• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 3,006 Views, 19 Comments

Misinterpreted Signs - Fifty Shades of Yellow



You're a fellow named Anon, taking a walk one day to a friends house. She's helped you for the past four years, and has always been by your side. As you're taking a walk to her house, you spend the time to remember what happened back

  • ...
5
 19
 3,006

Part 1: The New Kid

Today is a Saturday afternoon. It's a warm 76 degrees out here in the nice summer. A calm breeze heads for your face as you're strolling down the outskirts of town, heading to Fluttershy's house. She's such a nice girl. Ever since you came here, people gave you a snotty attitude and didn't wanted to be involved with anything.


The first day, wherever you sat down, a bench, in class, a lunch table, the bleachers, there would be an empty space around you. After the first week, there was no improvement. It was just a bunch of harsh insults. They may not have been vulgar, but they were still effective. "Weirdo." "Freaking fresh meat, over here!" "Look at this freak." "Check out the F.N.G." Occasionally, when lunchtime happened, you would head outside and sit beside the statue and cry. But one day, everything changed.

From the opposite side of the statue was someone else crying. You stopped and make sure you weren't loosing your mind. It was definitely coming from the other side. You stand up, and went around the statue to find a girl. Curled up and laying against the statue with her backpack between her arms. From what you can tell, she had a curly Amaranth pink hair and Lemon chiffon skin. Her weeps were dainty and subtle. You decided to speak up.
"Hello?"

The girl stopped and slowly looked at you. She was no older, or younger than you. Her only response was big Teal blue eyes gazing at you, along with a flow of tears escaping them.
"Are... are you OK?"
The girl sniffled and wiped her face with her right hand.

"Y-yes, I feel better now."
"Why are you here?"
For eight minutes that felt like hours, she told you her time at this school. Somewhere in the middle of it, you sat down right beside her. She didn't move or tried to scoot away from you. She just continued on with her story. It was very detailed and sounded so much like your experience for the past couple of days.

"All just because I'm a Freshman!"

She goes back to sobbing, and her hair starts to cover her face as she does this. You brush her hair to the side of her head with your right hand.

"Hey, you're not the only one that went through that. You don't have to be alone anymore."

Without warning, she lunges to your waist and hugs you. You're arms are in the air from her sudden embrace.

"Please... don't leave me..." She softly whispers.

You lower your arms and let your right hand stroke her hair.
"I never will."

Afterwards, your right arm rests on the side of her. She doesn't even move or cringe on this. You look down and see her with closed eyes and a small smile. A small feeling grew inside of you, along with a smile growing on your own face. Quietude ran on for twenty minutes. The only thing to break the silence was the bell to signal that lunch time was over. As it did, you gently shake her arm a little, just to realize she was sleeping.
"Hey, come on now, we have to head for class."

A mellow yawn is sounded, along with her arms stretching. They just missed from hitting your face.

"Oh, right. I should head off."

You get up and stretch a little. Once you were done, you reach out your arm and let off an open palm to pick her up. She grabs your hand, and you give a small tug to get her standing. It was a little too much and she lands on your chest. She looks up and you noticed a small blushing on her cheeks.

"Oh,I'msosorry,Ididn'tmeanto."

Give out a small chuckle before you say something.
"It's fine. I guess I don't even know my own strength."

She chuckles and looks up to you. Oddly, she does this for a while. Just, gazing in your eyes. You decided to speak up.
"Uh, shouldn't we head to class before we're late?"

Her pupils shrink and dart around.

"Oh, right."

She then gets off of you and she reaches down to her backpack. You do the same, and go for your things right beside hers. Both of you have your stuff and look at each other for a while. Again, there's that sense of silence, that a tumbleweed actually goes by the left side of you. How in the middle of town, you may never know. You clear your throat, ready to say something.

"I'm sorry that I bothered you, and-"

"Nono! It's fine. I'm actually happy that you've found me." She quickly, yet calmly replies.

You rub the back of your neck as you're prepared to say what's next.
"I never got the chance to introduce myself, or know your name. I'm Anonymous, or Anon, for an easier way to remember me."

Her face starts to go from blushing to a strong flush.

"I-I'm Fluttershy. Thank you for listening and staying here with me. I... I want you to have my number. Just so that I could have a friend to talk to." As she says this, she rummages through her backpack as she says this.

Woah, first a total stranger and now you have a girls number. Not to mention your first friend. Todaywasagoodday.mp3. A sound of a paper being teared out gets you out of your thinking state. You look at her, she's quivering as she is holding out a piece of pater. Slowly reach out and take the paper from her hands. She raises her backpack and hides behind it.
"Don't worry, I'll call you after school, and see on how was your day, OK? Here, I'll send a text message right now, just to make sure."

As you're saying this, you grab out your MePhone, punch in the number, send a simple test message saying "Hi" and send. You see her backpack then vibrates in the front pocket. Her backpack lowers to show that her eyes are lightened up with a confident smile.

"That... sounds nice."

The final bell is sounded, indicating that you're now tardy.
"Crud, I really should go-"

Something grabs you by the arm.

"What's the hurry? Anyways' we both have the same class."

Turn around and see Fluttershy grabbing your arm with both of her hands. She see's you noticing it and retracts her arms.

"Yeah, but I wanted to have a perfect attendance this year."

"Don't worry. I wanted that as well. But, there's still a chance at the "Best Attendance Award" at the end of the school year!"

You look up to her, having some hope building up.
"Really?"

She nods at high speeds. You laugh a little, and stop it by resting a hand on her head.
"Come on, we better go."

"A-alright."

Once you've entered class, you and Fluttershy were excused, since of being new and such. As you were taking your seat, you saw Fluttershy still there, talking to the teacher. Once their discussion was over, the teacher looked at your classmate.

"Norman, I'm sorry to inform you this, but your seat is now in the back." The teacher calls out.

"Aww, come on! This was my spot first!" Your seating "buddy" yells out in unison.

"Norman, please sit in the back, or I will have to send you to Principle Celestia's office, instead."

Norman huffs and stands up.

"Whatever. The front is for nerds anyways." He just shrugs, grabs his stuff, and walks away.

Fluttershy takes the seat moments later he leaves. You turn around and see Norman sitting next to Flash Sentry in the way back. Flash is a cool guy, weirdly enough, he doesn't have a girlfriend. No wonder you've never noticed Fluttershy beforehand. She really was off from where anyone could see her.

"Alright class, settle down. Ignore Norman's remark, and lets continue to reading Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

Oh well, back to- Fluttershy sits there, having a big smile and waving her left hand at you. You give back a wave, but a little more slower and short of enthusiasm. Finish off the waving and turn back to see the board with the page numbers to read for today. OK, pages 8 to 15 for today, and what isn't read by then is homework, shouldn't be too- As you look down on your book, you see a folded piece of paper right at the bottom of it. Huh. Weird, the classmate to your right is absent for today, so that means... Another folded paper slips by you. You saw that it was swiped from your left. Look over to see Flutters holding a pen, along with an open notebook with the paper crap sticking around the ring.

She just has a sheepish smile with eyes swaying at you, and the neatly folded papers. You turn back and cautiously open up the first one.

"Anon, do you want to hang out with me after school? If that is fine with you."

Open up your folder, and put that inside. Now, you open up the second one. What is written on it just has an address, along with clear instructions of her schedule. This gives you a disturbing feeling. But you shake it off in your head, and put this one in the folder before your teacher sees it. Back to reading.

Half of class is over with and you're really crunching on the story. It's alright, but then again, it is only the first few pages. Only a couple more, and no homework tonight! As you're turning to the next page, you feel something vibrate in your pants. You must've gotten a text message. Ignore it and go back to- It vibrates again. Set the book down and discreetly pull out your phone. 2 new text messages. They're from Fluttershy.

The first reads: "So? Able to do it?"

Follow up is: "I really don't do much after school."

Look over to Flutters and see her typing on her phone. She then puts it away in her binder on the desk. Feel your phone vibrate once again.

New message: "Usually, I go to the animal shelter after school, but it's not open on Thursday's."

You type back.
"I guess I could hang out."

Send.

Slide the phone back in you pocket and go back to reading. Just starting the next page and your phone judders in your pocket. When you leave your book on the table, it leaves out a small clang sound. Reach in your pocket and look at your phone.

New fucking message: "OMG! Really? Where should we go?"

Another message right after reading that one.

"I mean, it's your pick, if that's fine with you."

You think for a while before texting. Possibly your place, but it is pretty messy. Maybe just walk around the town, see what's going on. Or stop by her house and just chill for a while. Some good options, but so little time. Look up to see the professor, who is on the computer. She's probably surfing around for some new shoes, or retarded videos. Or worse, 12chan. Focus back to your phone and think of where to go. Her place doesn't sound too bad. You test that you can head to her place later on and send the text.

"Ahem."

Look up and spot the teacher directly in front of you with crossed arms. The only thing that is shielding you, is the table.

"Come on, now. Give it here."

You sigh, knowing this is a battle you can't win. Leave the phone on the table and let her take it away.

"You'll get this back at the end of class."

Grab you book back.

"And as punishment, you have to read the rest of Scene 3 and give out a paragraph on what you've read by tomorrow."

Fucking Ass... Continue reading for a few more pages, literally crunching every last bit of information. Just as you're on page 22, another note slides by. Look off to your friend and see her with a guilty ridden face. Open it up.

"I'm so sorry about your phone, but I did get your message. I'm more than happy to have a guest over. Just tell me when you're able to do so."

You would be enraged about what happened. But, knowing her already, you decided to drop the anger and write down a small message before Mrs. Jerkweed gets a hold of this one as well.
"Just after school and a couple of hours. You know how much homework I have right now."

Slide it back when the teacher isn't looking and finish off reading the page. The paper is almost tossed back immediately. There's writing on the top.

"Wonderful! If you want you can do your homework at my place. There's not much that I do at home. And it does get a little lonely."

You think to yourself about this. If she has a hard time at school... God knows it must be a living nightmare at her home. And besides, your home isn't exactly study-proof. Computer, TV with cable, along with a PlayBox 32. These are the things that you always run into, once you cross inside your pad. May have an -sightly- above intelligence, But that doesn't mean that you're still a teenager. That being though, it's probably best to stay over for a while. To finish this damn report. You would feel bad about taking advantage of using Fluttershy's house as a sanctuary. Then again, she did get your ass in this situation. You're sure she wouldn't mind. Discreetly slide the paper inside your folder. Look over to Flutters and nod. She squees a little, but it's not that loud. How cute. Go back to facing your book and-

*RIIIIIIIIIING*

"Alright, class dismissed. Head for your next one, and I'll see you all tomorrow!"

Leave a bookmark on your page and see the number before you close it. Page 24 Shit. Another four more pages and then you can write that small report. Ah, oh well. Pick up your stuff and put it in your backpack. Turn to your left and noticed Fluttershy's seat is empty. Huh, shes quick, and awfully quiet.

"Anon!"

Turn around and see her at the doorway, waiving.

"I'll see you after school!" She cheerfully says and then runs off.

Let out a sigh, strap your backpack on and head for the door.

"Mr. Mous."

You turn around to see the teacher.
"Hmm?"

She holds out your phone.
"Ah, right."

Walk over to her and grasp it.

"Just... at least try to keep it hidden next time." She jokingly says.
She now has a small simper on her lips.
"I'll do my best, Mrs. Cheerilee."

She then lets go, and continued back to her computer. You take it into a good grip and slid it back into your pocket. Also, getting a small glimpse at her monitor. Yup, you were right. She was looking at some new pumps. Women.

Head off to your next class, Algebra. Not too bad. Simple numbers and such. Head for your desk and just went away. You've never found it difficult. Just went on formulas and how they function. It's like connect the dots... only for geeks. Not much to think about for today. Open up your book to page 57 and work on slopes. This shit's too basic, at least, to you. Crunch down on learning them and head for the classwork. It's not much of a challenge. Now, the homework. Look at it, and scoff. None of it is like the classwork. Way too simile. Blaze through the homework, without intense thinking. So, for the time being, you think about today. About Fluttershy.

She seems to be a great girl so far. Only, too great. She seemed pretty strong about some certain things. Perhaps you are her ONLY friend. She is really diffident from all the girls you've met throughout middle school, and the week you've been here. And she possibly lost whatever her friends from transferring to this school. Damn, that has to be rough. It's a good thing that you transferred to this city from Manehatten. That place was just piss bad. Mainly, it wasn't because of the poverty that was going down, but also the community. So many gossip girls, judgmental dickheads, and big time tramps. Not really an ideal place for a developing young adult.

Thank god you convinced your parents to transfer here. Took all summer too, but it was worth it. Only downside, is that you're all alone. Mom and dad couldn't be here, for their stationary jobs. And all your relatives are all at their own locations, and are having the same issue, or they just declined. They are very stable, and actually gives off a great income. So, they saved the money for your college fund, until now. It's used for keeping your ass into a better school. Which will then take you to college. They fell for that, like salmon heading for freshly picked bait. But yeah, in a small town, with no one familiar to watch you. This is a great way to prove that you're able to handle yourself.

From the first day of being into this new town to today, you're just full of fear, cloaked in confidence and courage. But, in someway, it's worth it. Have your own bedtime, use your own credit card to buy -most- things, and best of all, walk around your apartment, NAKED! Only sacrifice, is no one watching you, or any old friends that will be with you. But who cares, most of the people you knew just gave you a tough time. Pretty much, almost as bad as here. But, that will chance soon enough. You're new here. So right now, life is bliss.

*RIIIIIIIIIING*

Snap out of your past and look at the board, which is partially blocked by a sea of hormone running teens. Class ended, may as well leave before you might get locked inside school. Shove everything inside your backpack and rush to the door. Since you won't need the Algebra book, along with some other shitty paperwork, it's best to head for you locker and dump that stuff. Find the corridor that leads to your locker and open it. Dump what isn't homework inside and close your locker.

"So, who's your friend?"

Turn to your right and see Norman laying against the wall. He has that smug face on him. Not a good sign.

"Just someone who's going through rough times, that's all."

"You sure you're not just going to score?"
"What?"

"You've heard me. Going out for a cute girl and she's already clinging to you on the second week. You've got moves man, and I like that."

What is this tunnel snake implying?
"Dude, we're just friends. Not much."

"Don't hide it from me. Just tell me that you're in this to get laid."

Is this faggot serious?
"I'm just her friend, what else?"

He scoffs and shakes his head.

"Right, "friends." More like "Friends With Benefits." Admit that, and I'll leave you alone."

Friends With- what the fuck us up with this guy.

"Hey, Norman, just leave him alone."

It's coming from the right of you. Look over and see Flash Sentry.

"Not now, just trying to get this kids plan." Norman stiflingly speaks out.

"If he was planning this, he would've told you a long time ago. Just leave him alone."

Norman backs away and walks off, beaming a stiff glare at you.

"Sorry about him. Dude's just trying to get the dirt on people." The spiked blue haired guy says.

Yeah, no shit. Who where you just talking to? A plant?

"So I've seen you around and never had the chance to talk. The names Flash."

He reaches out his arm, along with his hand prepared for a handshake.
"Anon."

You firmly grasp it and shake along his pace. Damn, his grip is matched with yours.

"Hey, if you need to hang out, just look for me."
"Alright, sounds good."

"Cool, listen I need to head out, I don't want to be late for practice."
"You play sports?"

Flash's other arm lifts up a guitar case.
"Oh."

"Yeah. Later, man." His other arm reaches back out and shows a fist.
"Later."

You fist bump it with a smile.He gives one back and walks down the hallway.

Slip on your backpack and head outside. Wow, already making some friends. Some shit needed to happen, but it's nothing that you could've handled. Slip out your folder and get- You left the folder inside the locker when you were dumping your shit inside. Head back to the doors, only to realize they're locked. Randomly knock on the door and yell.
"HEY! I FORGOT SOMETHING!"

It opens to reveal a janitor with a white mustache, extended belly, and a blank face.
"Thank you."

Run inside and head to your locker, only to barely hear the janitors word.

"Eeyup."

Your efforts on making time of your asset is against you. There it is! As your locker comes into plain view, you didn't have a thought of stopping.
"Oh, no, no, no, NO!"

And a loud, metallic slam echo's the deserted halls.
"Auugh."

Slowly slide down it and feel a small pain on your right arm. Look at it and see a big bruise. That must've taken the full impact. It could have been your face, so be lucky. Get back up, try your combination on the locker and it opens. Yes! Now just need to grab the-
"Agh! Fucking shit, that hurts."

Maybe using your right arm is a bad idea for the rest of the day. Reach out with your left arm and grab the folder with all of the notes from Fluttershy. Take out the paper with her address and use your other arm to grab out your phone. It hurts, but you're not ready to let down your friend. Unlock and open up Backrub maps. Look at Fluttershy's address. It's... in the outskirts of town? Weird. Insert it anyway and let the phone calculate its directions. Set the phone down and put everything else in your backpack. Slap it on your back, grab your phone and head back outside.

Ah, fresh air.

"Turn left, into, Garson Avenue, walk down, for 30 minutes, then head down, into Larson Drive."

Look at your phone and see that it's a straight shot outside of town.

Alright, lets see on where this goes. Head down the sidewalk and make way down Garson Avenue. See that there is only a few teenagers around the side walk, only they're all in a crowd. Ignore them, but quickly see on who they were. One seemed like a stylist with a curly violet hair style. Another was wearing a country hat, with what you can tell was a country-style voice. The third was some energetic girl, with Pink all over her. And the last one seemed like a tomboy wearing overalls. Yet, you're not too sure. Then again, she has that long, Rainbow-like hair. Whatever, it's best not to bother them. Yet, you trip over something and fall down. Right onto your damaged arm.

Being this clutzy in just less than half an hour? Thank goodness you landed with your left hand. It didn't take much damage, but a few scrapes on the palm of it. You can get over it. Shit's been worse before, but that's another time. Turn over and see the four girls looking at you. The tomboy tries to hold back from laughing. The country girl nudges her side.

"What- oh."

"You alrighty there?" Says the pink one, now inches from your face.
"Yeah, just fine."

"So sorry for our friends behavior. She can barely tame herself." Coming from the one who sounds like from an upper-class family.

"Yeah... sorry there." Grumbles their sky-blue friend.

An orange hand reaches out to you. You take the offer and are pulled back up.

"A'm sorry for the rough introduction. A'm Applejack. This here's Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie."

Each of them have their own waiving technique.

"So, what's yer name, stranger?"
"Anon, just call me Anon."

One of them snickers. Spot that it's Rainbow Dash doing it.

"Sorry, just... pfft. That just sounded funny."

"Rainbow is somewhat correct. It does sound a little ludicrous."

You sigh a little.
"My full name is Anon Y. Mous."

Dash laughs and falls back.

"Oh- oh crap! Someone call an ambulance."

Your name might be ridiculous, but you never thought it would be enough to get someone to laugh on their ass.

"Come on, Dashie! Remember on how you were last week?" Pinkie Pie almost yells.

Dash stops her laughing and rolling. She gets up and looks down.

"We have each other, and if we didn't all of us would be like Nonny here." The pink one states out.

You inhale deeply and stare at the ground in shame.

"Whoppse. Sorry about that."
"It's fine, I'll patch through it."

"List'n, if you need people to hang around with, you can go with us." Applejack comfortingly states.

Most of them nod. Only one that did not follow was Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow, whadd'ya say?"

Dash just crosses her arms and scowls a little.

"Are you sure we should allow this loser with us?"

That's it, that pisses on a wizard. It was fine from being called that from the higher grades. From someone in your own grade level? Now she just really fucked herself over.
"Hey! You were no different from me, so what makes you the leader to call who is and who's not a loser?"

She's about to say something, but holds it back and just sighs.

"You're right. Sorry about that. Truce."

She reaches out her arm to you. OK, why all the hand grabbing today? Fuck it, just meet their demands and shake it. You do so, and sense that her grasp is weaker than yours. Just lay back on the grip. After it's over, she rubs her hand a little.
"Heh, sorry."

Shit, you really need to check your power level.

"Hey! Wanna come with us to hang out? There's video games, food, candy stores. ItWillBeSOMuchFun!" Pinkie Pie merrily speaks.

You put your hands back in your pockets and think. Only to have it interrupted by your phone. Shit, you just remembered you need to head off to Fluttershy's home.
"I really want to, but, I need to head for a friends house."

As you say this, pull out your phone and wave a little.

"Oh, we'll just leave you our numbers and we'll call you if something happens."

As Pinkie says this, she yanks the phone and types away like an accountant shot with coffee in their veins.

"Hey I-"
"Here you go!"
She gives you the phone back and you look at the screen. "You" sended a group message to four numbers, with names already printed on them. The message just says "Hiya!" This girl really has an ability.

"We won' bother you anymore, we'll see ya tomorrow, Anon." Applejack says in a friendly tone.

"It's been a pleasure to meet you." Rarity gracefully says.

"See ya later." Rainbow speaks in a better tone.

"ICan'tWaitToMetWithYouAgain!" Pinkie blazingly speaks out.

They leave off some space, and you walk through it. Turn back around and see them waving off to you. You wave back, with your phone at hand. With that done, you continue walking while looking at your phone. Open up Backrub Maps again and set the destination again.

"Continue on, estimated time, is, 47, minutes." Your phone instructs you.

This is going to be a long walk.