• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 10,751 Views, 886 Comments

How He Truly Feels - N7_Spartan117



Discord takes Rarity on a trip through time to show her how Spike truly feels about her.

  • ...
61
 886
 10,751

Queen Rarity

All of Ponyville was either decaying or piles of ash, except for a one hundred and two story solid gold pyramid with large gems embedded into each stone with a large, black-scaled, dark green-spined dragon sleeping at its base. At the top of said pyramid was Carousel Boutique, made out of pure diamond with a platinum throne on the roof and a tall, black-coated alicorn sitting on it, laughing like a madpony.

“Wh….what….what is this place?” asked Rarity in a trembling voice.

“This is Ponyville,” answered Discord as he pulled a pocketwatch out of his fur, “About a century from where we just left.”

“What happened to it?”

“You and Spike happened,” answered Discord in an emotionless tone, “This is a theoretical universe where you were never freed from the spell’s influence, and you became a deranged, power-mad tyrant that took over all of Equestria, piece by piece.”

“No….no, I would…...Spike would never let that happen!” protested Rarity in shock, “Spike would have stopped me.”

“As I said, this is a theoretical universe,” said Discord as he conjured up a screen showing Rarity what happened. The screen showed Spike and Rarity traveling from villages, towns, and cities, reshaping them in Rarity’s image. Sadly, the cities that did not turn out like she thought they would, were burned down by Spike.

“No….no….this wouldn’t happen,” said Rarity as she shook her head in frustration, “Spike would never do this.”

“Yes, he would,” argued Discord as the screen changed to show Spike as a full-grown dragon. The video quickly showed Spike facing off against entire legions of guards that were trying to apprehend Rarity, but the second they got close to her, Spike burned them alive.

“NO!” screamed Rarity in horror of the sight.

“It would not stop there,” commented Discord as he changed the screen to show Rarity something that scared her even more than the scene with the guards.

The screen showed Spike fighting against a full powered Tirek. Spike successfully killed the overpowered centaur by biting out his neck, after he tried to absorb Rarity’s magic.

“Spike….why?”

“He was defending you,” remarked Discord in a cold tone, “Celestia made a bargain with Tirek to end your reign of terror.”

“What? Why?”

“You had taken over half of Equestria, and nopony was able to stop you. Not even your friends.”

The screen quickly showed each of Rarity’s friends being systematically slaughtered by Spike, starting with Fluttershy. Though Fluttershy was one of the lucky ones; Spike only swallowed her whole, allowing her to live in one of the houses that he had eaten when erasing one of Rarity’s failed creations.

“He didn’t have the stomach to kill her,” said Discord in a sad tone, watching his first true friend being eaten. Normally, said master of chaos would of laughed at a pun like that but… well, you know the rest. Rarity did not respond, but stood there in silence as she now watched the rest of her friends’ deaths.

Applejack was next. She was mauled to death when she tried to confront Rarity. Rainbow Dash had her wings ripped off and was forced to bleed to death when she tried to fight Spike. Pinkie was stomped on when she was trying to have a welcome back party for Spike and Rarity.

“This...this….this,” Rarity was unable to finish her sentence before the last death began to play.


Twilight was standing on her castle balcony, looking back at the fully grown Spike. Twilight was the only one left that could possibly convince either Spike or Rarity to stop this mad quest for power.

“Spike, you know this is wrong! Please stop!” begged Twilight with tears in her eyes, “Please!”

Spike slowly lowered his head to look at his adoptive sister, “I...I’m sorry Twilight,” said the large dragon with the same voice he had when he was little, “But I have to keep Rarity safe.”

Spike turned to show Rarity fast asleep on his back with thousands of dresses surrounding her.

“No matter what.”

“Why?” asked Twilight as she tried to reach out to the dragon, “Why do this? Do you even know what Princess Celestia is planning if you and Rarity don’t stop?”

There was a long pause of silence as the two lifelong friends stared at each other. Neither wanted to do what they knew they should, but sadly they prepared for what happened next.

“I...I’m sorry Twilight,” apologized Spike as he lifted his head, “But I have a job to do.”

“I know,” said Twilight as she looked to the ground with tears rolling down her cheeks, “So do I!”

The lavender alicorn’s horn began to glow as Twilight raised her head and looked at a small mark on Spike’s underbelly; the mark was from a scale Spike had lost while defending Rarity when he was still in his younger form.

Before Spike could figure out where the alicorn was aiming, Twilight had already blasted Spike’s wound with a large burst of magic. The blast caused the dragon to stumble back and clench his wound in pain. Twilight continued to assault the dragon at his missing scale with tears in her eyes as he screamed in pain from a direct hit. Spike fell to the ground, but as he fell, he quickly grabbed Rarity from his back to protect her from the fall. The whole castle shook as the dragon fell, and as Twilight looked down to see if he was still okay, Spike’s large tail smashed against the balcony, causing Twilight to fall to the ground.

Rarity only stood in shock at the chaos she was watching. As the dust settled, Rarity could see an unconscious Spike opening his claw to release her alternate self.

“Spikey?!” asked both Rarities in fear. The alternate Rarity quickly galloped to Spike and inspected his missing scale to see the damage.

“Oh, Spikey, to think a little scratch would cause such discomfort,” commented the alternate Rarity as she cast a healing spell to stop the dragon’s pain.

“Y….you...did it,” said somepony, straining to speak. As the two mares turned to see the source of the voice, Discord’s entire body turned solid white, and he proceeded to faint on a duplicate of Rarity’s fainting couch. The source of the voice was Twilight; she’d been crushed by the crystal balcony. “It’s…...your….fault….”

“I will admit, I’m ashamed that he had to shield me from that dreaded arrow,” remarked the alternate Rarity.

Discord conjured a second screen to show a still young Spike standing between Rarity and several crossbow-wielding guards standing in the middle of Time Square. The screen quickly showed how Spike was defending his love from the guards, but was suddenly shot in his underbelly, right where the missing scale was on his full-grown self.


“You….turned….him….into...a….monster!” said Twilight as her lungs began to fill with blood.

“He has done nothing wrong,” protested the alternate Rarity as she looked down at her dying friend, “He has been my protector and the perfect gentledrake.”

“He’s….your...slave.”

“He’s the only friend I have left!”

“He….would….die for you,” said Twilight as the alternate Rarity’s horn began to glow its green aura.

“And kill for me!” said Rarity before blasting the pinned alicorn, effectively killing her.


Needless to say, Rarity was beyond horrified at the sight before her. The video began to play Spike and her alternate self killing this universe’s Discord, Chrysalis, Tirek, Luna (who had turned back into Nightmare Moon in hopes of stopping them) and eventually Celestia. The video then showed how Spike and Rarity used Tirek’s magic to absorb the Nightmare Moon spirit, turning Spike’s scales pitch-black and his spines dark green; it also showed that he was now able to change his size from a large ferocious dragon to his teenage size at will. Rarity was transformed back into her Nightmare form, complete with wings.

“NO!” yelled Rarity. “This cannot be! Spike wouldn’t….I wouldn’t do these things. I refuse to believe such a place could ever exist!”

“You know, when ponies say that they refuse to believe something, it’s just proving that they do believe it,” commented Discord in a sarcastic tone, “Believe it or not, it happened here. You and your dragon took over, killed all the most powerful creatures, and seized control over all of Equestria.”

“No, it wasn’t me!” protested Rarity as she turned to face the solid gold pyramid, “The spell! I was under its control! I couldn’t possibly commit such monstrous acts!”

“Wrong!” yelled Discord as he made a loud buzzing sound.

“Whatever do you mean? It’s quite obvious that this version of me is still under the spell’s control, and--”

“He freed you before your transformation,” interrupted Discord in a cold tone as he made the screen appear to show Spike confessing to Rarity.


“I’m so sorry Rarity,” said Spike as he and the alternate Rarity sat around a campfire somewhere near the now destroyed Crystal Empire.

“For what my ‘little’ Spikey-wikey?” asked Rarity, making fun of the fact that Spike was no longer in his baby dragon form, but was now fully grown thanks to the inspiration spell accelerating his ageing. Spike just laid there, staring into the eyes of the love of his life, not sure how to tell her what had happened all those years ago. Eventually, he found the words to say.

“R...Rarity, you are under a spell’s control and it has caused you to lose your mind!” confessed Spike as quick as he could; as soon as he did, the spell’s hold on the unicorn was severed, and Rarity was back to normal.

“Sp...Spike?” said Rarity still feeling woozy from being freed, “What happened?” The only response the newly freed Rarity got was a soft sob coming from the giant drake. “Oh, Spikey. There, there. Tell me what happened.”

“I can’t,” said Spike as he turned his head away from the concerned mare, “I’m a monster!”

“You are certainly no monster, Spikey! Just because you had a growth spurt does not mea--”

“I killed them!”

“Pardon?”

“I killed our friends, Rarity,” repeated Spike as he turned to show his puffy red eyes. “Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie, they’re all dead! I killed them.”

The alternate Rarity just stood there in shock, not sure how to react. Should she try to comfort the dragon or flee? After what seemed like an eternity, Rarity finally responded by hugging the frightened drake, “It’s okay, Spike. I’m sure you had good reason to.”

“They were trying to take you. I...I couldn’t let them take you. They could have thrown you in jail for what we have done, or worse. I didn’t want to lose you!”

“Shhhh,” said Rarity as she continued to hug the dragon, “It’s okay, Spikey. I don’t hate you. You know, we can still build our kingdom, you and me, free from criticism and judgment. We can be free to do whatever we desire, be with anyone!”

The words caused Spike’s face to glow bright with excitement. Before the alternate Rarity could continue, the large dragon pulled her into a hug that nearly suffocated the mare.


As Rarity turned to face the pyramid, Discord tried to get her attention by changing the screen, showing them building their empire to what it was, but to no avail. Rarity continued to stare at the large, still sleeping, dark-scaled dragon at the base of the pyramid.

“Spikey,” said Rarity in a whisper as she started to walk towards the pyramid

“You know you’re not going to be able to wake him up,” commented Discord as he looked at the mare upside-down, but Rarity did not respond. As the unicorn continued her march towards the dragon, Discord cast a teleportation spell to take them to the top at of the pyramid.

Rarity stood in awe of her alternate self’s look. The mare was still sitting on her platinum throne laughing as she curled her still-purple mane. Although she had been transformed by the spirit of Nightmare Moon, the alternate Rarity still was in control, thanks to the advancement in her magic from the inspiration spell’s influence, and of course, her faithful guard.


“Oh, Spikey-wikey!” sang the alternate Rarity, calling to her dragon from her throne, “Guess what time it is.”

“Is it ‘Give Spikey Free Gem’ time, my queen?” asked Spike as he raised his head to the top of the pyramid.

“No silly,” giggled Queen Rarity, “It’s time for our weekly entertainment.” The alternate Rarity turned to face two changelings in golden armor standing at a door. “Guards, bring me the fool!”

“Right away your majesty!” said one of the Changelings as the other left the throne room and come back seconds later with a tray of burned ashes. The guards quickly placed the tray in front of the dragon and mare and quickly moved back into place. Rarity and Discord turned their heads to the side, not sure what the pile of ashes was for.

“Spikey, would you do the honor this time?” asked Queen Rarity as she sat back in her throne. Spike only nodded his head with a smile as he blew green fire at the ashes; in response, it quickly came to life.

As the ashes began to take its original form, Rarity was shocked to see what it was. As the cloud of green smoked cleared, a sly smile formed on Queen Rarity’s face as her entertainment began to cry.

“Please no more,” begged the former Prince Blueblood as he pulled against the chains that were buried under his ashes. “Please I beg you, spare me!”

“It’s your turn, my queen,” said Spike as the same sly smile formed on his face. Queen Rarity’s smile became bigger as her horn began to glow with a dark purple aura.

“Please, I’m begging you! I will give you my all my subjects if you let me live,” bargained Blueblood, selfishly thinking that he still had a ponies to rule “PLEASE DON’T KI---AHHHHH!” As soon as Queen Rarity's magic burst hit the prince, his entire body was engulfed in flames.


Rarity nearly fainted at the horrendous sight before her. Despite the fact she had a horrid distaste for the stallion, she could never imagine burning him to ash as this Rarity did. Discord, on the other hand, was taking notes about this so-called ‘entertainment’.

“Note to self, when getting rid of the pest, give Rarity a little bit of dark magic,” thought Discord as he wrote it all down on his paw, which he’d transformed into a notepad.

“This is wrong!” yelled Rarity as she watched Spike and her alternate self laugh at the sight.

“I don’t know, it feels ‘write’ to me. Geddit? ‘Write’ sounds like… oh you get it,” remarked Discord as he changed his paw back, “Besides, I don’t see anyone else complaining.”

“But….but...but...”


“That never gets old, huh, Rarity?” asked Spike as he gently tapped Rarity with his head. Queen Rarity just gave a heavy sigh, indicating she was depressed…..again. “What is it, my queen? Should I have done it this time for you? Maybe you don’t feel well! Maybe this joke drained your energy!”

“It’s not that, Spike,” said Queen Rarity as she nuzzled Spike to calm him before he brought the whole pyramid down. “I suppose that this has lost its ability to entertain me.”

“Oh well, maybe I could find Trixie’s remains, or your old fashion rival, Suri Polomare! They’re in the catacombs! I could get them for you!” suggested Spike as he started to make his way to the area in question.

“No, that won’t be necessary, Spikey. I have a better idea.” Queen Rarity turned to face the guards still standing at the door, “Bring me the betrayers!”

“The be….betrayers?” asked Spike in a concerned tone, not knowing what she meant.

Spike was Queen Rarity’s only adviser and knew everything that went on all over Equestria, but never once had those words passed by him. As Spike, Discord, and both Rarities waited in anticipation, both changelings returned, pulling a larger tray with four piles of bones. Spike’s pupils shrank as soon as he noticed the features that each pile had; one pile showed the remains of an alicorn, two piles had the remains of two earth ponies, and the other one with the remains of a pegasus.

“It’s such a shame that we are missing Fluttershy,” said Queen Rarity as she shook her head, “Oh well, I know you did what you had to do to protect me. Right, Spike?”

The dragon did not respond, but just stared, horrified at the remains before him. Memories of his acts in the name of protecting his queen flooded the dragon’s mind and caused a small tear to roll down his face. Sadly, his queen paid little attention to him.

“I suppose it’s my turn to bring the entertainment back to life,” said Queen Rarity as her horn began to glow dark purple again.

Before the queen could cast her spell, a small black claw quickly grabbed her horn to stop the resurrection spell. Everyone was shocked to see that Spike had changed into his teenage dragon form to grab Queen Rarity’s horn.

“No!” said Spike as he held the horn tightly.

“Release me!” shouted Queen Rarity in a voice that shook her throne, “First, you know I don’t like being touched unless I give permission, even if it is you. Second, what do you mean ‘no’?!”

“I mean no!” said Spike as he released her horn. “I won’t let you torture our friends.”

“Oh, you mean the same friends you killed for me?”

“That was different,” said Spike as he walked over to the tray, “I…..killed them to protect you.”

“Well, now we get to kill them for fun!” said Queen Rarity as she clapped her hooves together. Before she could continue to try and persuade the dragon to join in on her sick version of fun, Spike breathed a powerful blast of fire to incinerate the bones and pushed the tray with their ashes off the pyramid.

“What......WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!”

“I’m sorry, my queen, but this is wrong,” said Spike as he watched the ashes of his friends spread out in the wind.

“That’s my Spikey,” said Rarity, happy that Spike had done what she would have wanted him to do.

“‘Your’ Spikey?” asked Discord as he raised an eyebrow at the mare, but was simply given a nod as an answer.

“I guess I will have to find a new way to entertain myself,” said Queen Rarity as the dark-scaled dragon turned to face her.

“I’m really sorry my que-AHHH!!!” Rarity stood in shock as her alternate self fired a strong blast of magic at Spike’s scarred underbelly, bringing him to his knees.

“How dare you disobey me!” scolded Queen Rarity as she stood over the wounded dragon, “I knew that you would eventually betray me.”

“Bu….but I….” said Spike as he strained to speak; just talking seemed to cause the dragon great discomfort, thanks to his ruler’s attack.

“You are just like the rest! You only hold me back from greatness!”

“But….I...gave you everything,” said Spike as he began to regain his strength, “I helped yo--” Spike quickly fell back to the golden floor after being shot by another burst of magic in his now open scar.

“You took away the only form of entertainment I had, and you know what happens to those who take from me.”

Before Spike or Rarity could say anything, Queen Rarity shot the dragon with another blast of magic at his wound that sent him falling off the pyramid to the ground below.

“SPIKEY!!!!” shouted Rarity as she galloped down the pyramid after Spike. As soon as she reached the bottom of the pyramid, Discord appeared at the outside of the crater that Spike’s fall had created.

“You know, I could have just---” Discord stopped mid-sentence when he saw Rarity trying to pick up Spike’s almost lifeless body.

“Spikey?!” said Rarity as her hoof went straight through the dragon, trying to pick him up. When she failed, she turned to Discord, “Please help him.”


“I can’t, Rarity. Remember, we are only observers in this universe,” said Discord as he changed into a lab coat to try and cheer up the mare to no avail. The draconequus was surprised to how Rarity acted towards this Spike; although it was not the same dragon from their universe, she was acting as if he was.

“Please speak to me, Spikey,” begged Rarity as tears rolled down her cheeks as she listened to Spike’s sharp breaths. As she continued to weep over him, Queen Rarity slowly made her way down to the dragon.

“Why, Spike?” asked Queen Rarity as she stood over the dying dragon. “Why did you make me do this? You knew never to take my possessions from me.”

“Because you’re not like this,” said Spike as he looked at his love, “You would never kill our friends like that.”

“But I did,” replied Queen Rarity coldly, shocking Spike, “I killed Twilight, but not out of mercy, but to make sure that no one could stop us.”

“But…..but….”

As Spike tried to find the words to say, his queen’s horn began to glow one last time aiming at the center of his bleeding heart. Rarity prepared to shield Spike from her alternate self’s attack, but Discord quickly teleported her away from the dragon and her nightmare self.

“Any last words?” asked Queen Rarity as she pointed her horn mere inches from Spike’s chest. Spike just laid there for what felt like an eternity before answering his queen.

“I have always loved you,” said Spike as he looked into Queen Rarity's eyes one last time, before closing his own. “And I always will!”

Rarity just stood there as the words passed through her ears, causing a small tear to leak from her eye. Sadly, Queen Rarity only gritted her teeth upon hearing the dragon’s confession of love.

“LIAR!”

Before Rarity could do something, a bright green and purple light engulfed the dragon and queen, making it hard for the two observers to see anything.

“SPIKEY!!!” screeched Rarity in horror, causing Discord to transform his paw and talon into pillows to cover his ears.

As the smoke cleared from the blast, Discord and a crying Rarity could see Queen Rarity standing over a small pile of ashes with a small gem encased bow-tie in it. Discord looked on in concern as he watched Rarity slowly turn redder and redder.

“YOU MONSTER!” shouted Rarity with tears streaming down her face as she picked up a rock with her magic and threw it directly at the queen, “YOU BRUTE! YOU…..you…..you are….!”

“The same as you,” she replied.

Author's Note:

You wanted this. Now for the reveal chapter you keep asking about, allow me to introduce you to The Two Rarity's. I hope you liked this chapter, because this also severs as the announcement of my next story The Reign of Queen Rarity. It will serve as a spin-off of this chapter going more in depth as to what happened, of course the ending will have to be different from this. If you would like to see some of the stories I have planed for this year check out my latest blog post for the line up of stories.
Latest Blog

Friendship is Magic
A Dog and Pony Show
Green isn't your color
Best night ever
Secret of my excess
Hearts and Hooves Day{Idea given by Ugly-Duckling123}
Dragons Quest
A Canterlot Wedding{idea given by DarkPhantom13}.
IDW comic Nightmare Rarity
What Have I Done{Spike's Chapter}
The Crystal Empire
Equestria Girls/Rainbow Rocks
Rarity Takes Manehattan
Inspiration Manifestation
Queen Rarity
The Two Rarity's
End
Epilogue

Comments ( 99 )

Oooooh man. I MUST SEE THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW!!!

Holy!!! That was intense. Great job. Good luck with the final 3 chapters. This is gonna be good.

Oooh she sees them. There is some slag going down.

Uhm, the dark queen can see them.... OH CRAP!!!!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!

Just to let you know, I will NOT be reading the spin-off. This was Dark as it is. I don't want to think about what that whole story will be like. So, Nightmare Rarity knew Rarity was watching? Freaky. Now, I guess they talk about who they are? I hope it isn't as dark as this chapter.

5521208 It won't be, and I admit this was a bit to dark.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Sigh... That's the beauty of the Multiverse for ya, folks! Trust me, there are some dark as hell worlds out there...

During reading: Man, this is dark and sad. I'm getting goosebumps just reading this.

Ending: OH SHIT!:twilightoops:

DAMN!!!
Thats scared me!!!

DISCORD YOU DONE F*&KED UP NOW

awesome job discord you magnificent draconeques

Ooooh dang, dat ending

Wow...that was dark

5521208 There is a SPIN OFF!?!?!?!?!?!:pinkiegasp:

5521594 Read the author's note.:applejackunsure:

That was an even worse universe than what I was expecting (and that's saying something)

Oooooooh

Whoa...WHOA!!
Hold the fuck up, yo!
Mah brain...MAH BRAIN!!

Jesus Christ this was dark. Now I need therapy.

Ow...ow....ow... My brain hurts. BUT THIS CHARTER WAS AMAZING. And the alternate rarity can see the real one I can't wait for the next chapter this is going to be great.

:applejackconfused::rainbowderp::twilightoops: Dang, that was dark. The next chapter is going to be pretty intense.

also:

“No, that won’t be necessary, Spikey. I have a better idea.” Queen Rarity turned to face the guards still standing at the door, “Being me the betrayers!”

*bring

On their killing spree...

What about Cadence and Shining Armour?

5523164 It was meant to be implied that they are already dead when Spike confessed to Rarity out side a burning Chrystal Empire.

5523325 Oh... :pinkiegasp:

Either way I still think it should be said :twilightsmile:

:'C This chapter was horrible.
not the writing, of course it's just what it says... Dx

5521248
5521566
5522248
5522161
Sorry for extra darkinifing the end there:fluttercry:, I just thought instead of Discord saying it, Raribiyach woulda added a cliff hanger and a :twistnerd: and amped the scary up

Ps, dunno what happened to the image, but here it is:th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/225/d/a/a_nightmare_state_of_mind_by_dotrook-d46de1u.png
Source: https://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/225/d/a/a_nightmare_state_of_mind_by_dotrook-d46de1u.png
5522248
I feel like a dumb pigieon now:ajsleepy:

5523610 Well that awesome image makes up for it. Now you can feel like an average intellect pigeon

5523164 Pshh. Everybody knows they would have been able ta do SHIZNIT.

5523610 I actually for got about it. My bad.

...Is it wrong that I liked Blueblood's torture scene?

Well that just got creepy. :unsuresweetie:

Most excellent.

How the fuck did I miss this chapter?

OK, since no one is going to talk about the elephant in the room, I will.

Why is this story still going? Why is Discord continuing to show Rarity all the times that she mistreated Spike in this or other universes when he has ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED HIS GOAL? He wanted Rarity to realize that Spike was in love with her and for her to realize that she had feelings for him. He's already done that. And yet he continues to try to wring blood from a stone that has already been thoroughly wrung. What purpose does this serve? Because I have to tell you, padding out the story with unnecessary chapters like the last few isn't improving the narrative, it's just bogging it down.

To ape a metaphor from Anton Chekhov: you hung the gun on the wall in Act I, it went off in Act III, and it hit its intended target. So exeunt stage right, already.

5527790 personally i wanted to see what she was going to do to the "betrayers"

5531132 you sick bastard :raritycry:

Rarity versus Nightmareraity, ROUND ONE, FIGHT!!!

5530916

If I may toss by two bits in, I may or may not have an answer for that. Yes, Rarity understands that Spike loves her and she in turn loves him. Yes, Rarity had something of an idea as to just how far Spike is willing to go for her. If that were all the story was about, then this indeed, would be done buried six feet deep cue the wedding bells.

In my sight, at least, this is not entirely what the story's intentions were. Discord, for all that he has shown and done, was asked/requested/commanded by Rarity to show her the possibility of what could have happened had Spike pursued to let Rarity be taken in by the spell for longer. She either wanted or needed to see just how far she has and could have gone wrong. Goodness knows she did not HAVE to go through the list that Discord had for places to take her.

What's more, not everything that has been shown by Discord's temporal chauffeuring has been strictly the result of Rarity's actions. Indeed, we see the reactions of others in regards to Spike's hopes or the simple existence of their unlikely friendship. From presumptions to assumptions to gumptions we are given a long ride down the metaphorical rabbit hole.

And what's more, Discord serves another purpose in this other than as a guide for us. He plays the classic Accuser. Sure our Sparity shipping might be delivered, but is it something Rarity and Spike really need or want? Would it not be better to be separate as lovers yet together as friends? How far is Rarity really willing to go into this romance? Is she really ready to pursue a life with Spike? She has had less than a day for all of this to be hitting her at once! While Spike himself as probably been pondering this since that fateful first meeting!

There is another question that may come to mind. One of which I am somewhat anxious to see if it will be addressed. How is Rarity going to finally approach Spike with what she has come to finally realize? Sure, she could say, 'Well Discord just took me on a jaunt through your headspace until my fabulous sense of romance was lit aflame with the fires of true passion's bliss!', but I doubt it would be that banal.

If simply hammering into Rarity the notion of Spike's love and her love for Spike was everything Discord desired, yeah, this would be done and over with. However, this is Discord, Spirit of Chaos. And perhaps his reason for all of this, is something more akin to an honest attempt at friendship with Rarity and Spike. And since when does friendship absolutely need to make sense?\

Well, those are my bits worth of thoughts. If you read through all of that, have a cookie. I know I need one. Now I sleep, for I must bleed in the morning!

Oh boy a Multiverse situation...these usually leave me feeling incedable melancholy. Just the thought of an "alternate universe" having such a fate is horrifying.

This is the most awesome chapter so far!

5527790
I have a pretty violent imagination for someone who likes LBP, I could write a more painful one but i'm not sure what would be age appropriate (hint: nothing) and what people consider too far (mutilation of everything)

I'm gonna die if the chapter isn't coming out soon xD
Now your fics are the only reason I actually log in to my fimfiction account!

5707372
Our fine author just got back recently from a mission trip. I recommend that we perusing sorts should give him a high-ho welcome back bit of cheer!

Login or register to comment