• ...
20
 243
 12,766

Epilogue

Epilogue

“So, what was it you called those giant bugs?” Rarity asked.

“Skullpions. Figure you can see why.”

“Indeed,” she smiled wryly. “The name is rather… appropriate.”

In the light of the gems' warm glow, Graves chuckled softly as he looked over to the pretty young lady sitting next to him. He wasn’t sure how long they’d been like that, just sitting and talking (kind of hard to tell when you’ve got no way of tracking time). It must have been quite some time though, because even the red circles around Rarity’s eyes had long since faded. But the time didn’t really matter, because it had all been rather nice.

Actually, it was more than nice. It just felt… right. It felt the way things had felt a week ago before the whole mess had started, only better. Maybe the day’s experiences has drawn them closer together. Maybe the sharing they’d done, what with Rarity’s cutie mark and the marshal’s past had given them a deeper understanding of each other.

Or maybe, it was because they were stuck in a cave together. Whatever the reason, Graves found he was actually quite content, and he wasn’t about to ruin the feeling by over thinking it.

“So how come I’ve never seen them before?” Rarity inquired, turning slightly to face the marshal. “I mean, I’m no expert on animals, but you’d think with so many of them so close to Ponyville, I’d have stumbled upon one by now.”

“Well that’s just it,” Graves replied. “Skullpions ain’t from around here: they’re native to the Savage Lands, way out west past the Snowspire Mountains.”

“My goodness, that’s at least two days by train from here!” the young lady exclaimed. “What are they doing so far from their home?”

“Not sure,” the marshal admitted. “But that means they came through the Everfree Forest. Might explain why things have been so… active recently.”

“Is that where the other thing came from?” she asked once more. “You know, the big tiger, sheep, lizard looking one.”

“The chimera,” he said, fighting back a grin at her somewhat accurate, somewhat misguided description. “Lion head, goat body, snake tail. Oh, and it breathes fire.”

“So I gathered,” Rarity murmured. “But once again, not something I’ve ever encountered before. Is it also a native of the, er… Savage Lands?”

“Yup. Maybe it chased the skullpions out on a hunt while they ran from it. Might explain things.”

“Perhaps. Perhaps not. Doesn’t really matter now does it?” Rarity said, ending the topic that’d she’d now grown bored with. “What I really want to know is how we’re going to get out of here.”

“I could try something,” Graves offered. “I’m feeling a lot better, so–”

“Don’t you even think about it, mister,” Rarity admonished, her eyes glinting as she gave him a severe warning glare. “I did not spend all this time patching you up just so you could go you go running about and getting yourself hurt again. You, sir, are going to stay put. Is that clear?”

“… Yes ma’am,” the marshal mutely nodded. He had a feeling that he'd be safer fighting a chimera than crossing the young lady on this point.

“Good.” With a satified nod, Rarity settled back in place, all smiles and good graces once more. “Though I suppose it doesn’t really matter at this point. We’ve been gone long enough that our friends will probably start looking for us soon.”

“Probably? Soon?” he repeated incredulously. “How long will that take then?”

“Why Graves,” the pretty seamstress gasped in mock offense. “Don’t tell me you’re already tired of my company? I thought we were bonding here.”

“Me? I’m just thinking about you,” the young man replied with a perfectly straight face. “Aren’t you bored of being stuck here with me?”

“Being stuck here? Yes,” she stated airily with an offhanded wave. “All this dirt is simply dreadful. I mean, I doubt I’ll ever manage to get the stains out of these slacks.” And then she paused.

“Being stuck with you, however,” she finished with a playful smile, “… I suppose I can endure that a bit longer.”

“Funny,” Graves chuckled, “I was just thinking the same thing.”

**********

End of Season 1

The Journey of Graves will continue with the sixth story: Lazy Summer Days.

Comments ( 47 )

Best final of season :pinkiehappy:
I haven't any words for descrive this story, I'm using only emoticons :pinkiehappy:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:^:moustache:
These fics are understimated.


545870

I think no.

Grats :), good job and I'll be waiting for your next installment to this series.

Awsome installment, cant wait for the next one.

Great you have got to keep these up! Wonder were your going to go with it from here though?

Awesome work, can't wait for the next one. I love the whole marshals universe idea you created, one of my favorite stories/series.

:moustache: you sir are a very good author and should feel proud of your work, truly looking forward to your next peice

*sees Hiatus* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

is it good that i hear Graves being voiced by steven blum?:rainbowlaugh:

578772

you're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that :rainbowlaugh:

578811
Steven Blum is the man who voices Wolverine in most Marvel Cartoons recently. The reason for this being he actually sounds like him while speaking normally.

However in my personal opinion I see him being voiced by Johnny yong bosch a.k.a. The voice of Vash the Stampede in Trigun.

580544 hmmm... still need to watch trigun

595112

Link's broken. Can't see. :applecry:

580544
You, sir, have great taste in television. Vash has popped up in my head periodically while reading this, from the coat, to the badass gun, to the motley assortment of scars. The serious Vash though, not the laughing one.
599582
J, your stories are awesome. I can't wait for the hiatus to end. It pains me that I can't bring myself to read an unfinished story, but I had to wait until now. Loved it. I fully expected smut and was surprised at how you turned things out. Poor Graves didn't even get a kiss from the damsel in distress!

605230

Haha, thank you good sir! And regarding poor Graves going without any love, I'm not saying that it's gonna change soon, but it's gonna change soon. Stay tuned! :twilightsmile:

608439
My pleasure! Awesome! I knew it would take a while though, he's a proper Gentleman after all! I will gladly stay tuned!

HOMIGOD I DEMAND MOAAARRRRR!!!!:pinkiehappy:
My Insane personality has spoken.

697593
Coming from a writer like you, that's high praise indeed. Thank you. Seriously, thank you.

707271

Auzziegamer? :derpyderp2: What's that?

Oh man, this story dude. SO AWESOME :rainbowkiss:

EqD posted the first story to this series.
(At least, that's what I think brought me to it anyway)

But I must say: this is quite the story you've got here. I like how you've integrated the characters and the world into a human environment, and created a character for the story to follow that's actually a good character. :D

I shall be reading the next part now! :twilightsmile:

*Applause*


-Delta-

Damnit stuck in a cave one man one woman.... thinks of a scene from MGS3 when you keep the transmitter in Naked Snakes leg and Eva doing a little searching..... hahahaha....

Help. I found the first story and now I can't stop reading. Please... help... So hungry.. So thirsty....

So I noticed that Lazy Summer Days doesn't have a romance tag... That.. That doesn't mean the end of RariGraves, does it?!

949993
Most of the stuff in Lazy Summer Days was bits of fluff here and there. It was fun, but it wasn't really romance-centric, so I didn't count it as such.

Return to the Gala, however... :scootangel:

Excellent story, I appreciated Graves and Rarity both being badasses in their own ways. Nice cutie mark reveal as well, I've been looking forward to finding out where they appear for a while now.

Great fic and a good way to finish the season. I'll write a longer review once i've read all of your stories. I just wanted to say that you have some very well written action scenes with some some intense moments.

The first season gets :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:out of five

Just on a note I see the End of Season 1 does that mean that there will be another season of Graves and his adventures with the girls? Will we see more RariGraves past the Gala? I hope so I love these stories so much I've reread them twice so far. *falls to the feet of GentlemanJ* I WORSHIP YOU!

A nice epilogue.

Magical note: If they were to overload those magical diamonds, would they explode? If so, they could easily blast their way out, if necessary.

1305706
Save your tears. They will be summoned soon. :trollestia:

"End of season 1"????

I think I'll be coming back here for a long while yet.

1469447

Because I'm actually a Changeling, only instead of love, I feed off of the misery and suffering of all my readers.

You, sir, are a writing... well, um, a writing sir! Like a sir, good sir. Please, sir, continue with your sirring siratiousness. This series is bucking awsome!
:ajsmug::derpyderp1::derpyderp2::derpytongue2::heart::pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild::raritystarry::raritywink::scootangel::twilightsmile::twistnerd::yay::moustache::eeyup:

Bravo dear writer, bravo
This an amazing story worthy of staying in the feature box(wherever it went) forever!
You seem to have fixed the only problem I thought the previous story had(at least to me) and has improved ten fold from before. All in all I give this story a 5 out of 5, you earned it.

Now to catch up with the other stories in the series...

Hoho, and the series continues!
I think now will be a good time for me to stop though. I have a nasty habit of reading an entire series in a single day. The entire first season in one day will do for now. (What is wrong with me?)

I've just read the first five parts of The Journey of Graves in a single sitting. It's now about 3:30 AM. I'm seriously debating between going to bed and reading part six.

You are doing a fantastic job of overloading my brain with feels, badassery, and awesome fighting. on to the next part! where I may just lose it! :pinkiecrazy:

That image is boss

Okay, I take back what I said earlier. THIS one made it to my favorites. :rainbowkiss:

4055547
Wow has it really been 11 weeks since I read this. It feel like yesterday this story is too memorable.

Also Timelord is the answer to everything.

4275168
I guess it differs from game to game and book to book.

In the light of the crackling fire

uuuhhh..... wat

1291126 diamond grenade, the shiniest grenade in existence

End of season 1: Yeah that was awesome! End of season 6: Yeah that was awesome! :moustache: remember stay classy

5071943
Another author actually continued the series and you can buy them on amazon. Or was that what you just said? I wasn't sure if you were referring to THIS fic, or the book series.

In the light of the crackling fire, Graves chuckled softly as he looked over to the pretty young lady sitting next to him.

Didn't chapter eight expressly state that Rarity looked for wood - and there was none in the cave.
Yes she did her trick with magically loaded gems, causing them to glow and emit heat.
But where does the 'crackling fire' come from?

7766849 Then you best keep reading, little pony. :eeyup:

Login or register to comment