• Published 27th Sep 2014
  • 588 Views, 14 Comments

When hearts soar. - NeonShadow



Rainbow Dash is trying to understand her feelings for her friends after a game of truth or dare.

  • ...
10
 14
 588

Slumber Party 101

Rainbow Dash spent the afternoon in her kitchen, casually preparing appetizers for the evening’s events. While there, she picked up some lettuce, carrots, and some ranch dip. She even picked up some crackers and cheese for the event, as well as a bottle of wine.

She picked up the tray she had been preparing in one hoof, and a bowl of apples in her other hoof, as she tried to walk into her living room, balancing on her hind legs. Luckily for her, the living room had been cleaned and the fluffy cloud couches moved, making movement a bit easier. Earlier, Dash had stopped by Twilight's library and asked her to cast the spell she had used at the young flyers competition that allowed ponies to walk on clouds.

CRACK!

Dash almost dropped the tray and bowl she was holding as a loud crack of lightning followed by thunder shook the sky and her house. She gently placed the tray and bowl on the single side table in the center of the room. Her friends should be arriving any minute. Although, she wouldn't be surprised if they were a few minutes late, considering the giant storm the weather crew had put together.

Her ears perked up when the doorbell rang. She rushed over to the door and opened it in a hurry, not wanting to keep her guests waiting. Pinkie Pie was hopping up and down and her curly pink mane was bouncing in the wind, and Fluttershy was cowering behind her mane. They both had sleeping bags in their mouths and a small saddle bag on their backs. Pinkie's sleeping bag was two shades of pink with pictures of her cutie mark all over it. Fluttershy's sleeping bag was a light pink with darker pink butterflies all over it.

"Hiya Dashie! We're here!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed while still holding the bag in her mouth.

Fluttershy gingerly put her sleeping down before speaking. "Hi Rainbow, I hope we're not intruding," she said with a small smile on her face.

Rainbow Dash smiled. "Hey guys! Pinks. Flutters. Come on in!" Dash said as she stepped out of the doorway, extending a hoof to welcome them in. Fluttershy picked up her bag and came in first, followed by Pinkie Pie, who bounced through the door. Just as Dash was about to close the door, she suddenly heard an “Ahem!” Dash quickly turned around and looked to see that Rarity, Twilight and Applejack had showed up. Dash quickly opened the door again and smiled at her other three friends.

"Why were ya tryin ta close the door on us?" Applejack joked while smiling. The four mares shared a laugh as they walked in. Rarity came in first, followed by Applejack, then Twilight. Applejack's sleeping bag was orange with red apples on it. Twilight's sleeping bag was lavender with purple stars on it. And Rarity's…

"Uh, Rares? Where's your sleeping bag?" Dash asked, a confused look on her face. Rarity scoffed and, using her magic, made a couch thingy appear. "Did you seriously think that I was going to sleep on the ground?" Rarity asked while rolling her eyes.

"Anyways… make yourselves at home!” Dash said as she opened up her arms in a welcoming gesture. ”We’ll sleep out here tonight." The other five ponies nodded and laid out their sleeping bags and pillows next to each other, around the single table in the middle of the room. After they had finished setting up, they all sat on top of their sleeping bags and started chatting.

"So,” Rarity said as she looked around at the others with a sparkle in her eye. “Who has a crush, and if so, who's the special somepony?" Rarity asked, trying to press their conversation to stallions. Everypony’s eyes shot wide open. They all immediately began looking back at Rarity as if she had just eaten a snail. "What?” She exclaimed. ”We are best friends after all… And best friends should know each other's crushes and secrets." Rarity said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I guess?" Twilight answered, her voice sounding half unsure.

"Okay, I'll go first! I have a crush on… Fancypants!" Rarity practically squealed, which was very unladylike.

"Ooh ooh! I like Cheese Sandwich!" Pinkie Pie shouted as she jumped in the air a bit.

"I-I guess I kinda like… well, I actually don't like anypony." Twilight lied. She had a crush, she just didn't want to say.

"Ah kinda like that Carmal fella." Applejack said.

"I-I like… Big Mac…" Fluttershy squeaked, barely audible. Applejack was the only one shocked by this. Everypony else shared giggles at Applejack's face. Applejack noticed them giggling and smiling at her.

"What's everypony looking at?" Applejack asked, obviously dumbfounded.

"Nothing." They all replied in unison. Applejack just rolled her eyes.

"So, who do ya like, Dash?" Applejack asked, smirking a bit. Dash instantly stopped smiling as her eyes shot wide open. The other ponies shared some giggles.

"Well, who is it?" Rarity asked suspiciously. "You obviously like someone the way you reacted when Applejack asked you."

"I-I… don't! Um… l-like anypony… a-at all… I-I mean me? Y-you know I h-hate romance guys…” Dash blurted out in a panic.

"Mmmhmm…" All the ponies mumbled. At the very least, Dash was relieved that she wasn't being pushed further.

"Anyways… let’s play Truth or Dare." Twilight suggested.

"Yes! Let's do it!" Pinkie squealed. The other mares nodded in agreement.

"So who's gonna go first?" Fluttershy asked.

"I will." Rarity said emphatically. "Fluttershy? Truth… or Dare?" she asked.

"Um… truth." She squeaked out.

"Hmmm… if you could marry Big Mac… would you?" Rarity asked with a smirk on her lips. Fluttershy hid behind her mane and blushed.

"Y-yes…" She answered quietly. The mares giggled and smiled.

"Okay Fluttershy, your turn." Dash said.

"Oh um… Applejack… truth or dare?" Fluttershy asked.

"Hmm… Dare."

"Um… I dare you to… um…" She giggled slightly as she thought of the perfect thing. "I dare you to…" She walked over to Applejack and whispered the dare into her ear. The color in Applejack's face went away right after hearing the dare, and her eyes were wide, looking as though she had just seen a ghost.

"Y-you’re serious?" Applejack asked while looking up at Fluttershy. Fluttershy simply nodded. "O-okay…" Applejack said before moving over to Twilight and bowing before her. All the other mares looked just as confused as Twilight. Applejack cleared her throat, looked up at Twilight, and grabbed one of her hooves.

Twilight gasped and blushed, not sure if she should pull away, tell Applejack to stop, or just leave it be.

"M-mah love f-fer ya… is l-like…"Applejack had to take a deep breath before continuing. A bright red blush appeared on her face.

Twilight's blush grew even brighter, as she was seriously thinking about pulling away from Applejack. Did Applejack have too much wine?

"Diarrhea…" She blurted out. "A-ah jus c-can't h-hold… it i-in." As soon as Applejack finished the sentence, she released Twilight's hoof and ran to her sleeping bag, hiding her beet red face. Everypony broke out in laughter except Applejack and Twilight, who just kept on blushing.

"AJ? Your turn." Pinkie practically yelled. Applejack didn't emerge from her… den. She just spoke from under her sleeping bag.

"Rarity? Truth or Dare?" Applejack asked.

"Hmm… Truth."

"Is it true that you’re a virgin?" Applejack asked snickering under her sleeping bag.

"Uh… n-no… it's not true…” Rarity admitted blushing. A few ooohhh's and snickers could be heard around the circle of friends. Rarity smiled sheepishly and started blushing even more. If you listened closely, you could hear Applejack chuckling from under her sleeping bag.

"Your turn, Rarity! Pinkie squealed.

"Alright, then. Pinkie? Truth or Dare?" Rarity asked.

"Um… both!" Pinkie answer with a big smile on her face.

"Um, you can't do both, Pinkie." Twilight answered.

"Awwww… fine. Dare!” Pinkie answered.

"Um… I dare you to…” Rarity walked over to Dash and whispered something in her ear.

"Sure Rare." Was Dash's only reply.

"Okay Pinkie I dare you to chug this whole thing as fast as you can." Rarity said as she lifted up the wine bottle.

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" Pinkie said, grabbing the bottle and popping open the lid. She looked at her friends for a bit. "Who's gonna time me?"

"I will." Dash said. Pinkie immediately started chugging the bottle. All her friends were watching intensely. Dash was counting in her mind as Pinkie continued to chug the drink down. Pinkie finally finished the drink and slammed the bottle onto the side table.

"15 seconds! Holy crap, Pinkie!" Dash shouted.

"A-are you drunk now?" Fluttershy asked timidly. A few laughs and chuckles could be heard around the room.

"Flutters, it takes more than one bottle of wine to get drunk. For most ponies anyways." Dash chuckled.

"Ooh ooh! My turn!" Pinkie shouted, rushing back over to her sleeping bag and sliding into it.

"Hmm…" Pinkie thought hard for a moment. "Dashie. Truth or Dare?”

"Dare. Duh." Dash said while rolling her eyes a bit.

"Oooh… I dare you to kiss…”

Author's Note:

Next chapter will be posted within the next week! Hope you enjoyed!

Comments ( 12 )

How far do you plan on taking this story?

5061968
2 or 3 more chapters.

I know it's a story about Rainbow Dash, but you need to pace your writing.

5062514
Could you give me some suggestions?

5062530
There is a rapid back and forth between the mane 6. They show up and are already through talking about colts and well into truth and dare in less than 1300 ish words. That is discounting the amount of scene set up time that is going into the chapter. There are limited reactions to some of the stuff being said. Rarity saying that she is not a virgin. Rainbow over reacting and they just let it go. No pony pestering Twilight into divulging her crush. It feels like rapid fire dialogue. I worry about that a lot in my writing, and I just want to be helpful. Not trying to offend you.

Some of the stuff is funny like Applejack's dare. (:facehoof: I have a fancy degree and I still like potty humor.)

5062581
Well thanks! I'll try to use that in the future and maybe in this chapter!

wow, seems interesting! will read soon

One question. Since It's already been hinted that this is Twidash, I'm thinking Pinkie's dare is going to steer away from that? Or am I just mistaken?:rainbowhuh:

5063188
I guess you'll havta wait!

5068762
Well I got it edited by a friend and proofread by another.

5069564
5068762 Don't worry dude, I got that covered. I just finished editing the first chapter today, so when it's reuploaded, the first chapter should have all the grammar errors fixed.

Login or register to comment