• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 8,013 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Hedgehog: Redux - TheOtherOne41



An incident in other universe lands the ponies with the company of Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, leading them to deal with enemies old and new.

  • ...
16
 314
 8,013

Turn it up! Get DOWN!

Thanks again guys. And special thanks to Guyface for proof reading this stuff. If you want a theme to go along with the fight, have this. Trust me, it works.

Ponies of all shapes and sizes looked in horror of the 3 beings speeding around Ponyville. Metal Sonic flew triumphantly above all the ponies while behind him was Sonic and Rainbow Dash, aggressively going after him. This whole event gave Sonic deja vu of his past. The first time he fought Metal Sonic like this, he was running around Stardust Speedway, a city in ruin because of Eggman, causing a bad future. Naturally, the future was restored, but Metal Sonic remained a terrible foe ever since. He didn't want that fate to befall Ponyville either. Rainbow Dash, on the other hand had never had to chase someone like Metal Sonic before.

Metal Sonic slowed down and allowed Sonic and Rainbow Dash to overtake while still keeping a steady pace. Cautiously, they looked back at him. Metal Sonic began to surround himself in a bright lightning sphere of energy and began to glow furiously. He then charged at them in a drill formation, his arms pointing outwards. As he did so, the electric field dispersed behind him as he aimed at Sonic in particular, however, Sonic was ready. He leaped into the air, curled into a ball and over Metal Sonic. Sonic landed and continued to chase after his robotic counterpart. He saw his moment and took it. Sonic again jumped into the air and in an instant, curled up and blasted towards Metal Sonic, homing directly on him. When he hit him, Metal hit the ground and skidded through the grass below, never losing momentum. Rainbow watched in awe.

"How did you do that?” she asked Sonic.

"It was an old trick I learned from long ago. It's called the homing attack!” he replied. Before Rainbow could say anything. Metal was up and flying again. Unexpectedly, he took a sharp turn to the left. Rainbow Dash made a snap decision and followed him directly, leaving Sonic suddenly alone. He stopped and looked in the direction that they flew off. He put a hand on his side and tapped his foot. He became worried about Rainbow Dash and what might happen to her, before running after them again. Rainbow Dash sped towards the robot, as it turned towards it's new threat.

"So you think you’re a big shot huh? Try me tin can!” she taunted. Metal Sonic responded by grabbing a nearby lamppost and threw it at her. Rainbow's eyes widened at this sudden attack but she remained vigilant. She rolled to the side to dodge it as Metal Sonic threw more at her, still missing her. The lampposts hit the sides of buildings and scrapped against the ground. The ponies walking down the streets were not harmed by the flying metal, but many buildings were left slightly ruined.

At that moment, a young orange filly walked outside of a shop near the center of Ponyville out by a large fountain hearing all the commotion. Her head turned to view a hoard of other ponies running away from the fight. She heard what sounded like jet engines heading her way. Despite the initial fear, she looked up to see her hero Rainbow Dash and an unfamiliar being fly right past her. The little filly suddenly felt like she was in an action movie which only she could dream of. They circled the fountain before flying into the air. Scootaloo watched in awe as the battle played out.

"Go Rainbow Dash!” she yelled out loud. Meanwhile, the recent barrage of attacks against Sonic and Rainbow Dash had slowed Metal Sonic down considerably, but didn't make him any less dangerous. He fired blasts of energy at the approaching pegesus, but to no avail. Rainbow Dash caught up to and passed by the blue robot. She stopped above him and as Metal Sonic reached her, she turned so her hind legs were facing him and delivered a powerful kick to Metal Sonic's head. The blow disorientated Metal and he began to spiral downwards toward the ground.

Rainbow watched triumphantly, but her victory was short lived as she noticed what Metal Sonic happened to be spinning toward. She noticed that a familiar filly was watching the event unfold but was too busy watching the action play out to notice the obvious danger she was in. In a blind panic, Rainbow blasted downwards to the ground. Scootaloo noticed the robot heading her way but was struck still in fear. She closed her eyes, expecting the worse, but suddenly felt like she was flying through the air at great speed. She hesitantly opened her eyes to find herself in Rainbow Dash's arms. She grabbed the small filly, tucking her under an arm and made a direct turn to fly across the ground. Metal smacked against the ground. Hard. Rainbow came to a steady halt and set Scootaloo down on the ground. "You saved me!” Scootaloo said happily. Rainbow gave her a smile.

"No problem kid, but do me a favor and get to safety? I still need to have a chat with this thing", she instructed. The little filly nodded and ran off. Rainbow turned to the cloud of dirt that surrounded where Metal Sonic had landed. He was up on his feet once more, though he did seem damaged. Sparks were flying off his chest and his eyes seemed to flicker. Rainbow prepared herself once more as Metal Sonic darted toward her. However the roles became reversed as unexpectedly, Metal Sonic was kicked to the side by a blue blur. Sonic landed on the ground as Metal tumbled onto the ground once more.

"Give up faker! You can't beat us both!” Sonic yelled triumphantly. "I mean, if you can't beat me, what makes you think you can beat us?" Metal got up, though he seemed to struggle doing so. Now even more sparks were flying out of him and one of eyes were cracked. He just stared at them. Metal Sonic began to hover once more, smoke billowing out of his engine, but he didn't attack them. He instead flew up into the air and away from the town, a small trail of smoke being let out as he did so. All was quiet in Ponyville. The silence was broken by several scared ponies leaving the safety of their houses and gathering around Rainbow Dash and Sonic, as they cheered for the heroes. Rainbow Dash and Sonic turned and grinned at each other. Sonic put a fist out toward Rainbow, which she returned, completing the brofist. Or brohoof. They then waved at the crowd with smiles on their faces. However the crowd died down, leaving only 1 person clapping slowly. Everyone turned toward the lone black figure walking through the crowd of ponies toward the two. Sonic froze as a familiar black hedgehog walked toward him.

"Well done Sonic, playing hero once more", muttered Shadow quietly. I'm impressed that you both managed to defend the town from Eggman"

"Shadow? What are you doing here?” Sonic asked quietly. Shadow closed his eyes and smirked.

"The same way you did. And now that Eggman is here, you should be looking for the Chaos Emeralds. Not playing with these silly ponies", he replied. Rainbow Dash growled angrily.

"Hey buddy, I'll happily go against you as well if you want!” she yelled aggressively. Sonic instantly turned to Rainbow.

"Uh, he's not really one you want to fight", he quietly muttered. Shadow smiled menacingly and cracked his knuckles. Rainbow remained defiant.

"Hmph! As you wish!” growled Shadow and he started to skate toward her. However, he was stopped by a yellow pony that landed in front of him out of nowhere. He stopped on the spot.

"Fluttershy? What are you doing? Get out of my way!” demanded Shadow. Fluttershy stared him down and Shadow tensed up.

"No! I will not allow you to attack my friends. I don't care if you want to prove a point, I will not allow it!” she yelled back at him. Shadow remained perfectly still as Fluttershy lectured him. He couldn't move. Her stare somehow stopped him from being aggressive.

He was almost scared.

"What are you doing?", Shadow asked quietly. "How have you stopped me from attacking? Nobody has ever done that", he admitted. Sonic watched in shock at what happened. He had never seen Shadow back down so easily. He walked up to Rainbow and whispered in her ear.

"How is she doing that?” he asked quietly.

"Fluttershy has this weird 'stare' that she can do. Somehow it makes her much more intimidating. She has taken down dragons doing this", she replied. Sonic was surprised to hear that dragons existed in this world, but compared to seeing magic, it wasn't too big a deal. Besides, he's fought worse. He turned to look at Shadow again, who was looking right at him.

"Well still, you should be looking for the emeralds. I already have one, but who knows how many the Doctor has. He did have them all when he fired that machine. So be on the lookout. Got it?", Shadow asked. Sonic just nodded. "Good, now if you'll excuse me, I have actually important things to do" and with that, Shadow skated away, potentially embarrassed. Everyone just stared in silence in his general direction. Fluttershy walked up and broke the silence.

"Sorry about that Rainbow Dash", he apologized quietly. Sonic walked up to her.

"How do you know Shadow?"

"Shadow defended me from this large bear yesterday, even though I wasn't actually in massive danger, but I digress. I promised I'd help him look for these emeralds of his. But I didn't know he was this aggressive. Oh and are you the 'Sonic' that Rarity was talking about?", she asked.

"Yeah, I am. You know I'm impressed you instantly calmed him down. I've never seen someone do that before", he said. Fluttershy felt a little flattered by this. They were interrupted by Blaze running up to them through the crowd. As she got there, Twilight appeared out of thin air, this time with Rarity at her side.

"So, did you guys get that wretched thing?", asked Rarity. Sonic and Rainbow nodded in reply.

"Sorry we couldn't help, we were helping get some ponies to safety. Luckily nopony was hurt, but a few buildings are damaged where that thing hit. Also we saw some lampposts scattered around the area. Engineer ponies are gonna be annoyed", said Twilight. "So....who is this 'Eggman' Sonic?"

"He was the crazy guy I was telling you about before. But he being here means that you’re all in trouble. If anyone sees any particularly powerful looking emeralds, bring them to me or Blaze", he announced.

"And If you see ones that look like this...", Blaze then pulled out her Sol Emerald, "Then bring them to me"

"How many emeralds are there?", asked Rainbow Dash.

"All in all, 14", replied Sonic.

"Urgh, they could be anyway where!", retorted Rarity.

"Sonic, what was Metal Sonic doing here?", asked Blaze. Sonic looked off to the distance where Metal Sonic flew off.

"I really don't know. But I hope Eggman doesn't get any more ideas..."

....

It was a bright, metallic room. Various monitors and wires surrounded the room. A large door slid open and a tall figure entered the room. He walked over to a large table. On the table were various tools and mechanisms, but at the centre of the table was a blue robot. Its eyes were black with no light in them whatsoever. One of the arms was detached from its body and at the center was a large hole with a small engine next to it. It looked like it was being repaired or upgraded. In actuallity, it was Metal Sonic in mid-repair. The man walked next to the table brushing his mustache. Eggman carefully lifted up one of the lenses on Metal Sonic's eyes. Behind them was a small chip labeled 'visual memory'. He carefully picked up the chip and placed it into a monitor. After a few seconds, the chip played a video.

It was Metal Sonic's point of view during his fight with Sonic and Rainbow Dash. Eggman skipped a part of the battle to see what happened to Metal Sonic that caused so much damage to his systems. He played the video at normal speed. On the monitor was the plain sky. The view was interrupted by a cyan blur flying past him. The blur stopped as Metal Sonic continued forward and it kicked him in the head as Metal's point of view was suddenly changed to that of the ground, spinning in circles. Eggman reversed the clip and slowed it down at the point where Metal Sonic was kicked. He saw a cyan pony and it turned, showing off its hind legs before kicking. He sped up the clip again to before Metal hit the ground. He saw a little orange pony being saved by the same cyan blur as before. He slowed down the clip to see the rainbow colored mane of the pony. Eggman had a look of contemplation on his face as he continued to watch the clip.

Once the dust cleared, Metal Sonic had looked at the cyan pony. Eggman froze the clip to get a good look at her. He studied her, before smiling evilly. he then turned toward the dismantled Metal Sonic.

"Get ready Metal Sonic. Your about to make a new friend! OHOHOHO!!", he laughed manically. before picking up various tools and getting to work on something.

Something new....

Hours passed but finally, Eggman's newest creation was ready. He stood back to admire it.

"I am your master.. recognize me..", he demanded. The creation's piercing red eyes lit up at his command. Eggman smiled evilly. "Now, nothing will stop me!"

Alarms sounded, as he looked toward a large monitor. On it were the words, 'CHAOS EMERALDS LOCATED: LOCATIONS: EVERFREE FOREST AND ERROR. "Error? Where the heck is Error-Oh, that kind of error", he spoke quietly to himself. Eggman fiddled with the controls to find the second location. Then it hit him. One of the emeralds was outside of this world. Eggman looked over to a case. Inside it were 5 gems. 3 of them were shaped like diamonds, the other 2 were rectangular.

"Well, let's see if we can fix that!", he shouted. He cycled through various menus, he appeared to be selecting co-ordinates. Then, a large image came to view. it was of a large highway in the sky, it had various twists and turns. It went up, down and all around. Eggman just smiled at his new, yet dangerous idea....

...

The sun was setting on Ponyville, yet some ponies remained hard at work, clearing debris off the ground and taping of some buildings due to damage. Among them was Applejack alongside a smaller yellowish pony with a large pink bow in its hair. Applejack was busy clearing up bricks and pieces of metal.

"Now watch yourself Applebloom, these pieces might be sharp", she said. The little filly rolled her eyes.

"I'll be fine sis", she retorted. "So anyway, what happened back here? I heard Scootaloo talking about Rainbow Dash fighting this blue thing"

"I dunno what happened exactly. It wasn't until Twilight told me that I found out. Something about a metal robot and Rainbow Dash and Sonic thought it off. After that, I decided to help out clearing up the mess"

"...Who is Sonic?"

"A hedgehog. Don't ask, because I'm not totally sure either. Everything has been weird today and I swear I saw something weird earlier", Applejack explained. Applebloom perked up.

"Oh? What did you see?", she asked.

"I saw this yellow thing flying around, it seemed to be looking for someone, but I think i was just seein' things"

"How so?"

"What ever it was, it had two tail-like things, using them to fly around like a propeller", she said calmly.

"Oh...yeah that really is weird", muttered Applebloom. The two continued to clean up in silence, though Applejack was still visibly confused. She remained puzzled about what she saw, but she put it aside to concentrate on cleaning up, pausing at a bent and broken piece of a rooftop. She sighed before slowly moving it aside. Meanwhile outside Ponyville, Sonic and Blaze were walking side by side alone together. The sun was setting in front of them.

"That was some day, wasn't it?", asked Blaze. Sonic turned to her.

"You don't say? When do you get to say 'I woke up in a world where everyone is a pony before being attacked by Metal Sonic?", he joked. Blaze giggled quietly.

"Well, I'm glad you made it out of that fight in one piece, though I had little doubt you'd emerge victorious", she replied confidently. Sonic looked at her and smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you’re ok as well", he replied. He turned to the sky. "This world is completely different to mine or yours. Aside from the ponies I mean"

"I know, but we can't admire it for long. If Eggman is here, who knows what kind of trouble this world is in" Blaze looked at the ground before turning to Sonic again. "The sunset is lovely tonight. Don't you think so?" Sonic turned to her and grinned.

"Yeah, I guess so", he smiled and they continued to walk onward. Blaze became disgruntled at something though.

"Sonic, do you feel that?"

"What?"

"The ground is moving...", she said alarmingly. At that, the ground began to shake violently. Leaves from nearby trees began to rustle and far off into the distance, a bright light was shining. Meanwhile, inside Ponyville, Twilight, Rarity and Applejack all gathered at the center. Several ponies were panicking.

"What the hoof is going on?!", shouted Applejack.

"I don't know! Earthquake maybe?!" replied Twilight in a panic. She turned to see a less than ordinary sight. Pinkie Pie was shaking along the ground with a smile on her face.

"WeEeE! tHiS iS fUn, HuH?!", she gleefully announced.

"Pinkie! This is no time for jokes!", shouted Twilight. "Come on, follow me!" Twilight ran off. Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie followed, Pinkie bouncing of course, with a smile on her face. They made a beeline to the outskirts of Ponyville. Twilight spotted Sonic and Blaze and ran up to them.

"What is going on now?!", she demanded. Sonic turned to her.

"I don't know!", Sonic replied in a panic. They all looked over at the bright light shining in the distance. They were quickly joined by two others.

"Sonic, what have you done now?!", demanded Shadow as he skidded to a halt beside him. Alongside him was Fluttershy who elegantly landed beside him. She whimpered slightly in fear of the unknown.

"Oh, right! I forgot Shadow! I have the ability to make earthquakes! SILLY ME!", shouted Sonic, dripping with sarcasm.

"Hm. Well, it's the emeralds power", he replied calmly. Sonic looked back at the light in pure fear. As the light began to glow brighter, a rainbow shot across it and stopped in front of them all. Rainbow Dash landed without saying a word. The light glowed to the point that they all shielded their eyes.

Far away at the farm, a young yellow fox sat on top of a farm house roof, looking at the same light. His twin tails waved slowly in the air. He covered his eyes from the light for a short while. Once the light died down, he looked at the result. His face froze is shock.

"You're kidding me" he uttered quietly.

Back with the group they all stared at what became of the light. The 6 ponies looked in awe. Shadow and Blaze looked in confusion. However, Sonic was in shock. He knew what it was. More than anyone.

It was a large city. Several tall skyscrapers stood tall over the sky. The originally blank land was now bright and tall. Alongside the buildings was a twisting road, which didn't look like it would function as a normal road. Helicopters also flew around the buildings. It wasn't from this world. It was from Sonic's. Despite the danger, Sonic was a little excited. Before anyone could speak, a large sign slammed into the ground in front of them. It was covered in dust. Applejack cautiously walked up to the sign, brushing off the dust. She studied it with a look of confusion. Sonic walked up to her to read it himself. Once he did, his fears were confirmed.

"Welcome everypony....", he said quietly.

"...to Speed Highway"