• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 12,545 Views, 425 Comments

Spike x Bloom: a New Life - AngelShy24



Spike and Apple Bloom prepare for parenthood! (Direct sequel of "Blooming Heat")

  • ...
60
 425
 12,545

Positive or Negative?

It was almost noon and Spike was preparing to head out of the library tree to go to Apple Bloom’s scheduled appointment at the Ponyville Hospital. He was just about to head out when Twilight called out to him and halted him in his steps.

“And where do you think you’re going, young dragon?”

“T-to the hospital,” Spike responded, “I want to be there for Apple Bloom’s check-up… for support, y’know.”

“What about all those books and other stuff that you left over there?”

Twilight pointed to a corner in the room where Spike left a whole pile of the library’s possessions. It seemed that hoarding instincts had gotten the best of him again.

“Oh, yeah. Uh… I-I’ll get to it later.”

“Oh no you don’t,” Twilight protested as she pulled him back from the door with her magic, “you’ll get to it now. You’ll just forget again… like you did last time. I’m not picking up after you again.”

“Come on, Twilight,” said Spike feeling antsy, “I don’t want to be late! I promised that I would be there!”

Then Twilight used her magic again to push Spike over to his pile and said, “Then you better stop complaining and hurry up.”

Spike just lightly brooded to himself as he was beginning to pick up the mess. Some smoke was puffing from his nostrils and he was feeling a bit upset. He was a teen dragon after all, and some of that teenage angst was showing a bit as he mumbled to himself…

“Man, what a pain. I’m a freakin’ dragon; I’ll do whatever the heck I want.”

“What was that, Spike?” Twilight suddenly said.

Spike jumped and hesitated as he said, “Uh… I-I-I said… I’ll get right on it!”

Twilight stepped out of the room for a moment, and Owlicious was nearby hooting at him in a humorous manner. Spike glared at him and lightly snarled.

“Shut up, you stupid owl.”

-----------

Applejack and Apple Bloom had just arrived to the Ponyville Hospital for the scheduled appointment. They walked up to front desk where they were greeted by Nurse Redheart who was smiling quite brightly.

“Hey there, Miss Applejack. You here for your sister’s appointment?”

“That’s right, Miss Redheart,” Applejack responded, “Um… ya seem a bit… ecstatic today. Are you okay?”

Redheart gathered herself together and said, “Oh I’m fine, it’s just that… you know, the past week really did wonders for me in many ways.”

Applejack looked at her weirdly and said, “Um… forget Ah asked.”

After signing in, the two sister went over to the waiting area where other’s were waiting for their own appointments.

“Sounds like she had a good time,” said Apple Bloom.

“Just keep walkin’,” Applejack groaned.

After they sat down and Apple Bloom was pondering of what was going to happen next, she heard a familiar voice beside her. “Hey, Apple Bloom; nice to see ya.”

She looked to her side and saw one of her friends acknowledging her, “Hey, Ruby. What are you in fer?”

“Just a normal check-up… as usual. What about you?”

“Ah mated with a dragon, so Ah’m here fer a pregnancy test.”

Ruby began laughing thinking Apple Bloom was just joking around, “Good one, Apple Bloom. You’re hilarious.” But then, she saw Apple Bloom looking at her with a light smirk, “Wait, what?!”

Suddenly, Redheart came out and announced, “Apple Bloom, Miss Rhyme will see you now.”

“Already?” Apple Bloom said in light shock, “Oh well, see ya later, Ruby.”

After Apple Bloom got up with her sister and walked off, Ruby was still sitting in her seat with wide eyes feeling completely shocked. She just looked at a pony beside her and asked, “She was joking… right?”

--------

A few minutes afterwards, Apple Bloom and Applejack were in an assigned room waiting for their assigned nurse to arrive. Before long, a small-sized white pony with a dark red mane and tail came walking in with her trusty nurse hat and some papers.

“Hello, I’m Miss Rhyme and I’ll be your assigned nurse for today.”

Nursery Rhyme looked over at Apple Bloom and saw that she was looking at her smiling and giggling a bit.

“What’s that look for?” she asked lightly scowling.

“A-A-Ah’m sorry, but… Ah just can’t get over of how cute and adorable ya look.”

“Yeah, well… we can’t exactly help how our bodies develop, honey.”

Applejack lightly punched her little sister on her shoulder and whispered, “Apple Bloom, show some respect.”

“Ah’m trying, sis, but… just look at her.”

Applejack kept looking at Nursery Rhyme while she was going over her papers and she slightly smiled and whispered, “Well… she does look a bit cute Ah suppose.”

“Ahem. If we’re done talking about how cute I am,” said Nurse Rhyme as she was facing them, “lets get down to business. According to this you’re here for a… pregnancy test? And I’m guess it has something to do with recent heat period?”

“Yeah, that’s right…” said Apple Bloom with a smile, “and it was awesome. Ah bet you had some fun too, right?”

“Not really. I decided to not take part.”

Apple Bloom suddenly gasped, “What?! Come on; at the least did somepony try to approach you… despite your looks?”

Nursery Rhyme thought about it for a second, and then she remembered, “Well… there was a patient that I had a few days ago. He was definitely interested in me, but he was too injured to do anything to me… or anypony else for that matter. Maybe he’ll have a chance next year… poor guy.”

Apple Bloom tried to imagine that in her head, but all she could see was a cute little filly being suggestive to an older pony. She couldn’t get the image out of her head.

“So are you sure you want to do this now?” Miss Rhyme asked, “Its a bit early to make speculations.”

“We know, said Applejack, “but we want to make sure that her matin’ process turns up negative. Its a long story.”

Miss Rhyme suddenly had a determined look on her face and responded, “Try me.”

Applejack then started to tell her, “Well, it all started when Ah had to…”

But then her little sister suddenly interrupted. “Ah had sex with a dragon.”

Applejack glared intensely at her sister for shouting that out in the middle of sentence. However, Miss Rhyme froze and dropped her papers that she had in her mouth and shouted, “You what?!”

“Well technically Ah had sex with Spike. You know, the dragon who lives here; it was him. We had a wonderful time.”

Miss Rhyme got herself out of her shock and gathered her papers back up off the ground. “W-w-well that definitely defies as… interesting. But according to history records, dragons can’t impregnate ponies. Th-they can’t, right?”

“Ah’m pretty sure they can’t,” said Applejack, “but there’s nothing wrong with being safe and making sure.”

“It’ going to be negative,” said Apple Bloom, “trust me.”

Nursery Rhyme just shrugged and then grabbed a couple of hoof gloves and slipped them on her forehooves. She got all serious and then said, “Well then… lets do this.”

-------------

After cleaning up his mess back at the library tree, Spike ran to the Ponyville Hospital as fast as he could. He was holding on to his breath as approached the building, then he rushed in almost scaring Nurse Redheart at the front desk.

“H-h-hi there, I’m... S-Spike the Dragon.”

“Yes, we know who you are,” said Redheart with an amused smile, “… seeing that you’re the only dragon living here.”

“S-s-sorry, I’m just... out of breath. Is Apple Bloom already here?”

“Yes, she is. In fact, she’s already back there having her appointment.”

Spike felt relieved that he wasn’t too late and stood up straight, “Great! I guess I’ll just let myself in.”

But when Spike was about to enter the patient hall, Redheart stepped in front of his path, “Whoa whoa whoa, where do you think you’re going?”

“To where Apple Bloom is. I promised I’d be here for her.”

Redheart denied his request, “Sorry, but what she’s doing back there is is very private business due to it being a pregnacy test. So you have to stay out here. Besides, its not like you’re the one that mated with her.”

Spike suddenly blushed and scratched his head as he responded, “Actually… I-I-I kinda am.”

The whole room suddenly became silent and everyone in the waiting area were staring at him in shock. Redheart was no different thinking that he was just making a joke.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“Why in the heck would I kid about this?” said Spike crossing his arms.

Redheart was in silence and didn’t know what to say. But she eventually broke herself out of her shocked state and told the anxious dragon, “Um… look, it’d be a bit awkward to send you back there now, so… j-just wait out there, okay.”

Spike just groaned and replied, “Yeah, fine.”

Spike was trying to calm down from wondering of how the procedure was going. But then he thought to himself, “What am I worried about anyway? Her results are probably going to be proved negative anyway. No reason to fret, Spike; everything is going to be okay.”

---------

Apple Bloom went through a few awkward procedures in getting herself tested for pregnancy. Afterwards, she and Applejack were instructed by Nursery Rhyme to stay inside the assigned room until the results were done. After a few minutes, Applejack saw her little sister slightly moving her body around in the chair she was sitting in fidgeting a bit while softly humming.

“Are ya nervous, Apple Bloom?” she asked her.

Apple Bloom jumped a bit and hesitantly said, “M-me, nervous? Of course not. Why should Ah be nervous?”

“Its okay, Apple Bloom,” said Applejack as she placed her hoof her sister’s shoulder, “At times like this, its perfectly fine to be nervous. Besides, wut are the chances that Spike actually got ya pregnant?”

“Well… seein’ that this is the first time that this kind of thang happened, that’s completely unknown. Fer all we know, Ah could become pregnant. But hey, maybe it’ll be fun bein’ a Mom.”

“Listen Apple Bloom, Ah say that you’re not pregnant,” said Applejack in a demanding voice, “And if Ah say yer not, then yer not.”

Apple Bloom just looked at her sister with lowered eyes and told her, “Ya do know sayin’ that somethang is not goin’ to happen doesn’t really make it true, right?”

Suddenly right at that moment, Nursery Rhyme opened the door and came back into the room. Although, she seemed to be dragging herself a bit like she was delaying something.

“Oh thank Celestia you’re back;”said Applejack in relief, “this suspense is killing me!”

“So, Miss Rhyme,” said Apple Bloom as she got up out of the chair, “wut are mah results? Ah’m pretty sure its obvious anyway, so just tell us so mah sister can stop freakin’ out.”

They both suddenly noticed the nervous look on Miss Rhyme’s face and she was almost afraid to give them her answer.

“Everythang okay, Miss Rhyme?” Applejack asked.

“Well…” she then pulled out a sheet of paper from her business folder, “the results are completed and are all right here, but… well… see for yourself.”

When Miss Rhyme sat the paper down, the two sisters had a look at it… and what they saw shocked them beyond belief.

-------------

Meanwhile, Spike was in the waiting room trying to read a magazine to take his mind off of things. He was nervous the whole time he was waiting but he was trying his best to not show it. However at one point, a random foal beside looked up at him and asked him...

“So, are you nervous, mister dragon?”

Spike jumped slightly and looked down at the foal staring at him trying to stay calm. “M-me, nervous? Of course not! Wh-why would I be nervous?!”

“Because you’re going to be a daddy,” the foal responded, “Don’t worry, my dad says being my daddy isn’t bad… for the most part. It does seem very fun to me.”

“I’m not going to be a daddy!!!” Spike suddenly shouted, “It was just one time, and it was the first pony/dragon mating in forever! There is no proof that I am going to be a daddy from mating with a pony! I’m not going to be a daddy, I tell you! I’m not!”

As he was catching his breath, he realized that the entire waiting room was staring at him again. He was slightly blushing from embarrassment and just sat back down trying to calm down. The young foal looked up at his mother and told her…

“He’s nervous.”

Just then, Spike heard a nearby door open where the patient hall was. Thankfully for him it Applejack and Apple Bloom that were led out by Miss Rhyme. He jumped up out of his seat and ran to them feeling relieved from stress.

“Apple Bloom! Thank Celestia you’re back out and okay… n-n-not that I was nervous or anything.”

“He was nervous!” said the same foal from the waiting area.

“I wasn’t… n-n-nevermind. So how did it go? Was it a waste of time like you predicted?”

Apple Bloom, Applejack and Nursery Rhyme were all silent and not answering right away. Spike’s nerves were heightening again feeling that something was wrong. Why couldn’t they talk.

“W-w-what’s going on?” Spike questioned nervously, “Why do you all look troubled?” He then held on to Apple Bloom while kneeling and pleaded, “Apple Bloom, say something!”

Apple Bloom gave a little shy grin and then told him, “Um… Spike, remember how Twilight said that... it was uncertain if Ah could get impregnated by you... because we were the first pony/dragon pairing to ever mate ever?”

“Y-y-yeah, I do,” said Spike, But what does that have to do with…” Then suddenly, Spike’s eyes went wide with fright… almost afraid to ask what happened. “Wait… you’re not saying… please don’t tell me...”

But much to his horror, Apple Bloom gave him his answer, “Ah had my test, and… sorry, Spike, but i-it proved to be… positive. Yer goin’ to be a daddy. Congradulations?”

Spike stood there in his kneeling stance looking slightly horrified and one of his eyes started to twitch. His very will started to quiver, and then with all his stress builded up, he released it all out at once.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!”

The loud, screeching sound could be heard all around Ponyville and could’ve have been mistaken as a harsh scream of agonizing torture. Twilight was reading a book in the library tree when suddenly she held her head up getting a strange feeling.

“Did you hear something, Owlicious?”

She saw that Owlicious was in a deep sleep since it was in the middle of the day. Twilight just looked out of the nearby window and shrugged as she went back to her book.

“Hm, must’ve been my imagination.”

Back at the hospital, poor Spike was sitting on the ground in a ball rocking back and forth continuing to freak out silently in front of the others.

"Could you perform that scream again?" said Miss Rhyme sarcastically, "I don’t think the entire town of Ponyville could hear you." She went over to the ponies who were watching the scene strongly and told them, "Don't worry, ponies, nothing to see here; just someone freaking out over becoming a father."

Apple Bloom slowly went over to him and tried to comfort him, "Are you okay, Spike? Don't worry, maybe this will be a good thang. No need to freak out."

But it didn't seem to be working as he was softly saying to himself, "This isn't happening... this isn't happening... this isn't happening."

Nurse Redheart came out after hearing the dreaded screaming and saw the state that Spike was in. "Oh dear, I think you broke him."

"You think?" said Miss Rhyme, "But he needed to know now or later... and later wouldn’t be better."

"He'll be alright," said Applejack with a low sigh, "he just needs to get over this shock. But Ah can't say that Ah blame him, Ah'm pretty shocked mahself. How could this even be possible?"

Apple Bloom began to feel a little awkward sitting in front of Spike as he was freaking out constantly. She looked at her sister and suggested, "Should... we get Twilight?"

"Y-yeah, Ah think that's best for him right about now," Applejack responded, "Just wait till Twilight hears about this."