• Published 9th Aug 2014
  • 2,238 Views, 22 Comments

Country Gems - Nightlock106



Apple Bloom has feelings for her friend, Sweetie Belle, but doesn't really know what to do about them. She turns to family for help and soon finds her special somepony.

  • ...
8
 22
 2,238

That Warm Feeling

I was sitting in my chair, looking out the window as Ms. Cheerilee continued to talk about her days as a filly. Though her stories were interesting at first, they would soon become repetitive and boring. As I continued to look around the room, I found my gaze settling upon the one pony that I had admired for a long time. She was sitting a mere three desks away from me, but it felt like she was on the other side of Equestria. Her bright green eyes, her curly pink and purple mane, a smile that could brighten up the darkest of places, she was beautiful in every meaning of the word.

Sweetie Belle, what I wouldn't give to be your special somepony. I'd even give up my sister's blue ribbon apple to be with a filly like you.

I put my hoof on my chin and continued to stare at her, her beauty filling me with the warm, gentle feelings of love. She looked over at me and smiled, her face lighting up with her tender sweetness that I loved. A faint blush began to come across my face and I quickly turned my head away from her.

I never really have told anypony about it, aside from Applejack and Big Mac, and I was too afraid of how she would react if she found out I was a filly-fooler. I know that it's nothing to be ashamed of, and I know that there are many ponies out there who don't care if somepony was one or not, but there are still ponies out there who fare completely against it. I would've told Granny Smith about it, but she was raised in a different generation and doesn't really approve of filly-foolers and colt-cuddlers. But I didn't know about what Sweetie belle would think. She never really gave the impression that she didn't approve of that kind of stuff, but I never really knew for sure.

"Apple Bloom? Apple Bloom are you alright? Equestria to Apple Bloom," called a voice.

I shook back into reality and looked up at Ms. Cheerilee, "Y-Yes ma'am?"

"Apple Bloom, were you paying attention to what I had just gone over with the rest of the class?"

I shifted nervously in my seat and looked down to the ground, "N-No ma'am, I wasn't."

"Well then listen carefully because I'm not going to repeat myself again. As you all know, Hearts and Hooves day is coming up soon, and with that comes tales of romance and love. For a homework assignment, I want you all to make your own Hearts and Hooves day cards, treats, or gifts to pass out to the class. Be creative and don't be afraid to show your Hearts and Hooves day spirit."

With that, the school bell rang and everypony started rushing out the door. I met up with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo right outside and we began walking home.

"So what are y'all planning on doing for your Hearts and Hooves day stuff?" I asked with excitement.

"I was thinking about doing something amazingly awesome, like bring in tons of Rainbow Dash themed Hearts and Hooves day cards!" Scootaloo began hopping up and down in joy.

Sweetie Belle giggled and put her hoof on Scootaloo's head to stop her bouncing, "Come on Scootaloo, you of all ponies should know that Rainbow Dash isn't into romance."

"So what, I'm still going to get awesome romance quotes from her one way or another. And speaking of Rainbow Dash, she's waiting for me at Sugar Cube Corner in order to treat me to Pinkie's amazing red velvet cupcakes."

With that, Scootaloo dashed off towards Sugar Cube Corner, leaving me and Sweetie Belle completely alone. I looked over at her and smiled, my blush quickly returning to my face, "So, Sweetie Belle, what are you planing on doing?"

She put her hoof up to her chin, "I'm not really sure. I guess I'll see if Rarity will help me design some Hearts and Hooves dolls. What are you going to do?"

I giggled and put my hoof on her shoulder, "The same thing I did last year, bring in some of my family's famous Hearts and Hooves day apple bites."

Sweetie Belle's stomach growled at the thought, "They really are good. I'm still trying to figure out how you guys make them taste so good."

"It's an Apple family secret, so I can't go around telling everypony."

"I know, but I'll figure it out one day or another. I bet my left cutie mark on that."

From behind us I heard the all too familiar laughter of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara walked up to us and wiped away a tear, "Hard to bet with something that you don't have."

Sweetie Belle's face grew red with embarrassment and anger. I stepped in front of Sweetie Belle and stared down with Diamond Tiara, "So what if we still don't have our cutie marks. That doesn't make us any different than you."

Silver Spoon rolled her eyes at us and snickered, "Please, you two are going to be full grown mares by the time you get your cutie marks. And what pony in their right mind would ever want a blank flank as their special somepony for Hearts and Hooves day?"

Sweetie Belle looked at me with anger growing in her eyes, "Let's just get going Apple Bloom, I don't really want to get into trouble with Rarity again."

I sighed and continued walking down the street with Sweetie Belle, continuing to be mocked by them. It didn't take long for us to reach Sweetie Belle's house. I said bye and gave her a quick hug before continuing on back home. My mind was still filled with the thoughts of me and Sweetie Belle becoming marefriends and living our lives together. Though I know it may sound childish, I didn't care. She made me happy, and that's something that I liked about her.

Before I knew it, I reached the edge of Sweet Apple Acres where I spotted Applejack and Big Mac working hard to harvest the apples for our apple bites. I rushed towards the house and sat my saddlebag on the front porch and joined them in the fields. I ran up next to Applejack and tapped her on her shoulder, "Hey Applejack, I need to ask you something."

She turned around to face me quickly bucking the tree she was looking at, "What is it Apple Bloom?"

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about telling somepony how you feel about them."

Applejack looked at me curiously, "I guess you've got yourself a little crush on somepony and you want some advise on how to to tell them how you feel."

I nodded and scraped my hoof on the ground, "Y-Yeah."

"Well, it'll have to wait until after we're done harvesting, but I think I might be able to help you out."

I hopped up and down and quickly hugged my sister's leg, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Alright Apple Bloom, enough of that, we've got work to do."

I let go of her leg and giggled, giving her my usual salute "Yes ma'am."