• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 1,219 Views, 88 Comments

A Battleground of Kindness - StormDancer



Demons are not notoriously cheerful, happy, bubbly, or even remotely nice. Ponies are not notoriously cruel, mean, callous, or evil as a rule. So when Gakham, an imp from another realm is unexpectedly banished, what he finds is... hell.

  • ...
3
 88
 1,219

Obligations

Author's Note:

Oh, we all enjoy our little flights of fancy.
We all enjoy our tangled musings.
We all, at one point or another, question the outcome of odd pairings.
And we all, eventually, come to know the utter glory....
...of a facepalm.

What if Twilight Sparkle summoned an imp?
Dangerous little buggers, yes, but what would the imp think of its new master?
Let's find out.

There is nothing like the warm fuzzy feeling of being home on a cold autumn evening, propping your feet up on a comfy cushion and laying back in an overstuffed lounger while leisurely thumbing through a well loved book while the soft popping of hardwoods plays accompaniment to the spicy sweetness of a smooth liquor.

Well, except maybe for finding that schmo, knocking him out, gluing him to the chair and setting his house on fire only to throw some smelling salts in once the floorboards ignite.

Yheah... good times.

But, my enjoyment isn't really what you're here for. Yheah, I know that. I'm smart like that. I can read minds!

It's part of the job you know. Figuring out what people want and making sure they get it at any cost. 'Cuz at the end of the day, I'm still going to jump on the tab and leave some other mark with the bill. But in the meantime, well, I'm everyone's best buddy.

I'm your pal!

Your partner!

Your very very best friend!

You know what they say... friends will stick up for you, best friends will lead a stickup for you, and very best friends will help hide the bodies?

Yheah... I'm at least one more 'very.'

Like, seriously.... murder? Pffft. Childsplay. I'm all over that.

I, after all, am an imp... and until very recently, I was the sole minion of one, very accommodating, undead who just happened to be tangentially involved with an ongoing conflict between two warring factions.

I say 'was' because, while engaged, I had the misfortune of encountering a senior warlock on the field of battle...

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Suffice it to say that my brief adventure was, strictly speaking, not in my contract.