• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 10,752 Views, 886 Comments

How He Truly Feels - N7_Spartan117



Discord takes Rarity on a trip through time to show her how Spike truly feels about her.

  • ...
61
 886
 10,752

A Canterlot Wedding

“Am I in love with Spike?” asked Rarity as she tried to comprehend what she had said. “I mean, he is certainly very sweet, kind, hardworking, generous, and adorable…..Why am I saying these things?!” Rarity was very distraught over the situation. It seemed the pain in her heart finally made sense to her; she was indeed jealous of Applejack, Moondancer, Scootaloo and anypony else that she thought was in love with Spike. “But even if I am, how come I'd never noticed it?”

Rarity started to think back to all the time she had spent with Spike, and as she did she thought of all the times she had used or abused him, like using him as a pincushion, making him carry her stuff, giving her the Fire Ruby, and even when he almost drowned during Winter Wrap Up because of her and her friends. But despite everything, he still stood by her side. “Spikey, why do you still like me, after everything I have done to you. You still like me?” As she tried to find an answer, a terrible thought crept into her mind.

“What if he doesn't like me anymore?” asked Rarity, the thought started to cause Rarity to fall back into depression. What if he had stopped loving her a long time ago, but still helped her so she would not suspect something was wrong? As a tear started to roll down her cheek, the scroll that held the list of places to go unraveled in her hooves, showing the next place to go: Shining Armor and Cadance’s wedding. “The wedding? Why there?” asked Rarity as she wiped the tears from her eyes.


As Rarity cast the time spell, Discord stood aghast at Rarity’s half-realization. “I…I don’t believe it. She said she loved him, without my help?”

As he stood in shock, a small tear opened, and a pink hoof appeared, belonging to the Princess of Love. Cadance appeared out of the tear, shaking and expecting to be handed something. Discord conjured twenty bits and placed it in her extended hoof.

“Thank you,” said Cadance as she closed the tear. Discord quickly turned his attention back to Rarity, who had just arrived in the royal gardens in Canterlot during Shining Armor and Cadence’s reception.


Rarity frantically searched for Spike, and as she did, she spotted her past self talking to Fancy Pants near one of the entrances to the garden. She then saw Spike walking over to her past self, seeming nervous over something. Rarity quickly cast the mind reading spell on Spike.

“Ok, Spike, here’s your chance to ask Rarity for a dance,” thought Spike, as if he were trying to prepare himself for the most important thing is his life. “Come on, just a few more feet, and …… Wait who is that?” asked Spike as he spotted Fancy Pants. Spike was quickly able to recognize who the stallion was from all the Canterlot magazines in Rarity’s shop. As Spike moved in closer to the two, he able to hear the conversation they were having.

“Oh Fancy, that sounds delightful! I would love to have dinner with you,” said past Rarity as she tried to hold in her excitement. Hearing this seemed to caused Spike’s heart to shatter into a million pieces, and Rarity quickly started to feel the pain return in her heart as she watched Spike run out of the garden in tears. He didn't catch the other half of past Rarity’s conversation.

“Yes, but I do need to mention that my fiancée, Fleur de Lis, will be joining us,” said Fancy as he pointed to Fleur, who was just walking in, past Spike.

“Why yes….Of course your….. fiancée,” said past Rarity in a depressing tone. Rarity felt a bit embarrassed of her past self for trying to date Fancy Pants, but was quickly pulled back into reality after hearing her little sister’s voice.

“Spike, where are you going?!” yelled Sweetie Belle as she chased after him. Rarity started to follow Sweetie as she chased Spike back to the garden where he spent most of the Grand Galloping Gala.

“I'm through! It’s over! I've lost her forever!” yelled Spike, thinking no one could hear him, “Game over man, game over! I can’t compete with him!” Spike’s eyes began to water and tears started to roll down his face.

“Spike, are you okay?” asked Sweetie Belle in a concerned voice.

Spike quickly turned to see who it was and wiped his tears the best he could, “Sweetie….what…..what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be with the others?”

“I saw you run out of the party and wanted to check on you,” answered Sweetie Belle.

“Well, I'm fine! You can head back now,” said Spike in a hateful tone. He did not mean to sound cruel; he just wanted to be left alone.

“Spike, something is obviously wrong. Come on, you can talk to me,” said Sweetie Belle as she sat down on the fountain's side.

“Pinkie Promise you won't tell anyone?” asked Spike, and Sweetie nodded her head and did the motions.

Out of the blue, there was a loud BANG, and Pinkie Pie shot out of the castle from her party cannon. “FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEEERR!!” she yelled as she flew past.

“Okay…Rarity just got asked out by some stallion named Fancy Pants.”

“Oh Spike, I'm sorry to hear that. I know you had a crush on Rarity,” said Sweetie trying to console the drake.

“You were right Sweetie, I did have a crush on her. But not anymore,” said Spike, shocking both Sweetie and Rarity, and causing Rarity’s heart to sink again.

“He…he doesn’t like me?” whispered Rarity as she started to cry.

“What?! Since when did you stop having a crush on Rarity?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Since I found out that I was truly in love with her,” answered Spike as his tears returned, but as his returned, Rarity’s stopped at Spike’s sudden declaration. “But I'm too late now.”

“How did you find out you were in love her?”

“I asked Cadance and Shining Armor how to know when you are in love,” explained Spike, “They told me that it's when you're willing to do anything for them, when you're willing to suffer any hardship for them, when you're willing to do anything to make them happy, and no matter what, you will always love them, in spite of their flaws. I love Rarity, Sweetie. I am willing to anything for her. I would go to the moon for her if I had to, but it doesn't matter anymore. I lost. She found somepony else to make her happy, but….” Spike was no longer able to finish his sentence.

Sweetie Belle and Rarity were taken aback by his declaration. Rarity was shocked by what she had heard. She had never heard anypony say anything like that about her. “Oh Spikey,” whispered Rarity as her eyes began to water.

“But, what?” asked Sweetie Belle cautiously.

Spike just looked at the ground in sadness. “But…I want her to be happy, but what about me? I know it sounds selfish, but I want her to be happy with me,” he said as his tears hit the ground, “I do everything she asks, and it's like she doesn’t even notice! I want to be happy, but…but...”

“I understand, Spike,” interrupted Sweetie Belle as she put her hoof around Spike to hug him. Rarity, with tears in her eyes, tried to reach out to Spike to comfort him, but her hoof just passed through him. “It's not selfish, Spike. You’re a great dragon, and anypony would be lucky to be with you. Rarity…Rarity can be a bit dense sometimes, but trust me, she appreciates everything you do for her. Maybe it’s not too late. You could still win her heart.”

“I don’t think so, Sweetie Belle,” said Spike as he wiped his tears, “I think she found someone that can make her happier than I could.”

“You want to bet?” asked Sweetie Belle sarcastically.

“Sure,” Spike retorted without flinching.

Sweetie Belle then pulled him back into the party. “Look over there.” Sweetie pointed to past Rarity crying her heart out to Applejack, who was trying to find a way out of the situation.

“And….and then he told me he had a fiancée!!!!” cried Rarity through her tears.

“Yeah, that’s…. mighty terrible,” said Applejack as she tried to walk away.

“I…I still have a chance?” asked Spike in disbelief. Sweetie Belle nodded her head in response. “YES!!!” Spike pumped a fist in celebration; his hope was restored and he was now more determined than ever to win Rarity’s heart.

“I think I won the bet,” said Sweetie with a grin on her face.

“Okay, what do you want?” asked Spike, too happy to care what it was that she wanted.

Just then, the next song started to play, giving Sweetie Belle an idea, “How about a dance? I know I am not Rarity but….” Sweetie Belle was unable to finish her sentence before Spike pulled her to the dance floor. Rarity started to smile, seeing how happy Spike was in having his hopes restored. She started to cast the mind spell on Sweetie Belle, who was giving a stern look to past Rarity, “You have no idea what you have, Rarity. Please don’t ruin this.”

Rarity’s smile quickly faded after hearing this, and was replaced with a sad expression. Suddenly, the last words Spike had said to her before leaving entered back into her mind.

“You never noticed my feelings before!”

“Spikey, I am so sorry,” said Rarity as her tears returned. Rarity started to think about what Spike had told Sweetie Belle about how he knew he was in love with her, causing her to remember everything he had done for her. He gave her his Fire Ruby, did everything she asked, comforted her when she came back from a bad date, and even risked his life to save hers. Rarity had never had a stallion as loyal as Spike; he was everything she had hoped for in a prince, but she was too blind to see it.

“I am sorry….”

She started to unravel the scroll to see where to go next, but as she did, she caught glimpses of what appeared to be a transparent Luna standing next to a large transparent dragon with purple-scales and green-spines and wings wearing a tux, standing a foot taller than Luna.

“Princess Luna?” asked Rarity as she tried to look closer at the two, but they quickly disappeared into thin air. “Was that Spikey with Luna?” Rarity turned her attention back to the list and found the next place she was to go. “The moon?!”

Author's Note:

I would like to thank both DARKPHANTOM13 and The Dragon Warlock for help with the plot for this chapter and LightningSword for editing/proofreading. As you can see Spike's chapter now has a title, so yeah there is that.

Friendship is Magic
A Dog and Pony Show
Green isn't your color
Best night ever
Secret of my excess
Hearts and Hooves Day{Idea given by Ugly-Duckling123}
Dragons Quest
A Canterlot Wedding{idea given by DarkPhantom13}.
IDW comic Nightmare Rarity
What Have I Done{Spike's Chapter}.
The Crystal Empire
Equestria Girls/Rainbow Rocks{maybe}
Rarity Takes Manehattan
Inspiration Manifestation
Queen Rarity
?
End
Epilogue