• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 576 Views, 3 Comments

The Kings Shadow - Zandar13



Witness the resurrection of King Sombra and the darkness that lies within. But how did he become like this? Only his crystals hold the answer to his malicious past.

  • ...
 3
 576

Madness Descends Upon A Broken Heart

It had been a week since his return to the real world before he was released from the hospital, but it was time well spent in Greymanes eyes. True to her word, Princess Twilight had stopped in at least once or twice every day to check up on him and was happy to report that nothing was worth mentioning though a bad nightmare had caused her some concern but was quickly cast aside as Princess Luna vouched for him. Other than that he went through physical therapy to get used to his old but new body and he had found it surprising to walk with strong, muscular legs.

During his first day, he was told to do a simple couple of jumps and due to him not knowing his own strength had jumped so hard that he put a hole in the ceiling before crashing back down. He had immediately thrown his hooves over his head in self defense because he thought the nurse would yell at him or do worse, but much to his surprise she had only laughed before helping back up to his hooves. “Don't worry, we were warned that you might do something like this while during your physical therapy” Nurse Redheart replied with, accompanied by a smile.

He felt much more relaxed that she had been kind to him during his time and always encouraged him and helped him when he fell, literally and metaphorically. So this process repeated throughout the week but he did not receive too many visitors but was told by Twilight that they thought to keep things slow during his rehabilitation, to which he was thankful for because it would take some time before he felt comfortable around so many ponies. But one other small detail had become another interesting challenge to cope with, his new fangs.

He had scarred the original nurse who had come in with food and had offered to feed him but when he opened his mouth she had seen the fangs and ran off screaming and leaving a mess of spilled food on the ground. After a few minutes the doctor came back and apologized for the nurses behavior and promised to find a much more qualified nurse, to which Nurse Redheart certainly was and he was glad that she was.

Greymane had asked why the nurse was scarred of him and he had learned that during her childhood, a bully had scared her senseless during Nightmare Night and the fangs he wore had scared her the most and from then on she was afraid anything with fangs. He immediately apologized and wished to have her know that he had not meant to scare her, thankfully Nurse Redheart helped with this and during the third day the nurse came to visit and while she avoided looking at his mouth, she also apologized for her unjust rejection and thanked him for being kind.

After that, there were no more surprises and his therapy went well and by the time he was released he had gotten used to normally walking but was told to carefully test out a full run so he knew how to control the transition from run to walk. Just as he was about to leave Nurse Redheart had found him and gave him a quick goodbye hug “If you ever feel bad or need to ask anything, find me and I will always take care of you” she said while wearing a warm smile and had watched his body closely as he walked off, but he didn't really notice her stare.

His walk did not last long as he stopped in the middle of the clearing and just closed his eyes and let his senses free to explore everything around him. The feel of the grass on his hooves as the slight breeze ran its cool fingers through his mane, the warmth of the sun as it bore down on his fur and drove away any chill that had sneaked into his inner body, the sound of grass rustling and leaves dancing in the wind. Though he had felt the same thing sitting at this spot in the mirror world, this felt different and right to him and he made him smile and happy to know that he was finally free and able to live his life.

He was so lost in thought and feeling that he did not notice three mares plow into him and caused them all to twist and bend into each other at odd angles. As soon as the dust from the crash settled the three started to shout and argue “Hey! Move your hoof! Your kicing my face!” “Oh yeah, well your jabbing my stomach!” “Would yall quit it already! Oof! Sweetie Bell! Could ya kindly GET OFF MA TAIL!”.

The three voices continued to bicker back and forth until the unicorn finally spoke up “THATS ENOUGH!” her voice squeaked as her horn exploded with magic and a light green aura surrounded them all and forced them all apart before releasing them “Jeez your girls, that was....how would Rarity say....uncouth! We are so sorry about that si-” she had said before stopped mid sentence as her eyes fell upon Greymane. All of a sudden she gasped and hurried to pick up the other two.

“Girls! Girls! Look! It's him!” the unicorn had spoken to the other two before pointing back at him. The yellow earth pony squinted before he eyes shot open and stared as well while the orange pegasus face formed a huge smile and her eyes lit up. The next thing they said was “YOUR BACK!” they screamed as one voice before racing over and helping him up to his hooves.

The next thing he knew he was being bombarded with questions from all three mares but he could not understand a single word as they continued to jabber on. After a few moments he held up his hoof which caused them all to be silent “Sorry girls but with you all speaking at once I cannot understand a single word. Lets restart and let me ask you what you mean that I am back? Do you know me?” Greymane asked as he tilted his head to the side.

All three looked at each other and giggled and seemed to have calmed down before the unicorn spoke up again “Yeah, I suppose after eight years we kinda grew up a bit. Well do you remember three small fillies with our colors in the forest that found your house?” she asked while smiling.

Greymane closed his eyes while he thought back, trying to remember. He did remember that three small fillies had found his house and right after he ran away after Fluttershy had found him. He also tried to think of their colors and that’s when he remembered her name “Sweetie Bell?”

The white unicorn grinned and sprung into the hair “Yeah! You remembered!”

His eyes now open he glanced over to the orange pegasus “Your name was Scootaloo I think and you were Apple....Applebuck....Appleblue....Applebloom!” he finished while looking at the yellow pony. The two nodded and also grinned and began to do a happy jiggle. “Wow, you three are all grown up now” he added with a laugh.

“Daw jeez, now ya sound like our sisters! But I suppose I can let it slide, since it had been eight ol' years since we saw ya! And speaking of all grown up, you look almost as strong as Big Mac now!” Applebloom declared as she started to look at him and the other two followed suit and gazed over his muscular body.

“Aw man! How did you get so strong! I have been working out to get as strong as Rainbow and Applebloom as started bucking apples like AJ these past eight years and we aren't even close to you! No fair!” Scootaloo said as she crossed her front hooves and pouted. Sweetie Bell did not say anything as a small blush crept across her face as she stared at him.

“Yeah! How did ya get so strong? But I mean, I guess there ain't too much to do while stuck inside a mirror-GASP” she quickly covered her mouth but was too late as she accidentally mentioned that. The other two gasped as well but quickly looked to Greymane with looks of worry and concern before she spoke up again “Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Greymane! I did not mean ta say that! We only just learned this week what happened to ya and...and....oh hay seeds” she finished as she stared at him with worry in her eyes.

Greymane stood silent as he took a long breath and averted his eyes “It....its alright Applebloom. I know you meant nothing by it. -sigh- I did not do anything to get strong, the King used his dark magic to force my body to change to suit his foul needs. That's all” he said with a hint of sorrow.

All four stood in awkward silence before Scootaloo hovered over to him and poked his shoulder “Hey, don't worry about it. I don't think it matters how you got it but its your body now and it looks awesome! Especially your fangs!” she scooted closer to whisper in his ear “And don't look now but I think Sweetie Bell also really likes your new body” she said with a smirk and gave a quick flip in the air back to her friends side.

Greymane gave a brief smile “Yeah, I suppose. But its still gonna take me a while before I get used to the changes he did to me” he said rather remorsefully. After he said that Scootaloo wore a frown on her face as she absentmindedly flew into and knocked over Sweetie Bell, as she did her saddlebag flew open and a half finished crystal necklace tumbled out and landed in front of them.

“GASP! No! My crystal!” Sweetie Bell shouted and quickly lunged for it and scooped it up and placed it in her bag “Scoots! Be careful! I have been working on this for a while! It's my present.....for....-” she tried to finish before she looked at Greymane and saw his face had contorted into a mixture of fear and scorn as he stared at the spot the crystal necklace fell too. “Greymane? Are you ok?” she timidly asked as she took a step forward and placed her hoof on his shoulder and shook it a bit. “Greymane? Greymane?”.

“GREYMANE!”

“AHHHHHH! NO! NO! NO!” he shouted at the top of his lungs as he jumped back at her touch and began to hyperventilate and sweat poured from every inch of his body while his eyes shrank to the size of pins and darted back and forth as if to search for something. He continued to scream and shout and during this time his mane seemed to start to spike up and stand on end and his muscular body tensed up and bulged in size. Soon even his eyes seemed to narrow down and had a crazed look within them, but the one thing that stood out more than anything was that his blood curling screams slowly turned into laughter.

“AH HA HA HA HA HA!” his face now supported a twisted grin and a crazed and maniacal look as he began to survey the landscape before he spotted the three fear filled mares and his grin grew wider “Now, now, now my dear girls. Why do you FEAR ME? Do I frighten YOU? Do I SCARE you? Well do I? DO I?!” he shouted spitefully and all three nodded their heads which only made him smile before he responded with “GOOD! HAHAHAHAHA!” his laughter continued to echo throught the open landscape.

Suddenly with a loud pop and flash of purple the six Elements of Harmony appeared and began looking around with concern as they spotted the three girls first and ran to them. “Sweetie, I got your magic message. Now what is going o-” Twilight had started before her eyes spotted the crazed and scary looking Greymane now sporting a twisted gnarl and with eyes that could kill as he laughed with a voice that chilled her to the bones “Wha? Greymane? What happened?!” she pleaded as she saw her friend in a terrifying state.

But only more sinister laughing was her reply before he finally spoke “Greymane? He is dead! That fool could not handle this world! His mind snapped and his poor little heart broke when he was reminded of what King Sombra did to him and when he saw the crystal that Sweetie Bell over there dropped!” the dark voice erupted. “One more thing that he forgot to tell you was that during his lonely imprisonment, he went mad, insane even and thus I was born! HAHAHAHA!” he said.

All the girls were speechless before Twilight spoke again in concern “What do you mean he went insane? Why would go insane? What did you did to him?!”.

An ugly smirk spewed forth from his lips “Heh, well ill keep it short for you slow minded peons. He did not simply sit there in the mirror worlds for eight years, no he was tortured and forced to see and relive all of King Sombras dark memories of his life. From childhood all the way to the day he was defeated again by Princess Cadance. He saw all the cruelty and malice, all his spite and hatred, he saw as he killed and burned the weak and turned countless ponies into abominations that did his horrors for him.”

“He was forced to watch them and live them through his eyes over and over again without rest. To hear the screams as children were beaten and women whipped, to see the sick and dying ponies fall to the ground and be stomped on by the living. He even saw him personally corrupt a black furred unicorn with a teal mane named Crystal Lass into being his mistress who desired his love to live. Oh the things he did with her, its enough to make your precious Princesses manes curl! HAHAHAHA!”

“Seeing all this sometimes on an hourly basis with no rest year after year left him a shattered soul with nothing to think or feel and in its place gave rise to me! His madness incarnate! His insanity brought to life! I am the empty shell, his nothingness, and his vale of sorrow and despair! I AM VOID!” he exclaimed as he brought his two strong front hooves up and stomped hard on the ground below as his eyes seemed to glaze over in a haze and his mouth became a permanent crazed and twisted smile.

Taking in a breath he unleashed a torrent of terrible cackles that made everypony shake in fear while his eyes seemed to pierce them to their core. All nine mares stood in shock and terror as they sunk in this new information and it scared them but also made them sad that once again due to their actions many years ago that led Greymane to become this monster before them. Once again Twilight tried to speak up but her voice was lost to her and her knees started to shake as she remained frozen.

Taking the silence away Void spoke up “Well, since it seems that we have nothing more to discuss. I shall be off to drown all of Equestria in sorrow and make them realize what it truly means to be alone! HAHAHA!” he finished off with a cackle as he began to turn around and walk off.

“No.....please.....don't leave.....” a small voice finally cracked through the barrier of silence and when it hit everypony, they all looked to find that it was Sweetie Bell who spoke “Please.....give Greymane back....please” she pleaded with tear filled eyes.

For a moment his ever present smile disappeared as he began to have a confused look spread across his face but just a quick as it was gone it returned in full force “HA! You fool! If you had simply left him alone that day then Fluttershy would of never found him and he could of continued living in that house in the Everfree in peace! BUT YOU made him relive his worst memories and made him run into the forest and in the clutches of King Sombra! You have no right to demand ANYTHING! YOU STUPID FOOL! HAHA!” he declared with much conviction. “And now because of YOU and that crystal necklace you led him back to insanity! But since I am now here, I am curious. Who was it for? SPEAK FOOL, SPEAK! HAHA!” he demanded with another forceful stomp on the ground.

Sweetie Bell flinched at this as she broke down into even more tears at his words “I....I-I.....I was making it f-f-for Greymane” she finally spoke “Ever since my sister told me he was found, I wanted to make him a present as to apologize and ask him to be my friend. But now.....b-but now”. Sweetie Bells voice finally cracked and she erupted into a loud sobbing as red hot tears flowed from her swollen eyes.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You truly are a fool, to think you could win him over with a poultry little trinket such as this. Did you think with those sweet nothings you could 'bring him back to you'? Like I said, HE IS DEAD NOW AND ONLY VOID REMAINS! HAHA!” he boasted loudly as his cackling mouth hung open to allow his voice to carry. But unknown and unfelt by him, he himself had started to cry from his own eyes while he continued to laugh.

This caught the attention of the girls as they saw him start to cry and with this new development he finally snapped Twilight out of her daze as she began to formulate a plan. In the next instant she summoned a solid bubble with her magic and surrounded them all “Girls! Quickly, listen up. I think I know how we can get Greymane back!” she said.

With that all the girls regained their focus and looked at Twilight in a way to say 'Go On', to which she replied with “I think that Greymane is fighting on the inside, since we saw him tear up after Sweetie Bells words to him. I know of a mind spell that is similar to what I used on you girls during Discords invasion. But not only will it bring Greymane back to the surface, I am also going to lock Void away as best I can.” she explained.

“What?! Lock him away? Why don't you just pummel and beat this Void and destroy him or something!” Rainbow asked ill-temperately.

Twilight shook her head “We cannot do that or else we would truly shatter his mind and lose him. Void is nothing more than the evil, bad, and insane part of his brain. Void is pretty much like our opposite sides that Discord drew out of ourselves. That's why I am simply going to banish him to the furthest reaches of his mind and lock him away. When I do then Greymane will return and will never turn back into this monster.” she explained with determination.

It took a couple of seconds to allow her words to sink in but eventually they all nodded in agreement. “All right Twi, so what'cha need us ta do?” Applejack asked.

“Basically we need to catch him and hold him down to allow me to perform the spell on him. So do whatever you can to distract him while Rarity, Sweetie, and I use our magic to trap him before you girls jump on and do whatever you can to hold him down. Applebloom assist Applejack and Scootaloo go with Rainbow and follow her lead. Everyone got the plan?” Twilight said.

They all looked at each other and slowly nodded in agreement as the few of them wiped the tears from their eyes “All right, I am dropping the bubble 3...2..1. NO-” Twilight declared as she instantly dropped the bubble on the one count but was now face to face with the crazed and frightful face of Void as he stared daggers at her.

“AND JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING, HMM?” he loudly demanded as he headbutted Twilight and sent her away a few feet. Before anypony else could react he quickly centered his weight on his left hoof and swung his back hooves into the flying Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo and sent them hurdling away and knocking them to the ground. Using that same momentum he withdrew his front hoof and he spiraled over and knocked over Applejack with his body and just as he landed on his front hooves he bucked Applebloom with his back hooves and sent her crashing into Rarity.

Within the blink of an eye he had knocked out Twilight, Rainbow, Scootaloo, Applejack, Applebloom, and Rarity and only left Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Sweetie Bell standing in awe and shock. As he admired his work he roared “WHO ELSE WANT'S SOME!?!” as spittle and rage flew from his fanged mouth and when he was done his lips curled into his demonic smile once again.

Pinkie Pies mouth had hit the ground but she snapped it back as she took her front hooves and dove into her pink mane and started to dig around before pulling a small cannon almost the same size as her! She slammed it to the ground and pointed it at Void and just before she pulled the cord “THIS IS PINKIE PIE!” she yelled as she pulled the cord and the cannon shot forth a multitude of random objects such as a net and a parasol.

Fortunately for Pinkie, Void was left speechless as he tried to comprehend just what exactly she just did with her hair but just as he realized that he was about to get hit the net had wrapped around him and the closed parasol struck his gut before it exploded open and sent him flying a far bit away and he landed with a solid THUD.

Fluttershy just stared as she tried to move but was so scared when he began his attack on them so suddenly and then with the loud explosion from the cannon had left her glued to her spot, but after a moment or two she heard multiple groans from the ponies around her which brought her out of her daze and she rushed to Twilight who was the closest,

Twilight and the others were woken up with the sound of the party cannon and with Fluttershys help Twilight got back up and tried to asses the situation before asking “What happened after his attack?”.

Fluttershy quickly explained what Pinkie did and when she finished all the others had also gotten back up and regathered. “Ok, lets stick to the plan for now while he is down and has the net on him. Rarity, Sweetie! Lets go!” with a quick nod the three magic users rushed over to the still form of Void and had begun to charge their magic as the others closed in from behind.

Just as the rest had gathered they all heard a small groan escape from the downed stallion and his body began to rustle, so with renewed haste the three finally completed their spell and were now holding him down with magic. As soon as they did the others each grabbed an edge of the net and put all their weight into it and they saw the net squeeze down onto him which made him groan in pain before he started to renew his efforts to resist and fight.

“HOW dare you all! You will release me at once! I must make all of Equestria pay! I will show them the void hidden in their hearts! I will show them ALL HIS PAIN!” he shouted with vigor and spit.

Before Twilight began to charge her spell she was taken back by his last words “What do you mean his pain? Whos pain?” she asked.

“Who? WHO? Greymanes pain of course you stupid foal! Out of all the ponies in Equestria, he was the only one who could release King Sombra since he had known pain and suffering all his life! Do you know why he had such pain?! He was abandoned by his own father! Since he was not born a unicorn, his father abandoned both him and his mother and used his money and power to evict them from Canterlot! His mother was forbidden to re-enter the city and when she was taken ill by a disease, he ran by the guards and began to beg and plead for a doctor to help”.

“But thanks to his father almost all the 'regal, posh, and royal ponies' ignored him and a few even kicked, spat, and insulted him. It was only thanks to a foreign doctor not knowing the family did he agree to see his mother but a guard escorted them. But when they returned to the shack just outside of Canterlot, she was already dead. The doctor had talked the guard into allowing her to have a proper burial but when she was all she was given was a blank tombstone in the middle of the Everfree”.

“YOU WANT MORE PAIN?! WELL now this six year old boy was left all alone to fend for himself in the Everfree for the next ten years and having every pony ignore or reject him. But one day he came back from a hunt to find his house burned down and he was forced to move! After traveling the Everfree and all its creatures, what does he find? PONYVILLE that is full of hateful and spiteful ponies who drove him out and cause his heart to shatter and his mind slowly started to spiral down”.

“OH BUT IT GETS BETTER! One year later he finds THOSE THREE invading his home and calling down Fluttershy, one of the objects of his nightmares and forcing him to flee and run into the King! You know the rest, so how is that for PaIn?! You all preach love and friendship but you all are just a walking pile of lies and deceit! Now....Let.....Me.....GO!!!!” he finally finished with another spout of rage as his legs kicked and struggled.

Once again all the ponies were starstruck and left with dizzy minds but Twilight steeled herself and lowered her fully charged horn “NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!” Void called out in despair as her magic went to work and began to purge Void from the forefront of Greymanes mind. After five long and painful minutes of pure rage induced shouting all was quiet and his body went limp and a long sigh escaped from his calmed face. All watched in curiosity for any sign of Voids return.

For a moment they were worried that he would not wake only to be met with the sounds of crying that came from the body “What have I done?” a soft, gentle voice called out and they all happily heard that it sounded like Greymanes voice and immediately they tore the net away from him and rushed to his side. But he quickly rose to his hooves and hung his head low before yelling “STAY AWAY FROM ME!” as tears dropped from his face and collected on the ground.

They all stopped and looked to him with sad faces before he continued “Pl-please. Stay away from me. I-I-I do not want to hurt you again. I knew that a monster like me should of just stayed in my prison. It is where I belong” he said dejectedly as his head continued to hang low.

All was quiet as the wind blew across their bodies only to carry the silence that had stolen time from them all. Greymane finally stood up and began to walk in the direction of he Everfree, which caught all of their attention “Wh-where are ya heading off to?” Applejack finally spoke up as she placed one step forward.

“I am heading back to the Everfree, where all the monsters live. -long breath- I am forever grateful that you girls thought of me as a friend and showed me kindness that I did not deserve. And please be sure to tell Princess Celestia and Princess Luna that I am honored that they treated me fairly. But I have to go” he said as he started to pick up his pace before he felt something wrap around his neck.

“NO! Please! Don't leave us! Please, don't leave me” was all Sweetie Bell was able to say before she fell quiet while embracing him.

“Swe-we-eetie Bell! What are you doing! You have to let me go! I have to go!” he pleaded to her.

“No ya don't sugar cube! You are staying right here!” Applejack said as she galloped up to him and placed a hoof on his shoulder.

“Please don't leave Greymane, I would feel awful if my friend left to live in the Everfree!” Fluttershy flew over and landed in front of him and leaned her head into his neck “You are not a monster you know” she said ever so quietly.

“You are not going anywhere mister! Besides, I never even got to make you any clothes yet! How can I even think of letting you go without making you at least a dozen or so outfits!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Yeah! Besides, your our new friend and even though we found our cutie marks, we still run the Cutie Mark Crusaders and are gonna help ya find yours!” Applebloom exclaimed as she joined the others.

“Totally! And if you went into the Everfree, then you would just get way stronger and I could never catch up to you or Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo smugly declared as she hovered over him.

“And like Fluttershy said dude, your not a monster. Only cool ponies are my friends and your my friend. Not a monster, but a cool dude! So stop beating yourself up over this and cheer up!” Rainbow said as she flew over “And besides, if you left then I...we would all miss you a lot big guy” she quickly added before she nuzzled the top of his head.

“You can't blame yourself for this, Greymane. I finally understand you a bit more and want to apologize to you. I am the Princess Of Friendship yet I could not see the fact that the one pony who needed the magic of friendship the most was alone and suffering. But I swear upon Celestia that from this day forward I will offer you all my knowledge and friendship to make sure that you are never lonely again!” she said just as she teleported over and joined the hug.

“YEAH! AND most importantly! You can't leave Ponyville yet until you had my 'WELCOME TO PONYVILLE PARTY!' silly! Cause then it wouldn't make sense if I threw you a 'FAREWELL PARTY' if I never threw you a welcome party to begin with! That would just be the WORST POSSIBLE THING LIKE EVER?!” Pinkie Pie said in all seriousness as she zipped over and joined the group hug.

Greymane stood in silence as he had nine pairs of hooves reaching out and holding him and for the first time he felt a new kind of warmth inside of him and it slowly spread out his entire body and against his will forced him to smile as he gave up the notion to leave and simply enjoyed their company. “I-I don't know what to say” he meekly replied.

“Then don't say anything and just enjoy the hug ya big lug” Rainbow Dash said.

“RAINBOW” all the other girls said in unison. Once they said that they started to bicker with each other and mostly rainbow and during the middle of it they all slowly heard Greymane start to laugh before they ended up joining him as they all felt the tension just melt away.

Once they were all done laughing, they all slowly separated from the hug and formed up into a normal group but Sweetie Bell seemed to stick close by to him. Greymane was about to say something when he felt his legs become weak and he accidentally fell to the ground, to which Sweetie Bell and Fluttershy quickly rushed over to his side “Are you ok?!” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah, I just feel really weak all of a sudden, Then again Nurse Redheart said that I should avoid strenuous activity for a little while as I get used to my normal lifestyle. Guess I kinda overdid it today” he sheepishly said with a chuckle.

The others laughed along with him before Twilight said “Well, do you think you can stand? Cause we should get you somewhere to rest.”.

Greymane tried to stand but was met with weak knees and he flopped back down to the ground and groaned “No, sorry Princess Twilight”

“It is quite alright Greymane, I can just teleport you back to my library and you can use one of the guest bedrooms.” she said as she smiled down at him “Oh and Greymane, can you do me a small favor?”

He looked up at her quizzically before replying “Of course Princess Twilight”.

She sighed before asking “I would like you to stop addressing me as Princess Twilight, since you are my friend now I would prefer if you just called me....Twilight. Is that alright?” she polity said.

“Oh! Um....I-I suppose I can try Prin-, ahem, I mean Twilight” he answered back with before his head started bobbing up and down before he layed his head on the ground and his eyelids slowly started to close. “Be-before I go, I just wanted to say......thank.....you.....uhhh” he finished just as he fell asleep.

The girls giggles once more as Twilight began her teleportation spell “All right, lets get him home and-” Twilight was saying before a blue flash appeared followed by a loud POP and before them stood a very worried and concerned looking Luna.

“TWILIGHT! Where is Greymane! We must find him befo-” she looked down to find the sleeping form of Greymane “Oh, it appears that we were indeed too late to inform you” the alicorn princess said.

“Inform us of what Luna?” Twilight asked with a hint of worry

“Last night during his latest dream, or nightmare, we dove a bit deeper into his mind and we found something hidden deep within him. And it involves King Sombras dark magic” Luna solemnly replied.

“But you told us that in the hospital that you got rid of the last of his magic!” Twilight worryingly said.

Luna sighed “We did tell you the truth, there is no more dark magic within his mind or body. But due to the brief contact he had with King Sombra during their soul transfer, a small part of each others soul attached themselves to the other. So in other words, King Sombras dark magic has attached itself directly to his soul” she said with sadness in her voice as the group let out a collective gasp as they let their eyes fall upon the sleeping form of Greymane.

“Oh dear”

Author's Note:

Holy Faust! AN EVER LONGER CHAPTER! Whats going on with me! And it did not take me two weeks to write! Ive just been on a writing rampage! Muahahaha! *coughs* Anyways, I wanted to do this chapter and glad I did. Only thing I did not like was the sudden POOF "Hello, Madness Here!" and I did try to think of a way to re-write it before I settled for explaining it NEXT CHAPTER! Yeah, bit of a cheat but oh well ITS MY STORY. So yeah! Recap: Greymane is out of the hospital, met the grown up CMC (who all have Cutie Marks now BTW), maybe a bit of a crush? between ________ and _______ ____, intro Void, Crystal Lass, FIGHT SCENE, Pinkie Pieness, backstory, purge and revive, emotions, more emotions, sleep, and CLIFFHANGER! Hope you like it!


Enjoy!!!

Comments ( 1 )

Fun fact King Sombra was redeemed in the comics.

Login or register to comment