• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 10,711 Views, 886 Comments

How He Truly Feels - N7_Spartan117



Discord takes Rarity on a trip through time to show her how Spike truly feels about her.

  • ...
61
 886
 10,711

Friendship is Magic

The light from Discord's magic was blinding to Rarity, she had to cover her eyes just to keep the light from blinding her. She could feel the whole area around them spinning faster and faster, as they traveled through time. They eventually stopped spinning and found themselves inside of city hall, which was being decorated for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration.

"I remember this. This was the day I first met Spike and Twilight." said Rarity as she looked at the decorations. She then spotted her past self, standing on the stage going through different colors of ribbon. She then ducked underneath one of the tables, in fear of being seen.

"What are you doing?" asked Discord.

"What am I doing? What are you doing? Get down before I see you." whispered Rarity as she pulled him under the table.

"We don't need to hide Rarity. They can't see or hear us, watch." said Discord as he teleported in front of the past Rarity and changed into a futuristic black suit of armor. "No. I am your mother." said Discord in a deep raspy voice, but Rarity was unable to see or hear him. "See."

"Ok, if you say so." said Rarity cautiously, as she stepped out from underneath the table. "So why did you bring me here?"

"To show you how this all started. Speaking of which, it should be starting in three, two, one." counted Discord, as he did Spike and Twilight enter into the main hall.


"Decorations. Beautiful......" said Spike dreamily.

"Yes, the decor is coming along nicely. This should be quick. I'll be at the library in no time. Beautiful indeed." said Twilight.

"Not the decorations, her!” exclaimed Spike as he pointed to Rarity. "How are my spines? Are they straight?"


"Ooooooh he was so cute back then." said Rarity.

" Is she really this oblivious?" thought Discord as he face palmed himself.


"Good afternoon..." said Twilight.

"Just a moment, 'I am in the zone', as it were. Oh yes, sparkles always does the trick." said past Rarity as she tied a ribbon to a column.


"Sparkles? Please, everypony knows that sequins are the new thing." said Rarity, appalled that her past self would use something three seasons old.

"Focus Rarity, remember why we are here." said Discord trying to get her back on track.


"Oh my, darling! What ever happened to your coiffure?" asked past Rarity, surprised by Twilight's messy mane.

"Oh, my mane? It a long story. I am just here to check on the decorations, which look...."

"Beautiful." said Spike looking at Rarity with hearts in his eyes.

"Yes, what he said. So we will be going now, so we can get out of your hair." said Twilight.

"Out of my hair? What about yours? Come with me, I will have you looking gorgeous in no time." said past Rarity as she pushed Twilight out of city hall.

"Spike, help Me." begged Twilight, but Spike could not hear her. He was too focused on Rarity to notice anything else.


"Awww look how cute he was when he first met you. So smitten by you that he levitated off the ground." said Discord mocking Spike.

"Oh hush now. I think it's quite adorable that he thought I was beautiful." defended Rarity.

"Thought you were beautiful? Oh my dear Rarity, you have much to learn." said Discord. He then teleported them into Rarity's boutique, and watched as past Rarity made Twilight try on different dresses, while Spike held the discarded dresses in one claw and grabbed the dresses Rarity would ask him to get with the other.


"Oh, Spike was it? Will you please hand me that yellow dress?"

"Yes most beautiful one." said Spike as he handed the new dress to Rarity.

"Thank you. Oooh aren't you just the cutest little thing I have ever seen." complimented past Rarity, as she patted Spike's head. "Oh good heavens no, that is way too much yellow." She then proceeded to pass Twilight another dress to try on.


"And so began the four long years of you using him as your own personal servant." said Discord as he made a small butler's outfit appeared on Spike.

"I do not use him as a servant. He always volunteers to assist me." protested Rarity.

"Sure, you keep telling yourself that. You'll see how much pain you cause him."

"Whatever do you mean? I have never have harmed him." protested Rarity.

"You'll see what I mean soon enough." said Discord, sinisterly. They then turned their attention back to Spike, who was still in a love sick trance.


"Emeralds?! Whatever was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies!" said past Rarity as she walked over to her jewel chest.

"Quick! Before she tries to dye my coat a different color!" said Twilight as she galloped towards the exit, but Spike just stood there and sighed as he watched Rarity search for some rubies. "Spike. Spike!" yelled Twilight trying to pull him out of his trance, but he did not respond. She then levitated him with her magic, and placed him on her back and galloped out of the shop. Discord then teleported himself and Rarity to the Golden Oak Library, during Twilight and Spike's welcome to Ponyville party. Twilight had already retreated to her and Spike's room, to avoid socializing with the other ponies, but Spike stayed and tried to talk with Rarity. Sadly she was too oblivious to notice him, unlike Fluttershy who wanted to know more about the dragon.


"It's kind of sad, the one pony he really wanted to talk too wouldn't even acknowledge him." said Discord, a bit sympathetic towards Spike.

"I was distracted with everything going on. I didn't mean to ignore him." said Rarity, trying to justify her actions.

"Right, whatever helps you sleep better at night, speaking of sleep." Discord then teleported both of them into a large library.

"Discord, where are we?" asked Rarity.

"We are in Spike's brain, the Hippocampus to be precise. This is where all his memories are stored, he must have organized all of them so it would look like a library." said Discord as he looked around the 'library'.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"To show you something, follow me." Discord then lead Rarity down a long aisle of filing cabinets, until they reached a large cabinet marked Rarity. He then teleported on top of it and began to search through the papers inside. Discord eventually found what he was looking for and jumped down to show Rarity what he was searching for. "This is his first dream he had ever had in Ponyville. This was what he dreamed about while you and your friends where off trying to find the Elements of Harmony." said Discord as he showed Rarity the image on the paper.

"It was about me. But who are they?" asked Rarity as she pointed to the image of a large purple dragon who had his tail wrapped around her, while fighting a tall black alicorn mare.

"That is Spike. He was dreaming of protecting you from Nightmare Moon." answered Discord.

"Awww that so sweet." said Rarity, oblivious to the true meaning of the dream. This caused Discord to facepalm himself again.

"You still don't get it, do you?" asked Discord, he then sighed and started to cast the spell, to take them to their next destination. "This going to be a very long day."

Author's Note:

I would first like to apologize if this chapter did not live up to your expectations. I am still kinda of new to the whole writing fiction thing. As Alfred Hitchcock once said, "If you want you want your audience to know something is important. Show it three times." I did this with the prologue and I am going to do it again here, but this time it will be spread across two more chapters. It is the key to one of the mystery chapters I have planed. Now enough with trolling you guys here is the list of episode's we will be exploring. Parentheses mean I need help with an idea for the plot. So if you have idea for one please let me know.

Friendship is Magic
A Dog and Pony
Green isn't your color
Best night ever
Secret of my excess
Hearts and Hooves Day{changing it from Big Mac and Cheerilee being poisoned to Rarity and Spike. Idea given by Ugly-Duckling123}
Dragons Quest
A Canterlot Wedding{idea given by DarkPhantom13}.
IDW comic Nightmare Rarity
Spike after he storms out.
(The Crystal Empire)
Equestria Girls
(Power Ponies)
(Rarity Takes Manehattan)
Inspiration Manifestation
?
?
end.

If I missed one you think should be there or if you have a scenario that you wouldn't mind me using let me know so I can add it to the list. I am still looking for an editor so I apologize for the mistakes made in this chapter.