. It was common knowledge that Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle couldn't stand Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Confrontations between the two groups were common sights on the playground. Currently, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were in the middle of their daily routine of making fun of other ponies. Today, they had set their sights on Sweetie Belle.

"Poor, poor Sweetie Dolt. She's a blank flank and a klutz. I've never seen such a useless filly in my life." Diamond teased.

"Sh...shut...up." croaked Sweetie Belle, who had begun to cry. "W...what...do...y...you...know?"

"I know that Rarity agrees with me. She told me you're a pain to have around."

"Y...your'e...lying."

"No 'I'm not! We talked to her the other day, right Spoon?"

"That's right, Diamond. Rarity thinks your a total waste of a pony, Sweetie Belle. And an even worse sister."

"Stop taking!" Sweetie Belle screamed as she lunged at her tormenters. She slammed into Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, knocking all three fillies to the ground.

"Get off me!" yelled Diamond, as she began to thrash around and kicking her hind legs. Unfortunately, one of those kicks landed straight on Sweetie Belle's jaw, sending her toppling off her and Silver Spoon.

"What is going on!" screamed a voice that made all three fillies turn their heads. They saw Cherilee standing over them angrily with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo next to her. "When Apple Bloom and Scootaloo told me you were fighting, I assumed they meant verbally. I never could have dreamed of you resorting to violence!" Cherilee began to drag the three fillies into the schoolhouse.

"But, Ms.Cherilee, it was Sweetie Belle's f..." Diamond began.

"I don't care who started it! All of you will be held responsible for your actions."

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo watched as their teacher dragged Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon through the playground and into the schoolhouse. They sat there, anxiously, as they waited for some pony to leave the building. Eventually, Cherilee walked out with all three fillies in tow.

"Now, you behave from now on and remember your detention on Monday."

"Yes, Ms.Cherilee." they all said together. As Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon started walking towards town, Sweetie Belle headed towards her friends.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle." Scootaloo called. "What happened in there?"

"Ms.Cherilee scolded us about the importance of using words to express our differences and not violence." Sweetie answered with a roll of here eyes. "Then she gave us all a detention."

"Well that's not fair." Apple Bloom added. "They were the ones who were teasin ya."

"True, but I was the one who tackled them."

"And what an awesome tackle it was!" Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo and scowled. "Sorry."


"This is so unfair!" yelled Diamond Tiara as she and Silver Spoon walked through Ponyville. "It's all Sweetie Belle's fault!"

"I know! Why did Ms.Cherilee give us detention?"

"Because she's not good at her job. At least, that's what my daddy tells me. I just wish there was a way to get back at Sweetie Belle." Just then, the two fillies passed the local arcade and stopped in their tracks. They looked in and saw a brown colt with a fiery orange mane near the entrance. "Hey, isn't that the colt Sweetie Belle likes? What was his name again?"

"Button Mash."

"Right. I know! Let's do something with him to get back at Sweetie Belle!"

"What did you have in mind?"

"I don't know." The two fillies began to brainstorm ideas of how to use Button Mash to get back at Sweetie Belle.

"We could get him to date one of us. That would just about crush Sweetie Belle."

"No way. Sweetie Belle likes him, not us."

"How about we tell Sweetie Belle that Button isn't interested?"

"She'll assume we're lying and probably end up attacking us again."

"Then we could..."

"I got it! We need to kidnap Button Mash."

"What!?"

"We'll kidnap him and leave Sweetie a note that says we'll only return him if she admits to Ms.Cherilee that the whole thing today was her fault."

"Great idea!"

"Of course it is. I thought of it."


Night had fallen in Ponyville and Luna's moon illuminated the sky. Every pony was in their homes, exept for two mischievous fillies wearing full body black skin suits. They snuck their way through the town, careful to avoid all of the streetlights. They eventually made their way to a small yellow house with a brown roof. They went around to the side of it, ending up in an alley way. One of the fillies pulled out a large brown bag and nodded to the other.

"Ready, Diamond?"

"You bet, Spoon." Diamond Tiara picked a rock off the ground and hurled it up to a window above them. It hit the class with a loud slam, but didn't shatter it. However, that was enough to get the attention of the colt that was just beyond the window. Button Mash trotted to the window in his room, opened it and looked down. He saw two fillies wearing black suits, so he couldn't tell who they were. "Hey, Button!" Diamond Tiara called up to him. "Come down here."

"Why? Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter who we are. It only matters what we have. Cheat codes."

"Oh boy! To what game?"

"All of them."

"Really?"

"Yes. Come down here and we'll give them to you."

"Alright!" Button Mash then stumbled out his window and slowly climbed down to the ground. Once he was there, Button looked at the two fillies and waited. "Well, where are they?" Before he could ask again, Silver Spoon lunged at him with the large brown bag. She quickly tripped the colt to the ground and kicked him into the bag. "Hey! Let me out of here!"

"Quick, let's go!" Diamond Tiara commanded as she and Silver Spoon ran toward their home, dragging Button Mash behind them.

"Some pony help me!"


Once again day had gifted Ponyville with its presence. Celestia's sun had just risen mere hours ago, yet some pony's were already awake. This included a certain three fillies in their own special clubhouse. Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom were reading a note that had been left at Sweetie's door earlier that morning.

Dear Sweetie Belle,

We have kidnapped your crush, Button Mash. If you don't tell Ms.Cherilee that what happened yesterday was all your fault, we will not give him back. Also, if you even think about telling an adult, Button Mash will suffer the consequences.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon

"Girls, what do we do?" asked Apple Bloom. "You can't admit that to Ms.Cherilee, Sweetie Belle."

"I don't think we should do anything." Sweetie Belle said.

"What!?"

"Ya, I don't have a crush on Button Mash."

"You don't?"

"How do you not!?" yelled Scootaloo. "You two are always together."

"To play video games. That colt's just to immature for me to like him."

"So, we're not going to do anything about this?"

"Nope."

"Works for me."


Five Hours Later

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were in Diamond's room, waiting for the CMC to arrive. They had Button Mash tied to the bed with rope and had blindfolded him as well.

"What's taking so long?" Diamond groaned. "It's been hours."

"I thought Sweetie Belle would do anything for him. I mean, he's her crush."

"Sweetie Belle doesn't have a crush on me." Button interrupted.

"What!?" both fillies yelped.

"You heard me. She like Rumble, not me. We're just friends." Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle were in shock as they tried to process this information.

"Then what are we doing with you?"

"You tell me." Just then, Diamond Tiara's father, Filthy Rich, walked into the room.

"Diamond, are you having a fun time with your friend?" Filthy suddenly gassed when he saw Button Mash tied to his daughter's bed. "Diamond! Why is this colt tied to your bed!?"

"Uh, I can explain!"

Comments ( 47 )

"Diamond! Why is this colt tied to your bed!?"

...

Kind of short and sudden, not much substance to it. There's a few grammar errors in there, too. Like, for example, using 'to' instead of 'too'. Then there's the odd spelling of Cheerilee's name, for some reason, and she's referred to as a Mrs. at one point instead of a Ms.

All in all, the concept sounds neat, but the story itself could have done with some fleshing out.

"It doesn't matter who we are. It only matters what we have. Cheat codes."

"Oh boy! To what game?"

"All of them."

"Really?"

"Yes. Come down here and we'll give them to you."

img.pandawhale.com/60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI2.jpeg
Button....how could you fell for that :facehoof:
Anyway ,great one-shot

Ignoring the fact that Button was a total idiot, he needs to beat those games without cheating!!! I'm can't believe him! :flutterrage: But anyway, this was pretty funny. Especially the ending. :rainbowlaugh:

Well that was a waste of time on Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's part, nothing to lose, nothing to gain (actually the former I am not so sure about, considering they got caught).:rainbowlaugh:

In my own personal headcanon, after the story finished, Button immediately screamed "I AM HERE AGAINST MY WILL!" And so Filthy Rich had to give his very special princess the talk about what kind of touching a proper young filly shouldn't be doing to a poor naive colt. You know, since the general consensus in fanfiction is that the gender roles are basically the opposite of Earth.

And then he bribed Button with lots of video games.

He is expected to be released from the hospital, and totally doesn't hold a grudge towards Button's mother for putting him there.

And thus began the road of very awkward Diamond Mash ships.

Cute story. Though one of Diamond's strengths is using insults that the CMC can't simply prove by asking somepony else. Just take the way they delivered their followup/recovery of Sweetie not being invited to go to Manehattan in Twilight Time, which only furthers Diamond's belief that Sweetie Belle probably can't be trusted at such important social events in fear of being embarrassed by her own sister.

I could see DT being barred from Carousel Boutique for just blatant lies about her. And nothing was mentioned as to whether they really did talk to Rarity and just twisted her words to mean something she didn't intend to be taken in such a way.

---

Nice story in any case. Somehow I can totally see both DT and SS dating Rumble at the same time. Though totally oblivious as to why colts dislike him and fillies always wanna be around him.

Sweetie Belle and DT are most huggable ponies. I really like their manes~ :yay:

there must be a part 2 to this! I DEMAND IT!!!

"Diamond! Why is this colt tied to your bed!?"

And the award for "Best out of context line" goes to...this fic. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Loved this fic. :pinkiehappy:

"You heard me. She likes Rumble, not me. We're just friends." Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle were in shock as they tried to process this information.

Nice idea for a story but there are a lot of very basic mistakes. None are quite so jarring as the character switch there though.

This got funny the moment Sweetie decided to not do anything! Good story. :pinkiesmile:

We're just friends.

Apparently friends aren't worth saving.:unsuresweetie::trixieshiftright:

I would show Miss C the note (ovs) :rainbowlaugh:

"Uh, I can explain!"

I wish We could hear her explanation for this!:rainbowlaugh:

4847877 Seriously though, whats the worst that could happen to him there?

I imagine it would go similarly to what happened in "a dog and pony show". The only question is: Which side would relent to the annoyingness first?

I can only imagine hat poor Filthy Rich is thinking.

Okay... is it just me or has anyone else considered what Button's mom will do when she discovers her foal isn't in his room the next morning. We're looking at a frantic neighborhood search by the community, followed by an Amber Alert and a plethora of panicked ponies pursuing perceived perpetrators prolifically around Ponyville. No telling how long Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara will spend in juvenile hall. On the bright side, Ms. Cherilee's will be a lot calmer.

4853497 Maybe she'd be glad he got out of the house for once :P

"We could get him to date one of us. That would just about crush Sweetie Belle."

"No way. Sweetie Belle likes him, not us."

Okay, what do you mean with the second paragraph?

"You bet, Spoon." Diamond Tiara picked a rock off the ground and hurled it up to a window above them. It hit the class with a loud slam, but didn't shatter it. 

I think they hit something else.

"You heard me. She like Rumble, not me. We're just friends." Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle were in shock as they tried to process this information.

When did Sweetie Belle get there?

And is Button an OC, or a pony that was seen for very few frames? Would that not give him the "other" stamp instead of the "OC" one?

Filthy suddenly gassed when he saw

Y'mean gasped, not gassed, I believe.

Other than that and a few spelling errors… it's pretty good! I'll be off to read the sequel now.

:rainbowkiss: Just found this. Excellent plot twist. You earn a favorite.

:moustache: :moustache: And moustaches.

4853497 His Mom is always trying to get him to go out and play. Not to mention she seems like the most collected and chill mom in ponyville. I doubt she'd ground him after Filthy Rich explains to her, in a reassuring and calm civilized explanation, that her son was perfectly safe and sound tied to hi daughter's bed.

<awkward silence>

"MY SUN HAS A FILLY FRIEND!? THAT'S MY BOY!"

...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE WAS TIED TO HER BED!?"

"Da stashe, Mom. It's just too strong against the la~dies."

---

Worst case scenario, she'd just ground Buttons and have "the talk" with him and how only mommy and daddy are allowed to play with ropes.

Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle were in shock as they tried to process this information.

*Silver Spoon*

Lool, that bait.
Pokeball - nope
Masterball-nope
CheatCodes- instant Button.

While there are several smaller problems, I like the thing overall. The kidnapping was priceless and the ending very entertaining. I wonder if the Stockholm Syndrome will set in soon, otherwise I don't see much romance here.

I tried to read it, but since I'm in the middle of editing another story, I couldn't get through the errors to enjoy the story. I am frustrate. raar.

4860140
No, no, it makes perfect sense to gass in shock when you see something, well, shocking.

"It's Rapeing time." Diamond Tiara said in his ear.

Filthy suddenly gassed when he saw Button Mash tied to his daughter's bed.

How shocked was he that he nearly shit himself?

4995090 you just made that line even funnier for me XD

Two things made this priceless: The sudden jump to kidnapping and Filthy Rich finding Button tied down. A little too short for me, but still funny nevertheless.

I can just imagine this going down now:
*Van drives up.
Creepy guy: "Hey kid, I got cheat codes in my van. Come get 'em."
Button: "Oh boy!"
*Van drives off. Button never seen again.

Dan

Cheat codes?

His mom didn't teach him proper gamer integrity.

"Diamond, are you having a fun time with your friend?" Filthy suddenly gassed when he saw Button Mash tied to his daughter's bed. "Diamond! Why is this colt tied to your bed!?"

"Uh, I can explain!"

:ajsmug:
Busted...!
:ajsmug:

Button Mash:
XXYABABX.
Don't tell anypony.

I love this story! It's halarious, can't wait for more:)

Mfg I'm lol'ing so flipping hard right now XDDD

Short get the ending was hilarious with how awkward it was

"And what an awesome tackle it was!" Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo and scowled. "Sorry."

What? Don't be sorry Scoots. It was an awesome tackle

"Uh, I can explain!"

We were playing a game!

5211643
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

Login or register to comment