• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 8,855 Views, 540 Comments

6 Shades of Rainbow - fimfic4ever



Twilight's latest spell goes haywire and ends up splitting Rainbow Dash into six distinct and emotionally driven ponies

  • ...
45
 540
 8,855

Lust for Apples, Joy for Gems

Five ponies huddled together behind Sugercube Corner, they shared almost identical appearance separated only by the colours of their manes and tails. The pony with green hair known to the other as ‘Mischief’, peeked round the corner looking out to the streets. She turned back round to the others and offered a cheeky grin, “lost ‘em, team dash for the win,” she giggled.

“Where the hay’s Sadness?” Anger asked, with a frown.

“Must of been a bit slow, can’t all be as fast as me,” Ego stated, puffing out her chest.

“Can we go now?” Lust asked, while checking herself out in the back window of the store. “I kind of have some plans with a certain cowpony,” she said, licking her lips.

Joy bounced around the others, wearing a huge grin, “oh my gosh she's right, we need find our friends and show them how super awesome this is. Can you imagine me and Pinkie? I’ll be all: ‘hi I’m Rainbow’s happiness’, and she’ll ‘hi I’m Pinkie Pie’, and I’ll say-”

“Will you shut up!?” Anger screamed in the mare’s face. The other ponies quickly tightened their lips and sat before Anger. She took a deep breath and calmly asked, “you girls remember the plan right?”

“Um... nope," Joy giggled

"Wait, you were talking? Couldn't hear over the screams I guess," Mischief shrugged.

"I'd be saying something similar if we could hurry this along," Lust said impatiently.

“Just listen to me... this town and her so called ‘friends’ have been holding Rainbow back far too long, and she’s not mare enough to admit it, even to herself. Since we’re free now, we need to take care of this place for her, and if I know that annoying, purple mare, we should do it quickly before they find a way to slam us together again,” Anger explained.

"What ever," Ego said as she waved a dismissive hoof, "no pony's gonna catch me, I'll be able to escape Twilight's traps in like-"

"Don't say it!" Anger interrupted.

A cheeky smirk spread across Ego's muzzle as she flared up her wings, "10 seconds flat!" She screamed before shooting away at a speed impressive even for Rainbow Dash herself to achieve.

"If she's leaving I'm leaving," Lust said, as she began to stand from her position.

"Wait we still need to-"

"See ya," Mischief called out as she left right behind Lust.

Anger eyed Joy who sat there patiently with a big, goofy grin. "Just go," she sighed. Joy squeed as quickly bounced her way more into the center of Ponyville.

"Rainbow's Loyalty couldn't have been manifested could it? No that would just be too convenient," Anger mumbled to herself.


Over on Sweet Apple Acres a certain cowpony was busy toiling away with her usual chores, completely unaware she was being watched. Applejack finished bucking the last tree in the line she was working on and wiped a few beads of sweat from her forehead.
“Should be ‘bout lunch time now,” She told herself, “maybe I’ll go check how Mac’s doing and see if he wants ta-” her train of thought was cut off by somepony clearing their throat rather loudly behind Applejack. She quickly spun around to find herself muzzle to muzzle with her friend Rainbow Dash.

“Howdy there, cowgirl” Lust whispered seductively. Applejack quickly jerked back in surprise and struggled to suppress a scream, she knew if Dash knew how much she scared her, the next few days would be filled with none stop teasing.

“Dash, what the hay are you doing?” Applejack yelled, still a little in shock.

Lust put on a hurt face Applejack could easily tell was fake, “is that anyway to greet a friend?” She teased.

Applejack sighed, “Hi Dash.”

“That’s better.”

It wasn’t until now that Applejack noticed something very different about her friend, perhaps she didn’t notice earlier because of the scare. It wasn’t just that half lidded gaze Dash was giving her, but her mane and tail had turned completely purple.

“Uh, Dash, hope ah’m not being rude in asking but… what happened to your hair?” Applejack asked.

Lust grinned proudly and began running her hoof through her hair, “you like?”

“Well we'll have ta call ya 'Purple Dash" from now on, but uh... I think ya look real good Rainbow,” she replied, a small blush creeping up her freckly cheeks.

“Looks like I’m not the only pony changing her colours,” Lust teased.

“Don’t know what yer talking ‘bout,” Applejack said as she tugged the front of her hat down to hide behind.

Lust wrapped one of her hooves around the back of Applejack’s neck, and used the other to lift Applejack muzzle so they could look into each other’s eyes. “Come on AJ, there’s no need to hide from me.”

Applejack gulped, unable to move her head away as Lust held it in place with her hoof, “w-what exactly were ya here for again?” She stammered.

“Well apparently you have a little free time on your hooves, maybe you’d like to have some fun?”

“What were ya thinking?” Applejack asked as Lust brought her muzzle forward making the ponies noses touched.

“You know me AJ… always looking for a bit of action, but for you I think we can start things a little slower.”

Applejack used one hoof to reach up to her hat and began to fan herself with it, “hoo nelly.”


Over on the other side of town at the Carousel Boutique, a certain unicorn was having a very different day to her farmer friend.

“Cancelled? How can the order be cancelled?!” Rarity Screamed.

Derpy scrunched up her nose and shifted uncomfortably on her spot just outside the enraged unicorns home, “sorry Rarity, I just deliver the mail, not control it.”

Rarity took a deep, calming breath and turned back to the mailpony, “no I’m sorry dear, I shouldn’t have gone off like that, certainly not to you.”

“It’s fine,” Derpy said, waving a dismissive hoof. “I have to deal with upset ponies all the time on the job, guess the phase ‘don’t shoot the messenger’ isn’t common knowledge in Ponyville,” She laughed. “Now if you’ll excuse me Rarity, I really should be going.”

“Oh of course, dear, let me know if there’s anything I can do to make up for my little… outburst,” Rarity said as she began to wave Derpy off. “and be careful out there.”

Derpy gave a small shrug as she gently flew away from the boutique, “when am I no-” she began before she was cut off by another pony flying into her. “I’m ok,” she called out as she got back up off the ground.

Rarity cringed a little at the crash but let out a melodramatic gasp when she noticed something off about the pony Derpy collided with. “Dash…” She began.

“Hey Rarity,” Joy yelled as she enthusiastically bounced over to Rarity.

“I hope I’m not being rude dear but… what happened to your hair?” Rarity asked, unable to take her eyes off her friends, now yellow, mane.

“Just a thing that happened earlier, isn’t it great?” Joy squeed as she bobbed her head in every direction to wave her hair around.

“This doesn’t have to do with your little crush, does it?” Rarity asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No no no no no no no,” Joy affirmed in quick succession, as she waved her hooves back and forth, “the other dash can take care of that,” she said with a smile.

“Uh huh” Rarity said, trying to figure out what Dash meant. “Anywho, would like to come in for some tea? I just received a letter stating my client cancelled her order so I guess I have some free time on my hooves.”

“Oh yeah, that would be awesome Rarity,” Joy relied as her smile grew even wider.

Rarity quickly looked Dash up and down thinking maybe she’d find something to explain her strange behavior, then she figured she should ask, “Twilight didn’t accidently fuse you with Pinkie Pie again did she?”

“Nope,” she said emphatically, “just me here, in fact you could say there’s a little less Rainbow Dash then usual” she giggled.

“Wait, what do you-” Rarity was cut off by Joy quickly dashing past her and slamming the door shut. “What the-? Rainbow Dash open the door this instant, this is my house!”

After a series of loud crashes and bangs the door swung open and Joy skipped out the door and stood before Rarity, “took care of the t for ya, also made some of that fancy mare’s coffee you like, gotta go,” Joy then quickly bounced off, heading toward the market district.

Rarity watched her strange behaving friend bounce down the road as she tried to gather her thought, “took care of the 't'? Fancy mare’s coffee?” Rarity sheepishly stepped up to her door, fearing what atrocity Dash could have left in her wake. She opened the door and gasped at what lay inside. Joy Dash had somehow attached all of Rarity furniture and machinery together to form a large ‘T’ in the middle of the room; at the bottom of it layed a small cup of what Rarity presumed was tea or ‘fancy mare’s coffee’ and a note. She picked up the note with her magic, it was written in the most hayness way Rarity had seen, but being longtime friends with Rainbow Dash, Rarity was used to the rather uncouth writing style. The message read:

Enjoy the t tea, Rarity!
P.S. tee hee, titty
-JD

Rarity let go of the note, letting it gently falling to the ground, “it really is going to be one of those days isn’t it?” She sighed. “wait a second…” she began, with a sudden realization she levitated the note once again and looked at the initials scribbled at the bottom, “JD… who’s JD?”


“I think I’ve found it,” Spike exclaimed, “it was under R for restore in Twilight’s book… probably should’ve started there in hindsight.”

“Whoopee,” Sad Dash, “I get to go back to psyche prison.”

“What’s it like in Rainbow Dash’s head anyway?” Spike asked.

“Roomy.” She relied, which caused Spike to break out in a small laughing fit.

“Hey shut up!” A voice yelled over Spike’s laugh. He immediately ceased his laughter and found himself face to face with another Dash, this one had red hair, and gave Spike a sour look, “like to laugh at Rainbow, huh?”

“Not… regularly,” Spike said as he twiddled his claws.

Anger grabbed Spike with one of her front hooves, and reared back her other one.

“Wait,” Sad Dash called out, “please don’t hurt him, he stayed and talked to me when everyone else left, he’s been nice.”

Anger eyes flicked back and forth between Sad Dash and Spike. Ultimately, She lamented and let Spike go, “fine whatever, I came to get you anyway.”

“I told you when the great dividing was happening that I didn’t want to go with you girls,” Sad said in a quiet voice.

Anger grabbed Sad by the hoof and started dragging her along, “and I told you I didn’t care. I would just let you stay here and wallow in self-pity but if they have you already it’s easier to put the rest of us together, and that’s not happening till we right some wrongs.”

“What wrongs?” Spike asked, finding himself unable to do anything else about the scene before him.

“Twilight, Applejack, all those who held Rainbow back, they’re all gonna pay,” She replied darkly.

“But they never-”

“Shut up ya overgrown lizard, before change my mind about what to do with you.”

Spike kept quiet and held tightly onto the book, feeling helpless as he watched one Dash drag another away. I’ve got to find Twilight, he thought, before something really bad happens.

Author's Note:

Well there ya go, finally posted something after like... a month :twilightoops:

This story is actual a few 'firsts' for me. First multi chapter story, first time I wrote Spike, Pinkie or AJ (I would appreciate any notes on her accent, whether you thought it was well written or if not, how it can be improved).

So what did ya think? Interesting concept? Want to see what happens next? Any feedback, be it good, bad or funny, is appreciated :twilightsmile: