• Published 3rd Aug 2014
  • 12,189 Views, 623 Comments

Calming Sigh-- with a Breath of Fire - Laze Around



[Breath of Fire 3 x MLP] Human becomes his favorite game character and was thrown into Equestria. After escaping Celestia and Luna, he finds out how hard it is to live for so long beyond a human's lifespan.

  • ...
46
 623
 12,189

Bad Dragon

Author's Note:

Working sucks, going home tired sucks, getting sick sucks, and my internet connection sucks.

Two weeks have passed.

After Nicko went back to his own Equestria, I stayed in Griffonia to help Gilbert train his squads as well as recall some of the techniques that I had forgotten over time. It was fun tormenting the new blood with my skill set.

At the moment I was sparring with another group of griffons; Bart, Glenda, Mike, and Kay. All of them holding a sword each. They were feeling confident at the moment, having broken my [Mind Sword] for the fifth time in the last thirty minutes.

As much as I’d love to crush their hopes by telling them that my swords were pretty fragile normally, I held my tongue since I like to keep details of my skills a secret.

“C’mon. We can win this!” Bart cheered.

Hahh… Like they could.

“Now!” Mike shouted.

The four of them had me surrounded. Two were behind me and two were in front. They’ve learned that I don’t really stay in one place for long and worked out a way to keep me still. Even though I’ve only been walking in most of the fight, I still snap into action whenever they come close to attack or prod me for openings.

Right now I can’t really escape their pincer. I’ve limited myself to walking and overall slow movement, and no jumping. They just moved in close enough for their swords to hit, but never inched closer after that.

Bart and Glenda swung their swords in front of me, alternating rhythm with Mike and Kay behind me. I was hard pressed in dodging every moving steel sent my way. Had I been anyone else then this tactic would be considered bullying.

Or maybe it is?

“Yeah! Hit him!”

“Faster!”

“Beat him to death!”

My ears caught the other trainees’ cheering their peers. They were all spiteful after losing against me everyday. Even now they wanted to see me go down.

Ungrateful birds. I‘m taking this out of your hides later.

“Thust! Hit his vitals! Cut off his head!”

Dammit Gilbert! Don’t join in with them!

I swung my sword in a circular motion around me when I had their timing down, my [Mind Sword] chipping as it clashed with all four of their blades. The griffons reeled back slightly, but my attack only made them lose rhythm for a moment before they were back on me again.

It didn’t matter. I only needed enough time to make another [Mind Sword] in my free hand. Even though Dual Wielding wasn’t really my forte, I was still passable with it by normal standards. I also strengthened my [Swords] slightly when I switch styles since it was meant for clashes instead of parries.

My two katanas met their broadswords with a solid clang, sending shivers through our arms and almost making them let go from how unexpected the action was. Even when cracks appeared on my blades, I pumped in more magic into them to repair the damage. Each sword of mine held two of theirs, and my arms strained when they slowly began to add pressure, hoping to finally get me now that I was forced to blocked.

I huffed and spun in a circle.

[Arnis: Heaven Six!]

I stopped my spin and faced Bart directly, my right hand was over my right shoulder and my left hand under my right armpit. Using the katana in my right hand, I stopped his two-handed swing and immediately followed through with my left hand pushing his sword away, leaving my right hand free once again. I lunged at Bart and slapped him away with my right katana, slipping past him and freeing myself from their formation. Sadly that was the only technique I know with Dual Wielding.

“Don’t let him get away!”

Quiet Gilbert!

I started forcing my opponents to fight me one on one by spinning around and facing them directly, pushing them back with an endless barrage of [Heaven Six]. Whenever they tried to cage me again, I would push one of them out of their formation and escape.

“Try another tactic.” I said to Glenda since she was the next one that I was pushing back. “This one’s already useless.” To prove my point I blocked her sword with one of mine, then pushed it away with the other. I raised my leg up and kicked the griffon away, who let out an indignant squawk when I sent her flying.

Turning around just in time to catch Kay winding up for an attack, I met his sword with both of mine using every strength I could muster. My [Mind Swords] shattered on contact, leaving the griffon stunned from the surprise even as I sidestepped his weapon as if nothing clashed with it. I grabbed him by the throat then proceeded to use him like a meat-shield against his team.

“Dammit, Ryu! That’s not how knights fight!”

I’m not a knight, Gilbert. You should know that already.

I threw away the disoriented Kay over to Bart as a distraction before going over to Mike and grabbing him in a chokehold when I dodged his swing.

“Crack.” I told the griffon. “You’re neck’s broken.”

Mike stopped struggling as I let him go, looking frustrated when I pointed over to the rest of the trainees who were already “dead”.

“Booo! Boooo!”

“Dishonorable!”

“Start fighting fair!”

Stupid birds. They’ll get theirs, I swear.

“Slash and Gash!”

I turned around and crossed my arms in defense as Bart and Kay dived at me from the sky. They must have flown up earlier when I was preoccupied with thoughts of marinating dead birds.

“Hah!”

Before their swords could touch my flesh the space above my skin rippled. They hit something solid before finishing their pass. I made an audible grunt that everyone heard and dropped to one knee. Damn.

“Clean hit!” Gilbert declared.

“Don’t forget about me!”

I looked up in surprise. I almost forgot about Glenda.

I had just enough time to clap my hands together when she made a thrust to my face. I caught her blade between my palms, gritting my teeth when I saw the steel slip through by a few inches.

I was caught off guard when she let go of her weapon before I felt the blade stop slipping. She allowed her own momentum to carry her forward and swiped her talons across my face before passing me by.

“Clean Hit!” Gilbert cried again.

“Yeah!”

“They did it!”

“Kay has been avenged!”

The four griffons came together and whooped in joy. The rest of the trainees flocked around them, showering the team with praises.

I rubbed my face, making sure that Glenda’s swipe didn’t pass my spell. Like Bart and Mike earlier, the air also rippled just before the griffon’s talons made contact with my skin. It was a spell called [Resist]. It uses both magic and psionic to condense the dimension, or space, over my body and creates an impenetrable barrier.

Unfortunately I need full concentration in order to protect my whole body. If my focus ever wavers then the barrier becomes fragile and is easily shattered.

“You lost.”

I looked to my side as I stood up. Gilbert was there, looking at his students celebrating.

“I held back.” I said, throwing Glenda’s sword to the side after finding no wound on my face. “If I was moving at full speed then they’d never touch me.”

“Bah! You’re such a sore loser.”

This coming from the bird that tried to hit me with his sword while I was sleeping, back when I made him wade through mud?

I snorted. “You’re one to talk.” I looked up to the direction of the mountain city of Petoria when I started hearing wing flaps coming from its direction.

“Sir Gilbert!” A griffon in armor landed beside my friend and saluted. “Sir! His Majesty wishes to inform you that the execution is within the next hour.”

Gilbert looked at me, and I looked at him back. I never told anyone what I did in the dungeons, even when the former captain started calling out his innocence. No one believed him when he said that he doesn’t remember the last five years of his life. I knew Gilbert had his suspicions, but he never called me out on it.

“Tell his Majesty that we will be there to witness it.” Gilbert said.

“Sir!”

“You’re dismissed.”

Even before the messenger flew away, I already had my back turned on him.

“Hatchlings!” I called out to the trainees, making them all freeze in their celebration. That’s it, fear my menacing visage. I heard everything you all said when you thought I didn’t. “You’re all free to do as you wish for the afternoon!”

I activated my [Evil Eye] before they could even make a sound. None of you are cheering until after I leave.

“How very mature of you, you millennia old Whelp.” Gilbert deadpanned.

I blindly grabbed the old griffon by his head and threw a [Magic Ball] at the stunned birds. The spell discharged in a flash, and then we were gone.


After a few minutes of travelling inside the shadows, Gilbert and I emerged in front of Petoria’s main gate. The old griffon shuddered as I pulled him out.

“I still don’t see how you can travel like that.” he said, shaking himself and straightening his ruffled feathers.

“You get used to it.” I answered.

Both of us walked through the gates, with the guards standing by saluting at my friend. None of them really noticed how we approached without them seeing us.

Once inside I was greeted with mixed expressions from the birds of the city. A few of them were giving me wary looks, while others smiled and gave me a quick bow of respect.

Word travelled fast after the former captain of the guards was captured. Though I doubt this will end up in the history books, there’s still the rumors circulating about me and Nicko helping the crown. Even here there were quite a few guards with loose beaks spouting out secrets to the public.

“Tell me, Ryu.” Gilbert started. “When will you be leaving again?”

I hummed in thought as we walked, nodding my head to those who greeted me warmly. “Probably after the execution, or maybe tonight.”

I’ve visited the others of the Downing clan in the last two weeks. I went to their homes during the evenings after training the birds for the day. I was glad that they were all happy and content with their lives. No one even dared to try what they did to Sven all those years ago. I was always worried that something like that would repeat itself.

That was one of the things that I always feared.

“Why don’t you come by the manor later?” he said. “My daughter’s visiting for a while and I bet you haven’t seen her since she moved away.”

Daughter? Come to think of it, it’s been years since I’ve seen little Jessy.

Jesabelle Downing, Gilbert’s eldest daughter, first of two and a son. The others were Rosette and Harold, respectively. Jessy was the only one that left the country for overseas; Rosette, last I checked, was working in a daycare; And Harold… became a pirate.

I… have no idea why Harold turned out like that. I wasn’t here when he started, and definitely wasn’t the one who corrupted the kid. Honestly, I blame Gilbert. The old bird almost seemed proud that his son was a pirate.

But then again, what father wouldn’t be? Last I checked, Harold’s crew was the only pirates left in the country. They finished off the rest and cashed in their bounties. Maybe Pirate wasn’t the right word. Harold was more like the navy, or bounty hunter.

“I’d like that.” I admitted. “Didn’t she have a fiance the last time?”

“That was years ago, you old drake. She was already married even before that time you disappeared for a decade.”

That was the time where I spent most of my days with Applejack.

“Huh. I guess I really did miss out on a lot of things while I was gone.”

“You weren’t even there during her wedding.”

Hsss. I feel like something just stabbed me in the chest. I missed Jessy’s special day, and I haven’t even seen her in years. I feel really bad about that. I hope I have something in my pouch to make up for it.

“Think she’ll forgive me?”

“Meh. It’s not like she noticed you weren’t there.”

Ouch. Just… ouch.

“Ah, don’t look so dejected.” My face is completely blank, just so you know. “She still looks up to you like an older brother.”

I was glad for that. But it still stung that she didn’t even notice that I wasn’t there. For the little kitty-chick to forget the guy that she used as a scratching post when she just hatched makes me sad.

“But I don’t know if she’s forgiven you yet for trying to scare away her fiance.”

She was eighteen at the time, and I still say that the bastard seduced her using underhanded methods, no matter how much he claimed that he was only seventeen at the time. I refuse to believe that it was Jessy who went after the cub, and not the other way around. Was he saying that little Jessy wasn’t attractive?!

“You have that expression again, Ryu. What evil are you plotting?”

Something that involves a steel table with straps and a bunch of rusty utensils. Also a sealed room far underground that no one will ever hear a screaming griffon.

“Stop laughing like that, dammit! I’m getting simultaneous flashbacks!”

I ignored Gilbert and continued to laugh. Ah, the townsfolk were getting nervous. Oops. I really shouldn’t change my teeth to fangs when I think about evil things, no matter how appropriate they may seem.


I sat back on a nearby roof, along with Gilbert and a few griffons, as the procession began. The crowd of birds jeered and threw insults at the first criminal.

“Come on! Hurry up!”

“I didn’t do anything! I swear I did nothing!”

The guards pulled the thrashing Solov Hazing towards the stage by the chains on his claws and neck. I watched his panicked expression with minor interest as he eyed the bloody guillotine.

Had I cared enough for his fate, I would have expressed some guilt. But because I took the memories of his crimes from him, Solov doesn’t even know why he was sentenced to death.

By technicality, the griffon now before us is actually innocent.

But that never really stopped me from killing. Amnesia or no, those who wronged me and mine will be punished.

Back in Equestria, executions were abolished centuries ago. Only the griffons and a handful of creatures still exercise this method in dealing with criminals. Part of this is to placate the masses and loosen some tension in the crowd. Another part of this is to make an example, period.

As Solov was strapped under the blade, he made one last plea for innocence before the guillotine came down on him. The crowds roared in cheer and I felt some sense of disgust rise from my gut because of their reaction. I wish I was somewhere else at the moment.

It’s easy to feel detached to your kills when you’re overwhelmed by emotions, it’s after you calm down that you feel the full impact of killing another sapient being that’s hard. For me, my way of coping with it is to keep thinking that what I killed was nothing but an animal.

So I’m secretly a Specist, sue me. But that doesn’t change the fact that I love my family like people and not as pets.

The guards cleared the stage and hid Solov’s corpse from view. Up next was someone more ferocious than the first. He was thrashing wildly and needed a full squad to make him comply.

“Oh Onyx…” Gilbert muttered solemnly from beside me.

“Free me this instant! I will not stand for this farce!” He tried to flap his wings, but the bonds tying them together prevented him from doing so. “I’m innocent I tell you, innocent!”

Onyx Glade, an old student of my friend and now-former captain sentenced for execution. He wanted to show the world how superior the griffons were against the other races out there that’s why he did what he did.

Even with five years worth of his memories inside my head, I still can’t fathom why he joined the rebels. The answer must’ve been somewhere in his childhood, and I would’ve needed to go further if I wanted to know.

I only took the memories from the day he joined the rebels, and everything else until two weeks ago. It was no wonder that the impulsive and confident griffon before us now was nothing more than a confused and rage-filled bird.

“You look like you’re enjoying this, Ryu.”

“Hm?”

“You have that fanged leer again.”

I licked the inside of my mouth and found that, yes, my teeth were fangs again. I must be hungry. They do that when I crave for gems.

I fished inside my pouch and pulled out a handful of tiny gems, then chose two dissimilar ones to put inside my mouth. Their different flavors made a mix taste, both being sweet and tasty, which just urged me to eat more.

I looked back the guillotine. Onyx was thrashing wildly, and the guards were having a hard time holding him still. All around them were the crowd, shouting how dishonorable he was being and how unsightly he was.

Raising my finger up, I pointed at the thrashing griffon.

[Jolt]

A tiny stream of lightning erupted from my fingertip and headed straight towards Onyx. He froze the instant my magic touched him, and the guards took the opportunity to securely strap him under the blade of the guillotine.

The eyes of the crowd turned to me when Onyx was secured. I gave them a brief nod before turning back to the stage, where everyone did the same. Some birds just aren’t comfortable in staring at a dragon in the middle of his meal.

My eyes turned up when I felt the unmistakable sensation of being glared at. When you’ve raised rebellious teens, you tend to hone your senses to when they start glaring at you. This one, though, wasn’t as weak. There was definitely a hint of killing intent in it, and it was coming from the palace.

Turning towards one of its windows, I met eyes filled with absolute fury and hate.

Intense. That was one way to describe them. Like the heat of the desert sun bearing down on you, you could practically feel the weight of their stare. Behind those yellow orbs I could practically see hell’s fire burning, with myself in their reflection it was as if I myself was being damned.

I almost found it adorable.

My lips stretched into a smile. I opened my mouth and silently worded. “Hello, Lydia Pierro.”

The griffon in the window jerked suddenly and froze, her hellfire glare extinguished almost instantly.

Lydia Pierro, a commoner working as one of the palace staff. Her hobbies were cleaning, cooking, sewing, knitting, and trying new things. She dislikes loud and obnoxious birds and prefer peace and quiet. She has a shy and sweet personality, but she can hold one hell of a grudge.

She’s also Onyx’s fiance.

Oh, and she’s the one who recruited him to the rebel side.

Isn’t love amazing?

“What are you looking at, Ryu?”

“Just bird watching.”

Gilbert snorted while I maintained eye contact with Lydia. My old friend doesn’t even know her.

It must have been excruciating to face your lover in a cell, telling them that it was all going to be okay while you recite words of love to reassure them.

It also must have been one hell of a punch to the gut when your lover doesn’t even remember that you were a couple.

I remember the complete look of utter devastation on her face when Onyx said to her: “What are you talking about? We’re not lovers.”

It was hilarious.

They entered a serious relationship sometime in the last five years, and he popped the question some time last year. They were about to marry in a few months, but… this happened.

“For the attempt against the crown, you are hereby sentenced to death.”

Onyx’s cries were muffled by the bag over his head, and Lydia’s eyes were still locked on mine. Tears of hate and sadness started running down her face. I grinned as I opened my mouth to recite a few words to her, as a spy I knew that she could read them.

“With heaven as my witness; by the Sun, Moon, and Stars, I declare my love for you eternal…”

Lydia’s eyes widened and she looked like her heart stopped..

“... There is no Sky too high, no Sea too deep, No evil in Tartarus to keep this heart at bay...”

Down the stage, the guillotine shined in eerie red from the light of the sun, and the blood of the disgraced.

“... To you, the one I seek, many words do I wish to convey. Yet words fail to express my longing....”

The crowd held their breaths as the executioner held the lever.

“.. Lydia, my love...”

The executioner pulled, and the blade came down.

“... WIll you marry me?”


“What did you do back there, Ryu?”

“Hm?” my eyes shifted to the side where GIlbert was.

“You sounded like you were proposing to someone.”

“Maybe…”

The winds whipped against my face as we glided away from the mountain city. Even from our distance, I could already see the Downing Manor. It was only a few kilometers away from Petoria, minutes worth of travel if you could fly.

Back at the execution, what I did to Lydia was horrible, by society’s standards. I repeated the words that Onyx said when he proposed to her, and did it just as her fiance lost his head.

Hahh… There’s actually a good explanation for that.

When I use [Monopolize] I take the the Experience of those I use it on. That means that I take the memories and the emotions that came with them.

I felt Onyx’s near crippling nervousness when he proposed to Lydia, his elation when she said yes, and, most of all, his overwhelming love for her.

I saw them all through his eyes, felt all his emotions as if I was the one proposing to her, and whenever I recall that moment, I feel as though I am Onyx Glade.

That’s the danger of [Monopolize]. There’s a high possibility that the user will gain an Identity Disorder.

Also, because of [Monopolize], I start feeling affections to the lovers of those I took memories from. Even now, when I think of Lydia, my heart flutters a bit and a sense of longing would suddenly come over me.

Events where my… donor felt strong emotions would leave lasting impressions on me; their happiest day, their saddest day, their most angry, most depressed, etc…

It’s like a trauma.

Thankfully those emotions were nothing but echoes that came with the memory. No matter how strong the emotions are, it would always feel somewhat hollow.

When you’re confronted by the object of the memory, I can’t help but recall. When I saw Lydia glaring at me from the window it felt like someone just stabbed me in the heart. For her to look at me with eyes so filled with hate…

Bah. The reason why I gave the girl a trauma was so that I could find out which of the conflicting emotions are truly mine. In the end my cruelty overcame Onyx’s love.

The Elder Dragons gave me the name of Undying Loyalty; and they were right, in a way. One of the things that I prided about myself, aside from my magic prowess, was my Loyalty. Even though, I admit, I tend to be very extreme about it.

Once you have my Loyalty, you can expect me to go to hell and back just for you, freeze it, then make it your personal playground. Right after committing a mass genocide of everything in it first, of course. We wouldn’t want you to get corrupted by demons, now, do we?

Being that Loyalty is one of the things that I value most, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that one of the things that I despise most is Betrayal. If you’re looking for a reason for my animosity towards the rebels, then look no further.

Those who turn their back on their homes because of stupid reasons are better off impaled on a pike and left to dry under the burning sun, alive and bleeding to death, preferably. Oh, and to make it better, shave them bald first then coat them in oil before doing the original plan.

“Here we are.”

We both landed in front of the gates. The manor was still as big as I remembered; two story, old english-style house, with flat rooftops.

I have so many fond memories here with Gilbert.

Ah, that was the window that Gilbert used to sneak out of when he didn’t want to train. There was that net that I used whenever he tried it. Then there’s the log that I tie him onto when I catch him. Ah, and there’s that old bucket that I used to fill with ice water to punish him for it. It looks like someone had been stomping on it after I was gone.

I sighed happily. “Good times.”

“Please don’t say such things while looking at the spot where you tortured me most of my childhood.”

...

I sighed happily. “Good times.”

Gilbert grumbled unhappily before he started walking towards the main entrance.

“We’re home!” he called out as he opened the door. There was only a maid cleaning the hall, the rest were scattered all over the manor from what I could hear with my powerful hearing.

“Welcome home, sir. To you as well, Lord Ryu.”

I gave her a pat on the head as we walked past, something that she did not appreciate, apparently.

“Is Jessy home yet, Beatrice Elenore Lillivire Letrace Elaine?”

“She is, sir, and please call me Belle.”

“Why? I think your full name is beautiful.” she followed us as we started heading up the stairs.

“Thank you, my lord, but that’s not my name. You just made up words using the first letters of my nickname ‘Belle’.”

“Remind me again why I did that?”

“You were bored at the time, sir.”

Ah...right. The chicks already flew the coop, and Gilbert was already terrorizing the local recruits. I was feeling really lazy that day.

We entered another room and finally found Jessy there, along with her family.

“Jessy!” Gilbert exclaimed happily as he opened his arms towards his daughter.

“Dad!”

A griffon with silver feathers flew straight into Gilbert’s embrace. Like any female griffon, Jessy had sharp features, though looked more like a cross between a hawk and a leopard instead of the regular eagle and lion.

This world’s genetics is as confusing as ever.

Behind Jessy, I saw her husband and daughter. My eyes were firmly on the husband, though. He gave me an uneasy grin and waved. My eyes narrowed in return.

“Ryu!”

Hm? My sight is suddenly covered in feathers.

“Hello to you, too, Jessy.”

I returned the girl’s hug and gently set her down on the ground. Even if griffons are bigger than ponies, it’s not really by much.

“It’s been so long.” she chirped. “I haven’t seen you in years.”

“Sorry. Another dragon wanted to move into my territory, so I had to give him the law of the land. I also had to take care of some ponies.”

She snorted before saying. “Is that why you missed my wedding?”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” I said. “I was preoccupied with the farm.”

“Farm?” she repeated.

“An apple farm.”

“Oh.” she nodded. “Yeah. I remember that you were a bit addicted to those things.”

I blame that on the Original Ryu. Then again, there are worse things to be addicted to.

Jessy turned to her family and gestured for them to come closer. “What are you two doing there, come here and say hello.” she turned back to me, and I was thankfully quick enough to hide my glare at her husband. “You remember my husband, right?”

“Bastard, right?”

Jessy’s claws flashed over my face. I didn’t even flinch as I was already expecting something like that. My [Resist] spell managed to protect me from any damage, thankfully.

“It’s Brian.” Jessy corrected, looking at her claws then my face. “Why are you such a douche to my hubby, Ryu?”

“Please. I’m a douche to everyone I don’t like. Your hobby isn’t anything special.”

“I said Hubby.”

“My ears heard hobby. You should really find better ways to waste your time.”

Jessy groaned and palmed her face. Her husband made an uneasy expression when I went back to glaring at him.

“What is it about him that you don’t like, Ryu?” Jessy asked.

His name reminds me of an old meme. But more than that, he’s scrawny. Just by looking at him I could tell that he was a scholar-type.

Gilbert went over to Brian’s side and gave him a pat on the shoulder. “Don’t mind him, son. He’s mostly like that to those from outside the family.” then he glared at me. “I kinda wish he’d stop that.”

I actually have a deeper reason to hate Brian. He may not look like it, but he’s actually one of those useless protagonists who seems to attract the best females around him like flies to shit. What I can’t forgive is that I think he used that to get to Jessy.

Until proven otherwise, I’ll keep hating him with all my guts. So…

Glare…

Look at him. Almost driven to tears just from a look. It’s like he never had a character development.

“Tea, sir?”

I didn’t take my eyes away from Brian and took the tea from the tray. “Thank you, Belle.” Then I went back to glaring.

“Ignore him for now, he’s just trying to be funny,” Gilbert said to Brian.

“No one’s laughing.” Jessy grumbled.

Rolling my eyes, I drained my cup and gave it back to Belle. Griffons don’t laugh until they start beating on each other’s face.

“So. who’s the chick we neglected to notice?” I pointed at Jessy’s daughter, who was more content in looking outside the window than join in with the banter.

“My daughter.” Jessy said, gaining said chick’s attention. “Say hello, dear.”

“Sup.”

I raised a brow at her. “I’m almost reminded of Gilbert when he was a cub. Cocky little thing.” said griffon huffed my way before going back to his conversation with Brian.

Jessy went over to her daughter and smacked her on the head. “Introduce yourself properly, dear.”

The young griffon grumbled to herself and stood straighter. “The name’s Gilda. Remember it, dweeb.”

I looked at her for a long moment, then stared up at the ceiling. I tend to forget that this world runs on cliche and coincidences.

I wonder if this was a sign to go home for a bit.


I left the country the next day.

Thankfully Jessy didn’t mind. They were here for vacation, and to give Gilda some time in her home country. Jessy said that the girl had been depressed for the last couple of months, probably because of her breaking up her friendship with Rainbow Dash.

I’m gonna have to bring those two back together somehow. I don’t care about Rainbow, but Gilda was family. Watching a griffon mope was never fun.

When I arrived in Ponyville, I was not happy. Even from a mile away I could see the towering dragon rampaging in the pony settlement. Bastards never did learn their lessons.

Though something about this drake made me stop.

“Da Wan?”

I hovered in place, just above Ponyville.

No, this isn’t him. This one looks scrawny compared to the slightly plump Elder. The one here has a lighter shade of scales, too, compared to the Elder. So… this one had to be...

“Spike?”

The grown dragon climbed up the nearest mountain with its pilfered loot. It bellowed out a roar strong enough to vibrate the air and make the mare trapped in his claw scream in fright.

This won’t do.

Magic slowly started leaking from my [Myrmidon] form. My eyes narrowed at the drake. Baby dragon or no, rules are rules. And right now he’s breaking mine.

The Wonderbolts have arrived, but they were easily swatted away like flies. Grunting at their poor performance, my magic focused into a second skin over my form.

Rearing my arm back, my eyes focused on the dragon’s center.

[AURA!]

I threw my whole body forward and released my spell. Spike roared out in pain when it made contact with his chest, something that made the ponies around cringe. Then his movements stopped, his eyes glazing over.

“I have rules in my territory, and unfortunately you broke them.”

You don’t steal from ponies.

You don’t terrorize ponies.

And you sure as hell don’t rampage in my town.

In the middle of the dragon’s chest, there was a hideous red blot. With no life to hold its body up, the dragon’s weight began to lean on one side and started to fall.

“Don’t worry kid. I’ll try and make it up to you, I promise.”

Down in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle screamed in anguish.