• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,199 Views, 72 Comments

Little Bits - Loganberry



A collection of writings too short to be published in their own right.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,199

Just Visiting (flashfic; Slice of Life/Dark; Twilight/Chrysalis)

The cell door opened, its hinges gleaming dully in the grey evening light.

“You again?” complained Chrysalis.

“Me again,” said Twilight.

Chrysalis continued to mutter and grumble, but Twilight paid her no heed. She levitated the scroll through the forcefield and laid it down in front of the changeling queen.

Chrysalis looked up, scowling. “What’s this?”

“You know what it is.”

Twilight turned away and walked out of the bare cell, leaving Chrysalis alone with the rolled parchment. She eyed it warily for a while, as though it might leap up and strike her, then grabbed it and ripped it open, breaking the Solar Seal into two jagged halves. Her wings buzzed pointlessly as she read.

I grant your request. Tomorrow, you shall have the messenger you desire: the pony who thinks best of you.

Chrysalis allowed herself a twisted half-smile, then flung the scroll into a dark corner and waited for sleep to come.

* * *

The cell door opened, its hinges gleaming dully in the grey evening light.

“You again?” complained Chrysalis.

“Me again,” said Twilight.

Author's Note:

Placed second (out of ten) in Weekly Contests #25, which had the prompt "Round and Round" and a 200-word limit.