• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 12,509 Views, 425 Comments

Spike x Bloom: a New Life - AngelShy24



Spike and Apple Bloom prepare for parenthood! (Direct sequel of "Blooming Heat")

  • ...
60
 425
 12,509

Moment of Truth

Apple Bloom had really messed things up between her and Spike. A plan that almost went horribly wrong, Apple Bloom convinced Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Rainbow Dash to secretly pose themselves as a group of bad guys who were going to kidnap her and sell their hybrid child to a high bidder once he was born. A bit too much,right? Apple Bloom didn’t seem to think so at first. But the angered rage that Spike showed proved to be more than what she expected of him. She had to stop him pleadingly so he wouldn’t go overboard and end up seriously hurting Twilight and the others.

Once Spike realized what was going on, he became furious. He felt betrayed thinking that Apple Bloom didn’t have full trust in him even after all of this time; that he still wasn’t ready for the task at hand. He was also mad that her test could’ve caused him to kill three of his friends. He eventually ran off telling the others to not follow him. Apple Bloom felt devastated after that realizing that she messed up big time. She didn’t mean for things to turn out like this, but the damage had been done. However, Twilight knew exactly where Spike ran off to.

Twilight brought Apple Bloom to her home, Golden Oaks Library along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash who followed. Once inside, Twilight lifted a large, loose wooden platform on te floor where under it was a dug in tunnel that led into an underground burrow. As they went in, Apple Bloom was quite surprised to see this hidden passageway for the first time.

“Whoa, Ah never thought Spike would have a little area like this in here,” said Apple Bloom, “Ah knew nothin’ of this.”

Twilight explained, “It’s just a little something Spike developed over time… by my approval of course, that he uses for when he wants to be alone… and also where he keeps his secret gem stash. Just… be careful; he can be a bit protective of it sometimes.”

“Don’t fret about me,” Apple Bloom claimed, “Ah don’t have anythang to worry about… Ah hope.”

At the end of the path, they came upon a small area filled with little hills of gems and other jewels. Lying on top of one of them was Spike who still brooding over what had happened. His back was turned from them, but he still knew that they were there; he could sense them as soon as they hoof in the tunnel. Spike rolled his eyes as he stayed in his position and not looking behind him.

“Um… h-hey, Spike,” said Twilight hesitantly, “Just... thought I come and check on you to see if you were okay."

While staying in his position, Spike grumbled, "What are you doing here?"

"Well... secret burrow or not, I still kinda live here. You can't get me out of here that easily."

"I believe that I am referring to the two southern sisters behind you," said Spike as he pointed his claw at behind Twilight.

Twilight chuckled lightly and said, “O-oh, yeah. Of course you are.”

“Don’t forget about me,” said Rainbow Dash, “I’m here too, remember?”

Spike wasn’t too fond of all of them being in his secret burrow; especially Apple Bloom who he was still mad with for her antics. “All of you shouldn’t be here. I thought that I specifically said to not follow me.”

None of them answered right away feeling a bit uneasy. But then Applejack looked at her young sister and whispered to her, “Well… are ya goin’ to say somethin’ to him?”

Apple Bloom looked at Spike who was still turned around and lightly gulped as she took a few steps towards him. Looking deep within herself, she tried to say what was on her mind to Spike. “Look, Spike; Ah… Ah know… that that you don’t want me to be here right now. But… A-Ah just came to say… that Ah'm sorry. Ah’m sorry fer trickin’ you the way Ah did; fer makin’ ya think that this was fer real. I-i-it seemed like a good idea at the time that it came into my head, but… all it did was make you dreadfully worried for mah well-bein’. D-do ya think that maybe… we could talk about this a bit and… put it behind us?”

Despite her words, Spike didn’t respond. He still remained in his turn-around position ignoring her completely. But Apple Bloom wasn’t giving up; she tried begging even more.

“Please, Spike!” she shouted while carefully bending down against her fore-knees, “Don’t be silent towards me like this! Ah’m tryin’ to say sorry here… with deepest apologies! Please, just… say somethang; anythang!”

Spike knew that she wasn’t going to go away until he said something to her, so that’s exactly what he was going to do. He calmly turned himself around and walked up to Apple Bloom while wearing a light glare on his face that made everyone there feel a little tense. From there, Spike spoke his mind.

“So… you want me to say something, right? You want talk over things; but what exactly do you want us to talk about?”

Twilight recognized the tone in Spike’s voice and knew where this was going.

“Yeah, what should we talk about? You know… aside from making me think that we were having a normal, romantic moment together… only to pull your stupid stunt that almost got your sister and her two friends here killed… oh, in which by the way I wouldn’t forgive myself or you if it had happened. Not to mention that you had me worried sick thinking that you were in real danger! I seriously thought I was going to lose you and our child!”

It was really getting awkward for Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow Dash to see Spike carrying on like the way he was. And the more he went on, the more Apple Bloom slumped down on the ground feeling sorry for herself.

“You made me feel… so stupid to think that I actually fell for such a ridiculous ruse! Test or not, this whole half-assed idea just told me… that… you don’t trust me with this yet; that I’m not ready to handle such responsibility! So trust me… there’s nothing else to talk about.”

After his rant, Spike went back over to his little pile of jewels and laid back down with his back turned from them again. All Apple Bloom could do was stand there in emotional shock from Spike’s sudden words. She felt like complete trash at that moment; but even then… even though she thought that she lost Spike’s trust forever, she knew that she was in the wrong, and was willing to make it right. She took a few step towards him without getting too close and told him…

“You know what, Spike? Yer right; yer absolutely right. What Ah did was incredibly stupid, and you have every right to be mad with me right now. But please, don’t be mad with Twilight and the others; this was all me. Ah… Ah did all of this because… because I just wanted to see how truly dedicated you were to all of this. Ah kept denying that it was a selfless act; that I wasn’t doubting you in any way. But the truth is… Ah was doubting you. Even after everythang ya did fer me…”

Apple Bloom suddenly looked down at the necklace around her neck that she received as a present from Spike.

“... and gave me this, Ah still chose to go through with this whole thang. Maybe Ah could’ve handled it more differently, but… it wouldn’t make any difference.”

Feeling more and more sorry for herself, Apple Bloom began to lightly sob and shed some tears. She didn’t realize it, but even though Spike’s back was still turned, Spike was actually listening to her. He could tell that she was being honest and that she was trully sorry for her actions. But he still couldn’t look at her.

“The point is,” Apple Bloom continued, “Ah was being selfish against ya without knowin' it. Yer a great friend, and you’ll be an even better father… and Ah feel terrible fer ever doubtin' that. You can be as mad at me as ya want, but please… just find it in yer heart to forgive me?”

Suddenly at that moment, Apple Bloom yelled out in pain as she fell on the ground clutching her stomach.

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack shouted as she, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash suddenly rushed to her side.

Upon hearing her sudden sounds of pain, Spike immediately rose to his feet and came over to her feeling worried of what was wrong with her.

“A-A-Apple Bloom,” he shouted in worry, “Wh-what’s wrong?! Are you alright?!”

Apple Bloom was still groaning a bit; but thanks to a little support from her sister, she was able to stand back up. She didn’t want to worry the others, so she pretended that it wasn’t as bad as it looked.

“D-don’t… worry; Ah think th-the baby just kicked… a-a bit stronger than usual… is all. A-Ah’m alright now.”

The pain in her body did subside, but she was still feeling a little pain that she didn’t want anyone to worry about. She figured that it was no big deal anyway and was only just part of the pregnancy process.

Spike calmly sighed with relief and said, “Okay, that’s good then. Glad to know that you’re okay.” But after that, Spike went back over to his pile of jewels and laid back down as he was before… like Apple Bloom’s pain didn’t even happen.

“S-S-Spike,” Apple Bloom said hesitantly, “yer answer… please.”

Spike just took a deep breath and sighed as he responded, “Look, Apple Bloom… it's late, and I’m… I-I’m just not in the mood right now. I need time to think over this.”

Applejack placed her hoof around her sister to comfort her as she said, “Come on, Apple Bloom, let’s just give Spike some space. It's probably fer the best.”

“Yeah… Ah guess,” Apple Bloom sighed.

Applejack turned her sister around as they were making their way out of the hidden burrow. Apple Bloom had her head hanging down feeling bummed; she was really hating on herself right now.

“Thanks again fer bringin’ us here, Twilight,” said Applejack, “Ah sure hope this whole thang blows over soon.”

“So do I. Good night, you two.”

Rainbow Dash was just flying at a standstill trying to get over what just happened. Not in the mood to try and say anything to Spike in his state, she decided to bail out as well. “Guess I should be… going to.”

Now it was just Twilight standing in the burrow with a brooding dragon. She was planning to say something else to him, but she felt that it would just annoy Spike more. So instead, she just quietly started to back out of the burrow. But just when she was out of his sight, she hesitantly said to him, “Just… l-let me know if you need anything, okay?”

Then Twilight left closing the platform on the opening. Spike stayed in his laying position while rolling his eyes and said in a nonchalant tone, “Whatever.”

----------

Even after all of that; after Apple Bloom fully apologized to Spike and tried to make amends with him, none of them thought that Spike was going to accept it so easily. They figured that it would be hours, days, or maybe even a couple of weeks before he would talk to any of them again. However to Twilight’s surprise, Spike suddenly decided to come to her in the middle of the night to have a personal talk with her. Twilight didn’t seem to mind though as she was happy to do so. They stayed up a little as Twilight explained everything about what happened; from how she used a voice modifier spell to disguise her and the other two’s voices in Apple Bloom’s plan to giving Spike some helpful advice since she was like a Mother to him. She even apologized to him for what happened. She felt kinda stupid for going through with it herself.

Early morning the next day, in Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom never came down from her room for breakfast with her siblings. She slept well that night, but she still felt down about what was going on between her and Spike. Pretty soon, her two friends, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came over to spend some time with her but ended up being pointed up to her room. When they got there, Apple Bloom told them everything that happened yesterday evening; and even by their standards, they were both in quite a shock-stricken state.

“Sounds like you went through a lot,” said Scootaloo, “Too bad I wasn’t there to see it.”

“Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle protested.

“”What?! I’m just saying that this whole test that Apple Bloom planned out sounds awesome… in theory.” Scootaloo then looked back at Apple Bloom who had her face buried in her pillow and tried to get off the subject, “B-but… I-I-I’m sure it wasn’t as great as I think it is.”

Apple Bloom raised her head back up and her friend, “It's okay, Scootaloo, Ah’m the one who messed this up. Ah should’ve opened mah eyes and realize that what Ah was doin’ was stupid. Spike was right; Ah haven’t changed at all. Ah’m still just a young filly who screws things up.”

“No you’re not, Apple Bloom!” said Sweetie Belle as she hugged Apple Bloom trying to make her feel better, “You are not stupid at all! So maybe you made a big mistake; big deal. Everypony does that from time to time.”

“Yeah, I’m sure Spike makes stupid mistakes all of the time!” said Scootaloo, “It's just a normal part of life. And F.Y.I… you’re not a young filly, you’re a young mare; a young mare who shouldn’t keep herself here in her room sulking and feeling sorry for herself. If Spike doesn't forgive you… especially since you tired your ass off to apologize to him and realized your own mistake, then I say forget him. That’s what I would do if if the same thing happened between me and Rumble… i-i-if he got me pregnant that is.”

Sweetie suddenly gasped and said in worry, “Ooh, I hope it dosen’t come to that.”

“Neither do Ah, Sweetie Belle,” said Apple Bloom sadly, “but… Ah really hurt Spike. Ah was supposed to trust him and his loyalty and Ah ruined everythang. Up to this moment, Ah question if he’ll ever forgive me fer what Ah did to him.”

But at that moment, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo’s attention turned to the doorway of the room as the door slowly opened. Someone came into the room, and they couldn’t believe who it was.

“I wouldn’t question that just yet, girlfriend,” said Scootaloo with a smirk.

Apple Bloom was wondering what Scootaloo meant by that comment as she picked her head back up. But when she looked at the opened doorway, her eyes went wide as she hesitantly said, “S-S-Spike?”

Spike closed the door behind him and then said in a sheepish tone, “Hey, uh... mind if I come in?”

“No no. Not at all, not at all,” said Scootaloo in a sly tone, “We were just talking about you.”

Spike arched his eye at Scootaloo wondering just what Apple Bloom must’ve told them, “Is that so? I didn’t exactly expect you two to be here as well.”

“Hey, we’re her friends,” said Sweetie Belle, “We’re allowed to be here to ya know.”

Spike made his way to Apple Bloom’s bed as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo gave him some room. He then proceeded to sit down beside Apple Bloom and then stayed there in awkward silence. Both of them sat there with their heads turned idly away from each other not sure of what to say.

Suddenly, Spike looked over at Apple Bloom staring at her pregnant belly and asked, “So, uh… h-how’s he doing; th-the baby I mean. Uh… how’s the… baby?”

Apple Bloom lightly smirked and responded nervously, “H-he’s doin' well. We got plenty of sleep last night… mostly. N-no nightmares or anythang.”

“Good, good; that’s good.”

After that followed a little bit more awkward silence between the two. After the moment that happened between them, they couldn’t find the right words to say to each other. But then, Apple Bloom finally questioned him.

“Spike… you’re not still… angry with me about yesterday… are ya? Ah wouldn’t be surprised if you still didn’t want to talk with me.”

“Um… Apple Bloom,” said Spike with a light chuckle, “if that was the case, I wouldn’t even be here, now would I.”

Apple Bloom smiled a bit and blushed saying, “Oh yeah… heh heh, right. That should’ve been obvious.”

Pretty soon, Spike was finally able to get out the word to talk to her; his real reason of being there. “Listen, Apple Bloom. What you did yesterday… was stupid, and reckless… and it really upset me.”

“Yer not exactly makin’ me feel any better here,” Apple Bloom groaned.

“But… despite that… I know you had good intentions. You meant well.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were on the side just letting those two have their space. However, Scootaloo was wondering and said to Sweetie, “Is he... trying to fix things between them?”

“Shh, just shut your snout and listen,” said Sweetie Belle quietly, “I want to see where this goes.”

“It’s okay if you were still a little nervous about this whole thing,” Spike continued to say to Apple Bloom, “Heck, I’m still a little nervous myself. But… if we’re going to go through with this, we both have to have full confidence and complete trust with each other so that we can both be able to raise this child successfully."

Spike then placed one of Apple Bloom's hooves in his claws as he looked into her eyes and said...

"Think you can do that with me?”

Apple Bloom suddenly had tears in her eyes, but not the sad kind. She then jumped on him and wrapped her hooves around him feeling happy and relieved. “You bet Ah am, Spike! Ah don’t know wut Ah was thinkin’! Ah trust ya completely; Ah don’t doubt ya in the slightest. Ah know yer more than capable to do this, and Ah was wrong to think otherwise.”

Spike just smiled back at her and said, “I’m glad to hear that.”

Then the two shared a small kiss with each other to confirm the restoration of their relationship.

“Isn’t love a wonderful thing?” said Sweetie Belle to Scootaloo with a sigh.

“It’s okay, I guess," said Scootaloo trying to not make a big deal of it, "Oh who am I kidding? Love is awesome… if not somewhat tiresome.”

After breaking from the kiss, Apple Bloom asked Spike, “So… ya really do forgive me, right?”

“I guess I do…” said Spike with a sly smile, “for the most part. But you still owe me one actual romantic evening together. Although this time, please… no crazy, over the top, dangerous plots to test my loyalty.”

“Ah promise;” Apple Bloom chuckled, “ya got yerself a date.”

Now that things had settled between them, Scootaloo decided to test Spike herself by asking him a simple question. “So Spike, just to be sure… if it was me or Sweetie Belle that you accidentally got pregnant, you would treat us the same way, right?”

Spike froze for for a second and then slightly glared at her saying, “Any chance you can explain of why you’re asking me this? You’re not planning anything naughty, are you?”

“W-what?! No!” Scootaloo protested, “I’m with Rumble; I wouldn’t betray him like that! Although, I admit that I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t curious of how mating with a dragon is like. But… no, just a curious question is all.”

“I admit,” said Sweetie Belle, “I am a bit curious of your answer to that question as well. So would you?”

Apple Bloom threw her hooves around Spike and smile as she said to her friends, “Of course he would, girls. Spike is a dragon, remember? They have complete loyalty to their friends. If he could accept this with me, he could accept it with either of you two. Right, Spike?”

“If I say yes,” Spike replied, “can we please get off the subject?”

Unknown to them as they continued to talk to each other, Applejack was listening from the other side of the door smiling and feeling glad to hear that Spike and her sister made up together. Also, Twilight was there to, and Rainbow Dash came as well when she found out.

"See, girls... I told you everything was going to be just fine,” said Twilight, “I knew Spike wouldn't stay mad for long; especially not after the way Apple Bloom begged for his forgiveness."

"Well Ah'll admit... Ah actually had a little bit of doubt,” said Applejack, “but it's good to know that it was fer nothing."

"So Spike has forgiven all of us, right?” questioned Rainbow Dash, “Because my next phase of action was to use Pinkie Pie as a last cheer-up resort."

"Don't worry. He came to me last night and I told him everything,” Twilight explained, “He's forgiven us; trust me."

All three of them suddenly placed their heads against the door to try and find out out what was going on now.

"Ah wonder wut they’re doin' right now," said Applejack, "Y'all don't think that they’re making up by making out, do ya?"

But then suddenly, the door was engulfed with magic and then swung open causing the three mares to lose their balance and fell on each other in the doorway. Spike and the others jumped and looked surprised, except Sweetie Belle who was the one who opened the door.

"Ah ha!” Sweetie shouted as she pointed at the door, “I knew I sensed somepony behind the door."

"S'up girls... and Spike," said Rainbow Dash nervously.

While Apple Bloom was lightly chuckling, Spike crossed his arms and lowered his eyes at the three mare as he said, "Seriously? You three were eavesdropping?"

"D-don’t think of it as eavesdropping,” said Twilight, “think of it as... checking to see if you were okay."

Of course Spike continued to stare at Twilight because he didn’t believe a word she said.

"Okay, we were eavesdropping; b-but we were checking on you to."

"You three are unbelievable,” said Spike, “But I guess compared to what happened yesterday, this is pretty normal."

Everybody then started to laugh together over everything they’ve been through. Apple Bloom especially was glad that things were going back to the way they were.

"Ah'm so glad everythang is alright now. As long as Ah don't do anything else stupid, nothin' else can go wrong!"

But then in the middle of their laughter, Apple Bloom suddenly froze as she felt a huge jolt of pain go through her body. “Oh my…” She then fell on her side and held onto her stomach as she began whining in pain. Everyone’s attention was suddenly on her as they were suddenly panicking seeing what she was doing.

"Apple Bloom!” shouted Applejack, “Oh man, not again!"

"Again?!” said Sweetie Belle, “You mean this sort of thing happened already?!"

Spike suddenly got in front of everyone and and told them, "Everypony, give her some room!"

"She's not going into labor, is she?!" said Rainbow Dash, “I don’t take seeing a live birth very well!”

"She shouldn't be yet!” said Twilight Sparkle, “According to my research books, she shouldn't be giving birth yet until for at least 2 more months!"

As Apple Bloom continued to cringe in pain, Spike laid his claws on her and was trying to talk her through it. "Just breathe in and out, Apple Bloom! In and out In and out.”

The others stood back while Spike comforted Apple Bloom, but they were worried that something bad was happening to her; that maybe she was giving birth too soon. But pretty soon, the pain that Apple Bloom was feeling suddenly went away; and she just laid there trying to gain her breath.

“W-w-whoa… th-that was… intense,” said Apple Bloom with her voice slightly trembling, “This baby really wants to get out, doesn't he. Too bad he doesn't know that he needs more time to develop in there.”

“Are you… okay, Apple Bloom?” said Spike, “Is there something going on with you that you should tell us?”

“Ah… don’t think so,” Apple Bloom responded with a light groan, “‘ugh’ That sudden moment did do a number on me though. Sorry if Ah made all of you worried.”

“I know pregnant mares experience moments of pain from time to time," said Twilight, “but… there was something about the way Apple Bloom was responding that seemed a little… weird to me.”

Rainbow Dash suddenly sighed with relief, “Well I’m just glad that she’s not giving birth while I’m in the same room. But in any case... I'm glad you're okay, kid."

Overall, everyone was glad that the labor pains Apple Bloom had was just a false alarm; but they didn’t think it was anything else since Apple Bloom still had a couple of months left before that happened. However after seeing Apple Bloom in pain again, Spike had second thoughts of their evening plans.

“You know,” he said putting his claws on Apple Bloom, “maybe... we should skip the date this evening... just to be on the safe side."

In an instant, Apple Bloom turned to Spike and poked her hoof against him as she demanded, "Oh no, we're doing that date. I owe you big time, so there will be no delays. If Ah just take it easy for the rest of the day, then Ah should be good; r-right?"

Seeing her determined eyes, it was hard for Spike to say no; but he still placed his foot down a little."Well... okay. But if you have another one of those moments again, the date is off, got it?"

"Yeah yeah, Ah got it," Apple Bloom chuckled.

"Don't worry, Spike,” said Sweetie Belle, “We'll make sure that she won't get into any trouble.”

“Yep, you can count on us!" Scootaloo agreed.

"Girls, come on;” said Apple Bloom feeling embarrassed, “ya don't need to treat me like a baby... that's Applejack’s job."

Suddenly, the door burst open once again scaring everyone half to death. It was their freind, Pinkie Pie; and she came dashing into the room shouting, "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave no fear... the pink party pony is here!"

But as she looked ahead, she saw everyone she expected to be there and Spike who she saw sitting right beside Apple Bloom. She knew exactly what that meant.

"Aw, Rainbow Dash;” she pouted, “don’t tell me that those two made up without me?!” She then took out a box that sprayed out confetti and glitter, “I had a whole cheer up session planned out!"

Spike looked over at Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow Dash; but then Twilight and Applejack was looking at Rainbow Dash who suddenly said, "What? It was a contagion plan just in case things... you know... didn't work out. Sorry, Pinkie, but your services are no longer needed."

Pinkie slightly pouted, but then showed a little smile and said, "Oh well, glad you two are all lovey duby again. Just give me a call if you ever get down in the dumps again!"

With that, Pinkie simply bounced up and down out of the room and was showing herself out. Spike was almost afraid of what Pinkie had planned for them.

"Too bad.” Apple Bloom chuckled, “Ah was kinda curious to see wut she was goin' to do for us."

"Trust me,” Spike stated, “I think we're good."

---------------

The rest of the day went on as normal as it usually does, and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo kept their promise of looking after their friend, Apple Bloom… even though she didn’t want them to. She actually thought they were kidding at first.

By the end of the afternoon, nothing else happened with Apple Bloom and she felt just fine. As promised, she and Spike went out on an actual real date together. Spike treated Apple Bloom to his favorite donut shop where she almost ate a dozen of them; and then, they had their little stroll in the fields and watched the sunset together. Thankfully for Spike, there was no surprises this time. Afterwards, they even went to see a classic movie at the Ponyville Theater; one that they both enjoyed. Luckily, nothing happened to Apple Bloom during all of this either.

Once everything was done and their night was at its end, Spike walked Apple Bloom to her farm home to make sure she made it back safe. With their day as good as it was, they both now felt much closer than they ever did before.

"This was a great evenin', Spike," said Apple Bloom as they arrived at the front door, "Ah had fun. Ah guess this beats wut we did yesterday, huh?"

"Absolutely," Spike chuckled, "Even now I still wonder of how you came up with such a ridiculous plan. I mean... it was so over the top and unnecessary. How did you even convince the others to even help you with it?"

"Ah have mah ways, but... it's best if ya don't know?"

Spike had to agree with her on that.

"Well in any case, I had fun too. Tonight was... pretty good. I'm also glad that you didn't have another one of those moments of pain in your stomach. You really freaked me out with that."

"Yeah, Ah know. But it's like Ah said, it's just our son wantin' to come out even though he can't just yet."

Suddenly, a little smile came on Spike' face as he scratched the back of his head and nervously chuckled to Apple Bloom. "I still can't get over that fact; our son. We're really going to have a son together."

"Yep," said Apple Bloom with a bright smile, "Ah bet some years back ya thought that you were goin' to have a child with Rarity, didn’t ya?"

Spike lightly scowled at Apple Bloom and told her, "Apple Bloom, don't start with me."

But then they both just started laughing together with neither of them feeling mad or upset at one another.

"Well, thanks again fer a great night," said Apple Bloom with a light blush, "Ah guess Ah should head inside so Ah can... go and rest. But that's what I seem to be doing recently anyaway."

Apple Bloom was about to open the door to her place when Spike suddenly said, "A-Apple Bloom, wait?"

"Wut is it?"

While speaking hesitantly, Spike suggested, "Do you... want me to... sleep with you tonight... j-j-just to make sure that you're okay and sleep well?"

"Aw, Spike..." said Apple Bloom realizing that Spike was still worried about her, "that's so sweet. But Ah'm a big pony... literally; Ah'll be alright. However if Ah do need ya, Ah'll let you know." She then got closer to him and said, "But fer now... Ah'll leave you tonight with this."

Apple Bloom placed her fore hooves on Spike’s shoulders and then leaned in and started to kiss Spike on the lips. It wasn't for long, but Spike’s body completely froze and was falling limp to the young mare's sweet, warm lips. After breaking away, Apple Bloom smirked at Spike as turned around brushing Spike’s face with her tail and was making her way inside the house. Soon only her head poked out to tell him...

"Good night."

After Apple Bloom went into the house, Spike just stood there staring at the door for a few seconds; but then he eventually turned around and began walking away off the farm. He was deeply in thought of everything that happened and everything was going to be. Up to this point, he knew that he had to be prepared for anything.

'Man, this is all going by so fast,' Spike thought, 'Apple Bloom and I are really going to become parents in a couple of months. It only seemed like yesterday that Twilight and I first came to Ponyville, and I saw Apple Bloom begging Twilight to stay for lunch with such adorable eyes. Although, I didn’t really care much about it then. But... it's all good. This is going to work out great. I'm glad to be starting a new life with her. There's nothing else that can mess this up for us.'

------------

Apple Bloom told her siblings everything that went on during her date with Spike after she came into the house; but at the same time, she felt exhausted. After telling them, she freshened up and went straight onto bed. Of course, Applejack did her best to assist her if she needed it; but Apple Bloom thought she was pressing on her too hard. Once in bed and everything was taken care of, Applejack felt that she needed to poker her head in her young sister's room to check on her one more time.

"Everythang okay, Apple Bloom? Ya need anythang?"

Apple Bloom sighed and responded, "Ah'm fine, Applejack. Honestly, this is 4th time you asked me since Ah got back. You really should stop worrying about me so much."

"Ah know. A-A-Ah'm still a little on edge from wut happened this morning... let alone wut happened yesterday evening. Ah almost thought somethang bad was happenin' to ya."

"Well you and the others said so yerself, this is pretty normal for a pregnant mare. Don't ya think you should've gotten used to this by now?"

Chuckling lightly to herself, Applejack just admitted, "Yer right, sis; Ah'm sorry. Ah shouldn’t ride on ya too hard just because of a single incident. But just know that if ya ever do need anythang yer big brother and Ah are here for ya."

"Don't worry," said Apple Bloom after a big yawn, "Ah will. Just stop worrying yerself and get a good night's sleep. Ah'll be okay."

Applejack nodded and told her, "Good night."

After closing the door, Applejack saw Macintosh standing nearby with a slight expression of discontent on his face.

"You worried as well?" Applejack asked him.

"Yep."

"Yeah, well... don't be. Ah know what Apple Bloom told ya worries you; heck, it worries me as well. But... Apple Bloom is strong and we should know that. We shouldn't make much of a fuss about this unless she absolutely needs us. If Granny Smith were here... she would've said the same thang."

She then placed her hoof around Macintosh to perk him back up."Now come on, let's get some rest. We got a full day tomorrow."

Everything seemed to go fine as the night went on. It was about an hour past midnight and everyone was getting a good night's sleep. But all of a sudden, something was coming over Apple Bloom in the midst of her sleep. She was feeling a sharp pain in her stomach that mostly woke her up. Despite it she felt that it was nothing and that it would eventually go away... but it did anything but.

The pain began getting worse, and Apple Bloom was tossing and turning while constant groaning to herself and holding her stomach. "Damnit... w-what' g-going on? Wh-what’s wrong with me? Why does mah stomach feel s-so... queasy?" But no matter what position she got in, she couldn’t get comfortable. She even felt her bladder acting up and it was driving her crazy as she just flopped on her back, "Ugh, Ah can't even relax mah body; it's almost like... Ah need to go... b-but not in a normal way."

She didn’t want to trouble anyone with what she was feeling and she thought that she could handle it herself. But the more pain she felt, the more desperate she got. Eventually, she gave in and knew that she needed help, "Okay, Ah can't take this anymore. Ah need mah Big Sis. Ah know Ah’m growin' and all, but Ah think there's seriously somethang wrong with..."

But suddenly... as she was beginning to climb out from under her covers, Apple Bloom froze as she felt a different sensation come over her; and bed under her felt weird under her hooves.

"What the.. wait a minute. W-w-why do mah sheets feel all... wet and moist?"

In an instant, Apple Bloom looked under her bedsheets only to find a very shocking surprise. When she saw what she saw... she lost it.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Her scream was heard throughout the house, and Applejack suddenly rose up out from her sleep unaware of what she heard. "Huh? W-wut was zat? A-Ah could've sworn that Ah heard..." But that changed when she heard...

"APPLEJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!"

Applejack was now wide awake hearing her sister's cry for help."Apple Bloom? Apple Bloom?! Don't worry, Ah’m comin'!"

She stormed out of her room and was racing towards Apple Bloom’s; and was already right beside her.

"No surprise that you heard it too."

"Yep."

When they got to the room, Applejack barged in and both of them rushed over to Apple Bloom’s bed where she was sitting upright with the bed sheets covering her body's lower half.

"Apple Bloom, wut's wrong?!" Applejack shouted in worry, "We heard ya scream fer help, so..."

But then, Applejack lifted the sheet off of her sister and immediately saw the reason of her call of distress. As Apple Bloom was leaning on one side with one hoof and holding her stomach with the other, Applejack and Macintosh both saw a large area of a liquid substance directly under her.

"Sweet mother of..." said Macintosh.

Applejack couldn’t believe what she saw but hope that it wasn't what she thought. "Apple Bloom... please tell us that you only accidentally wet yer bed... no matter how embarrassin' it may be."

But that hope was dashed when Apple Bloom began groaning more in pain and told them...

"A-A-Applejack... B-B-Big Mac... this is no accident. It's the baby; A-Ah think... Ah think he’s comin'!"

----------

Meanwhile...

Back at the Golden Oaks Library tree, Twilight and Spike were sound asleep like everyone else in town. Spike was lying in his usual bed right beside Twilight and was sleeping peacefully. But then suddenly, Spike was awoken by something he thought he heard.

He opened his eyes and held his head up looking around, "Was that..." He then got up and was looking out a nearby window as he felt that something serious was going on somewhere, "What's this sensation I'm feeling?"

Twilight suddenly woke as well and yawned as she stretched hooves. She then looked over at Spike who was constantly staring out the window he was at.

"Spike?" she said, "W-what's wrong, Spike? S-something going on?"

"Did you hear something just now?" Spike asked Twilight.

She tried to hear out for something, but couldn't make out what he meant. "Can't say that I did. I'm assuming you did though, right?"

"Well... I didn't hear exactly; more like I sensed it. I think... it's Apple Bloom; she might be in trouble!"

"How can you be sure that it's her?" Twilight questioned, "It's past 1 am; maybe you're hearing things in your subconscious mind."

"No, Twilight. Trust me, this is nothing like that. I can’t explain it, but... I have a weird feeling in my gut."

But at that moment, Spike didn’t have a second thought.; he had already made up his mind of what to do.

"I'm not risking it, I'm going to her." He then began climbing out the window as he looked over at Twilight and questioned, "Mind if I use this window? Thanks!" Then he jumped out, landed on the ground below and continued forward in a full four-legged sprint towards the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Well he's in quite a rush," Twilight chuckled to herself, "But I hope he's wrong about what he said. I'd hate for something bad to happen to Apple Bloom right now. It be real hard on both of them."

Spike was not wasting any time. He wanted to make sure that Apple Bloom was okay. But from the weird sensation he was still feeling, he was beginning to worry for her. There was no way he was planing for anything wrong to happen now.

'I'm coming, Apple Bloom; just hold on. Please be okay... for our son's sake.'

Author's Note:

Only 2 chapters left!
Hope you look forward to it!:heart: