• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 4,542 Views, 158 Comments

My Little Humie: Fanfiction is Social - SwiperTheFox



Rarity's double life as the fanfiction author 'SilentRainbows' takes an odd turn as she meets a fan.

  • ...
14
 158
 4,542

Chapter Six (Shortie)

Rarity ran her hoof along the table as she gazed at her reflection in the sleek glass door. The sign welcoming patrons to the club 'Lulu's' hung out right besides the promenade in front of her. Rarity's eyes moved from her fancy white shoes up along her elegant dark blue dress to her sharp blue and black beret. She focused on detail after detail along her long, flowing dress from the refined lace ends to the smooth glittery folds to the constellations along the sides. Although the whole affair was specified as "casual-wear", "less than formal-wear", "easy wearing", and so on in post after post on PISfiction, she knew that she had to look her best.

And she felt her best. Modeling the outfit after Princess Luna herself, the deeply creative visionary that almost single-hoofedly made My Little Human possible, Rarity made something that looked more for a bride-to-be than a party-goer. Of course, I don't want to overwhelm TBH too much. I just need to impress him. I just need to make him think of me as more than a writer of online erotica. And he will.

"Excellent!" Sweetie Belle said, balancing stacks of CDs upon her back. Rarity took in her beautiful reflection in the door one more time, and she turned back towards the ballroom. Sweetie pressed a couple big knobs against the massive stereo machine. Soft white noise seeped everywhere.

"I should have hours upon hours of party-type music available right there, Sweetie," Rarity said, stepping across the huge pinkish-red expanse. She looked up at the various streamers, banners, and large tables loaded with glittery party favors. Tray after tray of treats sat atop the big white tables against the walls.

"Hours and hours is right," Sweetie remarked, hopping up atop a fancy bright white chair and running her hooves along the nice pinkish tablecloth.

"I hope that this sort of pop rock, arena rock, and power pop type mix will work," Rarity commented, her eyes inspecting every last detail of the ballroom. From the spotless floors to the dark pink lights pointed across the ceiling to everything in between, she could hardly ask for anything better. I still feel so nervous. Oh, goodness, if only I could pick a motif that was less, well, pink. Lulu, Twist, Strawberry Dawn, and the rest of that nerdy family with their big glasses and soft manes always had to have everything in pink. "Oh, well." Rarity eyed the stereo. "We have CD after CD in place, correct?"

"Okie-dokie," Sweetie replied, sliding the empty cases in to a box underneath the table. "There's pop with power type music from--" She clicked around and cycled through the upcoming songs. "It goes from The Whom? to The Kinkies to Cheap Prank to OK Stop to The Apples In Mono to Relient X to The All-Equestrian Rejects to Elvis Coltsello to Death Cart for Fillies and beyond. Diverse as anything, but still all poppy and happy."

Rarity glanced up at the clock. She hopped over to the side, brushing up right next to Sweetie. "Oh, darling, the party has already technically started. Start playing, please."

Sweetie nodded and pressed a huge red button. Bouncy guitar riffs rained down from the ceiling. Rarity wiggled in tune for a moment, smiling, yet that turned to a frown as soon as the lyrics began. She eyed her younger sister.

"Fall Out Foals? You're starting this whole party with a psuedo-punk girly-swooning group such as Fall Out Foals?" Rarity asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh-huh," Sweetie said, sliding out into the middle of the floor and kicking backwards. "Aren't they just so awesome?" She wiggled her hips and clopped her front hooves in the air. "I especially love their lead singer, that Petey fellow. He's so coy about dressing up as a girl and saying that he doesn't know if he wants to date girls or boys. Fall Out Foals forever!"

Oh, goodness, Sweetie! I'm okay with you being here, I suppose, as long as it isn't for too long. But don't dance like that. Even Twilight looks less dorky. Rarity wished that Sweetie would have hung out with Spike for more 'sleepovers'. She opened her mouth to say something, but she immediately heard the front door starting to creak. Her heart stopped. Oh, gosh! Who's going to be here first?

"First!" a stallion screamed as the doors opened up.

"Oh, dear Celestia, it's no_limit_coltcuddler," Rarity mouthed.

She watched as a tall, handsome unicorn burst through the double-doors. He slid into the middle of the floor and smiled. Her eyes locked on his smug expression as his long, yellow mane fluttered along his shoulders.

"Prince Blueblood?" Rarity asked, her mouth hanging open. She felt as if somepony had ripped out her heart and thrown it onto a chopping block. The color drained from her face, but she felt a strong, courageous voice deep inside of her telling her to stay in the moment. She looked out through the still open doors and caught glimpses of new guests coming in, and she told herself that TBH would be there to be her knight in shining armor soon. In the meantime, she could deal with Blueblood. At least, I hope I can.

To Be Continued...