• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 12,549 Views, 425 Comments

Spike x Bloom: a New Life - AngelShy24



Spike and Apple Bloom prepare for parenthood! (Direct sequel of "Blooming Heat")

  • ...
60
 425
 12,549

Welcome to the Family

(Sorry this took WAY too long to finish, but its finally here and finally done! Enjoy!)

(The OC baby is an alternate version of a OC created by LudiculousPegasus.)

(Finally... this chapter contains some facts of dragons that I made up for this story. Please don't hate on it.)

Apple Bloom had a wonderful date night with Spike to make up for the terrible mistake that she pulled. Afterwards, both of them were now at ease with each other even more than they had been in the past; and Apple Bloom was looking forward to having their baby in the next couple of months. Unfortunately, she didn’t have that long to wait.

In the middle of the night… about an hour past midnight, Applejack and Macintosh both heard their little sister crying out from her room; and it sounded like she was in serious pain. Both of them immediately reacted and raced towards her room and barged in. They both came to her thinking that she was having more of her uncomfortable contracting pains. But as they both saw the evidence, what they thought was far from the case.

“Yer… y-y-yer… in labor!?” Applejack said in slight panic, “Are ya sayin’ yer about to have the baby right now!”

Instead of answering right away, Apple Bloom let out another howl of pain while holding on to her stomach. It seemed to the two siblings that Apple Bloom was not kidding around.

“What the hay is goin’ on here?! We weren’t ready fer this! Not now!”

“A-A-Apple… jack?” Apple Bloom suddenly said hesitantly.

“Yes, Apple Bloom?” said Applejack as she went closer to her young sister, “Wut is it?”

“I-i-if ya don’t mind… THIS IS NO TIME TO QUESTION WUT’S HAPPENIN’! Ah need help… NOW!”

Applejack was immediately startled as she stepped back and said, “Ahh! O-o-of course!” She began pacing back and forth feeling a bit confused of what to do next. “Wut to do? Wut to do?! How would Mom and Dad handle this?! Think, Applejack! Think!”

Big Macintosh suddenly grabbed Applejack and gave her a little shake as she told her, “Get a hold of yerself, AJ! Wut we need to do is get our little sister to the hospital as soon as possible… in which Ah will be happy to do so mahself.”

Doing that seemed to work as Applejack took a deep breath and calmed down before saying, “Right. Of course, Big Mac; thanks for snappin’ me out of it. Ah’ll notify the hospital from here while ya carry AB there on yer back. Ah’m sure you’ll get her there fast enough.”

Suddenly, there was a loud thump sound at the room door; and Applejack and Macintosh looked behind them and saw Spike standing there catching his breath and said, “But not as fast as me.”

Apple Bloom then looked up and was a little surprised to see him there, “S-S-S-Spi-i-ike? Ugh!” But she then clutched around her stomach again feeling the unbearable pain.

“Whoa, you responded fast,”said Applejack to Spike, “How did ya know?”

“I just had a feeling and decided to act on it. Good thing I did.” Spike approached Apple Bloom and was becoming more troubled seeing the state she was in, “So what’s wrong? I’m here to help her in any way!”

With a slight hint of hesitance in her tone, Applejack said, “Spike… A-Ah’m afraid Apple Bloom… is goin’ into labor.”

Spike’s eyes suddenly went wide and he almost couldn't speak. He kept looking back and forth between Applejack and Apple Bloom stating, “Wh-wh-what?! Sh-she’s what?! For real?! Right now?!”

“YES, DAMNIT; YES!” shouted Apple Bloom at the top of her lungs almost scaring Spike half to death, “AH’M IN LABOR… RIGHT NOW! CAN WE PLEASE DO SOMETHANG ABOUT IT?!!!”

Spike couldn’t believe that it came to this. He thought that he had more time to prepare before Apple Bloom had their baby, but now it seemed that he didn’t have a choice now.

‘Okay, Spike, no need to act like a coward now,’ Spike thought to himself, ‘The moment is here a little earlier than expected, so… it’s time to act.’

Without much hesitation, Spike carefully took Apple Bloom and placed her on his back and told her siblings, “I’ll take Apple Bloom to the hospital. No offense to your brother, but I can get there much faster. The sooner the better, right?”

“Very well,” said Applejack, “And while you do that, Ah’ll notify the place from here. Hopefully our main nurse is still there this time of night.”

Apple Bloom was done talking at the moment and was instead constantly groaning in pain. Spike was panicking again realizing he needed to go right away, “Right, right, right; sorry! Let’s do this! Hang on, Apple Bloom!”

Spike then once again went to the window of the room and then jumped out from it then continuing on as fast as he could without shaking Apple Bloom too much.

“Go on after him, Big Mac,” said Applejack, “AB might need yer support; and Ah’ll come as soon as Ah can!”

“Eyup,” Macintosh replied before dashing out of the room.

As Macintosh followed after Spike, Applejack looked outside up at the starry night sky that was perfectly clear as she quietly said to herself, “Mom… Dad… Ah don’t know why this is happening now, but… please… watch over her.”

---------

At the Ponyville Health & Care hospital,

Nurse Rhyme was in the middle of getting ready to heading out. Her night shift was now over and she was looking forward to having some rest. But all of a sudden, she heard the phone go off in her office; and since she was still there, she knew she had no choice but to answer it. She sighed hoping that it wasn’t anything too serious.

“Who could that be at this time of night?” she lightly groaned, “I was just about to end my night shift.”

She went over to the phone and picked it up; and as she began to talk, she tried her best to sound alert, “Hello? This is Nurse Rhyme. ‘YAWN’ How may I help you?” When she heard who was on the line, she became a bit worried, “Oh, Applejack… so nice to hear from you at 1:25 in the morning. Oh don’t worry, it's okay. You just caught me at the last minute is all. So, what can I do for you?”

Applejack began telling Nurse Rhyme about everything that what was happening right at the moment. Rhyme’s eyes suddenly went wide, her mane drooped a little as she suddenly questioned, “Huh? Wh-what about Apple Bloom?” Once she realized that she heard correctly, she was almost at a lost for words. “Wait, what?! Am I hearing you correctly?! Apple Bloom is already… in labor?!!! This better not be a late night prank.”

But of course she knew that Applejack and Apple Bloom would never joke about something like this. It was at that time that she made a bold decision to stay at the hospital longer to assist with the situation. She did promise them that she was going to be there when it happen and she wasn’t going to take it back now.

“So… it’s really happening, huh? I never would’ve thought. Well... don’t you worry about a thing; your sister will be in good hooves. You can count on that. See ya when you get here.”

After hanging up, Nurse Rhyme took another deep breath and prepared to head off to the main lobby where the other main nurses were while thinking to herself, ‘Looks like my night shift has extended. I’m going to sleep well in the morning.’

-----------

During this dire time of night, Spike wasn’t the only one who had a weird feeling of something going on with Apple Bloom. Sweetie Belle had snuck out of her Sister's place and went out into the street as she was making her way to Sweet Apple Acres. But on the way, she ran into her other friend, Scootaloo who was also on her way to the same destination.

“Scootaloo?” said Sweetie Belle, “What are you doing up this late?”

“I could ask you the same thing;” Scootaloo lightly chuckled, “so I guess we’re both guilty.” She then went on to tell Sweetie Belle of why she was out in the middle of the night. “I had this weird dream that something serious was going to happen to Apple Bloom with her pregnancy. I couldn’t sleep. So I quietly snuck out to make sure that she was okay.”

“Get out!” Sweetie Bell softly shouted, “I dreamed something like that to; and I couldn’t sleep and had the same idea!”

“Are you trying to weird me out, Sweetie Belle?”

“No, I’m serious. She was at a hospital, and she screamed a lot calling out Spike’s name. Next thing I knew, doctors and nurses were all around her shouted and yelling things to her telling her what to do! That’s all I remember though, so I can’t exactly confirm what it was all about.”

“Whoa… that is freaky,” Scootaloo stated, “Well I guess since we’re both here and we both had similar dreams, we might as well go together. I just hope things aren’t as bad as we may think.”

“Yeah.”

As Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo continued on together, Sweetie decided to ask, “By the way, are you sure that your dream was exactly the same as mine?”

“Mostly,” Scootaloo replied, “But did your dream have Spike as a pony and Apple Bloom as a dragon?”

That took Sweetie by surprised, and she was trying to imagine the image in her as she responded, “No way; that must have freaked you out a bit.”

“Not really,” said Scootaloo nonchalantly, “Although, it was kinda weird seeing her poop a dragon egg out of her dragon ass.”

Sweetie couldn’t help but giggle a bit from that comment.

“Also for some weird reason, I saw Pinkie Pie randomly go by my viewpoint one time riding a unicycle while wearing a diaper, sucking on a binky and juggling balls. Now that was freaky.”

Sweetie suddenly froze as looked at her friend with wide eyes and told her, “Wow… lucky!”

Suddenly, Sweetie and Scootaloo felt a slight vibration from the ground underneath their hooves. Sweetie became concerned as she looked at Scootaloo and asked, “Hold on… do you feel that?”

Then quicker than they could anticipate, Spike the Dragon came trampling through and leapt over the two young mares and continued onward on the path. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were both startled from his sudden appearance; but they also noticed someone else.

“Whoa! Was that… Spike?!” shouted Scootaloo.

“Yeah,” said Sweetie Belle, “but who or what is that laid on his back?”

Scootaloo took a close look as Spike was running of and then gasped as she saw who was resting on his back, “No way, I-I think that's Apple Bloom!”

“They look like they were in a hurry,” said Sweetie Belle worryingly, “I wonder where they're going?”

“I don’t know,” said Scootaloo, “but come on; we need to find out!”

The two ponies began following after Spike and Apple Bloom in hopes to figuring out what was going on; and it was quite convenient that this was happening after the conjoining dreams they both had. But pretty soon, they were joined by Macintosh who was following after Spike and his Apple Bloom. However as he was running, he had suddenly started eyeing Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo with an arched eyebrow. The two younger ponies could do nothing but nervously smile at him.

“You two better have a good reason fer bein’ up and out here this time of night,” said Macintosh in a light, demanding tone.

“Heh heh… t-trust us,” said Scootaloo, “we have a very good explanation.”

As they all ran off, another young pony named Dinky was walking nearby with her Mother, Derpy. Derpy tilted her head and was being curious asking her daughter, “I wonder what that was all about?”

“‘YAWN!’ I don’t know, Mom,” said Dinky feeling very tired while hanging her head down, “Let's just… get back home and get some sleep, okay? I've been through enough tonight already.”

“Sure thing; but I'm just saying… we might be missing out on something fun.”

Dinky just sighed and rolled her eyes. Sometimes, she didn’t know what to do with her Mother.

--------

Spike was storming down the path as fast as he could towards the Health and Care Center. He needed to get Apple Bloom there as soon as he could so she could properly give birth. But even as she was resting on his back, Apple Bloom was still in so much pain; and it didn’t seem to lessen any at all.

“Oh mah… GAWD!!! Wut is happenin’ to me?! Ah feel like mah stomach is burnin’ from the inside!”

Spike was becoming very worried for her from the way she was crying out. ‘Burning from the inside?’ He was hoping that she didn’t mean that in a literal sense.

“Hang in there, Apple Bloom!” he shouted, “We’re almost there! J-just think calm and... comforting thoughts!”

“Ugh! Ah oughta give you somethin’ comfortin’, ya d-dumb dragon!” Apple Bloom shouted in frustration.

Ignoring the statement that Apple Bloom said to him, Spike kept on running until he finally saw the Health and Care Center in his sight. However, he wasn’t expecting to see some of the employees standing right outside the building with a gurney at their disposal.

“Wow, Applejack definitely worked fast.”

Nurse Redheart was the main one there and she helped the others in carefully getting Apple Bloom on her back on the gurney. She told Spike, “We know what is going on. We have no time to lose!”

One of the unicorn nurses did a scan spell over Apple Bloom’s body to check the status of her predicament. Afterwards she suddenly gasped and stated, “Oh my… this looks really serious. Don’t worry, Apple Bloom, we’ll get you to the emergency room posthaste.”

Apple Bloom was laying on the gurney groaning in continuous pain and just stated, “Do wutever ya need to do, just… get this pain to s-stop!”

“Wait… Emergency room?!” said Spike feeling panicked and concerned, “Are we really resorting to that?!”

The unicorn whispered something in Redheart’s ear; and then Redheart’s eyes grew wide as she looked at Spike and said, “I’m afraid we have no choice. Let's go!”

As Spike followed them as they wheeled Apple Bloom into the center, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Macintosh were closing in from far off.

“There! I can see the center,” Scootaloo shouted to her friend, “hurry!”

Scootaloo was using her wings for extra lift to go forward, but Sweetie was literally panting in exhaustion trying to keep up with her, “I’m… running… as fast as I… can!”

Once they both got to the entrance way, they rushed in and looked around; but they didn’t see their friend anywhere. Their only choice was to talk to a nearby worker that was going by.

“Which way did they take A.B?!” both of them strongly asked.

The employee was a little startled at first; but as soon as she pointed in the direction, Apple Bloom’s friends instantly ran off in a hurry. The employee suddenly saw Apple Bloom’s big brother, Big Macintosh calmly walk in as he saw Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo run off.

“Your sister’s friends?” the employee asked the red stallion.

“Yep.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were galloping down the hallways in the direction that was given to them in hopes that they could catch their friend. But they couldn’t escape the certain thoughts from their heads.

“Oh… do you think what Macintosh said was true?” said Sweetie Belle.

“Of course it's true!” Scootaloo replied loudly, “Why would he joke about something like this?”

“I’m just being cautious is all. Anyway, I guess this confirms our conjoined dreams. I just hope Apple Bloom is okay.”

“Please… Apple Bloom is a tough pony;” said Scootaloo with a light chuckle, “almost as tough as me. I’m sure she’ll be just fine… she has to be.”

It was at that time that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo turned at a certain corner; and down that path, they both saw Spike in their sights again.

“Look, there’s Spike up ahead!” Scootaloo shouted, “That must be where Apple Bloom is!”

The two hurried and approached Spike feeling relieved of catching up to him; and Sweetie was gasping for breath when she asked him, “Is… A.B… alright?”

But suddenly, they both suddenly noticed that Spike was crying while blatantly staring at the dual doors in front of him, “I… I-I-I don’t know. But… if something happens to Apple Bloom… it will be all my fault.”

From the sound of Spike’s tone of voice, they could tell that whatever was going was very serious. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo didn’t like the fact that Spike was blaming himself again for what was happening, but they did feel sorry for him.

“Is that seriously wut yer thinkin’ right now?” said a sudden deep voice from behind.

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Spike all suddenly looked behind them to see Macintosh who had finally caught up them; but not by running. Spike saw the way Macintosh was looking at him with a stern expression and tried to say, “B-but I…”

But Macintosh stopped him before he could start his statement, “But nuthin’. Yer not alone on this. We’re all just as worried about this as you are, but we shouldn’t let it get us down. Apple Bloom will be fine and can get through this, but ya need to do your part by believing that she can.”

Spike suddenly wiped away his tears and was trying to calm down knowing that Macintosh was right. “S-sorry. It's just that… it was so sudden, and this is happening… way too soon; and it just… freaked me out. But you’re right, I shouldn’t worry so much. Apple Bloom and I already promised each other to not think that way anyway. No matter what happens, I must stay strong… for her.”

“That’s the spirit, Spike!” said Scootaloo as she patted her hoof on Spike’s side, “We all need to be strong for her!”

Then Sweetie came on the other side and said, “And doing so will help her get through this.”

Suddenly, Spike realized something looking at the two older fillies, “Wait a minute, I just realized something. What in Equestria are you two doing here; and how did you know what was happening?!”

“It's actually a very interesting story,” Sweetie Belle lightly chuckled, “Scootaloo and I both had conjoining dreams where Apple Bloom was already having a baby with a lot of doctors and nurses around. So apparently, we both decided to sneak out of our houses to go and see if Apple Bloom was okay. But… technically, Big Mac is the one who told what was really going on.”

Spike was quite shocked of what they did; and the fact that they thought that it was normal for them to do so. “You both snuck out of your houses… in the middle of the night?! Are you both out of your freaking minds?!”

“Hey, give us a break why don’t ya!” said Scootaloo, “We did it because we were only worried about Apple Bloom just like you were!”

Spike just smirked and shook his head; Scootaloo did have a point. However, he turned his head back to the dual doors where Apple Bloom was and said in contempt, “Well one thing is for certain… I’ll make sure that nothing will ruin this day.”

-------------

On the other side of the dual doors, Nurse Redheart and Nurse Rhyme were working with others to prepare Apple Bloom for her sudden birth. As they set her up on a bed in the emergency room, Apple Bloom’s pain was not settling at all; and all she could do was continue to groan and scream in pain. It was making some of the nurses a bit nervous, but this wasn’t anything they haven’t handled before. And it was better for them that Apple Bloom was now the only patient in that area of the center.

Nurse Rhyme was beside Apple Bloom to help her get into a comfortable position to begin pushing. She told her, “Hang in there, Apple Bloom! We’ll get that baby out of you soon; I promise!”

“Ugh! C-can ya...get it out now?!!!” Apple Bloom screamed.

A small sweat drop formed on Rhyme’s forehead as she lightly chuckled, “Um… I’m afraid we can’t rush thing too much. Just concentrate on your breathing and try your best to push that baby out.”

“E-e-easier said th-than done! Ah can hardly relax with this burnin’ sensation in mah stomach! Damnit, does every pregnant mare feel like this?!”

“I wouldn’t know,” Nurse Rhyme responded.

Nurse Redheart was studying over a computerized scan that was monitoring Apple Bloom. But as she continued to look, she suddenly noticed something that troubled her, “Oh dear. Miss Rhyme, you might want to come look at this!”

Nurse Rhyme came over to the monitor screen where Redheart was and saw the silhouette of the baby inside Apple Bloom. She was quite surprised of it's development. “Whoa, look at it. I knew a that the baby’s growth was a little faster than normal; but… for it this big so soon, it’s no wonder that Apple Bloom is about to burst.”

“That is true,” said Redheart in a troubled tone, “but I’m afraid that is not the main problem here; look. Not only is the baby already in full development, but there seems to be some kind of heat emanating from it's body.”

“Yeah, I can see that,” said Nurse Rhyme as she saw the proof on screen, “However… it does seems that the temperature is getting a bit higher… and it's…. not stopping. Sh-shouldn’t we be concerned about that?”

Then Redheart revealed to her, “When Spike brought Apple Bloom to the front doors, my assistant had whispered something to me after scanning her magic over her body. I didn’t want her to be right, but… it seems that she is. Due to the major stress that the baby is feeling of being born, it's body is giving off rising hot temperatures.”

“Ahhhh! W-w-wut… does that… e-even mean?!” said Apple Bloom who overheard.

Nurse Rhyme then answered her, “I’m afraid... th-that it means that you’re not just feeling that your stomach is burning; your stomach... really is burning on the inside… more or less.”

“WHAT?! Ugh!”

“Wait, now I remember,” said Redheart, “This sort of thing is normal with dragons, but a dragon's body is capable of handling those temperatures. They do breathe fire after all. However… Apple Bloom is not a dragon.”

“No wonder Ah've been feelin’ like crap!” said Apple Bloom, “Ugh… that explains a lot. But… does th-that mean that mah baby is actually… h-h-half dragon?”

“I guess that is the only logical explanation; go figure,” said Nurse Rhyme, “B-b-but don’t worry; right now it's not at any scalding temperature. But we do need to get this baby out; otherwise… um, well… I hate to even think about it.”

“Geez,” Apple Bloom groaned, “that’s very comfortin’.”

It was then at that time that Redheart and Rhyme were guiding Apple Bloom to start pushing as carefully as she could. Nurse Rhyme was beside her again and told her, “Alright, just concentrate… concentrate, try to be calm and think happy thoughts…”

Apple Bloom suddenly glared at her feeling a bit upset of her words.

“S-s-sorry, bad choice of words,” said Nurse Rhyme nervously, “Whatever, just push!”

Nurse Redheart joined Nurse Rhyme and some of the other nurses to work with Apple Bloom as she began to push with all her might. The contracting pain was rapidly shooting through her body; but she expected as much. She was breathing in and out and concentrating on her goal to finally give birth. But unfortunately at some point, Apple Bloom let out the loudest scream than she had so far and showed no sign of having the baby out of her.

“Ahhh!” she screamed as she fell on her back, “It's not workin’! It's not workin’! Damnit, why won't ya come out already?!”

“Um, Miss Redheart?” said one of the assistant nurses who was standing over the monitoring screen, “The temperatures are still rising!”

Redheart and Rhyme were panicking even more than what they felt on the inside. They didn’t want the worse case scenario of this situation to suddenly take place in front of them.

“We need to figure out something fast!” said Nurse Rhyme, “We did not do all of that preparing over the months just to fail!”

Apple Bloom was just laying on the bed sweating and panting heavily. She was trying to overcome the pain that she was feeling, but it was too much for her to bear. But suddenly, a questionable idea came into Redheart’s head as she said, “Wait… I think I have an idea. This may sound a bit crazy, but… maybe there's a way to calm the baby inside; and in doing so, the heat will go down… making it easier for Apple Bloom to push him out.”

Nurse Rhyme thought about it, and then decided, “That...could actually work.” She then turned to Apple Bloom and asked her quickly, “Apple Bloom, during your moments of pain, were there any moments of when it seemed to die down the most?”

Apple Bloom was still in constant pain, but she was able to ponder on the question a bit and then said, “Ugh! Uh… A-A-Ah’ve had a lot of those moments, but… A-Ah guess the baby s-s-seemed to be at it's most c-calm whenever… Spike… was around.”

It was then that they knew what to do to possibly save Apple Bloom’s life. Redheart suddenly shouted, “That’s it! We need the dragon!”

---------------

Around that time, Applejack had finally made to the Ponyville Health and Care center. She carefully galloped through the halls until she got to where she saw her Big Brother, Macintosh waiting for her. “Ah’m here, Big Mac! Ah told Granny Smith everythang; but Ah knew that she couldn’t come out at this time of night. So Winona is keepin’ an eye on the farm until one of us gets back. Although, Ah’m still wonderin’ how Granny Smith slept through what happened… even at her age.”

“Yeup,” Macintosh agreed.

Suddenly, Applejack noticed Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo being there too. They both grinned and waved at her; and in response, she arched her eye and said, “Wait a minute, wut are you two doin here this time of night?!”

“Ugh!” Scootaloo groaned, “Are we going to have to explain everything again?!”

“You know wut… nevermind,” said Applejack trying to calm down, “Ah’ll wonder about that later.”

Immediately, she went over to Spike who was sitting the closest to the nearby dual doors with his hands folded and his head down in deep thought. She came beside him and questioned him, “You doin’ okay, Spike? How’s Apple Bloom doin’?”

“Right now… I’m not so sure,” said Spike without lifting up his head, “The nurses were going on about something serious going on in her right now, and it may be the cause of why she is in so much pain. I’m doing my best to be strong, but… I don’t know; I just wish I could be in there right now to make sure things are okay.”

‘It's that serious, Huh?’ Applejack thought to herself in slight worry, ‘Ah guess it's a good thing we were awoken by her screams, or else things might have been worse than it already might be.’

Applejack placed her hoof on Spike’s shoulder and told him in a comforting tone, “Don’t worry, Spike. If Ah know mah little sis, that means she has the means to get through anythang. That’s just how us Apples do things. She’ll be okay; Ah promise.”

But right at that moment of comfort, everyone there suddenly jumped to their hooves (and feet) as Nurse Rhyme came crashing through the dual doors and turned her attention to Spike as she shouted, “You, Spike the Dragon! We need you!”

“Huh? What?!” Spike strongly questioned.

“Your mate needs you by her side right now! Her very life might depend on it! There’s no time to waste!”

“W-w-wait, what do you mean by…” But before Spike could finish, Nurse Rhyme quickly got a hold of Spike and then began pushing him towards the dual doors from behind causing him to suddenly shout, “Ahhhhhhhh!”

After pushing him through the doors, everyone else was quick to act upon hearing what the young nurse said before.

“Hold up!” Applejack questioned, “Wut about us?! Shouldn’t we come to?”

Nurse Rhyme suddenly looked at them and and then said immediately, “Um… nope, sorry. But you can support all of us… from out here.”

After she left, Everyone was just standing there feeling completely baffled of what happened before them. They had no idea what was going on, and it was just making them more antsy.

“The hell?!” said Scootaloo, “How is that even fair?! And what did that nurse mean by Apple Bloom’s very life depends on Spike?!”

“Your guess is as good as ours, Scoots.” Applejack sighed.

Sweetie Belle just tilted her head while pondering on a certain fact. “She’s pretty strong for a little earth mare, isn’t she?”

-------------

Nurse Rhyme successfully got Spike into the emergency ward where Apple Bloom and shouted to the others, “Here he is! I got him!”

Once Spike got his bearings together, he looked over at the hospital bed where Apple Bloom was lying and covered in a sheet from the shoulders down; constantly groaning loudly. He quickly rushed over to her and shouted in worry, “Apple Bloom!” He then looked over at the nurses and strongly questioned, “What’s going on?! What’s happening with her that you guys need me here since I wasn’t invited in here before?!”

“Long story short,” Nurse Rhyme quickly said, “the baby’s body is heating up a lot due to high stress levels; and it's only getting hotter! If we can’t find a way to calm the baby down and lower the temperature, we fear of what it might do to her!”

“Say what now?!” Spike shouted. Now that he knew what was going on, he was even more worried than he already was. He didn’t want to suddenly lose her like this; and he could only imagine of how Apple Bloom’s family and friends would take it.

“Stay by her side!” Redheart ordered Spike, “Try to comfort her and the baby! It's our only chance at this; you might be her only hope!”

Spike’s body was getting jittery as he looked back down at Apple Bloom in the condition she was in. Fearing for her health, he said softly to her, “Oh my God. I’m… so sorry.”

“Ugh… y-y-ya b-better be,” Apple Bloom responded in light angry tone while glaring at him, “Ah’m… n-never lettin’ you impregnate me again.”

Suddenly, all Spike could do was smile and lightly chuckle as he held one of Apple Bloom’s hooves in his hands and said, “Heh… whatever you wish, Apple Bloom. But right now… I’m here for you. Everything is going to be okay. We’ll both get through this.”

Being careful, Spike partially placed his arm around Apple Bloom as he slowly lifted her off of her back and gave her support. But at that moment, Apple Bloom suddenly felt her pain ease up a bit to the point where she wasn’t constantly hoping for relief.

“W-whoa… th-that’s weird,” said Apple Bloom calmly, “A-A-Ah suddenly… do feel a little better now. Is you bein’ here really workin’.”

Spike’s only response was to shrug his shoulders. But then, Nurse Rhyme answered herself saying in excitement, “I’d say it is! The temperature is going down drastically! Look!”

She pointed everyone’s attention to the monitoring screen to see that what she said was true. The temperature inside Apple Bloom’s body was receding at a steady rate. All of the nurses sighed in relief.

“Now that is truly a miracle,” said Redheart, “We weren’t even sure if that would work; but thank Celestia it did.”

Spike couldn’t believe it. Just seconds before, Apple Bloom was in a state of peril that was endangering her life; but now she was fine thanks to him.

“Was that… really because of… me?”

“It's because of the both of you,” said Nurse Redheart with a proud smirk, “It already seems that when it's upset, it calms down whenever the two of you are here together. But that's just a hypothesis; I'm not 100% sure.”

“Wow... Applejack and the others aren't going to believe this,” Spike said with a light chuckle.

Now that things had calmed down and Apple Bloom’s health was no longer in danger, Nurse Rhyme came over to Apple Bloom again to assist with her procedure while Nurse Redheart stayed at the monitoring screen. It was time for to finally finish this birth once and for all.

“Alright, Apple Bloom,” said Nurse Rhyme as she lifted the foot of the bed sheet with another, “we need you to relax your body and begin pushing again; and take your time if you need to. Can you do that right now?”

“Yeah…” Apple Bloom responded hesitantly, “A-Ah think Ah can.”

Then without delay, Apple Bloom gathered her strength and began pushing again. She no longer felt the burning sensation that she was constantly feeling from before, but the process was still painful. However, that was normal. Nurse Rhyme was at the foot of the bed sheet looking under it to keep watch of the progression. Nurse Redheart was one side of Apple Bloom encouraging her, and Spike was doing the same on the other side.

“That’s it! Keep it going!” shouted Nurse Rhyme from under the sheet, “You got it!”

Apple Bloom was making progress and she could her slowly feel her making his way out from her body. As she kept screaming and pushing, Spike was looking down at her at feeling a major rush inside his body as he was thinking, ’Sweet Celestia, this is intense; and I’m not even the one pushing. But if she‘s going to be strong about this, then so will I.’

“Oh my… I'm starting to see something!” Nurse Rhyme suddenly shouted, “Don’t give up!”

This was it; the initial birth of the first pony/dragon hybrid was about to happen. Deep inside, Spike was getting really excited as he said, “I can’t believe this is happening!” But at that moment, Spike couldn’t help but to bend down a little and take a little peak under the sheet. “I have to see this! I have to see the very moment that the baby...c-c-comes…”

But when he looked, he suddenly saw the top of a head; and it kept coming out with every push Apple Bloom made. “... out.”

The very sight of that together with the intense situation somehow proved to be too much for Spike as suddenly felt a bit woozy and then fell on the ground unconscious. It startled most of the assistant nurses there, and Apple Bloom noticed herself as she shouted…

“S-S-Spike?! Spike!”

-----------

“Spike? Spike, are you okay? Spike?”

After fainting of seeing an actual birth in person, the next thing Spike suddenly heard was someone else calling out to him. He slowly gained consciousness as he opened his eyes and saw that he was back in the main room where the others were.“Ugh… wha… what happened?” But soon enough, he saw Twilight looking down at him with a face of relief; but he was wondering what she was doing great there. “Twilight?”

“Glad to see you awake, Spike,” said Twilight, “After you left the house, I couldn’t sleep no matter how hard I tried. So I decided to go to the farm, but you weren’t there; so I only assumed that you were here instead. When I got here though, I found you passed out in front of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. What in the world happened? Something go on with Apple Bloom?”

Suddenly, Spike began to remember what he was there for and what was already happening. “A-Apple Bloom? Apple Bloom! That’s right; she was… and I ended up... I-I need to see if she’s…”

Spike quickly tried to get back up to go back through the doors, but Twilight suddenly pulled him back with her magic. “Hold it right there, dragon boy; no need to rush so quickly.”

“Ah’m not quite sure wut happened in there,” Applejack explained, “but all we do know is that once Apple Bloom began givin’ birth and Spike saw it, it was too much for him… and he just fainted. That’s wut one of the nurses told us anyway.”

“Geez, Spike, way too stay strong,” said Scootaloo sarcastically, “Too bad you miss the initial birth; but then again, so did we.”

“What?!” Spike exclaimed, “Oh man; really?! Why did I have to conk out at such a big moment?! This sucks!”

“Don’t fret about it, Spike,”said Twilight “you couldn’t help it. Ah guess you’ve never seen or witness an actual birth so up-close and personal; and it's not exactly the same as watching an egg hatch.”

But that didn't matter to Spike, “No, but I shouldn’t have fainted like that. That was so embarrassing.”

“Well... Ah wonder wut’s going on in there now,” said Applejack, “It's been awfully quiet for a while after they brought Spike back out here. Ah hope everythang is alright.”

“Yeup…”

It was suddenly quiet for a few more minutes as Spike and the others just sat there outside the dual doors waiting for a confirmation on Apple Bloom’s birth. But sure enough, the doors finally opened, and Nurse Rhyme came out from them. At once, they all shouted...

“Nurse Rhyme!”

“Hello, everypony,” said Rhyme calmly, “Thank you all for being so patient; especially at this time of night.”

Spike had immediately jumped up and ran over to her causing her to back up a bit and said, “Nurse Rhyme, please tell me! How did this get go with Apple Bloom?! Is the baby okay?!”

Nurse Rhyme looked up at him and lightly smiled as she responded, “Well… the truth is that I should ask you that...after you fainted and all. You’re not used to the sight of birth, are you?”

“Can we not dwell on that fact right now?!” Spike shouted as he grabbed a hold of Nurse Rhyme and brought her closer to his face, “Answer my damn question already!”

Keeping calm under pressure, Nurse Rhyme just responded, “Calm down, Spike; it's alright. Apple Bloom is okay… and so is the baby.”

Suddenly, Spike slowly placed Rhyme back down and said, “Y… y-y-y-you mean…”

“That’s right, the birth was successful. It took a lot out of her, but… she’s going to be just fine.”

Hearing the good news brought proud and happy smiles to everyone’s faces; especially Apple Bloom’s siblings. Spike felt so relieved, all he could do was fall on his knees and lightly chuckle to himself. He knew all along that Apple Bloom would come through.

“Why don’t you come in and see your new son,” said Nurse Rhyme to Spike, “In fact, you can all come in… since everything is under control now.”

She didn’t have to tell any of them twice. They all nodded in agreement and were preparing to go see Apple Bloom and the baby. Spike was the first to approach the doors, but he immediately froze in his steps. He wasn’t quite sure if he was ready for what he was about to see.

“Come on, Spike, it's okay,” said Twilight from behind, “Just stay strong; and we’ll be right here with you.”

Nurse Rhyme led them all through the doors and into the room where Apple Bloom was resting. They were all glad to see her again, but they immediately noticed that she was holding something in her hooves.

Spike was hesitant when approaching her and softly said, “A-A-Apple Bloom?”

Apple Bloom suddenly looked over to her side to see everyone there and and calmly smiled as she felt at ease, “Hey, Spike. Hey, everypony. It's nice to see you all here.” But then she saw her two best friends, “Wait… what are you two doing here?”

“Never mind about that right now,” Sweetie Belle chuckled, “We’ll tell you another time. Right now we’re just glad to see that you're okay.”

Once again, Spike was a little hesitant in going forward. But then Applejack came up to him and told him, “Well… go on, Spike. You should be the first of us to see your son.”

“Eeyup,” Macintosh agreed.

Spike heeded their words and took a deep breath as he slowly made his way to Apple Bloom. His body was shaking with anticipation and and his hands trembling with excitement, but he wasn’t sure of what he would do once he saw what cuddled in Apple Bloom’s arms. Apple Bloom was lightly chuckling seeing how nervous he was and was purposely holding the baby away from him so he couldn’t see right away. But once she uncovered the top of the baby covered in cloth, Spike’s first initial words were…

“Sweet… balls of fire.”

Buried within the cloth, Spike saw what looked like the face of a baby dragon with the mane of a pony in his color. He appeared to also have the same color as Apple Bloom though.

“Isn’t he adorable,” said Apple Bloom This little cutie came out of me. He did put up quite a fuss after coming out, but… strangely, he quieted down after the nurses finished cleaning him. And look…”

Apple Bloom then carefully unraveled the whole cloth to reveal all of the baby underneath. Spike could see that their baby had a body that mostly resembled a pony, but he had a dragon tail that lightly waved from side to side as he continued to nap.

Finally seeing their baby and what he looked like brought a big bright smile to Spike’s face and said, “Wow, that’s pretty cool. He’s definitely our baby.” He then bent down to take a closer look at him and felt the warm breath of it's snore against his snout. “Hey, little guy, welcome to the outside world. Its finally great to see you here. And don’t worry, your life are in good hooves.”

Then at that moment, Spike almost jumped when the baby suddenly let out a huge yawn confirming that he was now barely awake. As Spike stayed where he was, the baby began sniffing around where he was and reached out with one of his little hooves. Then, he finally hit his mark as his hoof landed on Spike’s snout and then lightly babbled…

“Da.”

Everyone suddenly gasped in excitement in hearing that. It may have not been clear, but they knew that the baby obviously sensed Spike and knew that it was him. Spike suddenly teared up immensely in his eyes after witnessing what had happened. He was happy that his little son had already acknowledged him.

“Eyup, he knows who you are alright,” said Apple Bloom cheerfully, “Yer not goin’ to cry, are ya?”

After pulling away, Spike wiped away some of his tears and responded, “Does it make me… any less of a dragon to do so?”

“Absolutely not,” Apple Bloom chuckled, “Even dragons have to cry sometimes; whether they’re happy or sad.” She then looked over at the others and told them, “Hey guys, care to come over here to? Don’t worry, he won’t bite… heh, yet.”

Now that Spike had a good look at his son, the others came over being careful to not crowd the baby too much. But regardless, this was the moment they’ve waited to see since… well, you know.

“Awww… he’s so cute!” shouted Scootaloo, “I am so jealous of you right now, Apple Bloom!”

“Ya wouldn’t feel so jealous if ya truly knew of the pain Ah went through;” Apple Bloom chuckled, “trust me.”

“But still… you must feel very lucky to have such an adorable bundle of joy to call your own!”

Apple Bloom looked down at her baby who was snoozing again and smiled as she said, “Yeah, it really is.”

“Look at him, Big Mac;” said Applejack with tears in her eyes, “the first nephew of our family. It's a little sooner than we expected to get one, but… it finally happened.”

“Eyup,” said Macintosh with tears in his eyes to.

Then Applejack gave him a little smirk as she stated, “Now then... when will we expect one from you?”

Macintosh just responded by giving her a low-eyed glare.

Of course for Twilight, she was so excited to finally see reproductive result of Apple Bloom and Spike’s child. “This is… so unreal! I-I-I can’t believe what I’m seeing! He’s actually what I hypothesized of what he could look like; well… one of my hypothesis. He has a body that mostly resembles a pony, but he has a dragon snout and tail! I wonder if he can breathe fire to?”

Suddenly, Nurse Rhyme answered nearby, “We’ve yet to see any evidence of that yet, but he was just born; so… it's too early to tell. But I would keep a close eye on on him if I were you.”

Apple Bloom then noticed that her baby was starting to barely open his eyes. She thought it was adorable that he was trying to look at the world around him. “Look, Spike, he has mah eyes too. Too bad he’s completely blind right now though.”

The more Spike looked at their child, the more he wanted to see him in his own arms. So, he nervously asked Apple Bloom, “Can I… hold him?”

“Well that’s a dumb question,” said Apple Bloom, “Ah would hate mahself if Ah didn’t let ya.”

Spike reached out his arms as Apple Bloom carefully placed their baby in his hold. Spike was watching as the baby was still reaching its hooves out and was trying to gain an understanding of what was happening around.

“I never thought of how proud and happy I would feel once I had him in my arms,” Spike stated as he continued to smile, “but… what I'm feeling right now… is beyond words; I can’t stop smiling.”

“Isn’t that the most precious sight you've ever saw?” said Nurse Redheart to Nurse Rhyme who were watching nearby.

Nurse Rhyme was trying to fight back tears; but she felt so happy for the new parents. “W-w-what are you talking about? We see things like this all the time. I-it's nothing special.”

“So have you two decided on a name yet?” said Sweetie Belle suddenly, “I can’t wait to hear what it is.”

Apple Bloom and Spike looked at each other for a moment and then nodded in agreement as Apple Bloom responded, “We have. Ah was thinkin’ on the lines of maybe namin’ him Flame Core, but Spike thought that it was a bit too obvious of a name for him. But lookin’ at him now, Ah think we both know what his name shall be.”

As Spike cuddled his son more, he answered to the others, “His name is… Apple Spice.”

“Apple Spice, huh?” said Applejack, “Ah like it. Ah’m not sure why, but it definitely suits him somehow.”

“Eyup, it sure does.”

“There is still one thing I don't get though,” Nurse Redheart suddenly stated, “We're not quite sure of why the baby arrived sooner than we thought.”

She did have a point. None of them had any idea of why Apple Bloom had an early birth. The baby wasn’t premature, so what was the case?

“I can actually answer that,” said Twilight suddenly, “But don't worry, it's actually a simple and obvious one; and I didn't even have to study to know this. The main reason… is because a dragon's birth cycle is basically shorter than ours.”

The whole room was suddenly silent in shock. None of the nurses could believe that they didn't think of that possibility during their preparations. They felt quite embarrassed.

“Wow, that is a simple and obvious answer,” said Scootaloo, “Don't know why we didn't think of that before.”

“That makes so much sense,” said Spike feeling dumbfounded, “I should've known.”

“Wut do you mean by that, Spike?” Apple Bloom questioned.

“Well… being a dragon myself and a personal assistant to a major bookworm, I already knew of that fact. But the truth is that a dragon normally gives birth even sooner than you did. But of course, that's after they lay their egg… or eggs. I wasn't sure of how it was going to work out since you wouldn't normally lay eggs. So when that time frame passed, I figured that it was just going to be like a normal pony birth as I predicted. But I guess that was hardly the case. The whole baby heating inside the womb took me by surprise, believe me.”

Suddenly, Apple Bloom and Spike both saw their baby yawning again. But this time, they saw something that they didn't notice before.

“Whoa, did you see that?!” said Spike in excitement, “A dragon tooth! He has his first tooth!””

“A tooth… already?” said Apple Bloom, “How is that possible?”

“Well… Spike already had a tooth when I hatched him,” said Twilight, “so I guess this isn’t so surprising.”

Applejack was happy that Apple Bloom had survived her predicament and gave birth to a healthy baby. But she was still concerned of what happened to her when she was in labor and wanted to be sure. “Nurse Redheart; this is all so touchin’ and heartwarmin’, but Ah understand that that the baby’s stress was causin’ his body to heat up from inside Apple Bloom while she was in labor. Ah hope nothin’ too serious happened to her; did it?”

However, Redheart was proud to tell her, “Well thankfully… thanks to Spike, we were able to get the baby out before it's stressed body did any real damage. We already gave her some medicine that should help heal any wounds inside her body, so… there’s nothing to worry about. No harm done.”

“Whew… thank Celestia! That’s a relief.”

With his eyes now closed again, the baby, now known as Apple Spice was was mumbling slightly in Spike’s arms; and Spike decided to hand him back down to his Mother. “Here, Apple Bloom; I think he wants you back.”

As Spike was watching Apple Bloom cuddle Apple Spice back into her hooves, he just smiled and couldn’t get over the fact that this was really happening; that was now officially a father. Twilight came up beside him with a serene smile and placed her hoof on his side as she asked, “Are you okay, Spike?”

“Never been better,” said Spike calmly, “I’ve never realized just how great it is to know that you’re a father until today. I guess this is how Mr. Cake feels. Looks like we have something to talk about together.”

“The first pony/dragon hybrid,” said Sweetie Belle as she was looking at Apple Spice closely, “What do you think of it, Scootaloo?”

“He looks really cute and really cool. But what would be even cooler is if we found out that he could…”

Suddenly, Apple Spice began making a weird noise with his snout. It was like he was snorting in deeply and harshly.

“W-what’s wrong with him?” said Spike.

Apple Bloom just chuckled and said, “Ah think he’s goin’ to sneeze.” She then began to encourage him, “Come on, little Apple Spice; you can do it.”

Everyone watched closely as Apple Spice was about to have his first little sneeze. But when he finally let it loose, a little fireball shot out from his mouth. The ones nearby had to quickly dodge out of the way; but it somehow managed to hit Macintosh on his snout. It didn’t hurt, it had a tiny sting to it that he just shook off.

“Holy crap!” Scootaloo shouted, “He can breathe fire! I totally called it!”

“Huh… who would’ve thought,” said Sweetie Belle.

Apple Spice was lightly scratching it's snout with his hooves, and Apple Bloom nudged her hoof on him saying, “Looks like yer going to be a little troublemaker, aren’t you?”

This was the moment that was a long time coming, and it had finally came to be. Apple Bloom and Spike were now officially parents and were entering into a new part of their life. But at this moment, they weren’t afraid or worried at all. They knew that as long as they had each other and their family and friends, things were going to turn out just fine for the both of them.

Seeing how it late it was and that everything was delt with, Applejack turned her attention to Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo and told them, “Alright, you two; now that Apple Bloom is okay and you’ve seen the baby, it's best if ya’ll get back to yer homes and get some sleep.”

“Aw… do we have to?” Scootaloo groaned.

“Yeah, maybe we could stay here and keep Apple Bloom and her cute, adorable new baby company,” Sweetie Belle suggested.

“Hey, Ah’m fine with that, Sweetie Belle; but good luck keepin’ yer Sister, Rarity from scoldin’ you from makin’ her worried sick because she woke up in the mornin’ and found her little sister missin’ and wonders what she will tell her parents.

Sweetie Belle thought about it and decided re-think her decision, “Okay; perhaps you made a good enough point. Rarity can be pretty scary when she’s mad.”

“Well, I don’t think Rainbow dash would mind much;” said Scootaloo, “she knows I can take care of myself. But I suppose I should finish off my sleep hours as well. The last time I didn’t get enough sleep… it wasn’t pretty. ”

“Don’t worry, girls,” Apple Bloom chuckled, “ya’ll can always come back here tomorrow. Ah don’t think Ah’m goin’ anywhere. Although, it's technically tomorrow already; so… ya’ll can come back later today… when it's actually daytime.”

“You can count on that,” said Scootaloo.

“We’ll be back to see you again soon; I promise,” added Sweetie Belle.

After giving their friend a hug, the two older fillies made their way out of the emergency room all giddy and excited over what happened; and they couldn’t wait to come back to spend more time with her and the baby.

“Hey, Applejack,” said Apple Bloom, “are you and/or Big Mac goin’ to stay here with me?”

“We would love to, Apple Bloom;” said Applejack, “but as much as we want to, we need to be headin’ back to the farm. It's great that yer doin’ good and all, so it makes us feel better enough to sleep the rest of the night out. We still have chores to do in the mornin’ ya know.”

“Eyup.”

Apple Bloom just lightly pouted feeling that siblings thought that their chores were more important than her being a Mother.

“Besides… you have Spike here to keep ya company. He’ll make sure that nothin’ happens to ya. Isn’t that right?”

“I sure won’t,” Spike replied.

“Okay,” said Apple Bloom, “but make sure that you come by as soon as yer done; and bring Granny Smith too. Promise?”

Applejack chuckled as she kissed her little sister on her forehead and said, “Ah promise.”

After Applejack and Macintosh left, Twilight was still there observing the baby; and feeling proud that in a way… she had become a Grandma. But then, she thought in her head…

‘Sweet Celestia! Am I really a Grandma?’

“Hey, uh… Twilight,” said Spike suddenly, “Are you going to go too or are you staying to study Apple Spice and do more of research?”

“Well… that does sound tempting, doesn't it,” said Twilight, “But that would be kinda selfish of me. Make no mistake though; I’m still looking forward it, but for now… I’ll just leave you two alone. My scientific research on the first pony/dragon hybrid can wait a few days… or better yet, make it a week.”

Spike just smirked and shook his head. He knew how bad she wanted to research Apple Spice. “It's okay, Twilight. It's fine if you want to do your research and stuff, just make sure to give Apple Spice some space; and don’t try to force him to do something either.”

“Yeah! Besides, you studyin’ Apple Spice might be fun,” said Apple Bloom, “and he might enjoy it to. Ya never know.”

Twilight understood; although, she knew that there was no way that she would try and do something that would be too forceful on the baby. Even she wouldn't go that far for research.

“Still, this is a special moment for the two of you. Make sure you enjoy every minute of it to the fullest.”

And with that… she took her leave.

“Nice job, everypony, nice job,” said Nurse Redheart to the others, “You’ve all done well. Take as much time in the morning to rest from this if you need to; just don’t stay out too late, okay?”

Spike looked over to his side and saw Nurse Rhyme preparing to take her leave for the night. He quickly came up to her and scratched his head awkwardly as he said, “Um… thanks a lot for all you’ve done. This must’ve been a lot for you to dealt with.”

Nurse Rhyme looked up at him a sarcastic smirk and questioned, “Why? Because I’m a small pony?”

Spike froze for a second and awkwardly answered back, “Mmmmmaaaaay….be?”

“Well… I am amazing, and I do surprise a lot of ponies with what I can do. But I should say sorry for poking fun at you sometimes. I was just joking around ya know.”

“Reaĺly?” said Spike with a low-eyed looked, “Because sometimes… it was quite hard to tell.”

Nurse Rhyme soon made her way to the exit of the room and wished Apple Bloom and Spike well, “Well, I’m off the clock and need some serious rest. But if you two ever need anything, give me a call… or call Redheart or somepony else instead if you like; I won’t mind.”

Once she left, Apple Bloom and Spike were the only ones left in the emergency room along with their new baby. Spike just calmly sat back down beside Apple Bloom as he was feeling at ease after everything that had happened that night.

“Well, Spike, we made it,” said Apple Bloom, “Our little one is now out into this world for everypony to see, and thangs can only get better from here.”

“Up to now, I still can’t believe it,” said Spike, “If anyone asked me what I could see me at this day from after my first couple of weeks here in Ponyville, I probably would say that I would be still living my usual, normal life with Twilight and hanging out with friends and… heh, still pursuing my dream of making Rarity mine.”

Apple Bloom smirked at him knowing that he was right. “Yeah, Ah just bet you would be thinkin’ that.”

“But I never would’ve thought that I would be a father thanks to the heated... somewhat uncontrollable actions of one of my filly friends. But even if I did, I would guess that it would be Sweetie Belle. N-n-n-not to say that I wouldn’t be into you! I mean… I like you, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo and I wouldn’t mine having a life with any of you three; but… since Rarity is Sweetie’s sister, I would think that she would eventually point me into her direction and convince me to be with her instead. But you’re good to; you’re good… y-you’re real good. You’re perfect, and so is our child, and I wouldn’t trade it with anypony else in the world; and that’s the honest truth.”

Apple Bloom arched her eye at Spike wearing with an unsure expression. Spike just laid his hand on Apple Bloom’s shoulder and said nervously, “I love you?”

“Ya hear this, Apple Spice?”said Apple Bloom smirking mischievously, “Yer daddy is tryin’ to butter-up yer Mother with sweet words so she won’t be angry for misunderstandin’ him.”

Spike just sighed knowing that he couldn’t hide the truth from Apple Bloom. He did feel that things would’ve happened that way if their incident didn’t happen, but he didn’t want to turn down the responsibility he has now.

“If you ask me, Ah wouldn’t mind who you might have ended up with,” said Apple Bloom, “To be honest, there are a few other candidates that Ah would’ve guessed over you as well. But Ah guess mah vagina decided to choose fer us.”

“Apple Bloom,” Spike exclaimed, “not in front of the foal.”

“Well it's true,” Apple Bloom chuckled, “it obviously made me like wut Ah saw. But as ridiculous as it may sound, if we didn’t procreate with each other, we wouldn’t have this little guy here.”

“Oh come on, you know it's hard to deny that after he actually exists. ‘sigh’ Well… only time will tell of what will happen from here. Being parents is going to feel like hell sometimes.”

“Hey, Ah’ve already been through enough hell mahself. Compare to that, Ah feel that everythang else is goin’ to be a cakewalk.”

As they both continued on with their conversation, Apple Bloom noticed at some point that Apple Spice was once again fast asleep.

“Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.”

She pointed Spike’s attention to Apple Spice so he would notice himself. Apple Bloom then handed Apple Spice to Spike who placed him onto the little glass bed that was set up by the nurses. Spike placed him on his back with his arms and legs in a comfortable spread out position. Apple Spice just snored away giving the new parents a time reprievement.

“So how long do ya think he’s going to stay asleep?” said Apple Bloom, “Ya know that we’re goin’ to have to get used to that possibility sooner or later.”

The hospital bed that Apple Bloom was on was big enough that Spike jumped on it himself and got into a curling position as he laid down at the foot of the bed. “How about we sleep on it. It’s been a tiring night for us all, and you need to rest. And if what you said ever happens, I’ll take care of it for you.”

Apple Bloom was at a loss for words hearing Spike suddenly volunteer like that. “Are you seriously saying that? You mean it?”

“Hey, gotta learn sometime, right? No time like the present.”

“Aw, that’s so sweet of you,” said Apple Bloom as she bent forward and gave Spike a kiss, “Ah am pretty tuckered out. But when you do deal with him, just make sure you don’t faint on me again; okay, tough guy? Heh heh.”

“Ugh… just let it go already.”

After a few minutes passed, Apple Bloom had already fell asleep. She was more exhausted than she thought she was. But for Spike, he was still awake. His life suddenly changed in the blink of an eye, and now he had the responsibilities of taking care of a baby. H never saw it coming, but he was here now and chose to accept it. Looking back and forth at Apple Bloom and Apple Spice, who were both sleeping peacefully after stressful moment. After some time, Spike just smiled as he began to lay his head down and close his eyes feeling tired himself. He was looking forward to sleeping long into the morning after what he went through that night. But just as he was relaxed and comfortable and transcending into dreamland, he suddenly heard the last thing he wanted to hear at that moment.

“Wa...waa… WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

Apple Spice had suddenly woken up again somehow and began to cry out for attention. Spike’s eyes went wide open while still in a curled position, and he didn’t feel like getting up. He quickly tried to call Apple Bloom…

“Um… Apple Bloom; he’s crying. Do you think that…”

… but Apple Bloom was still sound asleep. Plus, he remembered that he made a promise to her that he would take care of it himself.

“Oh yeah… right.”

He sighed sadly as he got up and quietly went over to Apple Spice and picked him up to try and calm him down… and he did. But Spike feared that it would start over again if he placed him down again to sleep. But he was glad that Apple Bloom was still sleeping peacefully. She truly deserved it.

“‘sigh’ Oh well,” said Spike as he looked down at his cooing son, “at least two of us are going to sleep well tonight.


(Link to LudiculousPegasus' original female character): http://ludiculouspegasus.deviantart.com/art/Apple-Spice-s-Cutie-Mark-352478522

Author's Note:

And that's the end... well, not just yet.:trollestia:
Stay tuned for the story's conclusion to see what happens after 3 years Apple Spice's birth.