• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 8,013 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Hedgehog: Redux - TheOtherOne41



An incident in other universe lands the ponies with the company of Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, leading them to deal with enemies old and new.

  • ...
16
 314
 8,013

The Unknown Zone

Green grass. Green, green grass. That was the first thing he saw when he managed to force his eyes open that morning. He was in terrible pain. His legs ached and his head pounded, as if he got into the worst of fights.

That's because he did.

"Urgh....Ow, owowow...whe-where am I?"

His eyes opened fully and focused on the grass he was lying on. It looked different, but at the same time, there was nothing really peculiar about it. It was just grass, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it was that made it stand out so much. He felt like he was lying in Green Hill, where he spent his childhood, but it clearly wasn't.

He couldn't hear any water.

With some effort, the blue hedgehog moved his arm and pushed himself off of the ground, straining while he did so. He felt achy, as if he hadn't moved for a long time. The sun shone brightly into his eyes, blurring his vision. He rubbed them lightly.

Before even thinking about where he currently was, his mind ran back to what happened to him. Why was he sore? Why was he in the middle of nowhere? Unsurprisingly, his memories contained running, only this time, he was running away from something. Something large, something unstoppable, something bright, but he couldn't remember. He wasn't alone. Someone was with him. He couldn't quite remember who, but they could keep up with him. The only thing he could remember about the person, was their voice, screaming after him.

"Run! Sonic, run!"

After that, he couldn't remember anything. His mind was blank. Sonic brought his attention back to his surroundings, studying them carefully. The sky was bright blue, not a single cloud in sight. The landscape and his natural surroundings seemed...odd. Sonic couldn't think why, but they did. As far as he could tell, he was all by himself.

"Just where am I?" he thought aloud. Sonic walked slowly through the forest, looking side to side at everything he could, like someone who hadn't been outside for years. In the distance, he spotted a very dense town. He could see life among the buildings, but one detail caught Sonic off guard. Everyone walked on all fours. He wasn't in a human world anymore. They were all different colors and sizes, some laughing together, others just minding their own business. If Sonic's arrival was violent (which it felt like it was) wouldn't someone notice?

With a location to investigate, Sonic started to run. He wasn't breaking any speed records, just jogging.

One his way, he began to think again. What was he going to find? Was it a regular town he had never seen? Was he on another alien planet? Worst case scenario, he was in Blaze's universe. Again. He never explored her world, so it seemed plausible. Sonic was still a fair distance from the town, but he could see more. He spotted a massive fancy structure and a home built into a tree. Sonic's eyes were so fixated on what was ahead of him, that he failed to notice a pink creature bounce into his path until he was right next to it.

"Hi!" it gleefully squeaked. Sonic yelped in fright and tripped over his own foot, falling to the ground. The creature side-stepped him so he didn't knock it down. His heart beat furiously. He wasn't sure if it was the running or the fright that did it. The fall didn't help his aches either. Lying on the ground, he tilted his head up to face what had interrupted his run.

The 'being' was actually, to Sonic's surprise, a pink pony with an equally bright pink mane, which could only be described as being 'everywhere'. She had bright blue eyes, wide with excitement with an innocent, friendly smile to boot. It bounced happily toward Sonic. He moved a few space back as he had no idea what it wanted. it seemed harmless enough.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you!", she spoke cheerfully. "I'm Pinkie Pie! What's your name?" Sonic was baffled. How could anyone simply talk to a complete stranger they knew for literally less that 20 seconds? Little did he know, it was what she did best. Sonic grinned before answering her question, her head inches from his face.

"I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog", he replied with a smile. His proclamation was cut short by Pinkie giggling to herself.

"That's siiilllly! You're not a hedgehog! You're as tall as I am! You run on two feet! You're blue!" she giggled. Sonic wasn't entirely surprised to hear this. It wasn't the first time someone would say something like this to him. Despite her disbelief of him, Pinkie still smiled happily. Sonic couldn't help but smile as well. He liked her already.

"Sorry to sound weird, but where exactly am I?", Sonic asked. Pinkie again began to giggle.

"Silly you, how could you not know?! You're in Equestria! Right over there is Ponyvillie!" she explained, pointing toward the town. Sonic let the names run through his mind, but he had nothing. He wasn't in his world anymore. He was somewhere else...Somewhere new to explore. He wondered if he was alone in "Equestria", but his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Pinkie Pie who was studying him literally inches from his face.

"Oh! You should really go see Twilight! She'll be interested to see someone like you! Oh! But not nearly as interested as Fluttershy! She loves animals and-"

"Look", Sonic cut in, before his brain became filled with random names, "Can I see someone who might be able to help me out or tell me where I am? As in, in conjunction to everywhere else?" Pinkie titled her head slightly before smiling again.

"I'm gonna guess Twilight is the pony for you! Follow me!" She said proudly, bouncing gleefully toward the town, making audible bouncing noises. Sonic briefly wondered how she was doing that. He had no idea where he was or how he got there, but he knew one thing for certain. Pinkie Pie amused him.

A few minutes earlier

"And so the speed of sound amounts to 340 meters per second. Meh, that kind of knowledge is child's play." Twilight put down yet another book. She felt like studying physics. Only she could ever feel like studying. It was a very quiet day for once. Applejack was busy on the farm, Fluttershy was with her animal friends, Rainbow Dash was somewhere in the air, Rarity was working on outfits and Pinkie Pie was...somewhere. Probably planning a party. The reason? She didn't need one. It was going to be a quiet day to herself. Nothing important was going to happen...

All of a sudden, fate knocked at the door, probably due to Twilight tempting it. It was a colorful flurry of knocks in a tune. It was plainly obvious who it was.

"Come in Pinkie!"

"Hi Twilight!"

"Hey Pinkie, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just planning a surprise party for Dashie", she gleefully replied.

"Go figure. Any particular reason?"

"This is the 5th day in a row she has kept the skies clear! I thought she needed a nice surprise as thanks!" she squealed. She pulled out a random party blower from thin air and blew it, making Twilight jump.

"Ah! Please give me a warning before you do that. You could scare someone! Anyway I doubt that-...hey, what's that in the distance?" She said, drawn to the window. Pinkie Pie joined her as they gazed far beyond Ponyvillie. A blue figure stood far away, looking bewildered. "Eh, it's probably just some pony off for a walk", she dismissed it. Pinkie Pie however, was very curious.

"I'm gonna check it out! It could be fun!"

"If you are, please don't disturb whoever it might be if they are just walking", Twilight warned. Pinkie happily nodded her head and sped out of the door. There went her quiet day.

Present time

Yet another tuneful knock on the door. This time it was much faster and much louder. Pinkie was obviously excited.

"TWILIGHT! OPEN UP, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU!!", she shouted through the door.

"I told you, I'm a hedgehog. Hedgehog.", a male voice quietly spoke.

"Ok, Pinkie, I'll open the door", and she did just that. "I hope you didn't find anything dangerous-what on Earth is that?" she quietly spoke, staring at the blue creature standing next to a smiling Pinkie Pie.

"Well, hello to you too", replied Sonic the Hedgehog with a sly grin.