• Published 25th Aug 2014
  • 4,005 Views, 458 Comments

A New World, A New Conflict - Evowizard25



Generally, being stranded in a new world would effect most creatures. Not, General Sev. For him, it's a new staging ground for his army...Now if only he could find them and figure out what to do.

  • ...
20
 458
 4,005

PreviousChapters Next
Meetings come in several different forms (Day 3)

General Char had often told himself he was a patient pokemon. For the most part….he wasn’t, but he did take inspiration from his father in some regards. For example, his near hourly prayers. Right now, however, he had doubled that. Most would ask, why? Well, there was one thing a male did not need to sit through: women playing dress up. Oh yeah, some would think it hot or something like that, but most of the time, it wasn’t. It doesn’t help that one of the girls was the Commander’s sister. Not something someone should ogle.

So here he was, groaning out a small prayer as Lia and Felicia tried on another pair of clothes. He had been punished to babysitting duty do to taking action without Sev’s say so. That was a big no no in the army and Char should have known better. Instead, he had gone gun hoe forwards without thinking. Now he was paying for it big time. So that’s how he ended up in the women section of this equine clothe store….that surprisingly had dresses and such in sizes for both of the female pokemon. ‘Odd.’

There was nothing he could do about his mistake now. All he had to do was sit in this chair and wait for his tormentors to spring up some other asinine dress. His cheeks were cupped in his claws as he sighed.

“We’re ready~” Lia and Felicia chimed.

“I know,” Char said more to himself.

Lia came out in something he really expected of her: A cute pink, frilly dress. He could never understand the duo, Sev and Lia. They were so opposite yet at the same time, the same. Like their childish behavior. Of course, Lia was more understandable, she was still rather young and only recently looking at boys….Which had put the Commander on edge as of late. He didn’t like any male even giving his sister the look over.

Felicia, however, was in….. “SWEET ARCEUS!” Char’s eyes went wide and his cheeks crimson. He flailed in his seat, falling backwards.

Felicia, the excitable Goodra, had donned a rather alluring red belly dancer outfit. Her hips swayed back and forth as she fanned her arms about herself in an attempt to look sexy. Apparently it worked, given the state Char was in.
________________________________________________________________________
*Felicia*

Felicia couldn’t help but squeal upon seeing Char go down. Not that she wanted to see him flail about, but now she knew she was actually sexy in the outfit. She usually didn’t get a lot of time to shop in the old world, given her occupation and what not. Weiss wasn’t very…keen on shopping either, at least not in the women’s section. He always seemed to vanish whenever she tried to get him to tag along. He’d always had an excuse though to assuage her.

‘But with this,’ Felicia waggled her hips in a dance. ‘He’ll be putty in my hands…OOH~ I can’t wait to see his face. He’ll come walking in, I’ll twirl in the bed and WHAM! Happy fun bed times. I hope he turned into a Goodra. Not that I wouldn’t love him otherwise, but to be held in some big, squishy arms would be nice.’

While she was musing, Char had his hand interlocked. “Arceus, forgive this wretched soul for thinking such decrepit thoughts.”

Lia was just barely holding in her laughter, covering her mouth to muffle it.

“Ah,” a rather posh looking zebra came walking over to the group. He was Haka, the owner of the store. “It seems you like our new line, yes?”

Lia stopped her giggling and nodded.

Felicia, as well, stopped her own dancing to run over and hug Haka. “Oh, I love, love, love them! It’s so nice that you have stuff our size.”

“Seems highly suspicious to me,” Char had gotten up to eye the store owner. “How did you get all these sizes and measurements? Perhaps you’ve enlisted some…heretical help.” He talons flexed.

Haka gulped, before being set down. “I assure you, my line is one hundred percent safe. Why, my new dressmaker has been working night and day toiling over these dresses. I couldn’t really understand her at first, but she’s been great to me and my business. I am insulted that you would question her.”

Before Char could ask who he was talking about, a familiar voice spoke up.

“Par les étoiles au-dessus,” a French voice gasped. “It’s you!” The trio turned to see the PLA’s lead fashion designer, Leava the Leavanny. The insectoid pokemon was wearing a fashionable blue dress that fit her well. “This is wonderful, no? I knew that my compatriots would find me.”

“Leava!” Lia ran over and hugged the designer, who happily returned it. “I’m so happy you’re here.”

“I am too,” Leava said. “How are the others?”

“Sev’s been crankier than usual,” Lia said. “I think this whole thing is effecting him more than he’s letting on. We’re still trying to find some of the others, but most of us are here.”

“Magnifique!” Leava chimed. “Vapora, did you hear that?”
___________________________________________________________________________________
*Char*

Char’s eyes widened. “She’s here?”

“Yes,” in walked what was essentially, the most beautiful Vaporeon that currently walked the earth. At least, to Char anyways. She was Vapora, Leava’s assistant/model. She was currently wearing a purple dress that did well to bring out her more…alluring features. Her voice had a foreign lilt to it, making it even more attractive. “It’s nice to see you again, Char.”

“Yeah,” Char fidgeted with his collar, releasing some literal steam. “It’s good to see you too.”

“Oh?” Vapora titled her head as she came to stand before him. “Really? You seem rather nervous? Is something the matter?”

“Well….” Char started.

“Is it the dress?” Vapora smirked. “Because I can just take it…” She slowly reached for the hem of her dress.

“NOOO!” Char cried, blushing like mad. He promised himself to pray extra hard to Arceus later. He had actually wanted to see that….Even though she was usually naked. ‘What logic is this?’ Char thought as he wanted nothing more than to sink into the ground.

Vapora put a paw to her mouth and giggled at his actions. “I’m just messing with you, Char.” She went over and nuzzled him. “I’m just glad you’re alright. Everything’s been topsy turvy lately.”

“But in a good way,” Felicia exclaimed. “We’re in a whole new world, which mean, a whole new world of friends. Isn’t that the bestest?”

“Enough chit chat,” Leava broke up the moment, pointing a claw up into the air dramatically. “We have the fashions to make.”
_______________________________________________________________________________
Trotankhamun had rarely ever liked state meetings. Rarely as in the only times he remembered enjoying them was when Celestia would have him sit next to or between her legs when he was a kid. She’d give him cookies and tell him that he was a good boy for being so quiet. That and he knew Celestia liked having someone close to her during her oh so tiring dealings with nobles. Currently, he did not have a son or daughter to coddle here. He was alone in a large courtroom, surrounded by dozens of tribe leaders/mayors.

He sighed. “Let’s begin, shall we.”

“About time,” a portly zebra stallion spouted up. He was the mayor of Cairo, the shining star of Zebrica. Most zebricans were underfed and skinny. It was a sign of wealth when a zebra could grow fat. His name was Zifat.

“Does anyone wish to start?” Trotankhamun asked. He didn’t need to, since he knew it was his right and within his power to start any subject he so wished. Still, it didn’t hurt to let others say their concerns. He was sure that they were his own in some form or another.

“Ah yes,” Zifat started. “I would like to bring up a few complaints about the royal chefs….”

“Oh for crying out loud,” one of the tribe leaders, a middle aged zebra warrior of the northern tribes, huffed. His name was Septi. “We came here for a reason and that’s these…creatures. Let’s not beat around the bush about it.”

“They are not creatures,” Trotankhamun scolded through clenched teeth. “They are pokemon. They’re sapient beings like you and me.”

“Sapient beings that have entered out country illegally,” Madu, an old stallion and mayor of Giza. He glared at the king and pounded a hoof onto his pedestal. “Let me remind you that we struggle to feed our own people. How are we going to feed all these pokemon too? I’ll answer you, we won’t. I say we kick them out of our country and be done with it.”

“Hear, hear,” quite a few of the other council members nodded in agreement.

“We have enough food for everybody,” Trotankhamun scoffed and pointed to Zifat. “He’s proof of that.”

Zifat gasped. “Your Highness, I take offense. I only eat enough to get by. I have a condition.”

‘Yes, an ‘all you can eat’ condition.’ Trotankhamun’s anger was starting to boil and the meeting had already begun. He’d seen with his own eyes some of his own people on the streets, starving and these ‘nobles’ had the gall to gorge themselves? In his face no less? It made him sick, but he couldn’t help that right now. He didn’t want to be a tyrant by ousting the fat oaf. The other nobles wouldn’t like that and he was already in a precarious situation. It didn’t help that Zifat, beside his eating habits, was rather good at his job.

“If our king is finished insulting us,” Septi growled. “Then I think he should answer. When are we getting rid of the pokemon?”

“They are here to stay,” Trotankhamun answered. “Did you not hear their god’s voice? I doubt we could stand up to a being like that, if we were to take this action. Which we will not if I might add.”

Madu chuckled. “Do you really believe that this Arceus is as powerful as he says? Is he even a god? No doubt this is all some elaborate trick by some of the other nations to weaken us. What better way then to sick some of their new pets into our lands and make us look like floundering fools.”

“I agree,” Septi smirked. “I doubt Arceus could take an arrow to the eye, let alone transport all these ‘pokemon’ to our sacred lands. It’s probably Celestia just….”

“CELESTIA DIDN”T DO ANYTHING!” Trotankhamun slammed his hooves down onto his pedestal hard enough to crack it. The nobles flinched under his angry glare. “Don’t you dare accuse her of this, of anything.”

“Why not,” Septi shot back. “She’s been eyeing this country for eons. This is just some trick to make us ‘ask’ for help. She’ll send soldiers and next thing we all will know, Zebrica is nothing more than another Equestrian province. I will not stand for that. What of you my fellow council members? Do you want to be Equestrian or Zebrican?”

“ZEBRICAN!” Many of them answered.

Trotankhamun wanted nothing more than to behead the smirking tribal leader. There was one thing anyone should know: Never backtalk Celestia in his face. Of course, he couldn’t kill Septi. No, but he wasn’t exactly as powerful or influential as Zifat. ‘Perhaps I can undermine him, get him replaced….Maybe an accident?’ he frowned at that last thought. ‘Celestia wouldn’t like that kind of thinking. She raised me better than that.’

“Celestia has honored our independence,” Trotankhamun explained. “When she defeated Moregutz and took the role as Alpha, she sent the Hyena Dogs packing and what did she do next? Capitalize on our vulnerability? No, she let us live in peace. She gave us support, food, aid. Everything we needed, but we still remained Zebrican.”

“Ours was a devastated country,” Madu shot back. “No one in their right mind would have taken us in that state. Too much work. So, why not feed us? Fatten us up like lambs to the slaughter. She gave us the tools to survive, yes, but she has made us weak upon doing so. These pokemon are just here to pound that into our heads. To show us that we’re still vulnerable and weak. She wants us to come crawling on our knees. I will not have my grandchildren grow up in Equestrian schools. They will be brought up as good, honest Zebricans.”

Again, more agreement.

“If this isn’t the work of Celestia, then no doubt the other nations are licking their lips right now. They gaze at us with blind determination. They want to subjugate us. They want to take everything we know and cherish and break it right in our faces,” Madu continued. “Should I recount the tales of the griffins during their last invasion? They ate their captives.”

“That was just propaganda,” Trotankhamun shot back. He knew what Madu was talking about. There was a small piece of land that used to be part of Zebrica, before Moregutz slaughtered most of the citizens there. Afterwards, the Zebricans had been ordered to take it back. Unfortunately, a platoon of griffins had stumbled upon the lands and taken up camp…The next few months were a blood bath, with no one knew what was happening most of the time.

“Propaganda or not,” Madu snorted. “I’m not going to take my chances.”

“Well I…” Trotankhamun started.

Septi cut him off. “Why should we listen to you, Your Highness, about this matter? They are invaders, pure and simple. We already have trouble with the Hyena Dogs. We’re on the ropes as it is. I think you need to get off Celestia’s tit for once in your life and do something about it.”

“If you’re so surefire about getting rid of them,” Trotankhamun spat. “Than tell me. Have you talked with them? Asked them their opinions?”

“They are animals,” Septi scoffed. “No matter if they can talk or not, they are animals pure and simple and I will treat them as such as long as they threaten my home and family.”

“They haven’t threatened anyone!” Trotankhamun shouted.

“Ah, but you mistaken,” Madu smirked, looking over a few files. “I have several reports of injuries and property damage that these pokemon have inflicted upon our poor nation. They are a threat to us.”

“But did you once stop to think that maybe they were defending themselves?” Trotankhamun pleaded. “I’ve spent the last few days with some of these newcomers and I assure you…”

“How do we know they haven’t corrupted you?” Septi spoke up again. “We’ve been told some of them are psychic. What’s stopping them from controlling our minds? Controlling your mind, Your Highness?”

Trotankhamun grit his teeth. “My mind is still my own and shall be to the end of days. The Pokemon have done nothing to me and if I might wager, the injuries weren’t that severe. Were they Madu?”

Madu frowned. “No…Recovery will be simple and easy for the lot.” He seemed disappointed by this.

“If I may interrupt,” the young shaman, Masika, spoke up. She was the spiritual leader of the southern tribes. “I would like to agree with the king. The pokemon have the right to stay.”

“They are not zebricans,” Septi shouted in outrage. “They don’t have the right to stay in our country.”

“Then what of Quivering Lip?” Masika tilted her head to the shaking Pegasus stallion.

He was nearing his middle age, but still looked quite good. Well, if you like tall, lanky stallions. He was sandy blonde and had a brown mane. “I…I think we can trust them.”

“HA!” Septi scoffed. “Of course the Equestrian would say so. He’s an invader himself.”

“That’s enough,” Trotankhamun cut him off. ‘How do you like it?’ “This isn’t about Equestria. This is about us. Masika, perhaps you may enlighten us. Why do you trust the Pokemon?”

“During the first day,” Masika started. “Several of the children were playing in the rivers. As you know, our waters are…not the safest, but there had not been a crocodile in our waters for some time. We had thought it safe…until one of them showed up.”

Trotankhamun lowered his gaze. Crocodiles were extremely dangerous in their home turf.

“But something stopped it before it could eat one of the children,” Masika smiled brightly. “A pair of yellow, red haired serpents fought the crocodile off. I believe they called themselves ‘Milotic’, at least, that’s what we inferred. We did not have the luxury of talking to them for until we arrived in the capital.”

“I am pleased to hear the children’s safety,” Trotankhamun held a hoof out to her. “See, the pokemon have their uses. They saved those children without ask or want and let me remind you. They saved me several times over the last few days.” He scowled. “Including an attempt on my own life in MY CAPITAL CITY!”

Zifat gulped, sweating in fear. “Your Highness, I assure you that I had no idea….”

“That the situation was this bad?” Trotankhamun’s temper was flaring. He mentally berated himself for not keeping Khaba by his side. His aide knew how to calm him down. He held his breath, trying to calm himself. “Is there anything else to note?”

Masika sighed. “Over the past few days, we have received a number of orphan pokemon. Sadly, it seems that in this move of Arceus, many families were broken up. I myself had to assuage a small blue mouse pokemon who was naught but a baby.”

“See!” Septi struck out his hoof at her. “If Arceus did do this, and I’m not saying he did, how can we trust a god who tears apart families?”

Madu nodded. “Surely, if he acts like this, no doubt he will try and pin the blame upon us to cover his own mistake. All the while, he’d proclaim himself righteous, as he did in his own message to us. Which, may I add, has caused panic to spring forth in our loyal subjects.”

“Be it as it may,” Trotankhamun tried to steer the conversation away from that. “What of the children?”

“We have had some luck on reuniting some familiar,” Mikasi shook her head sadly. “But not all…A few of the other shamans have suggested giving them to loving zebra families, especially ones that have no children of their own.”

“You wish to replace our own children with pokemon?!!” Septi seethed in rage. “I’d rather die than let some rat into my house and give it my food. Food that I worked hard to get.”

Before the situation could deteriorate anymore, Commander Sev burst through the doors….Okay, the situation just got worse, but….I can’t think of any positives really.

“I was not informed of this meeting,” Commander Sev hissed in anger. “Why? Do you not wish to hear from Arceus’s chosen warrior? Are you deaf?”

“What is that thing doing here?” Madu glared at the snake.

“This thing is Commander Sev,” Sev’s Glare made the zebra flinch. “From now on, you are to remember that.” He turned to Trotankhamun. “Explain why I wasn’t invited.”

“This was a private meeting,” Trotankhamun sighed, rubbing his aching head. ‘And I thought it couldn’t get any worse.’

Sev snorted. “No longer shall that be so, for all meeting are not to be private from me. I am Arceus’s voice, his gift to the world.”

Septi snorted. “Gift? More like curse.”

Sev hissed in anger. “You were talking about what is to become of us, yes?” Trotankhamun nodded. “Then let’s be done with that. We’re staying and there isn’t anything you can do about it.”

The council went up in uproar. Several of the members were shouting angered words at Sev and ordering the king to take off his head and oust his brethren.

“QUIET!” Trotankhamun shouted, using the traditional Canterlot voice. Everyone took heed and silenced themselves. “Commander Sev, I am sorry for my council’s behavior.”

Sev waved his tail to signify it didn’t bother him. “I’ve dealt with worse, Your Majesty. Try speaking to an angry Nidoking. They can be quite…difficult to deter.”

“I’ll take your word for it,” Trotankhamun said.

“Now,” Sev looked over the council members. “I hear you wish my people gone, correct?”

Madu nodded. “You are correct, serpent.”

Sev frowned. “Yet we have not lifted a single thought against you. We have done nothing but serve your king since we’ve arrived. He would be dead if not for the actions of my brave soldiers. Which is not surprising, given how they have such a wondrous leader as I.”

Trotankhamun rolled his eyes.

“The actions of your soldiers mean nothing in the grand scheme of things,” Madu said. “Our king would not have been in danger had your kind not appeared.”

Sev coiled in anger, spring over to a hair’s breath distance from Madu. “My soldiers’ actions always mean something.”

“Commander Sev,” Trotankhamun called out, seeing the anger in the Seviper’s eyes. “Stand down.”

“As you wish,” Sev pulled back, much to Madu’s relief. He went to the center of the council. “Listen here, the world I came from was an abomination of its former glory. We pokemon lived under the frightful reign of the humans, fearing for survival each and every day. My soldiers sacrificed their lives for freedom from this oppression. They died for the chance that we could live in peace. This world is our chance to honor their deaths. Zebrica is a shining beacon of peace for our weary souls who have lost so much. We ask for nothing, but the chance to begin anew. We want to make Zebrica our home, but we cannot do that without your aid. Will you give us this chance?”
The council members mumbled to themselves, thinking it over.

“Commander Sev has my vote of confidence,” Masika raised her hoof. “I have grown tired of hate and death. Let us grant our new brothers and sisters peace. Perhaps, in doing so, we shall become stronger for it.”

“I am already strong,” Septi scowled, but sighed. “But I will not raise my hoof against a shaman. I will hold my tongue, but I will never accept this.”

Masika smiled warmly at him. “I didn’t expect you to.”

Madu worked over his jaw. “How do we know he isn’t lying?”

Sev’s glare nearly broke him. “Lie? I, the great and powerful Commander Sev, would not lie about my soldiers. I would not lie about each and every one of their deaths and how they served me well beyond what they should have. I have watched too many…Too many deaths of close friends. Zebrica is our bastion. I will die to see this country achieve greatness. I will lay down my life to see your children safe. I will tear my own body to pieces if that meant that pokemon could live in peace. I mean every word of this, council member zebra..person…someone who probably has some importance but I’ll likely forget about you after this because I do not care.”

“Thank you,” Madu scowled. “I feel so special.”

“You should be,” Sev snarled through his hissing. “You are lucky that I am under the command of your king, else my blade would have met your throat for your insults.”

“Threatening me in an offical place of meeting?” Madu said. “I just see more proof that you pokemon are nuisances.”

“We can be,” Sev chuckled. “But we can also do so much good.”

“Oh I know,” Misaki chuckled. “One of the Milotic, a strange fellow wearing your uniform a top hat and monocle, wouldn’t stop talking about it. He so wanted to perform and he delighted the young of my village.”

“Milo!” Sev grinned. “General Milo, you cheeky devil you. I am glad to hear that he is safe.”

“As well as your old master,” another older voice spoke up.

The council members turned their head to see an elder Milotic female slither into the courtroom.

Sev bowed his head. “It is good to see you again, Master Tica.”

Tica bowed her head in return. “As I you, my littlest pupil.” She eyed the Madu. “I apologize for his rash behavior. Commander Sev prides his men above most everything, but his own family.”

“As one should,” Sev muttered.

"And as such," Tica continued. "He can be rather...unconcerned about his choice of wording."

“I think we can agree that Sev is rather rash with his word choices,” Trotankhamun chuckled at Sev’s glare. “It’s the truth.”

“It’s the truth,” Sev mocked back at him, causing the king’s chuckles to grow louder.

“Sev,” Tica chided. “This is an official meeting with the leader of this nation. You must always have tact and poise, no funny business.”

“Yes master,” Sev bowed his head in agreement, thought Trotankhamun knew he wouldn’t heed it.

“My littlest pupil,” Tica sighed, shaking her head slowly.

The way she talked and addressed him, reminded King Trotanhamun of Celestia’s letters about a certain unicorn turned alicorn.

“He is right,” Tica started. “We wish for nothing but peace with Zebrica.”

“To what end will this peace affect us?” Madu asked. “How much will change?”

“Everything,” Tica honestly answered. “Change is inevitable, current dealings or not. The world does not always turn your way, nor does it ours. You are not the only one who will find change difficult, but we cannot persevere alone. We need each other to survive the oncoming storm that is the future.”

Madu snorted in disagreement, but said nothing.

“So, all in favor of casting the pokemon out?” Trotankhamun noticed not that many raised their hooves. Among the ones that did were Madu, not surprisingly. He wondered about the others though. He knew they didn’t like it and would gladly have the pokemon kicked out, but they didn’t want to get on the king’s bad side, nor anger the pokemon. At least, not until they had an edge against them. “All opposed.” The king himself raised his foreleg and so did most everyzebra and pony did too. “Then this meeting is adjourned.”

Author's Note:

And that's it for day three. So on to day four....Which still leave about thirteen days to cover....*sigh*

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please leave a comment. I want to know what you liked and such. Helps me get the mojo to finish other chapters.

PreviousChapters Next