• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 5,512 Views, 114 Comments

The Humans Return - Synthetic Soul



The human race was thought to be extinct a long time ago. But now they will return.

  • ...
45
 114
 5,512

5. Announcement

Celestia trotted down the halls of her palace, guards standing at attention along the walls. Hovering low at her side in her magical grasp was a basket, containing the human infant. As she walked, she thought of the different ways she would tell her subjects about the newest resident, and royal family member.

Her thoughts ended, when she reached the double doors leading to the balcony. Celestia stopped, and stood before the doors. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, steadying her thoughts. Once she was ready, she opened the doors, and walked through. She kept the basket low to the floor, keeping it hidden.

Celestia could hear the cheers of her subjects as she stood over them. As she requested, there were guards separating the crowd from the castle, just in case they didn’t take the news about a human living in Equestria well. Celestia took a moment, and then addressed her subjects.

“My Little Ponies, today I have a very important announcement to make.” Celestia gazed over her subjects, and then continued. “Legend tells of an ancient race that existed long ago. One of incredible power, and ferocity. But long ago these beings, the humans, disappeared leaving nothing but their monuments, and structures.”

She could see the ponies discussing, and talking amongst themselves, wondering why the Princess was talking about a long dead race. Celestia looked down to the child, who was awake, but sitting quietly, and then returned her attention to crowd.

“I am here to tell you that some time ago, archaeologists discovered an old human temple, untouched for years.” The ponies once again started talking amongst themselves, only louder this time. “It was in the antechamber of that temple that the elements of harmony and I discovered this.” With that, Celestia used her magic to levitate Apollo out of the basket, and raised him so everypony could see him. The child started to squirm, and get fussy, but Celestia kept him there.

“This is a human infant!” The ponies all gasped in response, their conversing becoming louder. “And as of yesterday, I have made him my son!” This caused uproar from the ponies, and soon enough, Celestia could hear their outcries.

“That thing is a monster!”

“It must be destroyed!”

“Kill it!”

Having enough of this, Celestia returned the baby to its cradle, and put a silencing spell over it to protect it from what she was about to do. Celestia then used the Royal Canterlot Voice to project her message.

“ENOUGH!” The citizens all went silent after that, allowing the Princess to speak in an un-amplified voice. “I understand your concern. I myself felt the same way just a few days ago. But the fact is, this is a child, an infant. And like a baby pony, he has the potential to grow up to be bad. But he also has the potential to be good!”

“The fact is, this child, Apollo Brightstar, is now a member of the royal family, and will be treated as such. He is now your prince, and if anypony means to harm him, that pony will be punished…. My Little Ponies put your faith in me. I will see to it, that this child grows up to be an honorable, just prince. Of that, you have my word.” With that, Celestia turned, with the basket in her magic, and walked back through the doors. As they closed, they cut off the sounds of the ponies’ displeasure.


Celestia had closed the day court for the rest of the day, deciding to take some personal time to herself and her new human child. She currently sat in the dinning room, feeding Apollo a bottle of milk, with her sister Luna sitting next to her.

“The announcement was…well, it could have gone worse,” said Luna in an attempt to appear optimistic.

“Well, they didn’t full on riot, so that’s a plus. Still I’d feel a bit better about adopting this child if the public didn’t want him destroyed.”

“They’ll come around eventually. And so will you. Just give it time. He’ll grow on you,” said Luna with a smile, as she rested her hoof on Celestia’s wither.

“I hope you’re right Lulu. I just hope I can make enough time for him, what with my duties and all.”

“Don’t worry. You have me, plus an entire castle to aid you.” Celestia smiled, and looked to her sister.

“You’re right. Thank you Luna.” A few moments later, the comfortable silence that the two had been enjoying was interrupted by the doors to the dinning room being slammed open, to reveal none other than an angry Prince Blueblood. Once his eyes gazed upon the child, he let his anger fly.

“Well, I had to see it to believe it, but it looks like the commoners anger was well placed! I cannot believe you would-would allow a filthy beast like that into the castle!”

“Good morning nephew,” said Celestia with her eyes closed, taking a sip from her teacup.

“Auntie Celestia, how could you allow a human into the castle? That monster must be DESTROYED!”

“You would have me destroy an infant?” questioned Celestia.

“It may look innocent now, but if we allow it to grow up, it will become a monster!”

“He wouldn’t be the only one,” muttered Celestia under her breath.

“Nephew, I know from personal experience that the potential for good, or evil, is present in all beings. Humans may have a bad record, but I believe that if raised by good ponies, this child will become an upstanding individual,” said Luna.

“The thing is a monster! I am telling you, if you allow this vile beast to live, you will regret it!” Celestia closed her eyes, let out a calm breath, and then opened her eyes again.

“Luna, please take Apollo to another room.”

“Of course sister, said Luna as she took the child in her magic, and proceeded to leave the room. Once she was gone, Celestia addressed her nephew.

“Nephew, I understand your discomfort. I myself have had human phobias in the past. But looking at that child, I do not see a monster; I see an infant, one that has the potential for greatness, if we just push him in the right direction. Now I don’t expect you to be happy about this, but I do expect that you respect him as a member of this family, and as my son. Do you understand?”

“But Auntie-“

“Do you understand?” Blueblood bit his tongue, and sighed.

“Yes Auntie,” said Blueblood with a dejected tone.

“Good.” With that, Blueblood turned, and left the room, leaving Celestia alone.


Once Blueblood found himself alone, he let his frustrations fly.

“Damn that beast! I cannot believe Aunt Celestia would take that creature in as her son, and a prince! I am the ONLY prince of Equestria! I was here first! And I will be damned if that monster is higher in line for the throne than me!” And with that, Blueblood stormed off, back to his room.

Comments ( 11 )

I want to see little Apollo as a baby humiliate Blueblood somehow.

Can you make the chapters a little longer?

I want to see little Apollo as a baby humiliate Blueblood somehow.

Blueblood is a total bitch in every fanfic.

6382833 Actually I've seen good Blueblood fics as well as bad and fics that have him basically making a gold digger (Rarity) hate his guts on purpose

I swear if Blueballs does ANYTHING to that baby:twilightangry2::flutterrage:

BOOMY GET MY MINIGUN READY!!!!! Just in case blueballs does something he will regret

yeah i want blueblood to try to attack/destroy the baby when nopony is aroud but the baby kicks his flank and is stopped by celestia before he kills blueblood!

Comment posted by T-bone deleted Jun 24th, 2017

And I though after reading the 120 Days of Blueblood he couldnt get any worse!

man that was great i need more haha love it:moustache:

Login or register to comment