• Published 6th Aug 2014
  • 664 Views, 5 Comments

Ego Trip - Fresh Cookies



This is the life of a pony who was, from every point of view imaginable, completely boring. Now, he has made himself more interesting. Travel with him through the thick and thin of his journey to find himself.

  • ...
 5
 664

Prologue - 2

Blank Slate was incredibly bored. The euphoria of leaving his mundane job had finally ended, the adrenaline finishing its course through his veins. He now had nothing to do; he could go home, but he wasn't earning enough money to keep it, nor enough money to feed him. He thought about what he could do.

I could go home, pack, and use my remaining money to travel to a place that'll take a blank flank like me... or I could have a little fun. Live off the land. Travel around, have a look-see at some places; yes, I haven't traveled in a while.

He trotted off towards home, to retrieve the one thing he truly needed, and maybe a means of transportation. He was going to be gone for a while, and that's all he knew.


He entered his small home. It was specifically built to accomodate just one pony, but still felt rather cramped. It was a dull, rather light brown, not unlike a sickly beige in color, inside and out. It had enough room in the kitchen to bake and cook a variety of foods.

He made himself the last of the food, some carrots and daisies, and sat down in his living room. It had a sofa and table, enough for him to eat comfortably without stopping to debate how he sat, where he sat, or for even sitting at all. For now, he decided to trot away from his symbolic meal and to his bedroom.

He made his way up to the bedroom, where he lay in bed for a while. Simple white pillow, with goose down inside (always goose down, geese held a special place away from his heart, soul, and otherwise caring demeanor) and a goose down comforter. He eventually got up, grabbing a white sheet and the pillow, though he removed the pillowcase and set it on top of the pillow.

He finally entered his bathroom. There was just a simple shower and toilet for him; his schedule was particularly adamant against actual baths for some odd reason -- though it could've been just the time he never had to waste on spending a relaxing hour in the bath before work. He looked at the towel (white, of course) and grabbed it. From all the books he had read, the most important lesson he had ever learned was to always bring a towel, as many a wonder came with a good, sturdy towel.

He had his last meal in his home slowly, savoring the richness of the carrots and daisies, a dish that he wouldn't be having again for a long time, if ever. He soon finished, and rose to trot to his bedroom. He grabbed a white, a black, a brown, and a blue crayon and stuffed them inside the pillowcase. He then took his trusty pen and wrote down a final note to anypony that ever cared to look at his shack.

To Whom It May Concern:

I would sell this house, but I doubt it would sell within the next year or so, if ever. The first person to come upon this note may have the house and anything left inside, though I didn't have much to begin with anyways. The key is in the third bush from the left.

I hope your home is fitting for you.

-Blank Slate

He grabbed his pillowcase, pillow, sheet, and towel, and exited the house, making sure to leave the note on the door, just in case.


He trotted, and trotted. He walked around town and took in some sights before he left. Town Hall, Downtown, even his old workplace. He decided that the edge of town would be a good place to explore. The train station, the forest, the --

Wait a minute.

I can go into the forest. Maybe my purpose lies within... the Everfree.

And so, the nopony Blank Slate entered the Everfree Forest, to begin the first part of what would become an epic story.

Author's Note:

Torture is not understood until you write a whole chapter of a story on a phone.

Also, to everybody that has read this story, I am going on a tour to France next week, so publication will be delayed, though writing shall not. There is a likelihood there will not be another chapter until the tail end of this month.

Let it be known.

Comments ( 1 )

I feel bad for you I'm typing this comment on my phone this very moment it's frusterating but hope you have fun in France good luck as alwase and can't wait for the new chapter

Login or register to comment