• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 517 Views, 42 Comments

StarChaser - StarChaser01



They say that history is written by the winners. But what if an event so terrible happened that there was no winners to write about it?

  • ...
12
 42
 517

Chapter 1: As One Life Ends...

Today was just not StarChaser’s day.

Just when the Resistance had finally thought that it would be left alone the Unicorn tribe had decided to go and ruin everything again.

That’s not saying that all Unicorns were bad, the Resistance had a good number of Unicorns in its ranks, and his best and only true friend was a Unicorn named StarLight.

But all that didn’t change the fact that they were under attack by one of the more powerful armies that the Unicorn tribe had at its disposal.

StarChaser sighed, ‘When will this end?’ He thought to himself as he put on his Magitech armor, ‘When will they just leave us alone to live in peace? That’s all we want, peace…’

He was the last wearer of the Magitech armor series, mostly because all the other pilots were killed in the “Incident” that sparked off this whole conflict between tribes.

Once he put on his helmet he activated its onboard AI system, who at times he felt the strange need to call “Navi” for some reason…

“Magitech armor mark V activating,” the AI stated, “Welcome back StarChaser. Energy core at 75% charge, shielding online, thaumic boosters online, Warning! Physical protection compromised, please refrain from prolonged combat to prevent shielding failure, as this platform will be unable to protect you if shielding is compromised. Warning! Empty/damaged component slots detected, platform will not run at maximum capacity.”

StarChaser just ignored the warnings, he had heard them enough times already, as they had started coming up shortly after the incident and they were the same every, single, time. Ever since his suit got damaged in the explosion that killed so many other pilots it’s been freaking out at him.

Looking into the mirror, he saw an all black Pegasus, who's mark was a field of stars, wearing armor that appeared to be all but useless, but he knew that looks could be deceiving, especially when said armor projected an energy field that protected against virtually everything. The helmet, when inactive, was little more than a frame surrounding his head, but when it was active it projected a visor that covered the upper half of his face. The main body section was similar to plate body armor favored by his Earth brethren, but with smaller plates and larger gaps between them. The wing section was little more than three "nodes" on each wing, one at the base of the wing, one half way down it, and one at the tip.

It was at this point that StarLight walked into his room in full combat gear.

“You should stay back, I don’t want you to get hurt,” StarChaser said.

“And I’ve told you how many times now? ‘I can hold my own against my foolish cousins,’” was her reply.

“I know, but I still worry that something bad might happen to you…”

“And you worry too much! Anyway, we have to help defend again.”

“Right, let’s go.”

They exited the room together and jogged down the hall to the nearest balcony.

“I’ll fly out and help the other Pegasus troops whi-,”

“I know, ‘while I go and help out the Unicorn troops’. Let’s just get this over with!”

After that the battle was mostly a blur, with StarChaser helping the other Pegasus troops fend off the attackers mostly with lightning clouds and arrows and StarLight helping out the other Unicorn troops by flinging all kinds of offensive spells and healing wounded allies.

Suddenly the attacking Purists made a surprise suicide charge for the gate and even more surprisingly got to it. The order was given to fall back to the fortress when suddenly the Purists broke through the gate!

‘But that thing has all KINDS of enchantments on it! How did they break through so quickly!?!’ StarChaser thought, but his next one made his blood run cold. ‘Starlight’s in there…’

Flying as fast as he could towards the Fortress, he saw that StarLight was cornered by the Purists.

“ACTIVATE THAUMIC BOOSTERS!!!” He shouted.

“Thaumic boosters online,” came the response and his speed tripled as he dive bombed StarLight’s attackers.

Just before he hit, a Purist commander turned to him and, with the world appearing in slow motion, blasted him with a spell.

He felt excruciating pain before everything went dark.

Author's Note:

This chapter has been modified to include StarChaser's appearance