• Published 25th Aug 2014
  • 4,019 Views, 458 Comments

A New World, A New Conflict - Evowizard25



Generally, being stranded in a new world would effect most creatures. Not, General Sev. For him, it's a new staging ground for his army...Now if only he could find them and figure out what to do.

  • ...
20
 458
 4,019

PreviousChapters Next
A Fight in the Streets and a Hunter's new prey (Day 1)

King Trotankhamun didn’t usually let Ahmos get to him. He really didn’t. Ahmos had always been a no nonsense, self-centered stallion stuck in the old ways, even when he was a toddler. The king could recall each and every visit by foreigners. Ahmos would always scowl and debase and ideals or concepts that came out of their mouths. He hated their very presence in this country.

He wasn’t the only one. Trotankhamun had to deal with tons of his subjects who thought the same. That Zebrica should stay to itself and forgo the outside world. The young king had to fight tooth and hoof each and every day to keep the nation open to outsiders. He thought it would become easier. It had, in some ways. King Trotankhamun had invited several teachers, artists, philosophers from across the world to his fair country. Many of whom still lay in his capital, keeping an eye on the capital in his stead.

Still, Chrysalis was a topic that the young king didn’t like to be touched upon in such a way. He knew Ahmos was wrong about her. She cared for him. It was in his gut and his father had always told him to trust that sense. Even when it turns out to be wrong, you at least tried. That’s what he always told him and he was going to do just that.

The town of Bridleton did help his mood. It always made him happy, this town. It was peaceful, calm and without any of the negativity or political nonsense that plagued the rest of his fair country. It was just so diverse in cultures and ideas. He loved the people that lived here and he did his darndest to make sure they had a happy life. The Pokémon were certainly a lively bunch. They were just so different and unique, not to mention friendly for the most part.

One in particular caught his eye. It was a purple cat like creature with a gem on its forehead and two tails. Oh yes, it was a beautiful creature and the king pondered acquiring one. Yet, that wasn’t the most appealing thing about it. Several zebra mares had gathered around it, gushing over its beauty. The creature seemed pleased by the praise and allowed them to pet it. Trotankhamun wanted to go over to the group, but he needed to visit Crusty first.

‘Duty before pleasure.’

Though, some of the Pokémon were a tad unnerving. Such as the crow like beasts that looked like they wore hats. They seemed to be glaring at everyone as they perched on the rooftops. They weren’t threatening at all really. It’s just unnerving seeing so many doing it at the same time, the king thought to himself.

So I the end ignored them. It didn’t take me long to find Crusty’s shop and I was a bit surprised to find a few of my own militia placed around it. ‘They must have known I would come here eventually.’

I sighed. It was one thing to deal with the local pony militia of the town, it was another to deal with my own. At least with the Equestrians, they treated him more as an equal if anything. His own soldiers almost viewed him as a god, like Celestia herself. It was annoying and he preferred it if they weren’t there, but he wouldn’t say anything.

He was just glad they didn’t stop him from entering the shop, though a couple tagged along with him. His jaw fell open the moment he got inside. The shop was in shambles. Everything was torn off the walls and thrown about. It looked like a storm had brewed itself up inside. Trotankhamun was about to call out to Crusty, when he heard the sound of some metal being thrown about.

Out from the side of the counter, walked what could only be described as a mushroom lizard. It wore a blue uniform, similar to the other Pokémon that he had been talking to. ‘Possible ally.’

Within its red claws, was one of Crusty’s old swords. It seemed to inspect it closely, running its claws over the metal like it was the most precious thing in the world…then it stuffed the sword into a large sack with a greedy chuckle.

King Trotankhamun snorted in disgust. Theft was not something he condoned, but he wore the uniform of Commander Sev. Surely, the king reasoned, he wouldn’t lower himself to such a standard as to steal. “Now see here, Pokémon. You may be new to my country, but we do not steal other creature’s property.”

The Pokémon froze up, just now realizing the king and his soldiers were there. He looked at them in fear and gulped. Putting on a fake smile, while sweating, the Pokémon held up his claws. “Bre Breloom.”

“What?” The king had not understood a word he said. “Speak clearly.”

“Loom, loom, breloom.” The Pokémon said in earnest.

“I can’t understand you,” Trotankhamun sighed in frustration.

“Bre?” The Pokémon looked rather surprised.

‘Why can’t I understand it?’ King Trotankhamun thought to himself. ‘I could understand a talking jackal dog, a giant snake, and a doll, but a mushroom lizard?....Why is this day getting stranger and stranger?’

The Pokémon seemed to be in thought himself, before he shrugged and put the sack over his shoulder. He started for the door.
The two soldiers that had come in with the king jumped in front of the Pokémon. “Halt.” They said, pointing their spears at him.

The Pokémon squeaked in fright, jumping backwards. “Breloom.” It started shaking his body, releasing a cloud of spores. The spores shot forward, surrounding the two guards. Spasming, the two guards fell to the ground, unable to move. With a quick bit of agility, the Pokémon rushed outside with the sack in its claws.

Without a second thought, King Trotankhamun chased after it. “THIEF! SIEZE HIM!”

The other guards heard the shout and tried their best, but the creature was too swift. It dodged their strikes and attempts to body check it. It kept squealing in terror, shouting what could only be heard as desperate pleas in its language.
_____________________________________________________________________________

General Ag wasn’t having a good day. Ever since she woke up from her induced slumber, she had been wandering around this strange new town filled with even stranger Blitzles and Ponyta. Oh yes, this wasn’t the weirdest day she’s ever had, but it was up there. It really goes to show how strange working under Commander Sev can be at times.

Like that one time he wanted to build a giant death ray. Or the time he wanted to fill a town’s reservoir with dynamite. Neither of them had…produced any results. Well any results that had harmed the humans. His own troops on the other hand….

Ag sighed. “This is all Commander Sev’s fault.”

She wouldn’t call him out on it. That would be pointless. He would just either divert the blame to one of his subordinates or the humans, usually the humans. All the while, he would jabber on and on about nonsense, making her head hurt. Maybe she would punch him to get the blood flowing to his brain.

‘Fun idea.’

Her little fantasy was interrupted when a certain Breloom ran face first into her. Falling on his rump, Ag looked down to see General Loom. “Loom, watch where you’re going.”

Loom gulped. “I am. It’s just those new Pokémon are chasing me…for no good reason I might add. I’m completely innocent of anything they charge me of.”

Spying the sack bulging with metal items, Ag sighed. “You stole some of their weapons, didn’t you?”

“I never steal,” Loom harrumphed. “I only acquired them to further our science department. I mean, you have not seen metal workmanship like this anywhere else. It’s simply marvelous.”

“Seriously Loom,” Ag pinched the bridge of her snout. “You’re going to get yourself in deep trouble one of these days.”

“Trouble cannot stand in the way of science,” Loom rolled his eyes.

“STOP! THIEF!”

Loom screeched in terror and hid behind Ag. “SAVE ME!”

Ag groaned. “Again?...Fine.” Looking over at the group of would be attackers, she noticed they were garbed in rather strange uniforms, but at least she could recognize the leader. That’s all that mattered.

“Move aside,” the young leader said. “We have business with that thief.”

“First of all,” General Ag held up a claw. “No one tells me what to do, except the Commander. Second, Loom is a bit of an idiot, so please excuse his piracy.”

“HEY!” Loom thumped against her back to no effect.

Ag ignored him. “So if you would stop pointing those spears at me now, I might not shove them up your rears. You got that?”

“Oh come on,” the leader grunted. “Why can’t I understand you either?”

Ag lifted up a metallic eyebrow. “You can’t speak Pokemon, can you?”

“Yep,” Loom answered. “Surprised me too. Had to make a run for it, before they speared me.”

“Was that after or before they caught you stealing?” Ag asked.

“I collect things,” Loom squawked in anger. “Never steal. I’m just glad I could convince those two Zigzagoon to distract that large dog that was here earlier. Then I’d really be in trouble.”

Ag was silent for a moment, before she turned around. She glared down at him, causing him to cower. “You put Zig and Zag in harm’s way just for a few swords.”

“But they are so unique….” Loom gulped. “I had to study them and it’s not like those two aren’t swift.”

Ag growled, barely noticing the sound of something charging at her.

“Oh great, it’s back!” The leader Blitzle shouted.

Noticing the danger, Ag quickly turned to the incoming Rhyhorn by the sides of his head.

“FUCK YOU!” The Rhyhorn shouted, trying and failing to force her back.

“Back at you,” Ag used her impressive strength to throw the rock Pokémon to the ground. “METAL CLAW!” She slashed across his face, causing him to cry out in pain. “That should show you what happens when you mess with me.”

“OW, YOU BITCH!” The Rhyhorn hollered. “WHY DOES EVERY FUCKING POKEMON SLASH ME ON THE FUCKING FACE!”

“Well, maybe it’s because you keep charging at pokemon,” Ag huffed. “Did you think of that, rocks for brains?”

The leader Blitzle sighed and walked over to the Rhyhorn. “We seriously need to tie that thing up.”

Before anyone could do anything, another pokemon came running around the corner, throwing guardsponies around. It was basically a living purple pillar of rock with four legs and red spike jutting out of it. “WHERE IS HE?!!”

“JENNA!” The Rhyhorn hollered, a little surprised as well as everyone else.

“JACK?!!” The Gigalith said. “YOU’RE A FUCKING RHYHORN!”

“I FUCKING KNOW, YOU BITCH!” The Rhyhorn screamed. “JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POUND THEM INTO THE SHITTING GROUND!”

“DON”T FUCKING YELL AT ME!” The Gigalith shouted back. “I’M GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY!”

“Is there something I’m missing?” Ag asked out loud. “Because I’m just lost at this point.”

“Don’t ask me,” Loom said.

Ag sent the exotic pokemon leader a questioning gaze.

“I don’t understand a word you say, but I’m just going to say we both have no idea what’s happening,” he said honestly. “Names, King Trotankhamun by the way.”

“Ag.”

“Well Ag,” the king said as the Gigalith punted on of his guards. “I think I’d appreciate a little help.”

Ag nodded. It would be a good workout. With a firm punch, she knocked the Rhyhorn’s daylights out.

“SMACK DOWN!” The Gigalith shouted, firing a large fiery orb at her.

“Iron Defense,” Ag started to glow briefly, feeling her already hardened shell grow stronger. She knew that the orb wouldn’t do much damage to her anyway, given her type advantage, but it didn’t hurt. The orb just exploded on impact, doing nothing. "First off, why use an attack that's weak against my type. If you want to pound me into the ground, use something more effective."

The Gigalith growled. “HEADBUTT!” With that, the Pokémon charged head first, ignoring the spears the just pinged off her.

“IRON HEAD!” Ag’s head grew with a bright light and she charged head first herself.

The two attacks collided and it didn’t take long for the Gigalith to be sent flying backwards. She was able to right herself, but she was visibly shaking. “IS THAT FUCKING IT, PUSSYFACE?!!"

"It might as well be," Ag growled. She couldn't help but try and help the Gigalith's form, given her own role as trainer of the army. "That was pathetic, charging at me like that. There were so many ways I could have avoided that attack. If you're going to headbutt someone, you have to do it when the time is right,"

"HEADBUTT!” Jenna shouted, obviously ignoring her.

“Idiot,” Ag rolled her eyes. “DRAGON RUSH!” Around her body, a blue dragon like blaze formed. With a chuckle, she went to meet the Gigalith again. Like last time, the Gigalith was sent flying across the street. Thankfully, it wasn’t sent into any buildings.

“You know,” King Trotankhamun sighed. “It’s kind of boring just watching the fight.” He spied Loom trying to sneak off. Quickly, he grabbed a spear that had landed beside him and put it against his neck. “Don’t even think about it.”

General Loom whimpered in fear.

Meanwhile, Ag stomped over until she was right over the downed Gigalith. “Give up.”

“NEVER,” Jenna, the Gigalith, shouted back.

“I like your spirit,” Ag said. “I could use a girl like you in my army.”

“FUCK YOU!” Jenna dug a leg into the ground. “MUD SLAP!”

Ag hollered in pain as the mud slapped against her. She took a step back, clutching the area the attack had hit, which was around her face and neck. It was times like this that she just wondered why she was so weak to that attack and the irony of it. Growling in anger, she punched the Gigalith hard against the face, knocking her out.

Ag sighed and wiped away the mud. “Well, that was a bit too short for my liking.”
__________________________________________________________________________
*meanwhile, out in a small forest between two large dunes*

Zebrica is filled to the brim with creatures, both small and large. Herbivores and other such prey animals were abundant, so it was only natural that hunters would be too. They were all different in how they hunted. Death waited at every nook and cranny in the fair country.

Yet, one lone bull elephant drank without a care in the world. Its trunk sunk into the lake’s surface, taking water up and into its mouth. It was one of the largest creatures in the land and it didn’t need to fear much. Possibly the rare dragon, but Zebrica hadn’t had any trouble with their kind in centuries. No, he was safe.

Or so he thought.

For one of Zebrica’s greatest hunters stalked it at this very moment: Crowland Tempo.

He was a typical griffin of these lands: cheetah like body with a secretary bird like head. He was lithe and fast, able to outrun any creature he needed to hunt. He didn’t hunt for food, no, he hunted for sport. Thus he carried with him a new invention: a multi-shot crossbow. Each ‘cartridge’ had ten shots. You just had to pull back the handle on the side and it would pull back the string and bring up another arrow.

Now, a crossbow normally wouldn’t do much against an elephant, but these were special arrows. Each one was coated in the most deadly poisons known to the world. He had several type of arrows: Ones that combusted, exploded, or even were designed to drill into their target. No, he wouldn’t use those. He needed something to replace his old elephant skull which was broken by some drunk teens.

The aging griffin sighed. Retirement was looking more and more promising. ‘Hunting just isn’t the same anymore. I think I’ve killed just about one of everything.’

Of course, he hadn’t killed a dragon…yet. That wouldn’t be much of a problem, given that his arrows were made from the same thing that made up ‘Black Arrows’. Of course, his small crossbow wouldn’t do, but that didn’t matter.

He was currently hiding expertly within a select few bushes. His was lying on his stomach, spying the elephant’s head through the scope on the crossbow. “Just stay still. It will only hurt for a second.” His finger tightened on the trigger.

But his chance to fire never came. With a loud roar, a large red, two legged reptilian surged from the tree line. Before the elephant could turn around, it sunk its teeth into its neck and thrashed it about. Given its size, it was able to pin the bull with ease. Its massive jaws could be heard breaking the bull’s neck bones.

Crowland was taken aback by the ferocious creature. With its golden horns above its eyes and white tuffs, it looked absolutely regal. His mouth hung open as the last bit of life seeped out from the bull elephant.

With its prey dead, the creature roared in triumph. Turning back to the forest, it sent out several roars that kind of sounded like words of some kind. In no time, another one of the creatures emerged. Running around its feet, were two smaller brown versions of the monstrosities.

The little brown creatures, obviously children of the larger ones, ran up and started to dig in. The one that escorted the little ones, nuzzled the killer under its chin. They both growled in contentment.

Crowland knew he wasn’t going to bag anything this day. Not without alerting these new predators. “You win.”

‘But tomorrow,’ he grinned. ‘Maybe that will be another story.’

It had been too long since he had an interesting hunt. Now, it was as if the gods themselves had answered his silent prayers. He wasn’t going to abandon this chance for anything. Picking up his crossbow, he slunk back into the forest, careful not to arise attention. He needed to adjust his weapons for the coming hunt.

Author's Note:

Another chapter up and running. We're getting near to the end of the first day.

I hope you all enjoyed it and please leave a comment.

PreviousChapters Next