• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 632 Views, 35 Comments

Random Events - Flagstar of Flagclan



With your host, Twilight Sparkle, we'll be talking to many ponies around Equestria. They'll be a new episode every week on Monday so don't miss it.

  • ...
2
 35
 632

Episode Two

Author's Note:

In this episode we have a great mystery pony, awesome challenges, and in some pony's opinion, an awesome prize. And don't worry there's not any interruptions in there. Oh who am I kidding? We lost some cash in the budget so we have to put in the scariest thing: a commercial. No please don't kill me it's not my fault. Just watch the episode, a commercial won't kill you will it? (Hopefully, we don't want to be sued)

The starting song played and the curtain lifted. Twilight was in her red chair while our mystery guest was on the sofa, covered by a curtain. The camera rolled and she smiled.

“Hi everypony. It’s time for the second episode of Random Events! Are mystery pony today is…..”

The curtain lifted up to reveal Derpy, the cross eyed pegasus.

“Hello.” She said loudly.

“So Derpy, are you excited?”

“Ya, I can’t wait for the challenges! I wanna win!”

A ding sounded and the screen came out. It had the picture of a bubble on it. Derpy smiled and clapped her hooves.

“Yay bubbles!”

Twilight giggled. “Okay Derpy, in this challenge you have to roll around in a giant bubble without popping it. There will be a small path that you follow to get to the end.”

Derpy nodded quickly and the screen went black. It lit up again to show her in a giant bubble with nails all over the floor. She stuck out her tongue in concentration and started forward. She weaved around the nails with such accuracy she couldn’t believe it. Everypony thought she wasn’t very smart or good at anything but she knew this would prove them wrong. Derpy stopped when she saw the ramp up ahead. She backed up a few steps, then ran as hard as she could. She cheered as she made it to the other side and won the challenge. The screen quickly faded then went back to the other set.

“Good job Derpy! You’ve won the first challenge and kept yourself in the running for the grand prize.”

“That was fun. Can I do it again.”

“Sorry, but you can only do the same challenge once.”

A ding came and the screen showed the same picture. Derpy cheered but Twilight hit the screen repeatedly until the sign changed to a pyramid.

“Okay, in this challenge you have to stack random objects on top of each other to form a tower to win. If you don’t you win then you will lose your chance at the grand prize and get a dip in our spider pit.”

Suddenly Rainbowdash came on the set, a worried look on her face. She walked over to Twilight and whispered in her ear. Twilight gave a sigh and turned back to Derpy.

“So there’s no more spider pit. We ran out of money, so we have to do a commercial.”

The screen turned to a commercial. It had a spinning hamburger in it with rainbows everywhere. Two words popped up on the screen it pink letters.

“Eat Hamburgers!” It said.

That was the end of the commercial. Derpy appeared with a bunch of random objects around her. She started to stack them, but paused when she ran into a rubber band ball. She smiled when she saw a crate. When Derpy was all done Twilight cheered and the screen went back to the first scene.

“Derpy you’re doing great, but now it’s time for the next challenge.”

The ding sounded and a sword appeared on the screen. Derpy cocked her head, trying to guess what it would be,

“Your challenge is sword fighting.” Twilight began. “You will fight against a professional sword fighter. If you win you will do the the final super prize challenge!”

Derpy nodded as the screen went black. When it lit back up there was a fighter ring, a black colt on one side and the cross eyed pegasus on the other. They started the fight. When she hit the colt he bleeded rainbows. Then she stuck his heart and the pony exploded into glitter and rainbows. She noticed that the sword was made out of streamers. The screen flashed back to the other set.

“You’ve won the third challenge Derpy, now it’s time for the ultimate challenge.”

“What wrong with that sparkly pony?” Derpy asked quickly.

“Oh, Pinkie was in charge of getting him so I have no idea.”

Pinkie poked her head out from behind Derpy’s couch.

“You said getting? I thought you said making. Getting makes much more sense, silly me.” She said with a giggle.

Twilight and Derpy looked surprised but Pinkie just smiled and left the stage. Derpy thought over it for a second but ended up just thinking about muffins. Twilight looked back over to her. She smiled and started to use her magic to grab three boxes. Each one had a number on it.

“Derpy, choose a number.”

“Okey dokey lokey. Number two.”

Twilight lifted up box number three to reveal a picture of a clapboard. She put her hoof over her mouth so she wouldn’t laugh.

“Okay Derpy, you’re gonna do a one pony show for three judges. I’ll introduce them to you. Come on out guys!”

Three mares came onto the stage. They each sat on a foldable chair.

“Welcome Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy.” Said Twilight.

The three ponies waved to the camera. Rarity flipped her mane while Fluttershy smiled shyly. The screen faded and then brightened to show Derpy standing under the spotlights. She started her one pony show instantly.

“Hello Derpy. Why hi Mr. Bubbles, how are you doing today? Great how are you doing? Very good thanks. So what do you think of the weather? It’s great Mr. Bubbles.”

And that was the end of the show. The judges looked confused and huddled together. After a couple minutes of talking they turned around, each of them giving her and eight. Derpy cheered really loud and a happy tune played.

“Congratulations. You have won the grand prize.” Twilight said.

A curtain covered cabinet flashed in and Derpy opened it. Inside was a life supply of muffins. She cheered again while Twilight turned to the screen. She used her magic to flash a larger picture of the fabulous prize. Derpy grabbed one of the muffins and took a giant bite out of it. She smiled real wide.

“This is amazing!” She exclaimed.

Twilight ignored her. “That’s it for this episode. Tune in next time for more fun, more action, and hopefully a better budget.”

The anthem played and the screen went black.