• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,200 Views, 72 Comments

Little Bits - Loganberry



A collection of writings too short to be published in their own right.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,200

Everything is Awesome (story snippet; Comedy/Random; Rainbow Dash)

“Hiya, Pinks! Wanna see my totally awesome new routine? I’ve been practising it for weeks now and I guess it’s about time I showed somepony.”

“Oh, hi, Rainbow Dash!” said Pinkie Pie. “Is it, like, totally awesome, or is it just an itty-bitty, teeny-weeny bit awesome?”

Rainbow made a face. “Hey, come on, Pinkie Pie. I do not do stuff that isn’t totally, completely and absolutely awesome.”

“Oh, okay then,” said Pinkie. She skipped around a large rock on the ground, occasionally batting it with her tail and giggling. “La la la la la,” she sang.

“Er...” said Rainbow, “okaaay, Pinkie Pie. Your scales are really coming on; they’re actually pretty awesome. But can we please get going now? It’s almost three o’clock already.”

There was a moment’s silence.

“Um, Pinkie? Yeah, like I said, your singing is awesome and all... but... why are you looking at me like that?”

Pinkie was now standing stock-still, her eyes fixed on a spot just below Rainbow’s muzzle. The earth pony was blinking rapidly, giving her eyes the impression of having been painted on the card of a badly-adjusted zoetrope.

“Yeah,” said Rainbow uncertainly, “I don’t know what you’re doing, Pinkie, and I’m not really sure that I want to. Sooo... are you going to come and see my awesome routine or not?”

“You could always do it tomorrow!” said Pinkie suddenly.

“Um, why would I want to do that? I have to work tomorrow. There’s a real big storm scheduled, and it’s going to need an awesome amount of preparation. I can do this today.”

“Well, maybe,” Pinkie conceded. “I have to go make some cupcakes for Mr and Mrs Cake, but if you send a message to Gummy when you’re ready, he’ll be sure to let me know.”

“Um, awesome?” Rainbow’s ever-limited patience exhausted, she took off towards the centre of the village.

* * *

“...so I did it myself and saved on a whole load of trouble. Oh, hello, Rainbow Dash.”

“Hi, awesome!”

Twilight blinked. “Um, what?”

“You are so awesome!” squeaked Rainbow.

Twilight’s eyes darted about and she blushed slightly. “Oh, well, thank you, Rainbow. That’s very nice of you. But since you’re here, can I help you with something?”

“Awesomeness!” declared Dash, spreading her wings. “There’s this awesome new Daring Do series guide out; do you have it in your awesome new library?”

Twilight frowned. “Um, I don’t know about that, Rainbow Dash. It’s pretty new. The publishers may not have sent it out here just yet.”

“Can you at least check?” begged Rainbow. “You’re way too awesome for that to happen, Twilight!”

“Uh, Rainbow?”

“Yes, oh amazing, awesome friend who just happens to be the greatest librarian ever?”

“Why do you use that word every single time you say something?”

“What word?”

“Oh. Okay, maybe it was just a coincidence. Say, Dash, do you want to come look for the book with me now?”

“That would be totally awesome!” enthused Rainbow.

There was a pause.

“I think we need to get to the bottom of this,” muttered Twilight at length. “Okay, Rainbow Dash, a few questions. What do you think of Fluttershy?”

Dash looked bemused, but humoured the alicorn. “She’s a really good friend. She gets nervous a lot, and I’ll admit that sometimes that does make me frustrated, but she’s always stood by me. She’s pretty awesome.”

“Pinkie Pie?”

“Throws the most awesome parties in Equestria, and I should know!”

“Spike?”

“Well... I guess I don’t know him all that well, but from the times we have hung out, I’d say he was a pretty awesome little scaly guy.”

“Um... Queen Chrysalis?”

“Oh come on, Twilight, she’s not someone we even need to think about any more. Not since we smashed up her gang of changelings with our pure awesomeness!”

Twilight raised an eyebrow, but decided to let it pass.

Author's Note:

A very silly idea I had, but one which didn't seem to be going anywhere fast. This is as much as I wrote before putting it aside.