• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 3,287 Views, 170 Comments

Bring Me the Heads of the Cutie Mark Crusaders! - CCC



Tirek has won; three alicorns lie in Tartarus, and the Element-bearers are tied to his throne. But some ponies still fight on...

  • ...
8
 170
 3,287

Defenestration

“Surely you can't mean this?” asked Discord. “How could giving Twilight a rusty knife possibly be of any use to you?”

“It would amuse me,” replied Tirek, “to see one of these... friendly... ponies mutilate a former friend.”

“But she couldn't, even if she wanted.” objected Discord. “I'm taller than her, I have better reach, and more hands. I could get the knife away from her before she could seriously hurt me with it.”

“And if you do that,” said Tirek, “if you take the knife away or injure her in any way that prevents her from defenestrating you, then I will make you regret it.”

“But I helped you!” objected Discord. “Why are you punishing me?”

“If I rewarded you,” said Tirek, “you'd use the reward to break out and betray me. Besides,” he added with a malicious grin, “I'm not the one who will be punishing you for that. The purple princess is.”

“But you're preventing me from stopping her from cutting my eyes out!” wailed Discord.

“Oh, I didn't say that.” said Tirek, his grin widening. He snapped his fingers, and the ropes holding Twilight and Discord to his throne suddenly grew a lot longer. “You can run,” said Tirek, “as long as your ropes allow. And you've got until she catches you to talk her out of it.”

“But I've never seen her as angry as she is now!” complained Discord, as Shining Armour trotted in with the handle of a rusty knife in his mouth.

“That's your fault.” said Tirek. He took the knife from Shining Armour, and handed it to Twilight. “Thank you, guard captain. You may leave.”

Only when Shining had left did he remove the silence spells from the ponies.

“Well, then,” said Tirek, looking down at Twilight. “You have your opportunity now, purple pony. Will you take it, I wonder?”

Twilight growled, stepping away from Tirek and towards Discord. Since her back was to Tirek and he couldn't see her eyes, she took the opportunity to give Discord a reassuring wink.

“Now, listen,” said Discord, backing away, “I'm pretty sure you haven't thought this through. I mean, I wouldn't be much use to anypony if I were defenestrated, would I?”

The knife in her mouth made talking difficult, but Twilight managed to growl something that sounded vaguely like “Daring Do”. She stepped around to one side, forcing Discord to start moving around Tirek's throne to keep away from her..

“Yes, I know about Daring Do.” said Discord. “She was just here. But, listen... everypony saw me helping Tirek earlier. If I'm blind, I won't be able to find anypony who would help me across the street. But you're an alicorn princess – everypony would help you across the street. You'd have a much easier time with defenestration than I would. Why don't you give me the knife, and I'll defenestrate you?”

Tirek burst into laughter at the sheer audacity of Discord's proposal, almost falling off his throne.

“Manehatten cousin.” said Twilight, speaking quickly. “She could do it.”

“Exactly!” said Discord, quickly. He'd completed a full revolution around the throne by now, and it was clear that Twilight planned to keep forcing him around the throne until the remaining unwound length of rope was too short for Discord to escape. “Your cousin could help you cross the street!”

Tirek stopped laughing and stared. “She's actually considering it?” he asked. “This... friendship... must be more insidious than I'd thought!”

“Besides,” continued Discord, glancing at Scorpan's amulet, “if you ever needed a place to stay, well, you'd have a key. I wouldn't have a key, I'd have to sleep out in the open. I still think you should be the one defenestrated.”

“You deserve it.” growled Twilight.

“Oh, so it's all about that, now, is it?” asked Discord. “Just because you gave up your magic to save your friends, and I gave up some information to save my friend, you think you're less deserving of defenestration than I am?”

Twilight growled.

“Trust me when I say that you are far, far more deserving of this than I am.” said Discord. He stopped backing away around the throne, and tried to dodge to the side instead; but Twilight had the knife in front of him, blocking his path, before he could take more than a single step. Then she twisted aside and attempted to stab Discord, once, twice; but a simple twist of his snakelike body, and Discord evaded both strikes.

Twilight glanced, briefly, at the large stained glass window directly behind Discord (the one showing Twilight's ascension to alicorn); and then, quite suddenly, spun around and gave him a good, two-legged buck. Somehow, despite the ease with which Discord had dodged her previous attacks, he didn't seem to dodge this one at all; he flew back, smashing into and through the window in a shower of glass.

The rope, looped around Tirek's throne, wasn't quite long enough to allow Discord to hit the ground; instead, he swung into the palace wall, hanging uncomfortable a mere few feet above the ground, but stretching the rope taut. As Tirek, suddenly worried, stood up from said throne, Twilight lowered her head to the tightly-pulled rope and sliced through it with a single swipe of the sharp but rusty knife.

There was a thump from outside, as if of a body hitting the ground.

Tirek pulled the knife away from Twilight with his magic, and stepped forward to look out of the window. He was just in time to see the tuft at the end of Discord's tail vanish into a nearby manhole.

He turned away from the window. And he was very clearly displeased.

“Guard captain!” he called.

Shining Armour limped in “Yes, sir?” he asked.

“Shining!” said Twilight, quickly. “Rememb-”

With a snap of his fingers, Tirek threw silence spells over all his remaining prisoners.

“Guard captain.” rumbled Tirek, angrily. “There is a dragonequus loose in the Canterlot sewer system. Go, take your men, find Discord wherever he flees and bring him back.”

“Yes, sir.” Shining Armour saluted, turned around, and limped out to go hunting for Discord.

Tirek levitated Twilight up in front of his face. “Removal via a window.” he said. “Not removal of a window. I don't know how you could possibly still think of Discord as your friend after he betrayed you twice, but I am going to make you regret that.”

Twilight glared defiantly up at Tirek, but didn't say a word.

And Tirek suddenly put two and two together. “He... didn't betray you a second time, did he? Discord lied to me.” He spun around, and hurried to the throne room door. “Guard Captain!” he called out. “I have new orders for you. The Cutie Mark Crusaders are not headquartered in Manehatten. Separate the Guard into groups, leaving only a skeleton staff at the castle. Search every other major city in Equestria. Including Canterlot. Wherever Celestia's elites are hiding, find them, and I will reduce their miserable headquarters to molten slag! Ignore Discord for the moment. Without his magic, he's no longer a threat in any case.”