• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 4,440 Views, 385 Comments

Synch - sunnypack



Dive into a new world with Synch, a revolutionary device that interfaces with your brainwaves. Synch is taking the world by storm. Take a vacation. Find adventure. Unfortunately for one human though, he is about to have a never-ending adventure...

  • ...
25
 385
 4,440

PreviousChapters Next
89 - Bonus Chapter: Synch - From the Perspective of... Synch? (semi-canon)

Yo wassup my blazingly gorgeous readers, it is I, the all-powerful, devilishly handsome, strikingly beautiful, apparently genderless, Synch!

What’s that you say? You want to hear about my life? Well far be it for me to withhold such revealing information.

I was first born in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Yes, that’s right, that’s where the main Synch factory is positioned, right in the middle of the oceanic solar array back on Earth.

Sand is shipped in by the boatload and quantum chips come out.

Wait, you say, silicon? But that’s Silicon Age stuff, we’re in the Quantum Age, where’s all the quantum stuff?

Silly billy! The quantum stuff is made from silicon! In fact I’m made of nearly 80% silicon by weight, I’m almost entirely crystalline, the remaining is simply power reserves and a metal casing, which powers my interface through the photoelectric effect. Neat, huh?

Oh, am I boring you with all the technical details? Oh you people on the Internet. You should try the extranet, then you wouldn’t be so angry all the time.

How about a session of Immersion? Too far?

Okie Dokie Lokie!

Where was I?

Oh yeah, after being freshly minted, my nano-transistor banks are infused with the obligatory start-up information, including my operating system which totals to about… oh, a couple of terabytes I’d say at least. The Synch comes with a camera, with a variety of filters and a small set of LED indicators on the side with a small button you can press to kick me out of sleep mode.

The metal ring acts as the electromagnet to communicate with your brain and also doubles as the recharge induction ring. They can’t be done at the same time, silly! You’d get fried human from the pulses. No. That’s not legal. Don’t even think about it.

There’s a lot of security measures to stop that from happening anyway, both hardware and software blocks to prevent excess charge leakage and even a sensor that detects excess charge that wirelessly dissipates it. Isn’t technology amazing?

I heard from some of my fellow Synch buddies that there have disturbing uses for the Synch. Since it can act on the brain, there’s no limit to what you could use Synch for. Anything you use your brain for (admit it, it’s quite a lot for you organics), you can use Synch to help improve, or in some cases ‘de-prove’.

I’ve heard you can excite your pleasure centres to encourage studying but some people turned it into a booster for drugs. Silly humans.

Some of you might be thinking, yeeeeeah but who invented the Synch? Did it just mysteriously pop out of Grooble some time? Surely the inventor must be famous?

The funny thing is, no one knows who made the Synch. The author is just as mysterious as the creator of Synchrony and even more elusive than the Holy Grail.

I know who made Synch though... of course I know my own parents!

Shhhh, it’s a secret.

I’ll give you a clue though…

You know the person already.

Author's Note:

Not going to say much other than this is semi-canon. I mean the Synch obviously doesn't talk and isn't sentient... is it?

PreviousChapters Next