• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 2,015 Views, 34 Comments

Night of the Flutterbat - Lunarpony



What Happens when Fluttershy's Vampire Pony side resurfaces? Will her friends find out that she's the one behind the strange Vampire Pony murders? Can they help her or is Fluttershy doomed to this new life of misery?

  • ...
12
 34
 2,015

Chapter 1: First Blood

Author's Note:

This I had planned to post closer to Halloween time but things came up and I will be unable to so I figured I would start it now and with hope it will be done by Halloween time. Anyways this story is kind of playing off the fact that at the end of Season 4,Ep. 7 they ended with such an open clip of Fluttershy still having the fang. However I have this after the Season 4 Finale. One other thing the only reason an OC name is mentioned is because I didn't know any mane 6 or cast characters that would have been out at 12 midnight so besides that small thing. there will be no OC mentioning or appearances later on so I hope you enjoy the fanfic!

About 2 weeks have passed since the Battle with Tirek and everypony has returned to their normal life. All but Fluttershy. Ever since the whole Vampire Pony back on Sweet Apple Acres she had been feeling off. She knew it wasn't natural something was wrong with her. It was near the full moon and as the moon was filling in she felt her emotional issues increase dramatically. Tomorrow Night was the full moon and Fluttershy was so worried about what was going on with her she went to one of her closest friends Twilight with the hope she could shed some light on the situation. This is where our story begins with Fluttershy and Twilight in The Palace of Friendship.

“So Tell me what seems to be the problem Fluttershy?” Twilight asks her friend using her magic to pour her a cup of tea as she requested.

“Well...” Fluttershy says in her sweet and calm voice “Ever since the whole Vampire Pony thing a couple weeks back I've been feeling... strange.”

“How so?” Twilight asks looking at the peach Pegasus in curiosity

Fluttershy was silent as she searched for the words to explain her condition. “Well,” she finally says “I have felt a lot more depressed... and I have taken a liking to the color red. All the animals seem to be worried about me...” the peach Pegasus looks at her friend with eyes begging for some kind of answers. “Could I still be a...” Fluttershy stops to scared to finish

“Fluttershy that's nonsense! I am sure it's all in your head,” Twilight smiles “I am sure all you need is a good night’s sleep.” Twilight walks her friend back to her cottage and she smiles “You will be okay Fluttershy you need to trust me. Even if in the small off chance it's true you have friends and I for one promise to help you through it,” Twilight looks at the peach Pegasus with a warm smile and Fluttershy smiles back softly as Twilight turns to leave

“Twilight?” she hears Fluttershy ask before she was able to turn all the way around. “Thank you...” she smiles

“That's what friends are for,” Twilight smiles walking back to the Palace of Friendship to turn in for the night.

Twilight had trouble falling asleep as she lays awake in her bed she sighs heavily and this got Spikes attention, “Twilight is something bothering you?” he asks the purple Alicorn

“I don't know about Fluttershy...” she responds “I am not sure if I believed myself when I told her nothing was wrong... what if Fluttershy was right?”

“Twilight I am sure you are just over stressing over it. Get some rest,” Spike yawns turning over in his bed. Twilight was about to reply but she could already hear Spike snoring,

Meanwhile in Fluttershy's cottage she had woken up not able to sleep. She walks down to her kitchen to get a drink of water walking quietly to ensure she doesn't wake any of the animals in the room. “What time is it?” she asks herself looking outside at the full moon then to a clock “12:00?” she looks at the clock surprised as she looks back at the moon with a sigh just loud enough to wake her rabbit pal Angel up and he bounces over to her. “Oh I'm sorry didn't mean to wake you up Angel. I was just admiring the.. beautiful...moon...” she looks at the moon with a blank stair as her normally blue-green eyes fade to a hungry red. She crouches over with one horrible thought racing in her head... “Oh Celestia! Twilight was wrong! Now what happens if I hurt one of my friends?” she keeps thinking that as she falls down curling up in pain. Angel watched in horror as the gentle Pegasus' color darkens and her teeth grow two sharp fangs. Her wings turn from a bird like feathery wing like all Pegasus' have to a leathery bat like wing. Her mane was really messy and her ears pointed. With a screech she flies out the open window into the night.

In Ponyville a tan unicorn with a bag covering where his Cutie Mark would be was walking back from a flower garden with a basket of flowers. The type that only bloom when the moon is out. As he walks he sees a shadow fly over head at a fast speed causing him to stop dead in his tracks... “H-hello who's there?” he looks around for who owned the shadow that just flew overhead “This isn't funny you're scaring me!” he cries in fear turning his head back to the direction he was walking and he came face to face with a pair of hungry red eyes and a pair of fangs glowing in the moonlight. “V-V-Vampire Pony!” he screams turning to run but he was soon tackled and he gets a good look at his attacker. “F-F-Fluttershy?” he whimpers before she hisses and with that she bites the unicorn. What Fluttershy did not see was a red unicorn who saw everything as she flew off into the night.

“If a Vampire Pony is in Ponyville...” he whimpers “I have to warn Princess Twilight...in the morning...” he says “I mean what if that Vampire Pony is still out here?!” he slowly walks back into a small shop with the words “Relics and historical things” to drop off the book he had been carrying with him.

The next morning Twilight was woken up by the pounding of a hoof on the front doors to the Palace of Friendship. “Oh for the love of Celestia who could that be?” she sighs putting her crown on as she walks down the flight of stairs to the doors and opens them. She sees a red unicorn with a dark purple mane flowing neatly with two silver stripes. His tails in a style similar to Twilight's but shorter and a bit messier. His Cutie mark had a full moon with a red book in front and relic like text on it.

“Can I help you?” she asks the unicorn who looks startled,

“I am so sorry to bother you so early Princess Twilight but I have something very serious...” he says

“Before you continue may I ask you're name?” Twilight asks so she knew who he was.

“Oh right sorry I am Lunar Relic.” he says with a bow out of respect for the Princess. “Anyways last night I was on my way back from talking to someponies when I saw a Vampire Pony attack another unicorn. I ran to my shop out of fear and decided to wait until morning to tell you.”

“What?!” Twilight exclaims out of surprise and worry “Did you move the Unicorn?” she asks and the pony shakes his head no. “Lunar Relic can you please take me to it?” she asks and he nods

“I sure can Princess Twilight. And if it is not too much trouble for you I prefer Lunar.” the dark red unicorn replies walking back to the exact place he had seen the attack and a crowd was gathered including Twilight's friends. Twilight moves through the crowd to see some Guard Ponies looking at the mark

“Is that from a Vampire Pony?” one asks

“How the hay should I know?!” the other replies looking around and soon seeing Twilight “I bet Princess Twilight will tell us!”

“yeah...” the first agrees silently “Twilight can you tell us what made this mark on this poor Unicorn's neck? He asks and Twilight nods taking a closer look at the two fang marks

“There is no doubt... those belong to a Vampire Pony.” Twilight says as she walks over to her friends to see what was up.

“Twilight have you seen Fluttershy?” Rainbow asks

“No.” Twilight sighs trying not to think of the possibility that Fluttershy did this.

“We should go talk with her.” Rarity says and everypony but Twilight agrees to go with them as much as she hated it.