• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 994 Views, 55 Comments

Kurai the Forsaken : Rise of The Abyss - Seth Typofather



Seven years have passed since Manus had reawakened and Kurai battled Nito. A new threat, a new hero.

  • ...
4
 55
 994

Chapter 7: Location

Author's Note:

I am so sorry for this late update.

“It’s a shame to see ye go, mate. But it was fun while it lasted I suppose.”

Both Smough and Ornstein held their payment, a satchel of bits each tied to their hips. It was difficult but worth it, now they can both continue on their journey to find Gwynevere. Bowing his head respectfully the slimmer one of the duo nudged his larger companion with an elbow, who in response nodded his head after having his attention from the satchel broken. “…It was a pleasure, but we must press forward…”

Blinking a few times the barkeeper looked over to Honey voice who shrugged, just now he realised that they did not argue the fact that they were talking to ponies. “Out of curiosity, mate. Are you not questionin’ that you are out of the ordinary around here compared to us?”

“…Thou hast buffalo in a land which I can assume is mostly populated by equines, knowing this, it is you who is out of the ordinary to us…” Replied Ornstein, gesturing for Smough to follow.

Honey Voice held out a hoof. “Wait, do you know where ya’ll even going?” She called out to them outside the saloon.

Staring at each other both knights thought about this for a second, they did not know where to go at all, and this land was foreign to them. Coming by this place was sheer luck. Rolling her eyes the local saloon singer trotted by a drawer behind the counter then brought out a rolled up map and held it out with a hoof which was then enclosed by Smough’s massive hand. “I can’t even open it.” He clumsily attempted to open it with his column like fingers, failing every time.

Snatching the scroll from his subordinate’s grip Ornstein used his far more nimble fingers to read the map closely, rather impressive and has a huge attention to detail. Especially the way it marks the major paths between towns, though judging by the train tracks in the nearby station it seemed trains were their primary source of cross country transport. If not their only. They could not use the train as it would draw too much attention to themselves plus Smough’s armour and sheer height would be a huge issue, so walking was a necessity unless they could make larger carriages. “…I thank thee, to ‘Canterlot’ it is after purchasing supplies around ‘Cherry Jubilee’s’ cherry farm…”

“You do know we have to walk through that town that we were nearby in the forest?” Pointed out Smough, his column of a finger placed on ‘Ponyville’.

“…No, this large forest should be a good hiding spot. We stop at this castle marked here,” Pointing to an overhead artists interpretation of a run down castle. “rest and then continue non stop…”

“And if we find any beasts?” Smough asked, clearly excited as he readied his hammer.

As a reply Ornstein stabbed a nearby boulder in the ground with his spear, cleanly impaling the stone and lifting it with minimal effort with no cracks appearing on it. Flicking his spear all the eyes nearby followed it with wonder before Smough shot into the sky, leaving a great crater from the force of his legs. Forcing his hammer down onto the boulder it was caught in his momentum under the hammer, upon landing a colossal shockwave of dust and pieces of rock from the unfortunate boulder covered the area.

The dust was cleared after some effort from the locals fanning it away, the duo were gone with an even more larger crater replacing where they stood. “This can’t be good for business.” Blinked Honey Voice, turning to see Silverstar staring with wide eyes at the crater.

“How the hay am I s’posed to clean THIS up?!”

——————

Standing parallel to a tree the younger sister of the Apple sisters raised her hind legs, fully focussed. Taking slow and deep breaths she locked her spot on the the tree that would drop more apples from it’s branches. Forcing her hind legs back Apple Bloom’s hooves made contact with the oak, causing the entire base to shake with a hail of apples landing in the barrels below. Taking a moment to breath the amber eyed mare trotted over to the barrels to inspect them, picking out a few apples overflowing to place them into barrels with less of the delicious red fruit.

“Need any help DT?” She called out to Diamond Tiara who thankfully to her dad’s insistence she knows what it’s like to work on a farm in order to take on the family business of sales. Needless to say this gave the recently spoiled bully and brat a newfound respect for how hard they worked which resulted in her family’s fortune.

“N-No, I got this!” She replied in a strained voice while trying to pull a wagon of apple stuffed barrels.

Shrugging it off Apple Bloom continued to buck the trees in hopes she can meet her daily quota in time to meet a friend she made six years ago. The sound of a a scream emanated through to the orchard, definitely Tiara’s. Rolling her eyes the farm pony grumbled, wiping sweat off her brow. “What is it now? Another bug? I swear DT you better have a broken horseshoe to have an excuse for this!” Galloping towards the scream Apple Bloom held her head low in a disgruntled half lidded glare at whatever the trouble was.

“Ghost! It’s a ghost!” She squealed, running in a pink blur which was promptly stopped by a foreleg from the Apple Bloom.

“Ghost? Really?”

“Yes! It’s in the barn!” She forced her way past Apple Bloom and hid behind a tree, trembling like a frightened kitten.

Flattening her brow with a low growl she stomped to the barn, her Stetson hat which was a gift from Applejack that also adorned her signature pink bow around the top hung low and over her eyes. Kicking the barn open she continued her miniature rampage. “Nito, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop scaring Diamond Tiara, I know she can be insufferable at times but she’s trying, ok?”

A small light shone on the roof which floated down, sparking sarcastically.

“Don’t you take that tone with me, bony.” Apple Bloom glared, staring down at the soul. “I’m tired and I was hoping to to do some stuff with you in town with Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell when I was done. But now I’m having second thoughts if you’re gonna be like this.”

The soul of Nito sparked sarcastically again, the small trails of light spinning as if the soul just turned his back on her.

After dealing with Nito’s soul for a while she had grown accustomed to the sparks and vaguely understood him. “How dare you,” She gripped Nito’s with both her hooves and slammed him to the floor. “Take that tone with me again on this matter and I will put you back in the box.” Apple Bloom threatened, causing the soul to recoil in horror and spark frantically. “Good, now stay quiet and stay low until I come back.” She trotted towards the barn exit, turning to give a suspicious glare at Nito who simply floated there with an angry spark. Rolling her eyes she closed the barn doors.

“Fsshh, crrk. (Keep rolling those eyes, you might find a brain in there.)” He snidely remarked before remembering what his head was like. “…Fsh… (…Damn…)”

——————

Too heavy to take a royal carriage and teleportation spells would not work on him, looks like Artorias has to walk with the two royal sisters after a long train ride. Canterlot looked bigger than he imagined, not as big as Anor Londo yet it seemed to have it’s own feel of a grand size. His arm felt better, whatever medicine they used it did a job almost on the same level as estus flasks from what he knows about humans, considering he was never able to use them on the grounds he was not human.

“What is this beastly thing roaming with the royal sisters of all ponies?” A unicorn scoffed, her head held high with a high pitched snort to match her snooty tone.

“Perhaps a new guard?” Replied another, eyeing Artorias with a judging glare.

A loud clang replaced the growing whispers, a stone had been thrown at his head that ricocheted off the top of his helmet. Stopping in place the Abysswalker turned his head slowly to the perpetrator as the princesses froze in fear of what he would do, if they could not hold him back with magic what chance did they have with his physical ability?

The blue cowl of his wolf shaped helmet obscured his face, leaving a void to which the unicorns of Canterlot stared into all the while hoping he did not pick them out. His icy cold stare halted and he once again continued walking forth to the palace as the sisters gave a sigh of relief, Luna giving a glare to the culprit before tagging along.

“Veteran Vanguard again?” Celestia asked as her younger alicorn sister caught up.

Nodding she sighed. “Indeed, but who can blame him? He had to deal with the horrors of the Changeling war alongside others, in fact, he was the one captured and tortured. Makes it really hard for him to trust new creatures.”

“Poor fellow, I hope he finds a way to deal with his judgment.”

Nodding in agreement Luna paused to stare at a window in a shop, her eyes sparkling with delight. “Oh sweet me! Is this…?” She pressed her face against the window as unicorns and her face hoofing older sister watched on.

“Luna!” Celestia sternly called out. “We’ll reserve it and have it delivered to you later, first we need to introduce Artorias to everypony else.”

“Fine…” Huffed the Princess of the Night, following them once more with a grumpy pout.

“Siblings.” Chuckled Celestia to Artorias who gave no reply. “So you speak only when necessary don’t you? That reminds me of a certain guard of mine.” No reply again. “Are you okay?”

He nodded slowly.

“Ok, well I would like you to meet a few special friends of mine. Two of them having known about Kurai.”

Tilting his head towards her Artorias seemed confused. “Who is this Kurai?”

“Oooh… you don’t know his name. I’ll explain everything when we rest a while.” Smiled the Princess of the Sun trotting up the steps towards the main entrance.