• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 702 Views, 37 Comments

Trixie Lulamoon, the Multiversal Explorer! - Gol D Colt



Trixie Lulamoon, multiversal explorer, travels through parallel universes on a mission from Princess Twilight to explore them.

  • ...
4
 37
 702

Prologue

“Alright then, Miss Lulamoon. One last check up before you are ready for your first debriefing from Princess Twilight Sparkle,” said a grey unicorn stallion in a lab coat.

“Trixie doesn't need anymore check ups. She was training for two whole years already. Trixie is ready,” huffed the azure unicorn mare while rolling her eyes. Trixie Lulamoon, once a showmare, decided that it paid better to work under Princess Twilight's newest project than desperately trying to bring viewers back to see her now disgraced shows. And after finding out what this project was about in her long and difficult training, she decided that she would prefer sleeping in the streets.

The doctor meanwhile looked at Trixie with a deadpan expression. “Miss Lulamoon, multiversal travelling can be very hazardous to your health. You might end up in a third world Equestria where healthcare is very difficult. Or worse, you might also find yourself in a nuclear wasteland where it can cause radioactive poisoning in your body. Even just travelling can cause health hazards in the form of hyper-distance teleport stress. These health checks could prevent you from these hazards.”

Trixie winced with every hazard the doctor mentioned and relented. “Fine, you win. Trixie will let you check her health,” Trixie huffed impatiently.

The doctor nodded and proceeded on checking the wards surrounding Trixie and the device giving her the wards. Nodding and smiling with satisfaction, the doctor started to explain. “Now listen carefully and remember this, Miss Lulamoon. This ward-giving device is built to withstand contagious and fatal diseases, radiation and multiversal travelling stress, but the ward can get damaged every time they happen. Once the ward gets less than fifteen percent, the device will automatically send you back here. Do you understand?”

Trixie looked bored and was busy making tiny illusions of herself fighting and defeating a dragon. When hearing the doctor's cough, she immediately dispelled her little illusion and looked at the unamused doctor with what Trixie hoped would be an innocent smile. “Er... you were saying?”

The doctor stared unamused. “I asked if you have understood what I told you about the ward-giving device I gave you.”

“I’m sorry, doctor. But everypony mollycoddled Trixie too much in these last two years. Trixie can manage to take care of herself, thank you very much. Trixie doesn’t need more warnings, she learned about the dangers during training,” she replied cockily.

The doctor looked at her disbelievingly. “Miss Lulamoon, it is very important that you should understand everything I am telling you. This is your own health we are talking about! Surely after two consecutive years of training you should have known the importance of us medical experts helping you to prevent multiversal hazards,” scolded the doctor.

Trixie looked insulted at the doctor’s scolding. “Of course Trixie knows the importance! She just doesn’t feel it necessary to keep treating her like a delicate foal.”

The doctor looked dejected at his patient’s stubborn pride and his left forehoof found itself stuck on his face. “How can this total nitwit get qualified to work in this project?” he muttered miserably and got to repeat his explanation, while he also made absolutely sure that the azure imbecile in front of him was paying complete attention.

***

Further up the crystal palace of the ruler of the newly independent Principality of Everfree Valley, was a laboratory. Inside the laboratory was full of advanced technology consisting of computers that could scan and read alternate universes, keep track of the multiversal explorer’s health and whereabouts and let the staff speak to the explorer, a multiversal teleport pad, tools needed for multiversal exploration, and the staff including multiverse scientists, mages from the Order of Starswirl and of course Princess Twilight Sparkle herself. The project took five consecutive years to complete and the staff, especially Twilight, were eager to start. All that was missing now was their explorer.

Twilight trotted impatiently around the laboratory while waiting for their azure explorer. “Come on, Twilight. You have to be patient. Trixie will arrive soon, I know it,” assured a gangly dragon wearing a lab coat.

Twilight looked at her now taller dragon assistant and spoke her mind. “I know, Spike. But we worked on this project for five whole years and we are at the point of starting it and we need Trixie to be here before we start it. I told her to be here at noon, it is already thirty past noon and yet she’s still not here! She. Is. Late!” Twilight said frustratingly.

Spike opened his mouth to continue reassuring his sister figure when the door opened to let in a proud azure unicorn mare and a grey unicorn stallion. Trixie Lulamoon walked inside very slowly while the doctor behind her had his forehoof pressing his face in embarrassment. Spike was snickering while Twilight rolled her eyes on the display and said, “Okay, Trixie. You can stop walking in slow motion now.”

Trixie looked dejected at that. “Aww, but Trixie wanted to give a dramatic entrance,” she whined.

The doctor gave an exasperated sigh and looked at Twilight. “Your Highness, excuse me for being disrespectful and blunt, but can you please tell me how could that imbecile be qualified for this highly dangerous and advanced project?”

Spike turned to Twilight. “Doctor Prescription has a point there, Twilight. How could Trixie be qualified for this project?” he pointedly asked. Twilight looked back at the conversation two years ago.

***

Two years ago…


“Erm… Trixie, are you even qualified to work with us in this project?” asked Twilight with her eyebrow raised.

In front of her was Trixie Lulamoon, disgraced showmare and explorer hopeful. She also looked like she slept on the streets for weeks. Despite her unkempt appearance, she sniffed proudly and said, “Yes, Trixie is sure that she is qualified for this job. Trixie will prove it with this certificate.” Trixie gave Twilight her old looking certificate and Twilight took it. While Twilight was reading Trixie’s certificate, her eyes grew wide with surprise.

“Trixie… I didn’t know that you took Master’s Degree on Magic! You don’t look it!” exclaimed Twilight. She checked the certificate for any forgery and fallacies, but found none. She put the certificate aside and looked at the smug look on the azure unicorn’s face. “Well, I guess you got the job now. Congratulations, Trixie. Now, tomorrow you may start your two year training. Good luck!”

***

Present day…


Twilight turned to Prescription and Spike and told them, “I can assure you, she is definitely qualified. I wouldn’t let anypony who are unqualified work with us in this project.” She turned to focus on Trixie, “Alright Trixie, now it is time for your debriefing before we start our Multiversal Exploration Project. What you need to know is that all universes are different. There can be worlds where we might not be ponies, we might be stallions instead of mares, Equestria might have never been founded, or you might even be married with lots and lots of foals.” Twilight snickered at Trixie’s repulsed look at the possibility of her bearing many foals and continued on her briefing, “The point is that you might gain some mental instability during multiversal exploration due to seeing so many changes. That is why every time you finish your exploration on a particular universe, you need to return here for your psychological check ups. The multiverse can be a scary place and can cause psychological breakdowns after too many explorations. While exploring an alternate universe, I want you to write down all the notes about that particular universe. And last but not least, always follow our orders! If we tell you to return immediately, do it. No questions asked. Our words will be final. Any questions?”

Trixie thought for a moment before asking, “Trixie has one, how will Trixie communicate with you?”

Twilight gestured at one of the computers. “Using this communicator, we might be able to communicate with you. We will also be using this computer to track your injected chip so we will know your status and where to find you. Any more questions?” At Trixie’s head shaking, Twilight clapped her hooves and started talking excitedly. “Okay then! Let’s get started!”

Twilight led Trixie to the teleport pad with the members of the Order of Starswirl and started handing her more devices. “Now this device will let you speak to us. If we decide to communicate with you, you will hear this tone,” Twilight explained. She gestured at Spike to start calling Trixie’s device and Spike responded with a thumbs-up. He started operating the communicator and Trixie’s device started to give short repeated beeps. At Twilight’s gesture, Spike deactivated the call. “This device will also let you hop universes. You can use it to travel back in this lab. Now, if you are sure that you are ready, you may climb up this pad,” Twilight told Trixie.

Trixie obliged. With Twilight’s nod, the unicorns from the Order started up their magic and pointed it towards the teleport pad. Twilight told Trixie her final words before Trixie started her exploration, “And remember, you will arrive at a random parallel universe, so your first universe might turn out to have large differences to our universe.” Immediately after Trixie’s nod of understanding, she disappeared to infinity and beyond.