• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 8,011 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Hedgehog: Redux - TheOtherOne41



An incident in other universe lands the ponies with the company of Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, leading them to deal with enemies old and new.

  • ...
16
 314
 8,011

Live and Learn! (Old)

We're reaching the end folks! This is the final chapter. Hope this is a good one.
While writing this, I should warn it may be a little "anti-climactic" or "not very good for an ending" Well, in my blog post, I sort of explain why.

It was almost like everyone in Equestria stopped what they were doing. Residents of Ponyville, Canterlot, Cloudsdale and perhaps beyond all watched the same thing at once, muttering among themselves and spreading rumours about the 6 golden stars in the distance. Even Princess Celestia and Princess Luna watched as the epic battle took place.

"I should never doubt the power of something I don't know about" Celestia smirked.

"Do you think they will succeed?" Luna asked.

"There is no doubt" she replied back. "The power of friendship has beaten him twice already, so the power of friendship, and those strange emeralds will surely beat him". Luna turned to her sister.

"Do you really know nothing about those emeralds?" she asked. Celestia looked down at the ground for some odd reason.

"Well, I have heard of artefacts from other universes, but they were just rumours. The Chaos and Sol Emeralds were just 2 of them. I mean, I recall rumors of an ancient weapon known as the 'energy sword', Mostly stories." she explained. Luna turned back to the action.

"Still isn't as strange as the story of the red mushroom" Luna replied. Celestia giggled as they watched on.

Thunder, rain and lightning spewed from the sky in the Everfree Forest. Discord's chaos wrecked the general area. The sky cracked and the clouds began to stick together and flash all different colours. The trees morphed into random shapes and they floated and danced around the area as if gravity was merely optional. Discord looked in circles at the 6, blazing figures surrounding him. All of them determined and they were not going to let up, or show mercy. The power the 6 shared was unknown, yet Discord was going to seriously regret trying to unleash chaos once more, even if he had only been release for a short time. He let out another ear-shattering roar into the sky as he prepared to do battle. In response, the 6 figures flew off at lighting speeds in separate directions, up, down, and all around. Discord planted his 4 arms into the ground with an almighty crash. The ground pulsed violently as Discord seemed to 'heal' himself, or at least make him stronger.

"What is he doing?!" yelled Silver.

"He's seeping energy from the ground! They won't be able to do any real damage unless they detach his arms" replied Twilight, her mane flopping around in the rain.

Super Sonic and Super Rainbow Dash broke the sound barrier with ease as they flew into the air. Discord thrust his massive head into the air as many bat-like creatures spawned out of thin air, chasing them down.

"Oh come on, really?" asked Sonic with a sarcastic tone. Most enemies he's face can wreak cities with their attacks. To him, this seemed basic. They separated to divert the trail of enemies as they directed themselves right at one of Discord's arms. A golden streak dashed across the sky as they collided violently into an arm. Discord brought it up and screamed in pain. As he did, the pulses calmed down a little and the creatures seemed to disintegrate, though Discord was not going to let up at all. Using his chaotic powers, he threw orbs of pure chaos at them that chased them down.

"Now that's more like it!" yelled Sonic as the orb chased him down. Rainbow Dash smiled as she made a break for his head, a bright white aura surrounding her body as she blasted toward him. Discord attempted to swat her out of the sky yet she moved to fast to hit. Rainbow Dash, just inches from his head suddenly made a sharp turn upward towards to the sky as the ball of chaos continued forward, colliding into Discord's head. Being hoisted by his own petard, his head bent backward as his horns stabbed into the ground. The ground rumbled as he attempted to break free from the ground. Sonic and Rainbow Dash saw their chance and made their way for his other arm, slamming into it like a lightning bolt. Discord once more shrieked as his head dislodged from the ground and his arm flopped around in the air.

Celestia and Luna were watching very attentively as the fight wrecked on. Luna watched with a child-like fascination.

"This is amazing! They're taking him out like he was nothing!" she yelled. Celestia nodded, not taking her eyes off of them.

As Discord slowly began to recover, his face turned to slight horror as he gazed at another two characters in mid-air. His cold heart shook when the words "Chaos Spear" echoed through the air. What looked like hundreds of gold sharp spears spun and homed in on his chest. The spears felt like mild prods as they collided in him. What really hurt was Super Fluttershy and Super Shadow suddenly flying up to him, fists and hooves outstretched. The force was enough to detach a 3rd arm ad Discord flinched backward from the impact. For a massive god-like creature, he wasn't doing so well. He roared as reached out to grab Fluttershy and surprisingly, he succeeded. Golden light shone out of the gaps in his hands, yet he managed to contain her. As she attempted to break out, his hand knocked around violently left and right until she calmed down...Discord smiled cruelly as he slowly closed his hands in an attempted to crush her.

"Chaos...." was what echoed from his hands as they started to shake uncontrollably. Finally, his arms were forced open by a massive explosion. "BLAST!" she yelled. Her usually calm and quiet voice raged through the air as it echoed. Discord responded by slamming down on her with his fist, causing her to catapult down to the ground like a stalled aircraft. She crashed to the ground in an eruption of mud and debris, close by the rest of the group, all taking cover.

"Fluttershy!" screamed Applejack at the top of her lungs, thinking her friend may have come to a fatal stop...A gold stream shot back into the air as Fluttershy was not done yet. The ponies cheered loudly as their friend was practically invincible to whatever hit her.

Before Discord could launch another attack on her, 2 massive balls of fire just skimmed the side of his face. Burning Blaze and Burning Rarity floated in mid-air, gathering flames between their hands and hooves. The balls of fire got larger as they finally launched them at him a second time. Discord blocked the blasts with his arms before again launching orbs of pure chaos at them. They didn't even budge as a flaming shield enveloped them. The orbs shattered on impact, like a cloud of smoke. Blaze and Rarity shot out of the smoke and gathered speed as they flew toward him. They quickly became a ball of flames themselves as they knocked into him, dislodging his 4th arm. Discord creamed into the air as thunder and lightning stuck constantly around him, as if the sky was in a same sort of rage. The super heroes all gathered around him as he roared loudly.

"Hey, this is quite easy!" remarked Rainbow Dash. She turned to the unusually bright Shadow, his arms folded.

"It's not over just yet" he muttered.

"Man, let us dream" whispered Rainbow Dash.

"I LOVE THIS POWER!" screamed Rarity as she shot random fireballs in all directions. Blaze put her head in her palm in return. Sonic darted toward Discord, stopping inches away from his face.

"Listen up Discord! You can give up now, and we won't continue our attacks. Or would you rather have us beat you up?" he asked with confidence. Discord frowned and screamed in his face, Sonic was barely blown backwards. "...I'll take that as a no then. Suit yourself!" he replied calmly. The other heroes all blasted toward Discord's face and knocked into it. Discord felt like he had been hit by the moon at the sheer combined speed and force. The 6 shot right through him leaving a bright shining light where he was punctured. Discord covered his glowing wound desperately, as chaos energy spewed from him. This was not all, Discord began to shrink.

"He's getting smaller! Let's get him!" yelled Rainbow Dash. In rapid succession, the 6 bolted back and forth, knocking hits into him in a golden frenzy. It was like a dance as they smacked into him. He constantly shrunk as beams of energy spotlighted on the ground and the sky.

"It's over" announced Celestia with confidence. She turned to her sister, sipping out of a cup of tea. She was enjoying the 'show'. So was everyone else. Citizens of Equestria all around all 'oood' and 'aahhed' as the fight neared its climax. Even the other heroes came out of their cover as Discord seemed much less of a threat. Balls of chaos spewed from him in a desperate attempt at attacking them, but it was no use. After a few minutes of attacks, Discord was back to his regular size. The rain stopped and the world slowly turned to normal... The 6 landed gracefully on the ground, energy still radiating violently around them. Discord threw his fists around in fury.

"I WILL NOT GO DOWN THIS EASY!! I WILL-oh the heck with it, just do the final attack already" his tone suddenly changed. He could not be bothered being beat up anymore. A small target appeared on his chest. "Fire when ready" he muttered loudly. He crossed his arms and shut his eyes. For someone who was about to be defeated, he was very calm about. Led by Rainbow Dash, the 6 arranged themselves in a circle formation. The energy around them gathered up enveloping the 6 until Dash gave the final order:

"CHAAAAAAARRGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" she screamed. The 6, bolted right into Discord in a golden, flaming streak. Upon impact, a shock wave shot out of them. The blast was a spectrum of every colour under the rainbow as it formed a mushroom cloud of rainbows. The blast blew trees, debris, and everyone else backwards violently. Tails managed to battle the winds using his twin tails, only managing to hold Applejack back alongside him. Ponies in all towns and cities gazed in wonder and excitement at the Super Sonic Rainboom as it swept across the sky, before struggling against the wind. The blast even reached Celestia and Luna with the strong sudden wind blowing tea into Luna's face. Celestia giggled at her sister’s un-amused face as she wiped it off her. When the wind settled, the sky was clear as the night sky should be until the sun slowly began to rise over the horizon. Everyone recovered from the blast as they gazed at the ultimate result.

The 6 returned to normal. The ponies gazed at their hooves in wonder with Rarity attempting to replicate her flames. Everyone gathered around what was left of Discord. A small stone statue, with Discord's expression of pure horror once more. He was trapped for hopefully the final time. The group cheered for their success as the sun brightened up the sky once more....

..."So, what now?" asked Rainbow Dash.

A parade was held in Ponyville the very next day, organised by Pinkie Pie of course. Confetti rained from the sky as a marching band wandered through Ponyville's roads. Above them was a banner reading "TO OUR HEROES!! SONIC, BLAZE, SILVER, SHADOW, AMY AND TAILS!!" in crayon. Above each name were crude drawings of each of their faces done by the fillies of Ponyville. The 6 of them walked through the town, waving happily at each and everyone one of the ponies. Sonic took particular note of a grey pony with a yellow mane waving cheerfully, though her eyes didn't seem to focus on him completely. Blaze walked hand in hand with Sonic signing several notepads held by ponies and fillies alike, all clamouring for her autograph. Silver and Amy also participated in the parade, holding hands like Sonic and Blaze did. Apparently, it was Silver's idea.

Shadow watched from a rooftop as they walked past. He still didn't smile despite the almost universal praise he got. Fluttershy lay at his side.

"Why aren't you with them?" she asked softly.

"Publicity is not my thing" he replied, getting up. "I'd rather stick to the shadows" he said as he jumped off the rooftop, away from the parade. Fluttershy followed him. Flying above the parade, Tails flew happily alongside Applejack. Most ponies looked confused at Applejack being able to fly, especially the pegasus ponies in the crowd.

Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Rarity also paraded through the town. Rarity attempted to look 'glamorous' wherever she could, whenever she could. Everyone else simply smiled and waved as the crowds chanted their names loudly after another successful adventure. Rainbow Dash flew up and up to Sonic to speak with him.

"So Sonic, you gonna stick around for a while?" she asked hopefully. Sonic shot her a sly grin.

"I think I might!" he replied. Dash smiled happily. He was genuinely the closest person she knew that was like herself. Adventurous, daring and most importantly, fast. The only person she could think of that would be any closer to her would be herself.

But what were the chances of that?

...

Eggman slammed his fist constantly on the keyboard. his plan had once again, failed spectacularly. Though in his rage, he forgot another, emergency plan. He battled with himself whether he should use it. He glanced at Metal Sonic and Metal Rainbow Dash who were deactivated and immobile on a stand. His trademark evil smile returned.

"You know what they say! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!" he laughed to himself as he selected another new, more 'ambitious' plan.

INITIATE OPERATION:
TIME EATER

To be continued...

Ok, I will post a short FAQ on my blog regarding some questions you may have like, "Is that it?" and "Shouldn't it be longer?"

Comments ( 64 )

*ahem*

You know... About that ending....

OHHHHH SHIT!

"energy sword"?

"red mushroom"?

Are these references to zelda and mario? :rainbowhuh:

Either way great story! Can't wait for the sequel! :twilightsmile:

"The ponies gazed at their hands..."

Dude, correct that for "hooves" lol

i should punch you for that last line.

but still, time eater sounds familiar....like some adventure that had recently happened....

763848
Or the Energy Sword from Halo.

763848 Halo and Mario, methinks.

the time eater didn't modern sonic and classic sonic defeated him in sonic generation

Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Applejack-fan deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Applejack-fan deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Race9000 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Race9000 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Low-quality memes deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by AIRFIGHTER deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Jake8765 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Nocturne Hurakan deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by Tehpootisman deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by TheOtherOne41 deleted Jul 14th, 2013
Comment posted by UltimateHyperSonic deleted Jul 14th, 2013

Excellent! :pinkiehappy:

...That is all.

2797572
Thanks! :D
Hope you give it another go when it's re-done.

2797616 I will. :twilightsmile:

I'm enjoying it now, and if what you say is true, then I can't wait to enjoy the revamped version of this story. :pinkiesmile:

2797627
Thanks again. In the re-write, I'm hoping to fix most of the glaring issues. Mainly grammar, spelling, and the occasional plot-hole.

2974916 Glad you enjoyed the original. Be sure to come back once it's updated :D

Comment posted by Tony The Tiger deleted Aug 8th, 2013

I like ur Pic Guy

3013566 might wanna go fic that then....

3013602
Might as well. If grammar is that much of an issue DON'T READ PAST CHAPTER 11 FOR THE LOVE OF MERCY.

3013605 I ain't gonna

Also wheres knuckles?

3013611
He's not in the original version. Doubt he'll be in the re-write.

3013616 ok
:rainbowdetermined2:<<
[youtube=idGjmZkJB_Q]

3013641
Done fixing those errors btw.

3013441 Sorry I love Far cray 3 ur pic u know :pinkiecrazy::heart::derpytongue2:

3013441 and that was spawm :P

Login or register to comment