• Published 25th Aug 2014
  • 4,015 Views, 458 Comments

A New World, A New Conflict - Evowizard25



Generally, being stranded in a new world would effect most creatures. Not, General Sev. For him, it's a new staging ground for his army...Now if only he could find them and figure out what to do.

  • ...
20
 458
 4,015

PreviousChapters Next
YOU'VE DONE WHAT?!! (Day 5)

Rio sighed in both anger and resignation. He felt useless now. He never felt useless. He was a general of the PLA. He was a key leading figure in their organization and he couldn’t find his commander’s little sister. He hated this. His soldiers and family had scoured every single inch of Cairo and none of them had turned up anything. Not a shred of proof of where Lia could have gone or what happened. They didn’t even have an inkling about who could have done it. Not even with the local zebra army were they able to find a lick of intel on the little Kirlia.

‘She didn’t deserve this,’ Rio remember Lia’s smile. It was so cute and innocent. She always looked out for others and wanted to help. She was practically family to the old, stubborn Lucario. ‘Family look out fer one another. Why couldn’t ah look out fer her? Why did she get snatched from out under my own muzzle? This just isn’t right!’ He punched a hole straight through the wall in his anger.

“Pa?” His youngest son, Lu, spoke up. “We’re gonna find her, right?”

“Ya darn tootin’ we will,” Rio said with much determination. He was going to pound someone’s head in for this.

The two of them continued on through the palace’s wall. Commander Sev’s room was a ways inward. Sev wanted to make sure that their headquarters was far enough inside that they could adequately defend it. Made sense, given what this country was doing. Rio wanted to make sure his friend was alright. Yeah, Sev and him could be a little antagonistic, but they were friends through and through. Friends fought every now and again.

Finally reaching the door, he noticed something. Well, several something’s. First and foremost was the fact that he could hear several voices inside yelling and/or screaming in fear. The second was, while ornate, the doors looked like someone had slashed them up.

Rio sighed. ‘It’s gonna be one of those days.’

Suddenly, the doors burst open and out went a rather frightened zebra.

“GET OUT!” Commander Sev’s voice roared, causing the zebra to rocket down the hallway. “GET OUT! WORTHLESS SCUM!”

“Sev,” Joy motherly scolded. “Throwing our aids out the door isn’t going to help us find Lia.”

“IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!” Sev retorted.

Rio groaned as he walked inside. He was ready for the lashing he was going to get over….something. His commander always liked to put blame onto others when he was angry. Helped him get off some stress. Looking at him now, he needed it.

His eyes were weary and had bags underneath them. He seemed haggard, flustered, and looked like he was ready to drop. Still, he was the epitome example of anger. “WHAT?!!!”

“Ah just wanted to come over and check up on ya,” Rio raised up a paw to try and ease his mind. “Ya know, to make sure yer alright.”

“Alright?” Sev looked at him like he just grew a second head. “You come into my room and ask me if I’m alright? I have lost my sister and you think that I could possibly be alright?” He flexed his body, preparing to strike. “Choose your next words carefully.”

Rio started to sweat. Even though he loved fighting and could take on anything up to even the strongest of pokemon, Commander Sev was still greater than even him. There was a reason no one picked a fight with the Seviper.

Thankfully, someone stepped in and saved him.

“SEV LOUISE JOY!” Joy stomped her foot in anger. “Stop this childish behavior. I raised you better than then this. Rio is your friend and you don’t attack friends. Now say your sorry.”

“But….” Sev wilted under her glare. She was the only who could ever get him to do anything he didn’t want to do.

“No buts,” Joy waggled her finger of righteousness. “You are going to go and apologize to everyone you yelled at, after you get some sleep.”

“I will fall into the land of slumber when my sister is back within our grasp,” Sev hissed back. “I want my sister! I want her more than anything! I want her more than all of you combined.”

“Don’t you raise your tone with me,” Joy warned. “You’re no good to anyone in your state. Just look at yourself in the mirror. You look like you’re going to pass out any minute. You’re not the only who misses her. She’s my baby! I held her in my arms when she cried, I fed her, I RAISED HER AS MY OWN JUST LIKE YOU! So, don’t give me lip.” Tears were running down her face.

Sev looked aghast. “I…mother, I didn’t mean to say…”

“No,” Joy sniffed, still glaring at her towering son. “You meant it. You always mean everything you say, even when you don’t think it through….You got that from him.” She muttered the last part more to herself.

Sev hissed in anger. “I am not him…Mother, I am not him. I will never be him….” He hung his head. “I’m just stupid…I’m just a stupid, worried fool.”
Joy hugged him. “No, you’re not…stupid that is.” She chuckled weakly. There wasn’t any mirth to it. “I shouldn’t have said that…We’re both just so stressed. We need to take a break.”

“I want Lia,” Sev whined like a little child as tears fell upon his mother’s shoulder. “I’m supposed to take care of her. I promised you. I promised her. I broke that promise. I’m a terrible brother.”

“You broke nothing,” Joy pulled back and looked him in the eyes. “You’re a great big brother. This is those vile kidnapper’s fault, not yours. Don’t beat yourself up over this, okay. Promise me.”

“I promise, mother.” Sev nuzzled her. “I promise.”

Rio felt rather awkward now. He was intruding on a personal moment and they seemed to have forgotten about him. It wasn’t the first time he’d done so. He was in an army with some rather troubled pokemon. That and he was a brawler. He had been thrown into so many houses that he’d lost track. “Errr….should ah just go?”

“No,” Sev sniffed and the mother/son duo broke their embrace. “What is our status?”

Rio sighed. “No luck in Cairo. We’ve searched a few neighborin’ town, but nothin’ yet. Ag is spear headin’ some troops to search the ones farther away. Should be done sometime today. Tomorrow if some of the local varmints get in the way.”

“If they do,” Sev scoffed. “Show them the might of pokemon. The PLA never back down when one of their own is in jeapordy.”

“Ya darn tootin’ we don’t,” Rio smirked. “Don’t ya worry a scale on yer head. We’ll find Lia faster than an ornery Tauros can smash down a china store.” He had seen it happen once. Someone had found some prepared Tauros meat in a shop….one of their soldiers was a Tauros….Yeah, not the best combination. It made Rio sick that humans would eat pokemon. ‘Yet eatin’ humans is wrong. Hypocrites.’

“I agree with that statement,” Gard strode into the room. “Though, perhaps I would word it a bit more eloquently, but beggars can’t be choosers.”
Rio snorted in anger. Him and Gard never saw eye to eye. The Gardevoir preferred standing back and using his psychic powers to deal with foes. ‘That aint a way to fight.’

“Gard,” Sev looked relieved. “Finally, you’re hear. Tell me you have the good news that I, the chosen warrior of Arceus, deserve to hear.”

“Well Commander….” Gard started.

“Tell me.” Sev cut him off.

“Well, I….”

“Tell me!”

“I found….”

“TELL ME!”

“I’M TELLING YOU!” Gard shouted back.

“Why are you shouting?” Sev blinked in confusion. “Are you deaf? You have to tell me these things Gard. I’m not psychic.”

Gard pinched the bridge of his nose and mumbled a few curses under his breath. “I’m trying to say…” he lifted his hand away from his face.

“Tell me.”

Gard was silent for a moment, simply looking at Sev in both disbelief and anger. “Oh you’ll find out,” he growled. “I’m about to show you.” With an outstretched hand and glowing eyes, the psychic type constructed a map of Zebrica. There were several highlighted areas. There were three colors: Red, Gray, Green.

“We have mapped out the country scape,” Gard explained, gesturing to his construct. His eyes had returned to normal as he just needed a single thought to keep it up. “The green areas represent places that we know for a fact to be clean or have already searched.” There weren’t a lot of green spots and most of them centered around Cairo. “Unfortunately, given how primitive the local transportation is and how scattered our own forces are, we haven’t been able to gain much so far. The Gray represents places we haven’t searched, but have doubts that they hold Lia hostage.” Most of the map held gray dots. “The Red are areas where we suspect Lia to be held, or to be locations for her kidnappers. They most likely have several bases around the country in order to organize an attempt on both the life of the king and Lia’s capture.” There were a few areas, mostly large towns, with a couple outer cities as well. Not to mention the large jungle. “Ag is already spear heading a search of the small town of Abnub.” He pointed to a small red dot on the bank of what the locals called ‘The Nile’. “Given reports and eye witness accounts provided by our gracious host of a king, we have gleamed that it is in fact a festering hive of scum and villainy. It would seem like the best hold out for our kidnappers.”

“Then purge it,” Sev snarled. “Clean away the scum and plunge the villainy down the drain that we just cleaned.”

“….What?” Rio asked.

“He wants to flush down crime,” Gard groaned, rubbing his forehead slightly. He cancelled the projection.

“YES! They will fear the mighty toilet of righteousness! We shall become the all-powerful plumbers of Arceus.” Sev shouted. “We shall have to get some crummy, high colored clothes. Perhaps a moustache…And you Gard will wear the dress of princesshood.”

“I…” Gard looked lost. “That….” He clenched his fists. Dark psychic energies swirled around his hands and his overbearing fearful aura magnified. He then walked out the door.

“You know I merely jest Gard,” Sev called after him. “Friends do that….Gard?”

A sickening ‘crack’ filled the air and something hard slammed against the outside wall. Everyone was silent for a moment.

Rio knew something bad just happened. Gard was a mon you didn’t piss off. ‘Course, ah could still take him.’ Still, Rio made it a habit not to tick him off.

“Sweetie,” Joy spoke up. “What have I said about making fun of Gard’s feminine figure?” She crossed her arms and stared at him sternly.

Sev flinched under the gaze. “Not to.”

Gard came back in, obviously relaxed. “I’m sorry. I just had to step out for a moment to…talk with our king’s would be assassins.”

“Gard…” Sev warned. “Do you know what…”

“The king will do if he finds bodies lying around?” Gard finished, holding up a hand to stop the Commander. “My old friend, I have that taken care of. His body was sent far away from here.”

“Why was he…”

“Out in the hallway?”

Sev hissed in anger. “Don’t finish…”

“Sentences,” Gard smirked.

Rio chuckled. Gard and Sev always liked to poke fun at each other. Well, all of the generals did, him included. Friendship was rather strange like that.

“Now before you go cursing us psychic types, I should have you know that we have more pressing matters to attend to.” Gard said. “As you know, there are a select number of zebras who are not pleased with our arrival.”

“Morons of the highest degree,” Sev said. “Can they not see my importance?”

“Of course they can,” Gard said civilly. “But they I have managed to gleam a little information from one of them. I could just read his mind, but…” He grinned. “I wanted to give you the honor.” He snapped his fingers and in popped a rather disgruntled zebra.

Sev towered over the zebra, but he never lost his glare. “What do you want? Are you going to kill me too?” The zebra snarled.

“No,” Sev hissed. “I am no….

Suddenly, Joy had him by the collar. She shook him about. “WHERE’S MY BABY?!!!”

“Gone,” the zebra said as the shaking stopped. “Gone and you’ll never find her.” He chuckled. “She’s just the first. Soon, we’ll rid our nation of you parasites. Zebrica for zebras!”

“WHERE IS SHE?!!” Joy’s tone was both of anger and desperation. Her eyes watered, preparing to unleash a torrent of worried tears. “I WANT MY BABY GIRL!”

“You can’t have her,” the zebra answered. “By now, she’s too far gone for you to even touch her.”

“He doesn’t know where she is,” Gard answered. “Although, he does know what became of her.”

“What?” Sev looked to him in desperation.

“Slavery,” Gard said through clenched teeth. “He sold her into slavery.”

Sev shook in rage. “I…I…I…”

Before he could say another word, Rio smacked him hard enough in the back of the head to knock him out. Sev was too tired and too far gone in his rage right now to be of any help. He needed his rest. ‘So do ah.’

“No….” Joy said in a horror. “My baby….A slave?”

The zebra laughed. “Oh the things they’ll do to her.”

“You….You….YOU SAVAGE!” Joy screamed in his face. “She’s innocent. She hasn’t done anything to anyone and you did this to her? What right do you have to force her into that? What right!”

“I did it for the rights of all zebras,” the zebra spat in her face. “Death to the invaders. Long live Zebrica.”

“WHERE IS SHE?!!” Joy screamed, tears fell down her face. “GIVE HER TO ME!!!”

“He does not know,” Gard sighed. “His mind….”

“The Hyena Dogs,” the zebra answered, surprising the Gardevoir. “They always need more slaves, the putrid creatures.”

Gard frowned. “Impossible. I should have sensed it in your….” His eyes widened. “……You’re not a dark type.” He smacked his forehead. “Argh, I forgot this world plays differently.”

“What are ya talkin’ about?” Rio asked.

“They’re using some Dark energy to cloud certain memories,” Gard stroked his chin. “Clever. Really clever. I didn’t know this world had anything that advanced.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Joy snarled. “We’re going to find Lia. That’s that.”

“I don’t think you understand,” the zebra said. “There’s nothing you can do.”

“You’re wrong,” Joy stated. “I’m her mother. I will do everything to get her back.”
____________________________________________________________________
*somewhere else in Zebrica*

Lia held her legs close to her chest. Her face was puffy and red from all the crying she had done. She normally didn’t cry. She was a big girl. Her big brother never cried and she was just as tough as him. Yet, sitting here in this small cage, she cried. She was so scared. The zebras had been so mean to her. They glared at her. They threw her around.
She rubbed her shoulders where dark bruises lay on her skin. She could have taken them, but they had placed a collar on her neck that somehow prevented her powers from taking effect. It was an ugly, grey thing. Something she had seen on some of the soldiers they had liberated from Team Rocket. ‘is there a Team Rocket in this world? Are they going to experiment on me?’

Dark images flashed in her mind and she whimpered. Lia rarely had been in immediate danger. She could count on one hand how many fights she had ever been in and she had always had her big brother to save her. Sometimes, it was her mommy and other times it was some of the soldiers they brought with them. She was always in good company.

Not now. These zebras had taken her away from her home. Lia was all alone and she hated it.

“I would put a smile on your face if I were you,” a stallion walked up to her cage. He had called himself ‘Caballeron’. “Happy merchandise sells faster and better.”

“You’re evil,” Lia glared at him.

“I’m a business stallion,” Caballeron shrugged. “We’re all evil in one way or another. I will not hide that fact. Now be a good girl and please behave. Your new owners will see you in the morning.”

“I don’t want owners,” Lia whimpered. “I want my mommy.”

“She can’t have you,” Caballeron frowned. “You’re mine now…For only a short time however. I hear you are a psychic. You’ll fetch quite a gem from the Hyena Dogs.”

Lia’s whimpering increased. She had heard a lot about the Hyena Dogs and none of it was good.

Caballeron sighed. “Please stop crying.”

Lia didn’t listen. “Fuck you.” It was a bad word and she felt bad about saying it, but she had heard the grown-ups say it when they hated someone.

Caballeron sighed again. “Very well.” He pulled out a little, elaborate piece of gray metal, with a bright green gem in the middle. He pressed the button and then all of Lia’s world was pain. Electricity arced through every single nerve fiber and her screams filled the area. “I don’t find pleasure in this.” He stopped the machine. “I just want my customers to be happy. They don’t want a broken toy, so I suggest you learn some manners. Are we clear?”
Lia just tried to grasp for air, stilling the pain.

“Good,” Caballeron smiled. “We’ll meet the clients tomorrow morning. Have a good night’s sleep.” He trotted away.

‘I want to go home…..’ Lia silently prayed as she fell unconscious.

Author's Note:

I feel terrible for doing that.

I hope you all were able to enjoy this chapter and please leave a comment.

PreviousChapters Next