• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 682 Views, 87 Comments

Bramblestar's Pony Experience - Flagstar of Flagclan



Bramblestar just became leader and died. Now he's in Equestria with no idea how to come back and a clan that needs him. Can he Get back or will he remain a pony forever?

  • ...
9
 87
 682

Chapter Four: Love and Betrayal

Author's Note:

This is my last chapter for the day. Enjoy!!! :)

Bramblestar woke up to Twilight right in his face. At first he didn’t recognize where he was, but soon the memories from the day before entered his mind.

“Why did you wake me up?” He asked with a yawn.

“You were mumbling in your sleep. Something about Spottedleaf.”

Bramblestar got up and walked to the window. Outside ponies were running about. He looked up to see the sun just rising. It seemed to be moving faster than normal.

“Why is the sun rising so fast?”

“Princess Celestia is rising the sun.” Twilight said.

Bramblestar gave her a confused look. She sighed and started to explain.

“It has been the way for generations that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who are both our alicorn rulers, must raise the sun and the moon. Celestia is in charge of the sun while Luna is in charge of the moon.”

He nodded and went back to looking out the window. A flash of pink caught his eye and he turned to see Pinkie Pie walking over to the entrance of the tree, or library as Twilight called it. She knocked on the door and then burst in. She wore something made of straw on top of her head and carried a weird object in her mouth. She smiled at the two ponies.

“Hey guys. Since Bramblestar just came here he needs to be welcomed and I think this calls for a party!” She said excitedly.

Twilight smiled while he hissed in annoyance. He didn’t know what a party was but if she was this excited about it then it must be wild. She gave him a hard stare that made him shiver. Clearly Twilight didn’t want him upsetting her friend. Pinkie Pie handed them an invitation and told them it would be held at Sugarcube Corner. Then she left, saying something about balloons and streamers as she went. Bramblestar looked at the invitation. He tried to make out the jumble of words but it made no sense.

“So how do you read?”

Twilight smiled. “Let’s go over to my book and I’ll teach you.”

After about several hours, he learned enough to read the invitation.

It said; “We have a new member in Ponyville: Bramblestar. To welcome him we are going to have a party at Sugarcube Corner. Please come and greet our new friend.”.

He was so proud of himself and so was Twilight. Suddenly he wished he could share this information with his mate, Squirrelflight. Then an idea came to him.

“Twilight, you said you could do magic right?”

She nodded. “Yeah, why?”

“I was wondering if you could make a portal so I could go home?” He asked.

She looked disappointed, but she started looking through her magic books. Finally she opened one up to a page and set it on the table.

“I can’t send you back but I can show you something from your world. It has to start off from one of your memories though.”

As her horn lit up he imagined right when Onestar killed him. Suddenly he say his dead body on the ground under the ancient oak. Onestar had a look of shock while Squirrelflight was trying to hide a smile on her face. Bramblestar gasped at the sight.

“I, I didn’t mean to kill him. Why isn’t Starclan covering the moon to punish me?” Said Onestar in a whisper.

Squirrelflight looked up at him. “If Starclan doesn’t cover the moon, then that means they wanted him dead. Finally, now I can be leader.”

Gasps filled the air at her response. Bramblestar could see no sorrow in her gaze, only pure delight. He closed his eyes and let the sight slip away until he was back in the library. Twilight gave him a sympathetic look.

“I’m so sorry Bramblestar. She shouldn’t have done that to you.” She said.

Bramblestar closed his eyes and started to weep. He thought that Squirrelflight had loved him, but turns out she just wanted to be leader.