• Published 9th Aug 2014
  • 2,215 Views, 22 Comments

Country Gems - Nightlock106



Apple Bloom has feelings for her friend, Sweetie Belle, but doesn't really know what to do about them. She turns to family for help and soon finds her special somepony.

  • ...
8
 22
 2,215

Morning Confession

I woke up the next morning, excited to start the day. I tossed my covers off of me and sat up. I looked out the window just as the sun was beginning to rise. Everypony else wouldn't be awake for another hour, so I spent some time thinking about how I was going to tell Sweetie Belle that I love her. Applejack did say to just go straight up and tell her, but how? Do I just say it and see what happens? Do I give her a card, a box of chocolates, and some roses? Do I buy her something really fancy? Applejack wasn't really specific about it.

Maybe I should make some extra special apple bites just for her this morning. Yeah, I think that'll work! I hopped out of bed and walked down the hall to the bathroom. I quickly stepped in and and went through my morning business before heading downstairs to fix some breakfast. I pushed a chair over to the fridge and got a box of Cinnamon Oat Crunch and got back off the chair.

Applejack walked in, stretching her hooves and letting out a loud yawn, "Morning Apple Bloom."

I looked over to her as I returned the chair back to the table, "Morning Applejack."

"You excited about making apple bites this morning?"

"As excited as I am every year," I giggled and went to get the milk out of the fridge.

Applejack walked over and got it out instead, "Sorry sis, but I don't need you to go spilling this milk again."

"Applejack, I can do it just fine. I don't need to be treated like a baby anymore. I can take care of myself."

"The last time you said that we ended up with a gallon of milk all over the floor."

I groaned in annoyance and took the milk from her, "I can do it this time, I promise." I walked over to the table where I had my bowl and cereal already sitting out. I poured in the cereal and set the box down. I picked up the milk and poured it in the bowl and set it next to the box of cereal. I looked over at Applejack and smiled, "I told you so."

"Whatever. Anyway, you might want to hurry and eat, Granny'll be up soon to start making the apple bites."

"Okay," I quickly put everything back and sat back down at the table to eat.

Applejack sat next to me and ruffled my mane a little bit, "So, did you think of how you're going to tell Sweetie Belle yet?"

"I was thinking of making some extra special apple bites just for her. I'll go over to her house after they're done and..."

Before I could finish my sentence, I was interrupted by a knock at the door. Applejack got up and went into the living room, "I wonder who that could be this early."

"It's not early, it's eight in the morning," I called back after her.

Applejack opened the door, and was greeted by Sweetie Belle, "Good morning, Applejack."

"Good morning, Sweetie Belle. Come on inside and make yourself at home."

Applejack lead Sweetie Belle into the kitchen where I was sitting with my spoon clasped tightly in my mouth. Why did she have to come over now of all times?! I haven't even had time to practice telling her how I feel about her! Okay...don't panic Apple Bloom. You're a smart filly, you'll think of something.

"Apple Bloom? What's wrong? Opal got your tongue?" Sweetie Belle asked, tilting her head in confusion.

I took the spoon out of my mouth and blushed deeply, "S-Sorry about that Sweetie Belle. I just wasn't really expecting to see you this early. What brings you here this morning?"

"I came by to see if you had anything I could use for my Hearts and Hooves dolls."

"I think I do, I'll have to check once I'm finished eating."

"No rush, I don't mind waiting."

"Are you sure? I'm a bit of a slow eater."

She giggled and put her hoof on my shoulder, "I've seen you eat, and you are far form being a slow eater."

"I guess you're right, just give me a moment and I'll be done," I picked up my bowl and began to pour the cereal down my throat and was finished in a mere thirty seconds. I got up from the table and put my bowl in the sink and turned back to Sweetie Belle, "Ready?"

She imitated Big Mac's voice as best she could, "Eeyup."

We both raced up to my room, barely managing to avoid Granny as she was walking through the living room, "Apple Bloom, no running in the house."

I quickly slowed my pace to a fast walk and called back down the stairs, "Sorry Granny."

Sweetie Belle giggled, "Rarity does the same thing to me when I start running around."

I smiled at her as we entered my room, "So what did you need exactly for your dolls?"

"I needed some blue ribbons to put in their hair. Rarity won't let me use any of her's."

I scratched my head for a moment and began to look around, "I think I might have some around here somewhere." I began to dig in every part of my room, but kept coming up empty hoofed; all I was finding was red and green ribbons, but no blue. I continued searching for about an hour before I decided to give up, "I'm sorry Sweetie Belle, I guess I don't have any. Do you think you could use red and green ribbons?"

She smiled and took the ribbons, "Thanks Apple Bloom, these'll work just as well." She looked at the clock in my room and gasped, "Is that what time it is, I need to hurry and get home before Rarity starts to worry where I'm at."

"Didn't you tell her you were going to be here?"

She looked to the ground and shook her head, "No, she wasn't awake yet so I thought I'd hurry by here, get the ribbons and be home before she wales up."

I put my hoof on her shoulder, "Well then you'd better hurry home."

"Right! Thanks again for the ribbons!"

"No problem, it's the least I could do."

She smiled and quickly ran out of my room and out of the house. I giggled and went down stairs, quickly being greeted by Applejack, "What happened?"

"She just needed to get some ribbons for her Hearts and Hooves day dolls and had to quickly get home."

"Oh, well I've finished those extra special apple bites for your special friend."

Granny Smith heard this and looked over at me, "Apple Bloom's got herself a special friend?"

My deep blush returned and I looked away, "Y-Yes."

"What's the young fella's name?"

"Uh....W-Well...." Think of something Apple Bloom. "Granny...I-I need to tell you something."

"What is it deary?"

I took a deep breath before letting the truth burst out, "Granny I'm...a filly-fooler."