• Published 13th Aug 2014
  • 1,188 Views, 44 Comments

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FOREVER! YAY!: A TwiMacVerse Story - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Side story of the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the TwiMacVerse, as they attempt to earn their cutie marks and see just how strong their friendship really is.

  • ...
4
 44
 1,188

Chapter 14: Practicing for the Big Show

The school talent show was less than a week away, and Sweetie Belle wasn't feeling anymore confident. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were determined to help their friend do her very best. Apple Bloom was in charge of sets, Scootaloo thought up choreography, and they even got assistance from Rarity. Apple Bloom built a makeshift stage by the clubhouse to help them practice, Hard Hat let her have some time off to help her friends out; he wasn't about to let a kid not have fun. New Cutie Mark Crusader recruits, Dinkie Hooves and Berry Pinch had joined in helping build sets and prepare the necessary effects. The two had a particularly high regard for Apple Bloom, having just gained her cutie mark.

"Good job, ya'll!" exclaimed Apple Bloom. "Them sets are lookin great."

"Thank you very much, ma'am!" exclaimed Dinky Hooves.

"It's an honor to be under the guidance of a senior crusader, ma'am!"exclaimed Berry Pinch.

"Ah done told ya before ya don't haveta treat me any different than Sweetie or Scoots," said Apple Bloom. Though in her head she had to admit it was fun having some adoration. "Alright, Sweetie Belle, from the top!"

"Can't we take a break?" exclaimed Sweetie Bell. "We've been practicing two days straight now!"

"No way!" replied Apple Bloom. "We lost a lot of good time being held up at the hospital! Ah know if we make this routine perfect, you'll shine so bright and finally get yer cutie mark."

"Good thing Rarity agreed to make costumes," said Scootaloo. "Last time we tried it didn't go so great."

The three friends briefly thought back to when they'd last entered a talent show. Scootaloo headed the performance, Apple Bloom made costumes, and Sweetie Belle made sets. Scootaloo was correct when she said things didn't go so great during that performance. Thank goodness nopony was hurt when all the sets came crashing around them.

"Havin these new recruits certainly helps," said Babs Seed.

"Anything you can do for you, ma'aam? asked Dinky. She and Berry had adoration for Babs as well, since she too had her cutie mark.

"Just make sure everything is in workin order," Babs commanded.

The two recruits saluted and went to double check.

"Ya love doin that, don't ya?" Apple Bloom asked rhetorically.

"Hey, I'm just havin some fun with 'em," chuckled Babs. "Not everyday ya get to be in charge of somepony."

"Just don't be mean to 'em," warned Apple Bloom.

"Hey, I know better than ta do that," retorted Babs.

After hours of practice, Sweetie Belle's friends finally parted ways and she headed back to the Carousel Boutique. When she got there, Spike was standing at the front door. He was forbidden from watching rehearsals.

"Spike, what are you doing here?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"I figured you'd be sore from all the practicing," began Spike. "So I thought I'd give you a massage."

"Oh," she responded, blushing. "That's really sweet of you."

Spike motioned his marefriend to sit on a step so he could rub her shoulders.

"So, how are rehearsals going?" he asked.

"Ok, I guess," she replied. "I'm still not confident it's going to turn out so well."

"Come on now. You and I both know you're a capable singer. I know it's easy enough for me to say that, but I have all the faith in you. And of course Bloom and Scoots do too."

"I know...it's just really scary. It's not like last time on stage, when it was Scootaloo doing the main singing. But this time I'll be front and center. I just don't think I can do it."

Before Sweetie Belle could really think, Spike had turned her around quickly, stared at her intensely in the eyes, and planted a kiss straight on her lips. It was their very first real kiss, other times had just been pecks on the muzzle or cheek. Once done Sweetie Belle stood there stiff as a statue.

"I believe in you completely, Sweetie Belle. Just remember that I'll be front and center in the audience."

Sweetie Belle began to tear up a little, though clearly happy tears. She gave Spike a big hug.

"Thank you so much, Spike! I'm lucky to have a coltfriend like you!"

"And I'm lucky to have a marefriend like you."

Sweetie Belle went inside, with her big sister trying to pretend she wasn't spying on them.

"You're a terrible sneak, Rare," said Sweetie Belle.

"I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about," replied Rarity. "I've been working on your costumes this entire time."

"Of course you have," Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes.

"Do you think you'll be ready for the big day?" asked Rarity.

"I honestly don't know," said Sweetie Belle. "But, with my friends, my special somepony, and favorite sister there, it won't really matter. And thanks again for making costumes."

"Of course, Sweetie, "said Rarity, giving her sister a hug. "After all, you're my favorite sister too."

Author's Note:

Ok, I don't imagine I'll have another chapter out on the same day, seeing as the last two were just copy and pastes from another story to link things. But I suppose never say never.