• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 1,287 Views, 16 Comments

How I Feel. - TheGreatEater



Drunkenly wrote this just now. Well not now, but from 9:15 to 9:45 so that counts. This is a cute little, VinylXTavi Fic. In it Vinyl tells Tavi how she really feels, and comes to terms with what might happen the next morning.

  • ...
6
 16
 1,287

From the Heart

Vinyl sat down her bottle of Apple Jack’d Whiskey and looked over at the mountain of crumbled paper. Some were notes, others parts of songs. The most recent one almost had the feel she was going for but still felt inadequate.

I want to tell you how I feel,
because the feeling is so real.
But the words never come,
They never start.
So I crack a smile,
and ask you to stay a while.
But you never do and
the pain is so real.

And I just want to say I love you.

“Crap! Damn it, why is it so hard just to tell that mare what I want to say? You know what Mr. Paper, muse pony? Buck you with a pogo-stick sideways, and go suck on a horse feather! I’ll just … just *sighs*,” Vinyl’s anger her figment of her imagination faded as she took a deep breath, and another opened bottle of Apple Jack’d Whiskey, “I’ll just say it straight,” She said while picking up another pen and a blank piece of paper.

Hey Octi, Tavi, Tavs …

I can’t believe how hard it is to say something, and this is hard for me to do, so please read all of it before throwing it away. Sweet Luna’s teets I can’t believe I’m finally writing this.

So yeah, I love you. THERE I said it! I’ve known you since forever. Well not forever, more like 10 years, ever since Pricnness Celestia’s School For Gifted Unicorns and her school for Gifted Earth Ponies had that mixer for musicians. I was my usual self, and you were all kinds of perfect. I mean eversince you came into my life you’ve given me the best memories of my life. You’re so refined, and nice, and dead honest. Seriously it’s like you drink bottled perfection every day or something. Or would that be you are a bottle of perfection every doay? I wonder what that’d taste liek? Waht a tic, I needs me a drink of something …

And baks. So as I was saying, you are so perfect, and awesome. And I know that things can’t happen between us because you’re 1,000,000% awesome, and I’m well … I’m me. I know that I don’t say the right things, or I try to hide my insecuriteis behind being ego-something, egonomic? egoicicle? egonomtistical? Something like that, but yeah. You’ve always accepted me ,and I swear you see through me sometimes. But you still like me as a pony.

I guess what this bal of tardis-ness is trying to say is that I love you. I love you more than all the booze in Equestria, more than my Vinyl collection. Heck I even love you more than all the Nutella that was, is, or ever will be made. And if you can see it in your heart to give me a chance I’ll do everything in my power to make you the happiest mare in the world/

Wubs and Luvs,

VS

Looking at the mess of a letter she placed in an envelope, and before she could second guess herself. Placed it in the mailbox to be delivered to Octavia. As she got back to the mess that was her creativity room she plopped down with a grunt and looked at the mess that formed a veritable sea of paper. With little mountainous islands that piled up and spilled out into the rest of the mess.

“Well I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow. Other than cursing Princess Celestia for raising the sun, or whoever invented hangovers. Seriously that griffon needs to be smacked, because no loving pony would invent something so evil. Although my mom said Princess Celestia made the sun, but I don’t buy that. Who’d want to make a giant murderball in the sky. That and Unicorns rose the sun first, the Princess just does it cooler.”

***

Just as Vinyl predicted she woke up with a killer hangover made worse by the sun blaring into her eyes, “Somepony turn out the sun! It’s trying to eat my brains!”

Flopping off of her futon she stumbled onto the floor of her bedroom. She recalled that she drunkenly wrote a confession to Octavia, feeling equal bits dread and horror. She rushed to the mailbox hoping that it was still here. And to her utter disappointment was gone. In its place was a brick of papers that at the moment didn’t mean anything more than she had sealed her fate, and possible doom. Remembering that the sun was evil, ran back inside to put on her snazzy goggle-shades, before heading to the bathroom to take a nice relaxing bubble bath.

As she rest in the pool of bubbles she talked to herself, “Well what’s the worst that can happen Viny? Other than outright rejection. Or her thinking I’m pulling a prank on her and laughing in my face. Or possibly hat … nah, she knows plenty fillyfoolers and she’s friends with them. Yeah she might be one of those who’re holding out for a stallion, and by Celestia’s Sugar Bearded Cake she could get one without a problem. But she wouldn’t hate me. Thank the princesses for small miracles. Maybe I should just move to the Griffon Empire for a few months till things cool down? I can’t do that either, I got to many fans who need the wubs to feed their soul.”

As she monologued, she sank deeper and deeper into the bubbly goodness of her bubble bath until she just stopped talking and submerged herself into the water. As the comfort overcame her she had but a simple thought, What will be, will be. I’ll just leave this in fate’s hooves.

***two days later***

Octavia looked at the letter before her for what felt like the hundredth time. She had known Vinyl for ages, and it sounded like drunken Vinyl. But she didn't know what to think about it. On one hoof, Vinyl was an adventure when ever she was around. Surely nothing boring ever happened near her. She also had the amazing talent to make the mundane amazing. Just like a foal on its first Hearth's Warming Day.

But on the other hoof. It was that child like quality that could at times be off putting. Just as that amazement, and sense of wonder made her lack stability. Something that Octavia felt more comfortable around. But on the third hoof, that spontaneity was just what she needed to get her out of one funk or another. Setting her head onto the table looking at the note before her, and an empty one needed for her response she took a deep breath and said, "I need a drink to help me think of a proper response."

Author's Note:

Thank Luna for alcohol, and bless Twilight for GDocs correcting software. Otherwise this fic would've been 30% massive grammar errors. I hope y'all enjoyed this as much as I did writing it. Couldn't find the right pic so I chose one at random. The fic was inspired by the little ditty in the opening. Was rattling around my head with a little rock, guitar riff sounding in the background. And thinking on it, Vinyl popped up, and then I just made the story in my head from there. Then I just had to write it down.

So yeah, comments, critiques, what have you. If you want to that is ^_^.

Comments ( 14 )

uhh... Octavia loves or not Vinyl back? :rainbowhuh:

:heart: This is sooooo cute :heart:
I-I mean ,masculine, tuff, football :twilightangry2:
I'm giving it a thumb up ;-)

4796886

I remember that I left the ending vague since Octavia feels emotionally conflicted. As for what she'd say after a few drinks ... I leave that up to the audience to decide. On one hoof adventure, spontaneity, and a love of life. On the other, lack of stability, childishness, and Impulsiveness. Third hoof was of course that it might not be that bad of a thing. So ... :derpyderp1::derpyderp2::derpyderp1::derpyderp2:. Poor Tavi has some thinking to do.


4796932

Yes, manly stuffs like Hoofball and Griffon Gladiator Battles. Or the Bear Calvary.

Thanks for the thumbs up, and I agree, this was a cute fic. Love VinyXTavi, they are so fun to read / write.

So I crack a smile,
and ask you to say a while.

stay

And I just want want to say I love you.

one want only

Well not forever, more like 10 years, ever since Pricnness Celestia’s School

Princess

I wonder what that’d taste liek?

like "e" and "k" flipped

Waht a tic, I needs me a drink of something …

Wait?(i think)

And baks

backs or I'm back(i wonder if it was you or Vinyl)

egonomic? egoicicle? egonomtistical?

ergonomic( intended to provide optimum comfort and to avoid stress or injury.) egoicicle isn't a word:twilightangry2:egotistical(excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered)

As she monologued, she sang deeper and deeper into the bubbly goodness of her bubble bath

sank and monologued isn't a word in the dictionary but it is now

What will be will be. I’ll just leave this in fate’s hooves.

Will it be

b]

I guess what this bal of tardis-ness

love this part:pinkiehappy:

Dear Sweet Luna! that was hard to do *huff huff* thanks Sweetie belle for the assist on correcting:pinkiesick: oh my luna...*pausing/buffering* Okay im good
Its still a great story:pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy:

4802535

The first two corrections did. As well as changed sang to sank.

The letter I left unedited, since it was a drunkenly written, drunk letter. From our very lovely Vinyl Scratch, to Tavi. But now that I'm sober I can attest to a few things.

Waht was Wait.

She was trying to say egotistical, which I think I was thinking at the time her not knowing how to spell or pronounce the word [kind of like Dashie] would've been funny. Thus every word but the right one, and yes, Egoicicle isn't a word. Poor, poor, Vinyl.

As for Baks [Or "I'll be back"] was a mixture of both of us. Both me and my character.
______________

As for "What will be, will be". I know I read that somewhere in the Looking For Group webcomic, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was in the fic. [need to put that comma inbetween be and will. Thanks for pointing that out.

___________________

Seriously both you and Sweetie Belle are awesome. Thank you for pointing those things out, and thanks for helping get the song right [can't believe I over looked that bit]. And I'm glad you liked the story :twilightsheepish:. For your hard work, you and Sweetie Belle deserve a cookie.

4802703
nom nom nom mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rainbowwild::rainbowwild:
thanks for the cookie(me and Sweetie split it)

More. Now. Chapter 2. NOW!.....Please?



Awesome cute and kinda funny. Definitely needs MORE.

4808993

No promises. Someday if I get inspired to do an epilogue, or add a chapter. I'll add a little something, but at the moment, I can't think of anything to add to it.

4809014 Well then, I guess I shall wait patiently and hope inspiration hits you.:applecry:

4802535

Why I don't turn on my computer when I'm drunk. :rainbowlaugh:

4891704
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
exactly...:ajbemused: then I come along:pinkiecrazy:

4891704

To be fair, this turned out a whole lot better than I thought it would when I woke up the next day.


4892688

Yes you did. And you were full of win and awesomesauce :yay:.


4892760
Thanks you deserve a hug

Login or register to comment