• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 2,616 Views, 110 Comments

The Misfits - Cyber System



A handicapped unicorn, a carnivorous earth pony, a digging pegasus with acrophobia, and a pony-changeling hybrid walk into Ponyville. Things can't go wrong, right? Right?

  • ...
6
 110
 2,616

Chapter 26: Goodbyes

Celestia and Luna discussed events with each other at Canterlot Castle.

Luna turned to her sister. "There is something odd going on."

"What is?" Celestia asked.

"Remember the amount of unexplained calamities that have been appearing in Canterlot?"

"And what about them?"

"For some unknown reason, they have just stopped, no reason for their disappearance."

Celestia thought for a moment. "I think I have the reason. When I last visited Saddle Arabia, I was told about a stallion named 'Laa-Mohr' who is cursed with bad luck, then after months of plagues, famines, locusts, and pestilences, Laa-Mohr was sent out of Saddle Arabia and exiled, from what I know he spent his days on foal mountain, stealing from vendors in Canterlot."

"And you knew where he was but never stopped him?"

"Yes, I knew of his deeds, but Laa-Mohr has good reasons to remain free. If I were to have him stay in the castle as a sign of hospitality or arrest him for his crimes, his curse will cause the disasters of Saddle Arabia to be brought upon us in Canterlot. It seemed to be the best decision to make. Besides, I assume he is in a happier place."

"With The Misfits?" Luna guessed, Celestia nodded.

"From what I know, tomorrow is their final day, and they shall be departing in the morning."

"And what will you make of this, sister?"

"I believe The Misfits deserve a bit of a... reward for their work and what's to come in the future."

Luna smiled. "I understand, should we present it to them personally tomorrow before they leave?"

Celestia nodded. "If Laa-Mohr really is a misfit now, it proves that they show great kindness among them, mainly the first four. Plus, I think it is about time to check on how Eclipse and Moonlight are doing as misfits."


Eclipse walked into Rarity's shop, as she looked to see who it was, she was slightly nervous at the albino, pyrokinetic unicorn.

"Eclipse! What a... pleasant surprise, what brings you here? Oh, it doesn't matter, come on in, but don't touch anything," she said rather rushed.

"Relax, Rarity, I just came to pick up my saddlebag, did you use the fireproof leather?"

"Oh, yes! Uh... just give me a moment, please don't touch anything," Rarity left into the next room as Sweetie Belle came in.

"You know, you should see her when she's got a big project and you say 'it's not that big of a deal'. It's kinda fun to watch for the first few minutes, then you just feel bad and want to help her," Eclipse smiled and chuckled, since he was waiting for Rarity, he thought it would be interesting to mess with the filly a bit.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle," Eclipse said, the young unicorn filly looked at him as he pulled out a single bit from his pouch and showed it to Sweetie Belle on his hoof. "You see this bit?" he asked.

"Are you going to pull it out of my ear?" Sweetie Belle guessed. Eclipse laughed as he shook his head.

"No, I want to make you a bet. You can have it, all you have to do is pick it up off the ground," the pyrokinetic unicorn dropped the bit onto the floor.

"Really? That's it? Easy!" Sweetie Belle said as she picked up the bit in her mouth confidently, then she proceeded to wince out of pain and drop it onto the floor, clutching her mouth. "Ow! Hot hot hot hot hot!" she exclaimed, then after a few more failed attempts, Sweetie Belle focused as a light yellow green aura flickered around her horn and the bit, which levitated up in the air slowly as Eclipse smiled.

"Good job," he said as he touched the bit with his horn. "You can touch it now, it's cool."

Sweetie Belle smiled and grabbed the bit. "Thank you, Eclipse!" she said as she trotted to her room and Rarity came in with a large saddlebag that had an odd luster and his eclipsed sun cutie mark stitched on it.

"Sorry it took so long, you know how hard it is to find fireproof leather," she said.

"Right," Eclipse replied as he took his new saddlebag and payed the price for it. "Oh, and don't be so worried, if I wanted to burn your boutique, you would have smelled smoke ages ago."

Rarity sighed. "I'm sorry, Eclipse, I'm just a little anxious that's all. Cyber warned me about you, so I'm just being a little careful, I have a big project I'm working on at the moment and you smell like a campfire for goodness sake!"

Eclipse shrugged. "As long as you don't make me angry, you're safe."

"I understand. So, I hear that you're going to be leaving tomorrow."

"That's what Cyber says, personally I'm looking forward to seeing Equestria."

"Well, I'm going to miss Dusty and Fang's help, I've never found as much gems as I did before you misfits arrived, at least I still have Spike to help."

"Sure, well thanks for the saddlebag," Eclipse waved as he left.


Meanwhile over at Golden Oaks Library, Twilight enjoyed some time with Mixy, Marine, Moonlight, Cyber, and Clockwork.

"Are you really leaving tomorrow?" asked Twilight.

Cyber nodded. "That's the plan, sorry we couldn't stay longer, we would if we could but there are other ponies out there who need our help in Equestria, and we can't help them out by just staying in Ponyville."

Twilight nodded. "I understand. Though I wish that we could keep in touch even when you're gone, you've always been a big scientific help. Maybe we could use the communicator that you used to talk with Clockwork back at Predator Island."

"Or something better," Cyber suggested as Clockwork pulled out a small device about the size of a hoof with a large screen and a few buttons on the side.

"This is my visual communicator. Just turn it on and if we're available, we'll answer and solve any problem you need, but only if it's a needed situation, I don't want to be contacted in the middle of our job just to chat."

Twilight nodded. "Got it," she replied. "Thanks."

"It's the least we could do for our friends, I already gave one to Lyra."

Moonlight finally spoke up. "Speaking of her, did you already talk to her about our departure?"

"Yeah, she's going to miss us. Although personally, I'm going to miss her too."

"I'm sure we all will, after all technically she's my mother," Clockwork said.

"I helped make you too," Twilight added.

"So, who would Clockwork's parents be?" Spike asked, confused.

"I have no idea," Marine said.

"I think it would be best if we just left that spot on the family tree blank," Mixy said.


At the Misfit home, Fang, Laa-Mohr, and Pixel sat around the house, each doing their own individual activities. Fang was sleeping, Pixel was listening to her music and Laa-Mohr was reading the newspaper.

Shortly the silence was broken by the doorbell.

"I got it," Laa-Mohr announced as he trotted to the door. Opening it he came face to face with Rarity.

"Oh, hello, who are you?" Rarity asked.

"I am Laa-Mohr, I am nopony in this world."

"Oh, yes! I remember you now. My sister Sweetie Belle wouldn't stop talking about how you 'cursed' one of her classmates, isn't that absurd?"

"Actually, I did do that."

Rarity stammered. "You did what? Why in Equestria would you do such a horrible thing like that?"

"Hey, I have no control over my curse. Besides, it only made her mute for a day or so, it won't be forever. Though if you ask me she deserved it."

"Right, so I came for Pixel, is she here?"

Laa-Mohr nodded and pointed to Pixel Berry as she listened to her music.

"Come on in, I'll get Pixel's attention," Rarity nodded and stepped inside as Laa-Mohr stood next to Pixel, shortly Pixel's headphones started to crackle and emit feedback, causing her to take them off and look at Laa-Mohr angrily.

"Darn it, Laa-Mohr! You know I hate it when you do that!"

"We have a guest," Laa-Mohr pointed to Rarity as Pixel corrected herself.

"Oh, sorry, sometimes I just like to listen to music while I got nothing else to do," Pixel put down her IPod and let its new auto-repair system take effect.

"Huh?... whozat?... whadadoo?" Fang muttered in his sleep.

"I thought you had no control over your curse," Rarity said.

"I said it was uncontrollable, not unpredictable." Laa-Mohr said.

"I see. Anyway, Laa-Mohr, if you would be so kind and step a reasonable distance to keep this from ending in catastrophe, would you?" Rarity asked. Laa-Mohr rolled his eyes but did so and trotted next to Fang.

"Now, Pixel, I understand that you have certain 'features' being a satyr," Rarity began and already Pixel was blushing. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll just skip to the point, are those leaves getting a little tiresome to wear all the time?"

"Kinda... yeah," Pixel said.

"Well then, since you are leaving tomorrow, I was wondering if you would like-"

"AAAURGH! AACHOO!" Fang exclaimed as he darted awake and interrupted Rarity.

"Fang, are you alright?" asked Pixel.

"Yeah, that was my fault," Laa-Mohr admitted. "My curse made a fly crawl into Fang's nose."

"It's still in there!" Fang shouted as he continuously blew his nose to get the insect out.

"Er... right," Rarity said, holding back a grimace as she saw the bug fly out of the predator's nose. "Anyway, being your friend, I took the liberty of designing you some more comfortable clothing than those leaves a you're wearing."

"What do you mean?" Pixel asked as Rarity pulled out a box from her saddle bag with her magic.

"Ta-da!" she announced.

"Ta-da?" Fang asked, scratching his head in confusion, making Laa-Mohr roll his eyes.

Pixel took the box and opened it, inside was a pair of dark blue denim pants, white shirt, and strawberry pink hoodie that had a picture of a strawberry dissolving into pixels on the upper left. "Rarity... this is wonderful, how did you get the design?"

"Well, I had a little help from Lyra," replied Rarity as Pixel hugged her.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Pixel exclaimed.

"You're very welcome," Rarity replied. "Now don't just stand there, darling, try them on!" Pixel smiled and nodded before dashing into the bathroom.

"I will never understand mares and their clothing," Fang said.

"Neither will I, Fang," Laa-Mohr agreed.

"But I thought you were royalty."

"I was, but I just never had an interest in clothing."

"Why? Did they all catch on fire or become infested or something?" Fang guessed.

"Very funny," Laa-Mohr replied before Pixel emerged from the bathroom with her new clothing.

"So, how do I look?" asked Pixel, putting her hands in her pockets.

"You look... wow," answered Laa-Mohr.

"Don't ask me about fashion, I never have the answer," said Fang.

"You look lovely, darling," Rarity said.

"Thanks," Pixel said, smiling.

"Now, if you two would like, I could make some for you too," Rarity looked at Laa-Mohr and Fang.

"No thank you, I'm fine," Laa-Mohr said.

"I don't want anything messing with my camouflage," Fang added. "Also fabric is very itchy to me."

"If you say so, now, how about we show everypony else your new look?"

Pixel shook her head. "No thanks, I think I'll just show the other misfits when they get here, do I need to pay for this?"

"Oh, it's already paid for, enjoy!" Rarity waved as she left.


Dusty, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack just completed another race with Pinkie Pie at the end. Each one of the racers panting and looked like they were about to pass out.

"So... Pinkie... who... who won?" Applejack wheezed.

"Another tie!" Pinkie answered.

"What? How could that be possible?" Rainbow said. "I beat both of them by a long shot!"

"Hm? Oh, did the race start? I was talking to Gummy, he keeps bringing me ties," Pinkie stepped aside to show a large pile of neckties, with Gummy on top.

"What? Why was Gummy even bringing you ties anyway?" Applejack asked.

"I told him to get my stopwatch but he must have misheard me."

"So you're saying that every time you said it was a tie, Gummy was just bringing you a necktie?" Dusty said.

"Umm..." Pinkie looked at the large pile as if counting. "How many times did you race?"

The three racers only groaned and collapsed.

"I don't think that's a number," Pinkie said.

"Why do you have so much neckties, anyway?" Dusty groaned. "Ah, it doesn't matter, I'm too tired to to think about logic, that's Cyber's job."

"Plus it's gettin' late, I think we should all head home, we got ourselves a big day tomorrow." Applejack added.

Dusty nodded. "Yeah, I gotta leave Ponyville tomorrow morning."

"Well, it was nice while you were here," Rainbow said.

"Aw, and I was having so much fun with all of you here!" Pinkie complained.

"You know they're not gonna be gone forever, Pinkie, right?" Applejack informed.

"I know that, and there's going to be a big 'welcome back to Ponyville' party when you do," Pinkie said with a smile as the group separated to head home.

Dusty got home to see a small celebration put up already, with all of The Misfits there, though being exhausted, Dusty didn't do much but sat around and chatted with Fang.

After some time, Cyber banged on his glass to get everypony's attention.

"Misfits," Cyber began. "Tomorrow is a big day where we leave Ponyville to continue our quest, we have come a long way since our first arrival and as such I'd like to propose a toast to new beginnings, new friends, and to misfits everywhere!"

"To misfits!" everypony echoed raising their glass or hoof.

As the night went on, all that could be thought about was what to do after leaving as The Misfits' final day in Ponyville came to an end.


Today was the big day, it was The Misfits' final day in Ponyville, so they each spent the last of their Ponyville hours with their friends as they prepared to leave that morning. The misfit home was already in its cart form and ready to leave Ponyville at the edge of town and the elements of harmony and Lyra were saying their goodbyes.

"So which parts of Equestria have you not visited yet?" asked Twilight.

"Not sure, there's all sorts of places that we haven't been to, and ponies in need of our help," Cyber answered.

"I almost wish I could go with you," Lyra added.

"Don't worry, we'll be back someday," Dusty said.

"And I'll be ready to beat you when you do," Rainbow replied.

"Did you forget anything before you go?" asked Fluttershy.

"I already checked," Clockwork answered. "We aren't missing anything."

A gentle voice emerged not to far away. "Actually, there is something we need to give you before you depart."

The Misfits, elements of harmony, and Lyra turned to see Princess Celestia and Luna standing nearby.

"Princess, what are you doing here?" Twilight said at the sight of the sun and moon princesses.

"We heard of your doings, and it seems that it has reached to other regions of Equestria," Celestia answered. "Particularly Laa-Mohr."

Laa-Mohr looked at Celestia in notice. "How did you know?"

"It's quite easy when calamities in Canterlot have stopped so suddenly," she said.

"And I see you have added a few new recruits to your team," Luna said. "Tell me, what are your names?"

Clockwork stepped up. "My name is Clockwork, I was built by Cyber."

Pixel did not move but answered. "M-m-m-my name's P-Pixel B-B-Berry... Princess."

"And what are you?"

"I'm a... satyr."

"It's been quite a while since we last saw a satyr before," Luna said as Pixel moved back a little, almost running into Pinkie.

"And I trust that these three ponies have had a fine time adjusting to their new life," Celestia said, looking at Solar Eclipse, Moonlight Shadow, and Marine.

"I can't say I've ever been happier," Eclipse said, smiling.

"I never thought I would say this, but it beats being alone," Moonlight said.

"I'm walking on land! I wish my dad could see me now," Marine added.

Celestia and Luna smiled. "You have come a long way, and each of you have potential within you that you have each demonstrated," Celestia said, earning confusion.

"I don't think we understand," Mixy said.

"There is a reason why you were destined to be together,"

"Are you saying they are elements of harmony in a way?" asked Twilight.

Celestia chuckled. "No, Twilight, but yet at the same time you are right."

"Now I'm confused," Rarity said.

"Think of it this way: Cyber is able to see kindess within other ponies, Mixy can feel sympathy for ponies who are troubled, Dusty knows who to forgive and who to view as an enemy if given enough information, and Fang gives kindness that is only outmatched by Fluttershy, even though his figure shows the most ferocious sights."

"Wow, I guess we're doing much more than helping ponies in need," Fang said.

"Quite right, and we think that you deserve a reward," Luna added.

"Oh, well thank you, Princess, but we don't need any rewards," said Cyber.

"Actually, you will want this one," Celestia and Luna's horn started to glow before they blasted a beam at The Misfits' cart entrance, which emitted a bright light.

Once the light subsided, the cart's entrance had a sun engraved on one side, and a moon on the other. Everypony stared at it in awe.

"When ponies see them, they will know that you are accepted by us," Luna said. "Then maybe they will be able to at least listen to what you have to say."

"Princess, I don't know what to say," Cyber said.

"Don't say anything!" Pinkie exclaimed. "There are ponies out there that need a misfit party and you're not there!"

"It's best if you keep doing what's right for Equestria," added Twilight.

"I'm gonna miss you guys, maybe not Dusty," Rainbow said.

"Likewise," Dusty replied with a smile.

Rarity trotted up to Laa-Mohr. "Laa-Mohr, if you're ever in Saddle Arabia, could you pick up some of your royal attire for me?"

"Uh, sure, Rarity," Laa-Mohr replied.

"You're a really nice stallion, Fang," said Fluttershy. "Even if you are scary." Fang smiled.

"Y'all visit again sometime, ya hear?" Applejack said.

Cyber nodded. "We'll visit when we get the chance."

"And Cyber?" Lyra asked.

"Yeah?"

Lyra smiled at him. "Good luck, I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," Cyber said as the two unicorns hugged out of friendship.

Then with a couple final nods, waves, and some more goodbyes later, The Misfits left Ponyville to continue their journey across Equestria to help ponies in need. Only now with new members, friends, and experiences, The Misfits have only started a new beginning together.

Author's Note:

I really hoped you enjoyed the story. For those that have this, as unfortunate as it is, is the final chapter.

Of this story at least.

I really wish I could have continued this story, but I was running out of content and excuses.

However, this is not the end of The Misfits, more likely it is the beginning, I have big plans, just wait.

Pixel Berry is property of Pixel Berry

Laa-Mohr is property of LE_MALEM

Comments ( 24 )

Big plans indeed!
Well time to uphold my part of the bargain!

EDIT: Can you please be my proofreader?!

5097320 er... I dunno, I'll try, but don't be surprised if I miss a run-on sentance.:twilightblush:

5097391 You'll be fine I promise! I'll start it tomorrow and I'm a very busy man so don't expect a machine gun of chapters!

5097402 alright.

By the way, there will be a collection of side stories coming soon, so once I edit the chapters, do you want me to post it in the side stories (giving credit of course) or no? :applejackunsure:

5097419 Nah, leave my OC's side story to me because it's gonna be a teeny bit longer than 3K words!

I wonder, if this story ever ends, it would be nice to have a short sequel about how The Misfits became a worldwide non-profit organization.:pinkiehappy:

Either that, or work towards it without even ending this story. That would be even better!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

5098035 I'll try to say as much as I can without spoiling anything.

I do plan on adding more to this continuity, and the only reason this story is ending is because I ran out of excuses to keep The Misfits in Ponyville and because what I have I mind won't exactly fit in the 'slice of life' category if you now what I mean.

But first I have some side stories planned that not only explain each misfits back story in greater detail than what was explained here, but also contained content I really wanted to add into the misfits storyline but won't fit into this story or its sequal. As already explained, big plans, just wait. :moustache:

A good story in my opinion! In fact, I love it! :rainbowkiss:

5124262 thanks! :pinkiehappy: be sure to check out the sequal too!

5826005 You sir, have improved my self-esteem :pinkiehappy:

I appreciate the comments, I hope you enjoy the rest of it and be sure to check out the sequel too!:raritywink:

5876775 all right, I'll fix that.

Thanks for that favorite, too.

5876906 I'll be completely honest with you...

I have no idea what you were saying about half the time in your comments, I see that there are some things I need to work on but then again I am a new writer.

Basically all I care about is that you enjoyed it and that I don't look like an illiterate idiot.

5879457 alright then, I wasn't paying that much attention during that part. Or maybe I just forgot. Anyway, I can fix this.

I was mainly focusing on how Fluttershy went to Cloudsdale without much problem in the episode "Sonic Rainboom". But then again, Spike straight out says that Fluttershy is scared of heights in "Party of One" so I guess this just leaves Fluttershy as "scared, but not as scared as Dusty"

You know that moment of pure joy when you remember a story, go hunting for it for hours, and find it? I just had it.
33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvosvsZG91qii6tmo1_400.gif

6476743 it's difficult to pinpoint what exactly made it awkward, but if I had to take a stab at it I'd say there's too much information in the dialogue. They seem to ask things about each other that they should know if they had been traveling together. And they seem too say much more than they naturally would say to provide the reader with more information, which in itself isn't bad, but it's very distracting when overdone.

6884742

Even though this has a pegasus who can do it. It's not really supposed to be impressive, it's supposed to give him a reason to be outcasted because he does not meet the social norms of his hometown.

It's like when everyone thinks other people are weird or inhuman just because they don't act or talk the same way the same way as everyone else in a civilization.

8699223
He comes from an alternate timeline where around the events of Nightmare Moon, technology far surpassed magic. Magic was seen as a convenience, and tech as a way of life, rather than the other way around. To cut things short, Windy, being Royal Scientist, overused his position and messed with time a tad too much. The universe decided to make him immortal as payback. (Still working on that bit) Basically, 300 years after NMM and 100 after Windy was born, there was a massive riot. Scared magic users came up and overthrew technology. They destroyed almost all records, magic spells, the like. Now, bar Celestia and Luna, Windy is the only being alive(? He's kind of a skeleton now) who still remembers Equestria's days of science.

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

9590271
That's actually a good question that I've been wondering myself

I know for sure that Fang would have a gruff voice with maybe an accent.
The rest I'm not sure, I mostly just defaulted to a single male/female voice with needed changes like Moonlight's monotone or Clockwork's synthesized voice. I haven't put much thought into exactly how they would sound.
Or at least these recent years I haven't.

Login or register to comment