• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 8,344 Views, 781 Comments

The Wonderful Life of Ford Mustang - RoyalRainbow



Shortly after their wedding, Ford Mustang and Rainbow Dash have already made plans to have their first foal together. But when he starts to receive terrible visions about his pregnant wife, can he find a way to prevent them from ever coming true?

  • ...
95
 781
 8,344

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30 – Around the World

Chapter 30 – Around the World

After a long, emotional day by spending time with her father, Turbo Dash, the two Pegasi made it back to her home in the middle of the night. And once they share a touching, farewell hug, Rainbow waves her father goodbye as he drags his now-empty flying chariot back to his own residence in Cloudsdale. Afterwards, Rainbow lets out a big yawn and she eagerly heads inside to get herself some proper rest.

“Mustang! I’m home!”

Strangely enough, there’s no answer in return, so she assumed that her husband is already tucked into bed. But as she is about to head upstairs, she stops all of a sudden as she notices something on the floor. With curious eyes, she sees a postcard right next to her, and picks it up with her mouth and places it on her fore hoof.

Upon closer inspection, she reads a familiar slogan that’s depicted in big, fancy words on a white, diamond-shaped sign as it features neon lights and ends its alluring phrase in bold, red letters:

“Welcome to Fabulous Las Pegasus.

After reading that recognizable logo, she flips it to see who sent this to their door, but to her confusion, no one has written anything on its backside. As she ponders on the vibrant postcard’s blank message, she then sees another postcard right next to the staircase.

With her curiosity taking hold, she goes up to the next postcard as she tucks the first one underneath her wing. Once she picks up the next card, she reads it in cursive writing, “Prance” as it depicts the city’s most iconic tower in the background. Again, the back of the card is entirely blank just like the previous one.

Then, she lifts her head up and sees a trail of postcards lining up the stairs, each of them portraying a different, exotic location. With a disgruntled sigh, Rainbow tasks herself to pick each and every one up as well as tuck them beneath her wings. And with every postcard she picks up, they’re all share the same blank message as the last one.

Soon enough that trail leads her straight to her bedroom, which is closed before her. And once she opens the door, the lights suddenly come up as a voice rings out loud.

“SURPRISE!”

And from that startling announcement, Rainbow lets out a short, high-pitched squeak in surprise as her ruffled wings span out on impulse, which showers her with the postcards she was just collecting. As the postcards descend gracefully like autumn leaves, the slack-jawed mare remains completely still as she takes the time to verify the surprise that Ford Mustang has planned out for her.

On the foot of the bed next to the ecstatically grinning stallion is a colorful collaboration of luggage and novelties. Some of these tacky trinkets are just stuff you would find at a party store such as a tiki cup with an umbrella and a silly straw, an inflatable tube in the shape of a smiling, big-eyed sea monster, and some goofy-looking shutter glasses. And in front of the luggage are lots of traveling brochures with locations matching that with some of the illustrated postcards Rainbow picked up earlier.

Once she regains her composure, the wide-eyed Rainbow Dash asks in a stuttering tone, “Wh-what… what’s all this, Ford?”

“Oh, nothing much.” he replies with a very shrewd smile, “Just an exclusive, all-expense-paid, 30-day trip around the world for my favorite mare in all of Equestria!”

“Around the world?!” she exclaimed with even more surprise.

“Uh-huh!” he nods with constant giddiness. “While you were spending time with some of your best friends, I’ve been collaborating with Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Princesses on this idea I had for a while. And with their help, along with Turbo Dash’s, I’ve picked out several vacation spots all across the map!”

Giddy as ever, he pulls out a small box from a suitcase and reveals its contents to his astonished wife. “And see! We can just use these to get to our destinations in an instant!”

Rainbow gasps lightly to herself once she sees the familiar items within the box: a pair of golden necklaces with globe-shaped spheres on them.

“Wait… I’ve seen them before.” she utters quietly.

This catches Ford by surprise as he stammers in response, “Y-you have? When?”

“Since yesterday, when Twilight tested them out for us so we can get to Applewood in a flash.”

“Oh, you didn’t find out about all of this ahead of time, did you?” he asks with a hint of worry that his surprise was ruined.

“No no! Of course not!” she reassures strongly. “This is definitely a nice surprise altogether! Huh, now that I think about it, that does explain a lot when she was researching those maps and books earlier.” she mutters mostly to herself.

Happy to hear her reassurance, he wheezes in relief as he replies with an awkward smile, “ Well, that at least saves me the trouble from explaining them.” Then he continues with renewed enthusiasm, “But yeah, with these beauties, we can go anywhere we want as long as the coordinates are all set. And thanks to your father’s suggestions from his day as a world-class racers, Twilight was able to input a few more good locations outside of Equestria. Think of it as your early birthday present from me to you!”

As the wholehearted stallion displays his big, toothy smile, the surprisingly silent Rainbow Dash takes a moment to contemplate upon receiving such an overwhelming gift before she responds in a flabbergasted tone, “Ford, I… I don’t know what to say…”

“Well, if you are in need of some ideas on how to show me some gratitude, I would be more than happy to give you a few suggestions in mind.” he implies with a sly smirk.

But as he is expecting said gratitude such as his wife smothering him with lots of kisses, Rainbow remains inexpressive as she aimlessly averts her eyes away from her concerning husband. So he asks softly, “Honey, are you okay?”

“S-sorry.” she apologizes coyly. “It’s just that… this is all… so sudden.”

Startled to hear such a bewildering response, he droops his head and ears as he replies dismayingly, “B-b-but… I thought you might like what I’ve planned out for you. Did I do something wrong?”

Saddened to hear such a disheartening tone from her husband, Rainbow does her best to ease his mounting worries, “No! Not at all! This trip of yours sounds really awesome! The best present I can ask for!” But her encouragement is gradually replaced with her own worries. “It’s just that… we may be gone for quite a while. How am I going to tell me friends here? What if there are… complications along way?”

Brief silence fills their bedroom due their uncomfortable uncertainties over their big surprise trip before Mustang is the first to speak up as he comforts his still unsure wife in a gentle voice, “Believe me, angel, I’ve given this a lot of thought and consulted Twilight about this first before we started making plans. That’s why we made sure to add our house and Ponyville Hospital into the necklaces’ codex first in case of emergencies. Plus, we don’t have to stay at a hotel overnight. We can always return home whenever you want to rest up or take a break.”

Then, he tenderly grasps Rainbow’s fore hooves to bring her closer as he pleads to her softly, “Please, Rainbow Dash. Let me do this for you. You been through so much since your conception, I just want to make up on how much you’ve sacrificed for our foals, especially with your restricted flying. So please, wouldn’t to share this adventure with me?”

As he lets his imploring question sink in, he locks his deeply beseeching eyes with Rainbow’s magenta orbs. From their fixed gaze on each other, she gives it some more thought as she reconsiders her hesitation earlier. And from looking into Ford’s cool, turquoise eyes for a little bit longer, she finally makes up his mind as she breaks into a trembling, joyous smile before making her response.

“Oh, how can I say ‘no’ when you make a face like that!” she remarks with a hearty chuckle.

Almost shocked to hear such an exuberant answer, he then inquires in a timid voice, “So, does that mean…?”

“Yeah, let’s go see the world together!”

And after hearing that robust reassurance, Ford gradually beams into an overjoyed, gaping smile, and he expresses his jubilant admiration by flying up to Rainbow and smothering her with lots of gratifying kisses while hugging her strongly.

“Oh thank you, Rainbow! Thank you! You’re not going to regret this, Dashie! I promise you!”

Amused by her husband’s usual sentimentality and expressive gratitude, Rainbow bears a giggling smirk as she tries to pry him away from his constant kissing, “Oh right! Take it down a notch, you romantic fool!”

And after he finally lets her go from their embrace, she lets out a mighty yawn before she recommends with a tiring smile, “Right now… I need some proper shuteye. So help me get this stuff off our bed first.”

“You got it.” he salutes with an obedient smile as he swiftly shoves the luggage, pamphlets, and other accessories off of their bed.

As Ford works on that, Rainbow then adds, “Also, for tomorrow morning, I wanna send letters to my friends and dad first before we commence our big getaway together, just so they at least know where we will be for the next month.”

“Right, of course.”

And after their bed is free of the clutter, they slide underneath the covers, give each other a goodnight kiss, and gradually succumb to their much-needed sleep. But Rainbow Dash doesn’t sleep that easily tonight. After all, she can hardly wait see what her big, strong Mustang has planned out for her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning starts off just like any other morning would at the Dash/Mustang house: waking up in each other’s forelegs, having a big breakfast, and taking a nice, steamy shower together.

And after they freshen up, Rainbow Dash goes back downstairs to the kitchen while Ford Mustang finalizes some of their packing for today’s trip. From there, she prepares her letters to her best friends and dear, old dad. Minutes later, she finishes up the last letter, which is addressed to her father, and wraps it with the specially enchanted ribbon before activating its magical seal. And thanks to its enchantment, the last written letter disappears in a puff of smoke.

With her task done, she walks back upstairs to meet up with her husband. As she walks inside the bedroom, Ford is also done with his own task as zips up his own fanny pack.

Once he notices her presence, he asks her, “So… are you all set now?”

“Yep, all set!” she confirms with a cheerful smile.

With everything taken care of this morning, Ford gives Rainbow her own fanny pack as well as one of magical necklaces for extremely long-range teleportation use.

As she puts her necklace and fanny pack on, she asks her designated tour guide with a witty smirk, “So tell me, my dear captain, what’s our first destination?”

With a cunning grin matching that with hers, Ford simply presses the globe-shaped button on his necklace and answers with sly conviction, “Las Pegasus!”

And once he releases that button, the two eager Pegasi disappear in their respective balls of light as their necklaces take them all the way to the Entertainment Capital of the World.

----------------------------------------------------------------

At "The City Where the Sky’s the Limit", Rainbow and Ford take moment to enjoy the vibrant sights from the famous Strip. With Mustang leading the way, he takes his wife to their first activity: a gondola ride at the Grand Canal. Gently down the stream and underneath the bright, blue sky, their leisurely cruise takes them down the aquamarine channel as they pass by the charming shops, hotels, and cafés. And as they cross underneath a few bridges, their friendly gondolier sings up a stirring, love song for the couple. From hearing such a beautiful voice over such a sappy melody, Rainbow blushes intensely from the over-the-top sappiness and she hides her extremely flushed face underneath her husband’s wing. With mild amusement over his flustered wife, the smiling stallion pulls her in a closer embrace as they enjoy the rest of the ride.

After eating some good, wholesome pasta for lunch at one of the Grand Canal’s nearby restaurants, they go to a big prizefight with tickets already reserved for them. This is definitely more to Rainbow’s liking as she can’t wait to see the top two contenders beat the ever-loving snot out of each other. With the first ringing of the bell, the boxer face each other at the center of the ring and begin their pummeling. With every hoof-punch and kick throw, the massive crowd cheers fanatically as Rainbow and eventually Ford jumps right into the ongoing craze.

With their excitement and adrenaline building over the course of match, the hard-hitting boxers carry on their battle ferociously. And countless rounds later, one of the hard-hitting combatants could stand no longer and makes a mighty impact on the ground. And with the fall of a defeated contender, a new champion is declared as Rainbow, Ford, and the rest of the crowd holler in overwhelming joy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For their next destination, they head to the Big Apple of Equestria, Manehatten. They start off with something simple: a walk around the city’s very own Central Park. It has a lot to offer that cannot be found in much smaller parks: botanic gardens, a zoo, there is even an outdoor, public theater where ponies can see dramatic plays for free. And while Ford admires the spirited actors on stages, the same cannot be said for Rainbow’s case as she nearly falls asleep for the most part. But at least there are other things that are more active, like trotting through the very scenic trails, boating on the park’s largest lake, and flying a kite over the ground’s expansive lawn.

For the following couple of nights, they spend each evening to see a musical on Bridleway. One particular show that Ford knows Rainbow will definitely like is a rock-and-roll musical. The story is simple enough, but everypony knows they came there to listen to its rocking soundtrack. With all of its jamming musical numbers, flashy effects, and dynamic choreography, Rainbow is certainly having a blast as she behaves just like any screeching fangirl would at a rock concert. And despite not being as expressive as his wife, Ford also enjoys the electrifying songs as they certainly remind him of the classic, catchy tunes back on Earth.

As for their final night in Manehatten, Mustang picks out their last show to see, which surprisingly shares the same title as Broadway’s variation, “The Phantom of Opera.” Admittedly, Dash is less enthusiastic to see it herself, especially if it relates to anything with opera, but for her husband’s sake, she is willing to give it a try as she hopes it wouldn’t put her to sleep before the second act. To her amazement however, the story is quite gripping and its extraordinary music is both powerful and elegant to listen to. For Ford’s case, he is certainly surprised on how similar it is to Earth’s counterpart, especially with its big musical numbers. But as he is nearly entranced when one of his favorite musical numbers plays out, he suddenly notices Rainbow’s speechless reaction to its captivating performance. From her listening to the Phantom’s sweet, angelic voice, Rainbow Dash is completely spellbound by the song’s haunting melody as she is nearly brought to tears by how truly beautiful the score really is. Not wanting to spoil the moment for her, Ford simply lets out a knowing smile as he grins with pride on picking out the perfect show to end their night in Manehatten.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Heading further out east, the couple hits Mustangia at their next vacation spot. As recommended by Rainbow’s father, Turbo Dash, the coastal city is definitely one of the best places for some fun out in the sun with its white, sandy beaches and shimmering, blue seas. But this port town isn’t just known for its lovely, oceanic scenery. It also features some magnificent architecture with its white marble houses and very colorful landmarks. Its most colorful attraction of them all is a unique park that’s filled with the most spectacular mosaic sculptures Ford has ever seen in his life. Everything around the naturalistic park is so appealing to look at as every shade of color can be found in the countless, ceramic tiles, ranging from its animal statues, smooth benches, and various murals on the floor and walls. All of these bedazzling works of art are in perfect harmony with the nature that inspired the organic creations in the first place.

From there, Rainbow and Ford has a lot of beach activities to choose from: volleyball, swimming, sand-castle building, and snorkeling. But what the eager mare really want to take part in is surfing. Truth be told, Ford is reluctant to allow surfing as he fears on how dangerous it would be for his nine-month pregnant wife. But after talking it over with some of the locals and instructors, he learns that surfing can be a leisure activity for pregnant mares, so as long as they set proper limitations for themselves. So to Rainbow Dash’s delight, Ford permits themselves to take part in some surfing, but from following the other surfers’ advice, they only limit themselves to less-crowded waters and gentler waves. Despite those limitations, Rainbow is having the time of her life as she rides out some of the nicely sized waves. Even Ford is happy to see how active his ecstatic wife is, despite her pregnancy. They even shared a surfboard to catch a magnificent wave together. And for lunch and dinner, the happy Pegasi indulges in the city’s plentiful variety of seafood.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For the next week, the married couple went to more foreign countries, but to Ford’s surprise by the amazing coincidences, some of them are quite similar to the European countries back on Earth. A most notable example is Pearis, Prance. And just like Paris, this Equestrian world has its own Eiffel Tower as well as numerous art museums to choose from.

Another example of a similar European city is Marelin, Germaney. Some of its most famous attractions are the castles to take tours at. While half of them are still occupied by their respective owners, the rest of them are quite ancient, but all of them look like they are taking straight out of fairy tales. And even though Marelin is another great place for some delicious, local food, Mustang knows of only one place that will really wet Rainbow Dash’s appetite: a grand tour at the city’s famous chocolate factory. From inside the factory, visitors are treated to the marvelous process to some of the world’s most delicious chocolate ever. To Ford's perspective, this would have been the closest thing to a visit at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Once they make their way to the expansive kitchen, Ford and Rainbow indulge in the sights and smells of the mouthwatering chocolate that are being made right before their increasingly hungry eyes. And finally, at the end of their tour, they are treated to a wide variety of chocolate to sample and enjoy. Every piece they tasted is a succulent experience on its own, ranging from creamy milk chocolate to rich dark chocolate. Satisfied to their fullest, they decide to buy a few boxes on some of their favorite flavors to indulge for a later date.

By far, the most unique country they have visited so far is Cervidas, the homeland of the deerfolk. If Ford were to make a comparison on how to describe their wide-ranging country, it shares similarities to the British Isles, especially with Ireland and Scotland due to Cervidas’ very green pastures. But there are lots of forests that occupies the deer country, which some of the cities reside there as well. As for the locals themselves, the deer are very in tune with nature in a lot of ways, whether its from their agriculture, professions, or magic. At one of their bigger cities, they host a massive festival, similar to a Renaissance fair. From there, the Pegasi took part in a lot of festive activities, such as games and workshops. But Rainbow’s favorite part in the festival is their traditional stag fights, a fighting tournament that’s like a mix of wrestling and jousting, where bucks and stags show off their antlers and engage in some fierce competition with one and another. No matter who wins in the end, Dash definitely gets herself a great amount of entertainment from the adrenaline-pumping action.

----------------------------------------------------------------

After that, they travelled to countries that are far exotic than the previous ones. Just like Saudi Arabia back on Earth, Saddle Arabia is a famous desert country, as it features some impressive landmarks like royal palaces, monuments, and pyramids. But one of its hidden treasures is a truly extraordinary piece of paradise simply called Oasis City. Once found by travelers that were lost in the endless stretch of deserts, it’s been turned into a blissful utopia as the owners take full advantage of nature’s beautiful lagoons. It’s like the spa that tops all spas as it features luxurious massages and soothing springs.

Then, they head further south to visit Zecora’s homeland, Zebrica. Like the deerfolk in Cervidas, the zebras share deep respect and care for their native land. Their devotion and hard work are paid in full as their food markets and villages are stocked with delicious fruits and vegetables. Some of them are fairly exotic based off of their strange appearances, but all of them are uniquely packed with juicy, tasty flavors. In the midst of their week in Zebrica, the couple partakes in the country's well-known safari tour as they gaze with awe at the golden savannah’s extravagant wildlife. At one village they stopped by afterwards, the zebrafolk invite the Pegasi for a big feast that evening. And from there, it becomes a full-blown party as the villagers get into full swing with their dancing that matches perfectly with the drums’ rapid beats. From the natives’ rhythmic music, the giddy Rainbow Dash feels compels to join in the fun. And while Ford is a bit shy to mingle in such fast-paced dancing at first, his wife will have none of that as she pulls him along and eventually, they gleefully dance the night away.

And finally, to end their month-long world tour, Rainbow and Ford spend their last week together in the far-off lands of Neighpon. Within the misty mountain region, the ponies stay at a magnificent resort, where they are treated to an abundance of well-prepared food, including a wide variety of sushi rolls and noodle dishes. And throughout their pampered stay, they get to bathe and relax at the inn’s exquisite outdoor hot springs. For their last night in Neighpon, they participate at the local festivities from a nearby village. And after a day’s worth of carnival games, Neighponese fair food, and theatrical shows, the festival ends the night with a spectacular fireworks show. And thanks to Ford’s heavylifting, the Pegasi gets the best seats from one of the rooftops, and they gaze with immense wonderment at the fireworks’ colorful vibrance. As they continue to watch the fireworks going off in various occurrences, Rainbow Dash sighs with a contented smile on what a fun-fulfilled vacation she’s been having since last month, and she silently expresses her gratitude by leaning her head against her husband’s neck whilst they carry on to share this wonderful evening together.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Three Weeks Remaining…
~ Early of June (41st Week) ~

After spending a leisure afternoon on their last day in Neighpon, Ford Mustang and Rainbow Dash pack up their things and prepare to make their swift departure back to Ponyville. Thanks to their magical necklaces, they instantly teleport themselves back home. With their vacation finally coming to an end, Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but breath a sigh of relief, knowing on how good it feels to be back at home. With their wings over each other, they walk together back to their cloudhouse with completely contented smiles stretched across their faces.

As they enter the outer perimeter of their home, Rainbow comments with a casual grin, “You know, after a month’s worth of trips, have to say… there really is no place like home--!”

But then, out of nowhere, their floating house literally lights up with big, neon signs and decorative lights as party cannons and whistles are fired out loud to signify the mare’s arrival. And right away, many unexpected guests step out of their hiding spots as they announce with tremendous joy.

“SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RAINBOW DASH!”

From that announcement, the guest of honor is in complete shock by the massive surprise waiting for her. As she catches her breath, she gets a better look of her surroundings. For one thing, her friends and father are all there to celebrate this momentous occasion. And not just her friends from Ponyville, but also those from out of town, including the Wonderbolts and Gilda.

The other thing is how she didn’t even notice the party that is set up before her. Considering on how early the evening is, the latest sunset has colored the sky in a pink-purple gradient as its nightly shade provided enough concealment for all of the tables, displays, and decorations. Along with the flashy signs, the place is lit up with trails of decorative lights in the shapes of lightning bolts matching that with the birthday girl’s Cutie Mark. In addition to the picnic tables and a buffet line, the outdoor setting is filled with tons of games and attractions to choose from. They even have a jumbo-sized balloon shaped like Rainbow Dash as it’s being escorted by dozens of handlers.

Once her closest friends and dad gets close enough to welcome back their favorite flyer, Rainbow Dash finishes catching her breath as she greets them with a chuckling smile, “Geez, for a second there, I thought I might go into labor here!”

“Yeesh, Rainbow! Don’t even joke like that!” Applejack scowls mildly.

Realizing that herself, Pinkie apologizes in a remorseful tone, “Oh! Sorry, Dashie! I didn’t even considered that possibility!”

“You okay, honey?” Ford asks over the concern of his wife.

“Yeah, I’m good, everypony. Really, I am.” Rainbow reassures with a lighthearted grin. “It’s going to take more than some surprise party to bring me down.” And as the gathered company are relieved by Rainbow’s soft reassurance, she starts to get emotional by all of this as she beams uncontrollably, “Still, I… I can’t believe it…! All of my friends… my dad… they’re all here!”

“Well you can thank this lovable sap of yours for suggesting this to us in the first place.” Turbo Dash states with a knowing grin as he playfully nudges his son-in-law’s shoulder.

“Oh come on, Turbo. You’re giving me too much credit.” Ford replies with a sheepish giggle while rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. “All I did was send out letters ahead of time while we spent our last vacation days in Neighpon to give you guys enough time to prepare the party once we get back home. That’s all.”

Realizing that her emotions are getting way out of hoof, Rainbow Dash rapidly shakes her head to redisplay her cool attitude, and she implies to everyone present with a very sly smirk, “Well then, are we all just going to stand here, or are we here to party?!”

With that said, everypony’s favorite disk jockey, DJ-PON-3, cues the opening music from her personal turntable, and they commence the ultimate birthday party ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout Rainbow Dash’s biggest birthday bash ever, she and her guests have one heck of a party they will never forget. Along with a buffet featuring Rainbow’s favorite treats and a colossal birthday cake, they engage in a lot of party games and other fun-filled activities in-between, including a variation of Twister, Pinatas, and a full-on dance party, courtesy of Vinyl Scratch of course.

And after a long night of cake, games, and countless presents, Rainbow Dash bids everyone goodnight, and they all go back to their respective homes while Rainbow and Ford does the same thing. A while later, Rainbow goes downstairs to fetch her husband from the living room as she lets out a very big yawn along the way.

“Ford, are you ready for bed yet or what?”

“Sorry, I’m just setting aside the photographs we’ve taken over our trip.”

Sitting on the couch, Ford examines the photos they’ve taken over the course of their month-long vacation. No doubts he’s got a lot to sort out over their photo album the next day or so. Curious by his efforts, Rainbow joins by his side and looks over the photographs herself. From her observation, she smiles alongside her husband as she looks back on all of the fond memoirs they've shared together.

“We sure made lots of good memories, didn’t we?” she comments warmly as she leans closer to her stallion.

“Yes, we did.” he agrees with a reminiscing smile.

For a couple more minutes, they silently continue to look at each of the photos as they relive those experiences in their own way. But suddenly, their silence gradually deteriorates as Mustang hears some subtle sniffles from his mare nearby. Once he turns his head to the side, he sees his wife weeping spontaneously as soft tears descend across her face.

Startled over her spontaneous crying, he addresses his worries as gently as possible, “Angel, is everything okay?”

Surprised by his soft concern, she responds in a strangely casual manner, “Y-yeah, of course. Why’d you ask?”

“You were crying.”

A bit wide-eyed by his modest testimony, she wipes some of the tears from one of her cheeks to examine the dampness herself. Thunderstruck by this, she lets out an awkward chuckle to explain her mixed feelings, “O-o-oh! Am I? I don’t know why I’m acting this way at a time like this! I’m just… so happy right now!”

Without a response to vague reaction, Ford simply bears a smile for her, and he wraps his wife with one of his wings. And in return for that comforting gesture, Rainbow places her forelegs around his neck to pull him in for a closer embrace. With their eyes lock on to each other’s, Dash is the first to speak her mind in a very tenderhearted tone.

“I love you. You know that, right?”

A bit dumbfounded by her straightforward sentimentality, he replies with a casual, earnest smile, “Of course, Rainbow Dash. I love you too--!”

“W-wait, just… hear me out for a second, Mustang.” Following up on that shaky intervention, Ford simply replies with a nod before she continues in a hesitant voice, “These past few weeks… everything you’ve done for me since last month… it’s everything I ever wanted from going on a worldwide adventure myself. But most important of all, I got to share all of these awesome moments with you, my most favorite stallion in the world. You’ve always been with me every step of the way. And that’s why… I will never stop loving you, my big, strong Mustang.”

Despite how mushy she was sounding, she felt it was necessary for her to fully express herself so her stallion will know firsthand on how much she truly loves him. Granted, her words of affection has touched the very core of his sentimental soul as he gently brings her face closer to his and offers her a soft yet affectionate kiss. From there, they hold on to that simple act of affection for a little while longer before he softly lets her go and offers his own simple words of admiration in return.

“And I will always love you, my beautiful, blue angel.”

Giddy as ever, the lovey-dovey mare pulls her stallion back in for another kiss, but this time, their kissing is taken up a notch as their hungry lips repeatedly smack and gasp in-between. From their rougher make-out session, they let out some subtle, euphoric moans as they lightly tighten their embrace in the midst of that.

And after holding on to that latest kiss for a bit longer, their ravenous lips let each other go as they take a moment to catch their breaths. From that momentary pause, the breathless mare bears a voluptuous smile as she makes a sly suggestion to her stallion.

“You know… we still have time to make some more memories before we call it a night.”

Having a good idea on what his crafty wife is up to, Ford takes caution on that alluring proposition as he inquires in a humble tone, “Y-you’re sure? I don’t want to do anything that might strain you in the end.”

“Come on, Ford. It’s still my birthday.” she implores with a chuckling grin before she readdresses herself in a seductive manner. “So let’s make this a night we’ll never forget, hmm? Or… are you trying to say that you no longer find me attractive anymore.

With her right fore hoof, the grinning mare teasingly guides it across her body, starting at her neck. With wide, fixated eyes, the spellbound stallion follows her hoof as it slowly glides downward. From her neck, it curves around her perfectly curved, 10-month pregnant belly, and then it descends toward that voluptuous flank of hers. In the midst of the smirking seductress tracing the outline on her body, Ford flusters up greatly with his wings expanding and throbbing to their limits. And after directing his speechless gaze back to Rainbow’s bedroom eyes and enticing smile, he comes up with the best response in the form of witty smirk.

“Oh, how can I say ‘no’ when you make a face like that.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, Rainbow Dash suddenly feels compelled to open her eyes in the middle of the night as she steadily rises from her bed. It’s not like she’s having trouble sleeping or anything like that; she just feels a sudden need to wake up for a brief moment. In the midst of her rousing, she looks at her still sleeping husband as he continues to maintain that goofy, satisfied smile of his since the aftermath of their passionate lovemaking earlier. Amused by the stallion’s silly expression, she leans forward to give him a soft kiss before she quietly excuses herself to get herself a proper midnight snack.

From the kitchen, she serves herself another slice of leftover birthday cake and a tall glass of milk. And even after indulging on that delicious treat as well as cleaning up her mess, she still didn’t feel like it was enough to put her back to sleep, so she decides to go outside and watch the stars.

Out on the front entrance, Rainbow takes a moment to inhale the cool, crisp air as a calm smile spreads across her face. But instead of gazing at the stars like she originally planned, her eyes are directed to the quiet town of Ponyville. And in the midst of her gazing over her favorite town, she unexpectedly feels some light tussling in her belly. And knowing full well that it can’t be her stomach since she just ate, she looks down and figures it has to the be twins make all of that commotion down there.

“Oh. Hey, little guys. I see that you two are wide awake as well, huh?” she smiles toward them as she lightly pats her occupied belly. “Sorry if I disturbed you from your slumber. Hopefully that cake would make up for that.”

In the form of an answer, she receives some more light tussles from them and she chuckles in response, “Yeah, I figure that it would.”

As she tenderly caresses her belly to give her twins some motherly comfort, she redirects her soft gaze back on her hometown, and eventually, she addresses to her unborn foals once again in a cooing tone.

“You know something? I really think the world of you two. I really do. And so does your dad and everypony else. You see, this town… it has so much to offer here. So many adventures to go on. And I can’t wait for that day when you two are born in this world of ours. Because from there, you’ll get to see it yourself on how awesome life can really be. Isn’t that right, babies?”

In response, she feels a soft kick from one of them, but is mildly disappointed to feel just one, so she teasingly scolds the other one, “Hey, I only received one kick with that response. That means you too.”

Right away, she receives another ticklish kick from within, presumingly from the other twin. And in return, Rainbow nods with a lighthearted grin, “That’s better.”

And as she continues to soothingly stroke her belly, she finishes it off with a determined promise towards them, “Just remember this… no matter what happens to me in the end… I will always love the two of you.”

Satisfied on having this private conversation with them, she lets out a soft yawn, which indicates that it’s time for her and the twins to head straight to bed. And as she turned around to head back inside, she freezes in place once she notices her husband standing at the doorway.

“Rainbow… is everything alright?” he asks worriedly.

With a comforting, contented smile, the now tired mare gives Mustang a reassuring kiss and replies in a leisurely tone, “Nothing to worry about, hon. Everything’s just fine.”

Author's Note:

In regards with the "A Day with Gilda" Chapter, there originally wasn't going to be one. Instead, Rainbow and Ford's visit to see Gilda would have been featured in the vacation montage of this chapter. I can't really remember on why I changed my mind along with the other additional chapters, but I am glad to have made that change, such as including a flashback scene revolving Gilda and Rainbow's childhood.

Now, on a different subject, I have some good news and some bad news...

The good news is that there are only 6 Chapters remaining, including the Epilogue. :raritystarry:

The bad news is that I will take a break from updating them. :raritydespair:

Now, that doesn't mean I'm not going to stop writing these chapters in the midst of this break. And once these chapters are all set, I will update each of them, one day at a time, just like I did for this story's first dozen chapters.

PreviousChapters Next