• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 6,820 Views, 46 Comments

Battle Brawlers: Equestria - GoldenCyclone4



Sombra has brought back three enemies from the Brawler's world, so Celestia counters by summoning Dan and company to end the threat, once and for all!

  • ...
4
 46
 6,820

Prolouge: How it Begins

Prologue: How It Begins
POV:???

“Ugh, where am I?” I asked myself as I sat up. Wait, shouldn’t I be dead? That stupid Dan Kuso destroyed me and Razenoid… So the question is: how am I still alive? “Well, I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth, as that earthling saying goes. Still, where am I?” I looked around and noticed I seemed to be in some underground cave. I then noticed a small, black orb on the ground. Knowing what, or rather, who it was, I picked the orb up and shook it. It soon popped open to reveal my partner, Razenoid.

“Ugh, what happened?” he asked, slowly regaining awareness. “Magmel? Where are we? Wait, shouldn’t we be dead?”

“Yes, Razenoid, we should. And yet, we are not.” I replied simply.

Suddenly, I heard another voice, old and wizened, but definitely male, call out. “Who’s there? Show yourselves, or I will unleash my Bakugan!” the voice bellowed.

I walked towards the voice, Razenoid in hand. I then saw the man the voice belonged to. He looked about 50 or so, and seemed human. He had gray hair, as well as a close-cut beard, and wore a black tunic that had gold trimmings. He also wore a green cape that connected to a red fur collar and gold shoulder pads. In his fingers, I saw a red orb, no doubt a Pyrus Bakugan. Deciding he wasn’t an enormous threat, I stepped forward and asked,”Who are you to question me? I am the mighty Magmel, originally Emperor Barodius of Gundalia. You are just an old man.”

This comment seemed to anger him, as he shot back, “I am King Zenoheld, ruler of Vestal, creator of the Bakugan Termination System. I defeated the Six Ancient Soldiers singlehandedly! If it weren’t for that traitor Spectra and that brat, Dan Kuso, I would’ve-“

“Wait, did you say Dan Kuso?” I interrupted, wondering if it was the same fool who defeated me twice over.

“Yes,” he replied, “That little brat continuously foiled my every plan!”

“Well, it would seem we have a shared enemy,” said a third voice. Both I and Zenoheld looked behind him to see a third figure emerge from the shadows of the cave. This one looked younger, around 16 or so, and wore a black one-piece suit with blue lines all over it. He also wore a mask that was black with a singular, blue optic in the center. I saw that some of his blond hair spilled out the back. He continued, “Dan Kuso appears to be a thorn in all of our sides. I am Wiseman, and I too was foiled by him.”

“So all of us hate Dan Kuso. Now what?” Zenoheld asked. Then, a fourth voice, dark and raspy, spoke up.

“You have been revived to serve as Generals for my revenge,” said the voice. Then, smoke seemed to pour in, despite there being no visible source. It proceeded to form into a disembodied head. All three of us had obviously seen weirder, as none of us reacted. The head was equine in shape, and had a black, billowing mane. The whites of its eyes were a bright green, and its irises were blood red. Strangest of all were the facts that its eyes seemed to have flowing purple mascara, and it had a curved, blood-red horn in the middle of its forehead.

“Serve? Ha! I serve no one!” Zenoheld scoffed. The two of us obviously agreed, as we all started walking away.

“Ah, but you will, for if you do, I can give you what you desire most: revenge on Dan Kuso.”

This revelation made me stop in my tracks. “How?” I asked, curious.

“Once I begin my attack, the rulers of this world will seek them out. Then, with a boost in power from me, you will be able to end them once and for all.”

Now it had our attention. “Alright, what do we have to do? And who are you, anyways?” I asked, still somewhat unsure.

“Merely cause as much destruction as possible. Soon, Equestria will be crushed under our hooves!”

“I think you mean feet. And what is this Equestria you speak of? I’ve never heard of any place like that on Earth or Vestal,” Zenoheld inquired.

The head sighed. “I do suppose you deserve an explanation of what’s happening. You are in another dimension. I used much of my remaining power to revive the three of you and bring you to this dimension. But, as you destroy more of this kingdom, I will regain my power bit by bit. That’s where you three and your partners come in. the immense power you hold will cause much devastation, and I will regain power faster.”

Well, it wasn’t the first time I had entered a different dimension. Of course, one thing still bugged me. “Well, I suppose that isn’t the craziest reason you could have proposed. But you never answered my second question. Who are you? Better yet, why do you want this place destroyed?”

“Simple,” it replied, “This world has wronged me greatly. I used to be a king. I ruled over a great empire with an iron fist. No one could oppose me. But then, one day, those two came and banished me. After a thousand years, I returned, only to be defeated by a CHILD, of all things. I have been biding my time, gaining strength, waiting to return to my former glory. Now with you three, I can’t possibly fail. This kingdom will be mine!”

‘Well, someone likes tempting fate…’ I thought to myself. Still, it didn’t seem like a bad plan. And ruling a kingdom again would be nice.

“Alright, I accept,” I heard Wiseman say. Zenoheld also muttered agreement.

“Fine, I’ll take part in this little scheme of yours. But you still haven’t told us your name. Or would you prefer us to call you Dark Smoke Monster for as long as we’re here?” I asked.

“My name, you say? Fine. You may call me… King Sombra.”

Author's Note:

So, this is a little prologue, just to show how I’ll be doing this. It’s nice to get into the mind of the villains every so often, you know? I hope you’ll enjoy this story. I love reviews, constructive criticism, and error catching, so feel free to point out anything I missed or could have done better!
This is GoldenCyclone4, signing off.