• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 12,988 Views, 625 Comments

Celestia's New Student - Art Inspired



Trixie becomes Celestia's new pupil.

  • ...
61
 625
 12,988

Sixteen: A Week Later

One week went by quickly after the gala, mainly because during that time existed a lack of objectivity for Trixie. She had her upcoming show Princess Celestia had assigned her to prepare for, and that was about it. In just three days of that one week, she already had her line of tricks and spells ready.

In just two more days, she’d have them practiced and suitably acceptable for her performance. All except one that is, which she’d been putting off all this time to better consider which stage she’d be occupying.

At this time in the late morning, Trixie could be found at her old caravan along with Moon Dancer in the chariot houses. Instead of her armor, and instead of Trixie’s cape and hat, they both wore blue and purple sweaters. It was cold enough, but the idea was because of Trixie, and Moon Dancer tagged along just for fun, and to stay warm.

“Did you decide on a stage yet?” Moon Dancer asked while adjusting her sleeves, knowing good and well Trixie hadn’t.

“Well, like Trixie said yesterday, she’ll probably decide on the one at the northern gate. It’s the best choice when you think about it.”

Moon Dancer sighed. “Finally! I kept telling you the northern gate was the way to go. It’ll get the word across town the fastest, and it’s easy to bring everything there, but not too easy like the one at the front palace doors will probably be someday.”

“Trixie will be needing Druid Shield’s assistance for the safe deliverance of this equipment… Where is he? Trixie thought you said he was just about done with the morning shift.”

“He was.”

“Here I am,” Druid Shield cut in, a frown on his face. “My apologies. I was talking to Princess Luna about some weird deers and their buck leader wanting passage to the city. They apparently had very foreign products to sell, but wouldn’t allow me to see their merchandise.”

Trixie shuffled. “You went all the way to Princess Luna for that?”

Druid Shield shook his head, and finished his story. “Actually, they wouldn’t show me because they were here to sell these things to Princess Luna. That’s why I had to go get her.” He growled, “Never even got to see what was inside those wooden crates, because even if I glanced, that buck would warn me of the cultural violations. Something important, though, because Luna sure was interested when I informed her about it.”

Moon Dancer walked over from next to Trixie, and hugged her stallion with one of her wings. “I understand that you’ve had a long day.”

“But, Trixie needs assistance.”

“Oh, right,” Druid Shield said while scratching the back of his head with a hoof. “I’ll get all the heavy stuff.”

Trixie smiled masterfully at how strong his powers were, and had a thought cross her mind. “Say, Druid Shield?”

“Yes?” he asked after setting a load of things down into the cart they intended to use.

“You’re good with magic. Help Trixie with her spell. It’s the one that makes the tip of your horn glow.”

His horn had dimmed, and his expression was like stone. “I will, but Trixie, if I’m not your guard pony anymore, then I’d appreciate it if you asked me for my help when it comes to these sorts of things.”

As shallow as that was, Trixie was close to admitting he was right when Moon Dancer said first, “Actually…” Trixie looked over. “Princess Celestia said-”

“Crap,” Druid Shield abruptly, and loudly whispered.

“Hey! What? She did!” He stayed silent. “She said that you were to still go on escort missions with Trixie and I.”

He leered his vision up to her. “What?”

“So, and considering I’m your marefriend and everything, I’m the boss.”

“Hmmmm…”

“Do as Trixie says, especially in my presence. She’s your friend.”

With her work done, Moon Dancer finished up by muzzling poor Druid Shield for a change, and departed from the two briefly before meeting Trixie at the location they were to perform at. All alone, something that they hadn’t experienced in what seemed like a long time, Trixie and Druid Shield worked together to get all of Trixie’s most important things into place. “Be very delicate,” she said.

“Yes, Trixie, I know.”

“You needn’t be so formal. The Great and Powerful Trixie didn’t mean to be so bossy, but Moon Dancer is right. You’re still my friend. Right?”

He looked from the entrance of the caravan to Trixie, and said, “Yeah. I, uh, just want you to know, I don’t have any romantic feelings for you anymore.”

Trixie hummed. “Is that so?”

He looked off to the left, and down a little. “Yes…”

“Why does Trixie feel as if you’re lying?”

He snarled. “Stop this, Trixie.”

She simply rolled her eyes, but had a stern face. “Trixie has many admirers. Trixie knows when somepony likes her a bit too much, you know. It’s just… you have somepony. The only reason Trixie plays with you like this, Druid Shield, is because she just wants to remind you that Moon Dancer loves you. She loves you a lot, and Trixie knows you love her back.”

He breathed as best he could, which wasn’t all that well. “I love her more than anything…”

Trixie smiled. “You may admire me like anypony else, Druid Shield. That is your choice… Just, if Trixie ever gets too close, she expects you to stay a gentlecolt. Okay?”

He blinked. “What do you mean?”

Trixie craftily explained, “Do you remember bringing Trixie to her first day’s training with Celestia in that ballroom? Trixie had begun becoming attached to you, and you… didn’t mind. Not one bit. Remember?”

He bit his bottom lip. “I didn’t know not doing anything was wrong.”

She closed her eyes and shook her head. Once she stopped, she quivered. “To Trixie it is. You should’ve pushed Trixie away or something when she’d gotten so close, or mentioned you have a marefriend.”

Her voice was for the most part calm, but it echoed, and once it fell silent again, Druid Shield asked, “What are you saying?”

Trixie sighed. “Just that you’re an attractive pony, and that Moon Dancer deserves you. Don’t make it to where you don’t deserve her.”

He got back to work, unmoved. He knew this was already what he needed to aim for from then on. The point Trixie wanted to make was already known. It was just necessary for Trixie to finally discuss in detail with him. After a moment to himself, he finished up helping, and said, “Yes ma’am. About that spell.”