• Published 13th Aug 2014
  • 1,188 Views, 44 Comments

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FOREVER! YAY!: A TwiMacVerse Story - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Side story of the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the TwiMacVerse, as they attempt to earn their cutie marks and see just how strong their friendship really is.

  • ...
4
 44
 1,188

Chapter 11: Last Day at the Hospital

It was the last day the Cutie Mark Crusaders had to stay in the hospital. They were all of course very happy to be getting out and back to crusading. But Scootaloo wasn't as excited; her thoughts jumbled with not only trying to fly but also her future in Ponyville. She figured Rainbow Dash had no real obligation to look after her, so it seemed only natural that she'd eventually send her off somewhere else.

"Hey, Scoots," said Apple Bloom. "Ya doin ok? Ya look like yer in a daze."

"Huh? Oh, no I'm fine," she replied. "I was just thinking."

"What about?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Nothing I really wanna discuss right now," said Scootaloo. "Once I have everything figured out I'll let you guys know."

"Alright," replied Apple Bloom. "Just don't be afraid ta tell us anything."

"Don't worry, Bloom," said Scootaloo. "I know I can talk to you and Sweets about anything."

The three had a moment of silence, when Rainbow Dash came to their room with some news.

"Yo!" exclaimed the cerulean mare. "Bet you three are excited to bet getting out of this place."

"Understatement of the century," replied Scootaloo.

"AJ and Rares are out there waiting for you two," she motioned to Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. "But before you go, Scoots, my dad said he wanted to talk to you."

"Huh? What for?" asked Scootaloo.

"He wouldn't tell me," replied Rainbow Dash. "Just that he wanted to talk to you in here alone."

"Well, ok," said Scootaloo.

Rainbow Dash took the other two crusaders out of the room, and a moment later walked in her dad Bifröst.

"How you feeling, Scootaloo?" he asked.

"As ok as I can be right now," she said solemnly.

Bifröst took a seat next to Scootaloo.

"Rainbow Dash told me all about your situation," he said.

"Really? Why?" she asked.

"Well, I am her father," he replied. "She's not exactly experienced in looking after kids. I'm in town building her house, so I was easily available. Plus...I can relate to your situation."

"What!?" she said in surprise. "You were abandoned by your parents too!?"

"Well, not by both at once," he said. "My mother had passed away when I was a little younger than you. For a couple years my father did his best to look after me, but eventually he just couldn't handle it anymore and he dropped me off my grandfather's house and never came back."

"That's not exactly the same thing," said Scootaloo. "I mean, your dad didn't just up and leave without a word. Plus you had somepony looking after you."

"Yes, true. But my father had told me he was going to come back for me. I'm not sure if grandpa knew or not. I remember about a month later I'd asked him when he was coming back for me. Grandpa just teared up and hugged me. He didn't have to explain anything, I knew right away what had happened."

"But you still had somepony!"

"You know you could've gotten help. Besides your friends, I know my Dashie was willing to look after you."

"What obligation do they have to me? I'm not related to them."

"Family isn't about who's blood you share. It's about the ponies that care about you and would do anything they can to help you. You saw what your friends were willing to do for you. Can't say I approve of them not telling anypony else, but I know they were just doing what they felt was right."

"I guess you have a point. I was just scared."

"I can understand that. You've been forced to grow up a little too soon. I wish kids didn't have to face the harsh realities of life, but things don't always go as planned. But, you should know that your friends and Rainbow Dash are here for you. I know my Dashie has a good judge of character, so I expect you to let her know how grateful you are to her."

"And even Bookworm?"

"Yes...even Bookworm."

"Your still upset about the wedding incident, aren't you?"

"How did you know about that!?"

"There are times where Dash forgets I'm a kid..."

Bifröst did a face hoof and let out a little sigh. He loved his daughter very much, but also knew she didn't always have the best tact.

The next day, the Cutie Mark Crusaders met at their clubhouse. Scootaloo had something important to tell them.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YER BUCKIN MIND!?" exclaimed Apple Bloom.

"Hey! Language!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle. "Although I can't blame Apple Bloom for the shock!"

"Would you two not be so loud!?" sniped Scootaloo. "This isn't something I want the whole town to hear."

"We promised AJ and the others no more crazy stunts," said Apple Bloom.

"This isn't a stunt," replied Scootaloo. "I read about it in a book. It's said to be super effective."

"Since when do you listen to books?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Since I found one with an actually helpful passage," retorted Scootaloo. "And you two are gonna help. It's what we promised each other."

"But, Scoots," began Apple Bloom. "What yer wantin ta do is...crazy. This ain't our usual crusadin stunt."

"I know..." Scootaloo began. "But I honestly can't see any other option."

"So, when are you going to do it?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Not till you two have your cutie marks," said Scootaloo. "It's obvious you two are closer to your goal than me."

"What makes ya think that?" asked Apple Bloom.

"It's just obvious," said Scootaloo. "So are you gonna help?"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle looked at each other for a moment. The look in their eyes said that they both knew what Scootaloo had in mind was absolutely insane. But, they also saw the determination in their friend's eyes. They had to make sure she'd pull it off. The two slowly nodded to their friend, causing Scootaloo to embrace them.

Author's Note:

So here's my first new chapter in FOREVER! I'm so sorry it's taken this long to get one out, I just kinda lost focus for a while and didn't feel I could get it done the way I wanted. But I'm back! And I plan to keep a steady schedule till this story is done!