• Published 11th Aug 2014
  • 7,654 Views, 145 Comments

A Blind Delight - MajorFrostwing



Say hello to Trevor your run of the mill blind man. Transported into Equestria via an accident. How will he survive let alone fit in?

  • ...
42
 145
 7,654

EXTRA 1: The Lose of Gregory Garris

A Blind Delight
Extra 1: The Lose of Gregory Garris

By: Major Frostwing

For this tale we have to go back many years to when Trevor had recently turned three. He was a happy boy not a care in the world with two loving parents. Maria Garris Trevor's mother and Gregory Garris Trevor's father. It was a dark day for Trevor but we shall begin when the day began.

Trevor was awoken by his father. "Come now Trevor it's time to wake up." Trevor rolled over to see his dad smiling at him he returned the smile.

"Ok Daddy." Trevor said in a rather chipper tone for just being woken up. "What have we got planned for the day?" Trevor asked getting out of bed.

"Well I was going to go to work today." Trevor frowned at the thought of having to go to school today. "But I think we can go goof off for today." Gregory said said with a sly smile. Trevor smile returned even brighter than before.

"Yay!" Trevor cheer jumping up hugging his father.

"Lets go to the amusement park we can play all kinds of games and ride some rides." Trevor let out another cheer as Gregory lifted him up hugging him back. Gregory carried his son downstairs to see his wife preparing breakfast. "Hey honey me and Trevor are going to the amusement park." He said casually taking his seat at the table.

"But doesn't Trevor have school today? Don't you have work today as well?" Maria whispered pointing a spatula at Gregory. He smiled sheepishly.

"I already called both of us off. I don't spend enough time with him so I want to have a good day with my son." Gregory said as Trevor patted his hands on the table smiling. Maria sighed in defeat but then smiled.

"Be safe today and have fun." She said going back to making breakfast. Trevor then noticed the silvery chain hanging out of his father's pocket.

"Daddy what is this?" Trevor asked pulling on the chain. Gregory chuckled pulling out the old silver pocket watch out of his pocket.

"This old thing?" Gregory showed his son the pocket watch to his son the face had the head of a fox engraved on it. "My great grandfather bought this when he was just a boy and gave it to his son when he was ready to receive it." Gregory smiled fondly at the old watch. "It is a Garris family treasure." Trevor took hold of the pocket watch opening it watching the second hand move around.

"Can I have it now?" Trevor asked looking to his father.

"I'll tell you what. When you turn 21 I will give this to you." Trevor looked down sad but then smiled.

"You promise Daddy?" Gregory ruffled up his son's hair.

"Without a doubt son." Gregory laughed with his son as he returned the watch to his pocket as Maria set their food in front of them.

------------------------------------------------

Trevor got in his father's car it was a Gregory's old car but he loved it. Trevor buckled up as did his father. "Ready to go?" Gregory asked Trevor who gave him a toothy grin. "Then let's go have a fun filled day." Gregory threw the car in reverse exiting out of the drive way making his way to the amusement park.

"So what are we gonna do first?" Trevor asked practically bouncing in his seat he was so happy he got to spend time with his dad. Gregory chuckled smiling.

"Let's hit the arcade first and play some video games." Trevor gave out a cheer as they made their way down the road. Gregory turned up the radio when a good song came on. "Good tune." Gregory said with a nod. The song was Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

"Good Tune." Trevor repeated with a smile. Gregory began to sing the words with Trevor just humming along to the song.

-A Few Blocks Down The Road-

"GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!" A masked man yelled to three other men.

The men jumped into their get away vehicle. It was a Ford F-150 the men threw their bags into the back. "JUST DRIVE! GO!" The masked drive slammed his foot down on the gas taking off down the road. They blew through red lights dodging and weaving through traffic at break neck speed.

A new song began to play on the radio which Trevor and Gregory began to bob their heads to the beat smiling. Gregory heard sirens in the distance but they sounded distant nothing to be concerned about. "I love you Daddy." Trevor said looking to his dad who smiled to him.

"I love you too son." Gregory saw the light in front of him turn green as he began to move forward.

It all happened to fast for Trevor to process what had happened just a loud screech and then a bang. Everything went black for Trevor and later he would realize that it would be permanent.

The truck had hit their car so hard it flung it into the air slightly as it tumbled on the ground rolling over. The impact had hit Gregory's side and from what the autopsy said he was killed instantly his neck was snapped from the whiplash. Trevor on the other had survived on pure luck his head hit the car door knocking him out. When the vehicle was done with it's rolling it was stopped upside down. Part of the floor board was ripped open along with a few of the fluid lines. A mixture of rust, gasoline, transmission fluid, and oil leaked into the opening draining upon Trevor's face. The liquid roused him from his unconscious state enough that he opened his eyes just enough that the mixture entered his eyes before he succumbed to unconsciousness. The damage was done that would set him on his path in life.

------------------------------------------

-One Week Later-

Trevor awoke slowly to darkness around him he heard a light beeping sound which made him look around the room to try and find where it came from. "Daddy?" Trevor called out weakly his eyes hurt he reached up trying to rub them but one of his arms was restricted while the other touched the bandages covering his eyes. "Daddy where are you? My eyes hurt." He said as he felt tears welling up which only made his eyes hurt even more. "Mommy? Daddy? Where am I?" He called out as a nurse entered the room seeing Trevor awake.

"DOCTOR!" The nurse called as Trevor tried to remove his bandages. She walked over to Trevor briskly stopping him from removing his bandages. "Honey please stop you need to keep the bandages on." She said trying to calm him down but Trevor tried to fight back against her.

"MOMMY DADDY HELP ME!" Trevor called out trying to remove the Nurses hands from him. "MOMMY DADDY!" Trevor called again as the doctor enter the room trying to calm Trevor down. That's when Maria entered the room seeing her son trying to fight off the doctors.

"Trevor calm down please they are trying to help you." Maria said moving to Trevor's side rather quickly. Trevor slowly calmed down as Maria petted his head giving gentle shushes. Trevor finally lost all control over his emotions.

"Mommy where is Daddy?" He asked crying he didn't know what was going on and it scared him. The room became silent except for the heart rate monitor that continued it's one note song.

"He's gone Trevor." Maria whispered but Trevor didn't know what she meant he was to young death wasn't a thing in his mind.

"When will he be back Mommy?" Trevor asked a child's naive mind is a saddening thing. Maria began to cry gently squeezing her son's hand.

"He isn't coming back Trevor he is gone and is never coming back." Trevor let out a short laugh.

"Daddy will come back Mommy. He always comes back." Trevor was catching on to the mood. "Daddy will come back and we will go to the amusement park and have fun like we planned." Maria cried unable to tell her son the truth about his father. The doctor lead Maria out of the room to try and help her compose herself.

"I'm sorry sweetie but we couldn't help your Father." The nurse said solemnly as Trevor was at a lost for words.

"What happened to my Daddy?" He asked almost begging them to tell him. "WHERE IS MY DADDY!?" He yelled the fear returning to him.

"I'm sorry honey but he has passed on." The nurse stood up walking to Trevor's IV injecting a light sedative into it. Trevor just sat there his world was broken.

Trevor sat there in bed the drugs took effect rather quickly but to Trevor it took forever for him to fall asleep. Trevor was just told he would never see his father again which essentially killed him in it's own way. When Trevor was told a day later that he would never again be able to see he didn't care. All that mattered was that his father was dead not being able to see the world again didn't seem to phase him until the shock of the entire accident set in. Trevor was released from the hospital two weeks later with a brand new blind man's cane. Trevor's outlook on life changed when his father was taken from him so suddenly he didn't make new friends and the ones he had, had abandoned him saying he was the weird kid. Trevor lost everything in such a short amount of time and learn at to early of an age the world is dark and cruel. That isn't to say this experience changed him for the worse for he found something to make his world seem a little more bright.

It was the day Trevor met a man. A man who taught Trevor everything he knew about swordsmanship. A man that Trevor would soon call his master.

Author's Note:

The long back story about Trevor's tragic lose of his eyesight and the death of his father. I had a hard time writing this trying to avoid cliche after cliche but some had to be used because I saw that it fit in very well. Anyway the next EXTRA to be posted we will get to meet the man who taught Trevor everything he knows about sword fighting. The man simply known as Master.