• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 21,230 Views, 836 Comments

The Girls of My Life - Wildcard25



Spike has known his six best friends since they were kids. Now that they're older their friendship will develop into something much more than what he expected.

  • ...
41
 836
 21,230

New Years Cruise

Author's Note:

And welcome to my final update in the year 2014. I'll see you all in 2015. Have a Happy New Year

It was the day before the new year, as Spike and the girls were each driving with their families over to Canterlot port, where a luxurious cruise ship was waiting. The cars pulled into a lot, as everyone got out and walked over to see Celestia and Luna waiting, "Good afternoon, everyone. We're so glad you made it." Celestia greeted everyone.

"What're we gonna miss out on the chance to ride on a cruise ship?" Geki asked rhetorically, as the adult men agreed with him.

"Oh, I'm so excited!" Pinkie beamed, as Applejack and Rainbow Dash kept her from jumping around.

"Well, come along we mustn't keep the captain waiting." Luna said, as they all went aboard the ship.

Once they reached on board they were greeted by the ships staff who took their coats. Celestia continued, "Now then, as our guests aboard the Solar Lunar Eclipse you have the freedom to check out all the activity rooms, buffet tables, and spa as long as you behave."

"Of course, Ms. Celestia." Twilight answered.

"A spa?" Rarity gasped in delight, "Oh, what a joy!" she fainted into Spike's arms, "Oh, thanks for catching me, Spike."

"Don't mention it." Spike smiled, as the other five watched in envy.

"Come on you guys, let' go check out the activity room!" Rainbow suggested, as Twilight and Spike looked at their parents.

"Can we go, mom?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, can we?" Spike asked his own mom.

"Ok, just remember to stay out of trouble." Elsa reminded them.

"We will." Applejack replied for the two, as the seven headed off with Shining, Cadence, Big Mac, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo following.

As the ship took off, Hondo Flanks turned to the two principals, "So, where do you two keep your wine on board this ship?"

"Yeah, I could use a good drink." Geki added.

"Follow us." Luna said, as she and her sister escorted the adults.


Later on in the activity room, the group were partaking in arcade games, or just relaxing. Spike was in the middle of a game of pinball with Shining and Big Mac encouraging him, Applejack and Rainbow were playing a game of pool with Applebloom and Scootaloo watching them, Fluttershy was playing whack a mole, but was petting the moles rather than whacking them, Rarity and Sweetie Belle were playing a driver's game, Pinkie was trying her luck at a claw machine and was actually winning everything, and Twilight and Cadence were lounging around having a drink from a vending machine.

"Yes! Yes! Almost there!" Spike called, as he continued to play pinball.

"Don't lose focus!" Shining said.

"You almost got it." Big Mac added.

"And..." Spike began, and cheered, "YES! High score!"

"You are the man, Spike!" Shining patted his shoulder.

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

Over by the pool table, Rainbow pocketed the eight ball in the corner pocket, and cheered, "Yes! Am I awesome or what?"

"You're so awesome!" Scootaloo cheered.

"I think 'what' is more like it." Applejack answered flatly.

The girls chuckled, until Twilight Velvet and Elsa entered, "Girls," Twilight's mom began, "The ladies and I are heading for the spa. Want to join us?"

Rarity spoke up quickly, "You don't even have to ask me! How about it girls?"

They each began giving answers of agreement, until Cadence turned to Shining, Spike, and Big Mac, "How about you, guys?"

Before Shining or Spike could answer, Big Mac spoke, "We're actually gonna hit the buffet."

Spike added, "What he said.

"Come on, guys." Shining said, as the three left the room.

"Well, come on, girls." Elsa said, as the girls headed for the spa room.


In the dining hall, Spike, Shining, and Big Mac had plates full of delicious food and drinks to go with them. They sat at a table, eating, and conversing, "Man, this stuff is good." Shining said, as he took a bite out of a burger.

"I hear ya, and what could be better than having delicious food on a cruise ship out at sea on New Years eve?" Spike asked the older boys.

"Absolutely nothing." Big Mac answered, as he took a swig of his drink.

"Well, nice to see you boys are enjoying yourselves." a voice spoke up, as the three saw Celestia and Luna.

"Hi, Ms. Celestia and Ms. Luna." Spike greeted them.

"How are the accommodations, boys?" Luna inquired.

"The best." Shining answered.

"Once again we're so glad to hear you could all join us for New Years eve." Celestia said.

"Like we'd miss out on an opportunity like this?" Spike asked rhetorically.

"Good point." Luna admitted.

Spike wondered, "Forgive me for being blunt about this, you two. But if you're able to afford a cabin up in the mountains or even a cruise ship like this, why do you work as principals?"

Shining was curious as well, "He's right. I'm surprised you two haven't retired or something."

"Retire, in the prime of our lives?" Celestia asked, and the two sisters laughed while the three boys smiled sheepishly.

Luna spoke, "Just because we're wealthy doesn't mean we have to automatically retire."

Celestia added, "That's right. We like to appreciate the smaller things in life. Like our jobs as principals."

"If we just retired at this time, we'd just end up turning lazy." Luna explained.

"Working as school principals do keep up active and it allows us to see all of the students who will one day grow up into fine young adults ready to face the world." Celestia finished.

Shining nodded, "I know what you mean. Once I'm done in college, I'll be ready to face that world."

"And so will I." Spike added.

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"Well, we'll catch you boys later," Celestia said, "Luna and I are going to join the rest of the girls at the spa."

"Well, have fun." Spike said, as the two left.

"So, guys, any plans for after New Years?" Shining asked.

"Well, come Spring we got the annual cider competition," Big Mac began, "Me and the fam are looking forward to that."

"How about you, Spike?" Shining asked.

"What don't I got planned? With your sisters and the others my schedule's always got something on the list." Spike answered.

"Well, no denying that." Big Mac nodded.

"Yeah, our sisters and the girls really love spending time with ya, Spike." Shining nudged him.

"I know. I'm just that popular." Spike said, as he rested his head on his hands.

Big Mac nodded, "Yeah. Sometimes whenever me and Applebloom ask A.J about how you two are doing, she'd brush it off and say it ain't our business. Sounds like she's got something to hide. Or do you, Spike?" he wondered.

"What, you don't know anything about privacy?" Spike asked, "If Applejack doesn't wanna tell you about us, then you should respect it."

"Ah do. But I also wanna make sure she's not getting hurt in that sense."

"Same goes for Twilight." Shining put in.

"Guys, guys," Spike calmed them, "I understand where you're coming from. I would never do anything to hurt either of them, plus in case you haven't realized it they are independent young women and are more than capable of taking care of themselves."

The two brothers looked at each other and knew Spike was right about them. Shining spoke up, "You're right. Guess sometimes we keep forgetting our sisters and even their friends are growing up."

"But that doesn't stop us from worrying about them." Big Mac said.

"You're entitled too." Spike admitted.

Shining smiled, as he held up his drink, "I say we give a toast to the girls, and to you Spike."

"I'll second that." Big Mac said, as he held his drink up. Spike smiled, as he picked his drink up, and the three clinked their drinks together before they took a swig of their beverages.


Meanwhile in the spa room, the adults and the younger girls were enjoying themselves with the pampering by the ship staff. The mom's were getting pedicures, manicures, and makeovers, Cadence was getting her hair done, and Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were on massage tables getting massages.

The six teen girls were inside a sauna with their bodies wrapped in towels. They sighed in relaxation, until Pinkie spoke up, "Feel that steam, girls?"

"Yeah, sweat sure does a body good." Rainbow stretched her arms up.

"I hear ya." Applejack agreed.

"This'll do wonders for my skin." Rarity relaxed.

"You know what would make this even better?" Pinkie asked.

"What's that?" Fluttershy wondered.

"If Spike were in here with us." the party girl answered.

The girls looked in agreement with her, but Twilight spoke up, "I don't think our families would approve of Spike joining us in the sauna together."

"She's right. They'd no doubt get ideas." Applejack added.

"But I get what ya mean, Pinks. Having Spike in here would make things all the more fun." Rainbow admitted.

"Don't worry, girls, we still got the whole night together." Twilight reminded them.

"I can't wait until it hits midnight, oh do I have something special in store for Spike." Rarity smiled.

"What're you planning?" Applejack asked, with a raised brow.

"Well, it's a customary tradition on New Years eve, when the clock hits midnight you give your special someone a new years kiss. So I will be Spike's first kiss for the new year."

The girls were shocked, until Pinkie spoke up, "Hey, what if I wanna be Spike's first kiss for the New Year?"

"Sorry, Pinkie, I called it." Rarity answered.

"Since when?" Applejack crossed her arms.

"Since now." Rarity replied.

"You can't just call it like that!" Rainbow spoke up.

"I can and I did." she answered smugly.

"But that wouldn't be fair to the rest of us." Twilight voiced her opinion.

"All's fair in love and war, girls," Rarity explained, "Besides, I'm sure Spike would want his first kiss with me the most."

"You don't know that for sure." Applejack argued.

"What she said." Pinkie agreed.

"Yeah. So I should be the first to kiss Spike." Rainbow said.

"Hey!" A.J and Pinkie cried, and soon enough each of the girls began arguing, while Fluttershy was getting nervous and tried to speak up.

"Uh, girls, could you, please. I just want to," she sighed and took a deep breath and let out a scream that sounded soft, but still managed to catch their attention. When she saw the girls looking at her she spoke, "Let's not end the new year fighting over who gets to kiss Spike. I mean, right?" she asked hopefully.

The girls looked at each other and knew Fluttershy was right. Rarity spoke, "I'm sorry, girls. I know I sounded greedy when I wanted to have Spike's first New Years kiss to myself."

"Well, we'd feel the same way as you if we tried to take it for ourselves as well." Applejack admitted.

"I wouldn't," Rainbow muttered, but didn't go unnoticed by the others who scowled at her, "I'm joking."

"Girls," Twilight began, "Who did say Spike only needs one new years kiss? I mean we can all get a kiss from him, right?"

Pinkie gasped, "Why didn't I think of that?!"

"That makes it all the more easier." Applejack noted.

"I'm sure Spike would love that." Fluttershy added.

"I know he will." Rainbow put in.

Rarity got a look look at herself and the others noticing they were starting to sweat too much, "Girls, I think we better get out of this room before we shrivel up."

"I didn't realize how how it was getting." Applejack suddenly realized.

"Guess our argument earlier got the place heated up some more." Twilight theorized.

"Well, let's go cool off." Rainbow said, as they got up and left the sauna.


Later on as it was approaching nighttime, the girls were wandering the ship, until they spotted their fathers in another room watching football on a big screen TV and cheering.

Twilight spoke up, "Dad?"

"Oh, hey, Twilight. How're you girls doing?"

"We're doing good. Listen do you know where Shining Armor, Spike, and Big Macintosh are?" she asked.

Geki answered, "Last I saw them, they were heading to the karaoke lounge."

"Thanks, Mr. Drake." Applejack said, as the girls walked on.

They looked at the ship map on the wall and followed the halls before reaching the karaoke lounge. They peeked inside and saw Spike, Shining, and Mac doing karaoke.

The three sang, "What is Love?!"

The girls decided to let them finish, and when the three finished their song. The girls walked in applauding.

"Very good, you guys." Twilight said.

"You three should be a boy band." Rainbow laughed.

The three felt embarrassed, until Spike spoke, "How long were you all there?"

"We came in awhile ago." Applejack answered.

"Well, why didn't any of you say anything?" Shining asked, feeling embarrassed.

"We wanted to see how it ended. Duh!" Pinkie replied, as the three boys rolled their eyes.

"So what's up?" Spike asked.

"It'll be dinner soon, and Ms. Celestia and Ms. Luna want us all present at the dining hall." Twilight explained.

"Sweet." Spike said in excitement.

"Then we better get going." Shining Armor said, as the group left the lounge.


Some time later, everyone was in the huge banquet hall at a large table enjoying dinner. Spike sat in between Twilight and Pinkie Pie, as Rarity sat opposite side of him. As they ate, Spike started feeling several shoes rub against his own.

He thought, 'Man, what I wouldn't give to be barefoot right now, and have them not wearing any footwear either.'

Elsa looked over and noticed her son blushing, "Spike, are you ok?"

Spike brought out of his thoughts answered, "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Well, your face is looking red. Are you getting a fever?" his mom wondered.

Spike realizing his face was red from thinking about the girls had to cover up, "No! I guess the food here is a bit spicy for me."

"Doesn't taste that spicy." Applebloom said, as she ate some more.

"Well, it does to me!" Spike cried, before resuming his meal so no one would look at his face.

The girls knowing Spike too well could tell why he was red in the face, but said nothing so not to further embarrass him. Especially in front of all their parents and his own.


When dinner was over, everyone walked out on deck and looked up at the night sky to see the moon and all the stars out.

"How much time we got left?" Applebloom asked.

Twilight checked her watch, "About three minutes."

"And then comes the new year." Applejack added.

"We've all had a lot of fun this year haven't we?" Spike asked.

"The best." Pinkie answered.

"Granted we had a bit of setbacks." Rainbow admitted.

"I know." Spike replied, as he recalled his amnesia incident.

"But we pulled through the hardest of times like we always did." Rarity reminded them.

"And I'm sure we always will." Fluttershy added.

Spike smiled, "Yeah."

Celestia announced, "Ten seconds everyone!"

And so everyone started counting down, "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..."

Suddenly fireworks lit up the sky from the port and elsewhere. Everyone announced, "Happy New year!" they announced.

Suddenly all of the teens parents kissed each other in honor of the new year. Cadence pulled Shining closer and kissed him as well, which he returned it. Spike smiled seeing so much love around, until the girls gathered around him.

"Spike, since all our parents are getting their new years kisses..." Twilight began.

Rarity continued, "We'd like to get ours too."

Rainbow smirked, and nudged him, "How about it, big guy?"

Spike couldn't help but smile, and answered, "Come here, girls."

And so each girl got their chance to kiss Spike, with Rarity calling first, followed by Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack, and finally Pinkie Pie.

Geki whipped out an unopened bottle of champagne, "Here you go, guys. Come and get it!" he popped the cork off, and began pouring it into some of the adults glass'.

Night Light called over to Spike and the girls, "Hey, how about you guys try some of this?"

The mothers were appalled as Twilight Velvet spoke up, "Night Light, we're not letting them drink this stuff when they're under age."

"Just a sip, sweetie. It's not gonna kill them." her husband replied.

"Besides it's a celebration." Geki voiced his thoughts, while Elsa rolled her eyes.

"Come on, you kids." Hondo beckoned.

Spike and the girls shrugged before each taking a glass with a little bot of champagne in it. Spike spoke to them, "Well, girls, bottoms up." all seven took a sip, only for their eyes to bulge and each looked away and spat it up. The adults, Shining Armor, and Cadence laughed at their reactions.

Spike gagged, "Ugh, my mouth feels like I just drank acid!"

"So bitter!" Pinkie cried, as she let her tongue hang out of her mouth.

"I need apple cider and fast!" Rainbow pleaded.

After the seven managed to wash the taste of champagne out of their mouths with apple cider. They continued to look up at the night sky getting lit up by fireworks.

"Welcome to the new year." Twilight told her friends.

"May it be a great one." Spike finished, as all seven stood side by side with their arms linked, and continued to watch the fireworks display.