• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 21,243 Views, 836 Comments

The Girls of My Life - Wildcard25



Spike has known his six best friends since they were kids. Now that they're older their friendship will develop into something much more than what he expected.

  • ...
41
 836
 21,243

Photo Project

It was Saturday at, Sugarcube Corner, Spike and the girls were enjoying some milkshakes. Rarity spoke, "Well, in about a week it'll be the annual Canterlot High Valentines Day Festival."

"I sure can't wait for that." Pinkie added.

"Me too." Fluttershy put in.

"I even hear they're putting in some new stuff." Twilight noted.

"Guess, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves." Applejack finished, as the group agreed.

As Spike enjoyed his milkshake, he and the girls hear a voice speak up, "Spike Drake!" The group looked over and saw Photo Finish approach, "I've been looking for you."

"Photo Finish?" the girls asked.

"And hello to you too, girls." Photo greeted them respectively, before turning her attention back to Spike.

"It's nice to see you, Photo," he greeted her, "And you said you were looking for me."

"Correct."

"And why were you looking for Spike?" Twilight asked.

"Because I require Spike's assistance for a project I am working on." she answered.

"What kind of project?" Spike asked.

Photo began, "The photography course I am taking has given the students a picture project. Ve must use someone ve know as models for our pictures. That's where you come in."

Spike started realizing what she wanted, as did the girls, "You want me to be your model?"

"Precisely." Photo finished.

Spike pondered, "Why choose me? Isn't there someone in your own school you could ask, or any of the girls here?"

"Yes, but they lack de certain magiks!" she declared, while the girls felt insulted.

"But what kind of pictures will I be asked to model for? No nude or underwear shots I hope?" he asked, while his six friends blushed at the idea.

"Oh, heaven's no," Photo replied, "Any of those and I'd automatically get an F. No, I'll only need you to try on various costumes and outfits."

"Do you have any prepared?" Rarity asked.

"Actually, I was wondering if you could assist me with some outfits, Rarity." she requested.

Rarity smiled, "I would be more than happy too," she thought to herself, 'Especially for a chance to see Spike model.'

Photo held up a notepad to Rarity, "Do you have these types of outfits, in Spike's size?"

Rarity looked through the list and answered, "I do. I can have them all at your house whenever you want."

"Magnificent. Spike, vud you be so kind as to help me?" Photo pleaded.

Spike knowing how much this meant to Photo and didn't want to be responsible for her getting a failing grade in her project answered, "When should we meet?"

Photo smiled, "Give me an hour and a half to prepare. And when you come, we shall truly make de magiks!"

"Can we come to watch for moral support?" Fluttershy asked.

"Just so Spike doesn't feel nervous." Twilight put in.

Spike thought to himself, 'And having you all watching me play dress up won't make me nervous?'

"Of course," Photo answered, "Just so long as you don't cause too much distraction."

"We promise." Pinkie smiled.

"Wonderful. Now I go! Must prepare." she took off.

Rarity spoke, "I better go and get those outfits ready for her. I'll see you all at her place soon."

"Bye, Rarity." the said, as the fashionista left.

Rainbow nudged Spike, "Well, Spike. Looks like you're gonna be a model."

"You must be so excited." Pinkie guessed.

"Well, I wasn't expecting this today. But I don't exactly have other plans, so I'm not missing anything." Spike admitted.

"Plus, I can't wait to see you in whatever Photo has planned for you to wear." Pinkie added, as the girls agreed with her. Spike could help but chuckle to himself.


As time passed, Spike, Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy walked to Photo's place, where she and Rarity were waiting.

When they rang the doorbell, Photo Snaps answered it, "Hello, Ms. Snaps." Spike greeted her.

"Spike, girls. Welcome. Please come in." she showed them inside.

"Thank you." Twilight replied.

"Are Photo Finish and Rarity here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"They're downstairs finishing up." the mother answered.

"Well, come on, girls." Spike said, as the group headed downstairs.

Upon reaching the bottom, they saw the whole place was Photo's private studio. Multiple scenery backdrops were set up along with some lights. Off to the side were three moveable clothing racks containing many outfits and costumes on hangers. As Photo was checking her camera and Rarity was making sure all the costumes were in order, they saw Spike and the rest of the girls.

"Ah, right on time." Photo said in joy.

"Everything all set up?" Spike asked.

"Absolutely." Rarity confirmed.

"Now then, Spike, take this outfit and get changed behind that screen." Photo said, while handing him an outfit to change behind a nearby screen.

Spike took the outfit and went behind a screen. The girls watched as Spike's normal clothes were hung over the screen, and suddenly the boy stepped out dressed in a tuxedo, with a red dress shirt, and black neck tie.

"Wow, Spike, you look good." Twilight gasped.

"Very dashing." Rarity agreed.

"Yes. Now for the perfect backdrop." Photo said, as she set up a backdrop to looking like a wedding reception.

Spike stood in position, while Photo fixed his stance a bit before backing away and started taking a few pictures.

"This is done, now onto the next outfit." Photo said, as Spike was given another outfit to change into.

Next outfit he was wearing was a waiter's outfit. He stood before the backdrop of a cafe while holding onto a circular tray, while standing like a properly trained waiter.

"Looking good, Spike." Applejack said, as Photo Finish took some pictures of him.

His next outfit he wore was a man's one piece swimsuit colored blue. The backdrop was of a beach, while he down on one knee posing with a beach ball. Next outfit was him in a Navy Admiral's uniform in front of a backdrop of a ship. Pinkie did a mock salute to him. The next few outfits he wore was of a baseball player, football player, hockey player, basketball player, and soccer player all with backdrops of the respective sports field for each sports uniform.

Rainbow blushed at looking at Spike dressed in sports uniforms, while taking a few pictures of him with her phone. Spike saw what Rainbow was doing, but was in no position to stop her.

After Spike had a few pictures of him taken in a disco outfit while posing in front of a disco club backdrop, Photo spoke, "Excellent, Spike. You're doing a marvelous job."

"I'll say." Twilight agreed.

"Are we done here?" Spike asked, feeling a bit bored.

"Done? Ve're just getting started." Photo said in delight.

Spike rolled his eyes, "I was afraid of this." he said to himself.

And so the cosplay photoshoot continued. Spike was now dressed as a Gothic punk with all black clothes, with tears around the cuffs of his pants and sleeves of his shirt. To top it off he was given black makeup on his face, courtesy of Rarity. Spike posed while giving his best apathetic expression.

Pinkie spoke to the girls, "He looks just like Maud."

"No kidding." Rainbow replied, seeing how he was able to pull the facial expression off so well.

Next Spike was dressed as a heavy metal band member while posing with a guitar prop with the backdrop looking like a concert.

"Rock on!" Rainbow cheered for Spike, who smiled.

Next Spike was dressed in Japanese robes, while doing a traditional head bow, with a Japanese shrine back drop. The costume following was him dressed as a pirate captain with an eye patch over his right eye, and the backdrop was of a pirate ship. Next costume was a toga while the backdrop was a Colosseum. Next outfit he was dressed as a sheriff complete with a cowboy hat, boots with spurs, and chaps, with a Old Western town backdrop.

Applejack looked at Spike, and started blushing at how he looked in the cowboy costume and took her own picture with her cellphone. She thought to herself, 'Now he looks like a regular country folk.'

Spike was then dressed in a lab coat with a laboratory backdrop. Twilight looked at Spike in the lab coat and was feeling flustered, while taking a few pictures of him on her phone. She thought, 'I'd love it if Spike and I could spend a day in a lab going over all sorts of theory's.'

Next costume Spike wore was a full dog costume with purple fur and green ears, with the backdrop being a doghouse. When Fluttershy saw Spike in the costume, her whole face turned red, as she recalled her dream about Spike being a puppy looking exactly like the costume he was wearing. When Photo finished taking the pictures of him in that costume, Fluttershy ran from her sitting point and glomped the dog costumed boy.

"Fluttershy!" Spike gasped, at her sudden move.

"Spike, you're so cute!" Fluttershy squealed, while nuzzling with him.

Applejack and Rainbow went over to pull her off, "Come on, Fluttershy." Applejack began.

"Yeah, you're drooling." Rainbow added, as they finally pried her off Spike.

After Spike got out of Fluttershy's embrace he went to change into his next costume making him look like an Adventurer like Daring Do. The backdrop behind him was of a jungle. Rainbow started panting and fanning herself, while looking at Spike, "That's so awesome!" she said with a scrunched up face. She quickly took a picture of him with her own phone.

Spike's next costume was a Willy Wonka costume with the backdrop looking like a candy land. Pinkie took multiple pictures with her phone and salivated, "So good." she said dreamily.

His next costume was him dressed as a King with a crown, cape, and staff, while the backdrop for this costume was a royal throne. Rarity smiled and took her own pictures.

About two hours later Spike had worn just about every costume he was asked to wear. Needless to say he was worn out, and glad to be wearing his normal threads again. Photo after developing all her photos in the red room brought them out to show Spike and the girls.

"Spike, you definitely have de magiks!" Photo said with glee.

"Thanks." Spike answered.

"This one looks cool." Pinkie said, as she looked at a picture of Spike dressed as a hippie in front of a psychedelic backdrop.

"I think this one's better." Rainbow said, as she looked at a picture of Spike dressed as a professional wrestler with the backdrop of a wrestling ring behind him.

"This one's got them beat." Applejack held up a picture of Spike dressed as a bull fighter, with a red cape hanging over his arm. The backdrop looked like a bull fighter pen.

"I beg to differ, Applejack. I say this one's the best." Twilight showed them the picture of Spike dressed as a lawyer with a courtroom as the backdrop.

"Um, I like this one more." Fluttershy said, as she slid into view a picture of Spike dressed in a purple dragon costume, with the backdrop being the outside of a cave.

Spike looked at the picture and secretly smiled to himself, liking it as well. He thought to himself, 'Imagine me a dragon.' he laughed in his thoughts.

"Well, I for one value this one the most." Rarity showed them a picture of Spike dressed as a gondolier with the backdrop being a gondola on the waters of Venice Italy.

Photo Finish spoke up, "They're all magnificent works. Thank you everyone. I could not have done it without all of you. Especially you, Spike."

"You're welcome, Photo." The boy replied.

"Now, we just need to paste these pictures onto this mounting board, and it'll be complete." the photo girl explained.

"Can we help?" Twilight offered.

"Of course." Photo answered, as the group started laying out which spots on the board should each of the photos go.

Once they were all decided, the girls started gluing the pictures to their chosen spots on the board making sure they weren't too close to each other. When it was finished the board was a collage of Spike's photo shots.

"Yes! It is done!" Photo cheered.

"With a collage like this you're sure to get an A." Twilight said.

Photo smiled, "How about I treat you all to a bite to eat?" she offered.

"Really?" Spike asked, as the girls looked interested.

"Sure. It's the least I can do for you, after all you've done for me."

"Well, then let's go." Rainbow said, as she stood up followed by the others. So the group left the house to grab a bite to eat.


A few days later at Canterlot High, Spike went over to meet up with the girls. When he arrived, he saw his six friends and Photo Finish waiting on the steps of the school.

"Hey, girls." he greeted them.

"Hey, Spike." the group greeted, and they walked down the steps to the bottom.

"So what's up?" he asked, as Photo spoke up.

"Ve got our grades for our photo projects."

"And how'd you do?" Spike wondered.

Photo smiled, "I got an A!"

Spike was glad, "Really, that's great!"

"I know. Everyone loved my collage, and the teacher gives you an A for being such a perfect model." she added.

Spike chuckled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head. He was then taken by surprise, as Photo pulled him into an embrace, "Photo?" he asked.

Photo spoke, "Thank you so much, Spike. This A is just as much yours as it is mine." she pecked him on the cheek, making Spike blush, and the girls stare with their jaws opened.

"No problem." Spike replied.

Photo released Spike and headed off to join her fellow photography lovers. Spike looked and saw Twilight and the others giving him a scowl, "Girls?" he asked, not liking the look on their faces.

"You weren't thinking any perverted thoughts while Photo was hugging you were you?" Twilight asked with her hands on her hips.

"No, not at all!" Spike answered with a shake of his head.

"Don't you be lying to us, Spike." Applejack warned him.

"I'm not lying!" he pleaded.

"I think we should show him what happens to liars." Rainbow said mischievously.

"Get him!" Pinkie declared.

Spike let out a panicked scream and ran for it, while the girls ran after him. While Spike was running for his life not wanting to look back, he failed to see the girls were running after him with smiles on their faces, signaling they weren't really gonna do anything painful to him once they'd catch him. But they loved seeing him run in terror.