• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 7,813 Views, 645 Comments

My Little Heartbreak: Creativi-Tea - Jet_Black1980



It's a week later and Twilight is nagging Heartbreak about her first letter to Celestia.

  • ...
19
 645
 7,813

Paging Dr. Seuss

Chapter 25

Paging Dr. Seuss

“It’s just that Twilight is worried about you with all things considered. With what Celestia said, with where you’re from and how you got to Ponyville,” he said, not realizing that Heartbreak had stopped paying attention long ago. “She’s stressed and walking on eggshells, afraid that one slip-up will result in horrible things. Heh, you know that feeling, right Heartbreak?” Spike asked. His only answer was silence. “Heartbreak?”

Looking over his shoulder, he saw why there wasn’t any answer. There was Heartbreak, though her back was turned to Spike, from her expression and the way she was posturing, he knew something was really wrong. Her hoof was reaching back frantically into her saddle bag somehow, seeking something. He heard a voice that he knew rather well and it was a voice that he was sure Heartbreak didn’t want to hear right now: Ghost Writer.

Not good!” Spike thought to himself, this was, of course, before he saw the sipping cup on her hoof. Any more tea, and he was sure that she would be suffering from overload. “HEARTBREAK! NO! STOP!” he shouted, racing back to where she was. She turned and looked at him absent-mindedly, as if she wasn’t even thinking about what she was doing. The cup met her lips and her hoof tilted back. There was a bolt of white light that streaked across the mare’s eyes and her mane and tail frazzled with sparks.

Ghost Writer looked a bit frightened. “Excuse me, Miss Heartbreak, but are you alright?”

As her head turned to face him, he swore he could hear the tendons in her neck. They sounded like construction cables that had been pulled too tight. Her expression wasn’t any better. Her eyes were contracted to the smallest of pupils, one of them was twitching at a regular pace. There was a wide beaming smile almost plastered on her face. Her hooves were nearly clattering against the ground.

“I’mGreat!JustGreatGhostWriter!Grrrrrrrrrreat!Imeanwhywouldn’tspellingBe?” she asked him in an almost frantic manner. “Ishouldbepurrrrfectlyfine!Delighted! Everythingshouldbeturningupgunsandroses!”

“I...beg your pardon?” Ghost Writer asked.

“GunsandrosesGreat!” she started to walk towards him. Her movements were quick and jerky. “RollingstonesGreat!Imean,Iemergelikeabulletwithbutterflywingsfromthelibrary, andwhat’sthefirstthingthathappens. The. First. Thing. That. Happens. IsthatIhavesome ponystaringatmyrump! Ishouldexpectthat, seeingthatiswhere thecutiemarkis right?!”

Ghost Writer backed away almost as quickly as Heartbreak encroached on him. “Well, uhm, one would assume so. Afterall, that is the purpose of a mark, to, uhm show the w-”

“Theworldisavampiremytalent! Yesyesyes,Iknow!” Heartbreak began.

Spike jumped between the two as quickly as he could. “Heartbreak! We need to get you back to the Library right now!” he said, jumping up and down to get her attention. Heartbreak, on the other hoof seemed focus at whatever it was that she was set on doing.

“NotNowSpike!” both of her hooves shot forward to catch the baby dragon in midair. Spike swore he felt a near electric pulse when she made contact, either that or it was how fast the mare’s hooves were vibrating. “I-Am-Talking-To-GhostWriter!”

“I think, perhaps, you should take your friend’s advice and-” Ghost Writer began, continuing to back away.

Spike was dropped unceremoniously to the ground. The feeling of the time he tried to bite an electric eel was coursing through his body. That dizzy, dazed and tingling feeling. “Oooooh...” he tried to shake his head of the feeling, but it just wouldn’t let him go.

Heartbreak’s attention snapped back to Ghost Writer. “You.Think?” She zipped right up to his face. “Wereyouthinkingwhenyouwere talkingaboutmynameimplyingthat everythingIdowouldn’t leave,’adryeyeinthehouse?’” Ghost Writer jumped back. “Orwereyouthinking whenyouwereflirtingwithme? Areyoueventhinkingrightnow!?”

“I-I-I am t-t-terribly sorry, Miss-” he stuttered out.

“Do. Not. Ever. Ever. Ever. EVER. Call. Me. Miss!” she backed away for but a moment. “Ever! Ihatethat!Idestestit!Idespiseit!CallmeHB,youwhitewhale!”

“White Whale? Uhm, ‘H.B.’ I dare say that I don’t think that you’re in your right mind,” Ghost Writer replied, attempting to reason with her.

“You’retheonenot thinkingandI’mtheonenot inmyrightmind? Ialmostagree! EversinceIcamehere Ihavebeenin thewrongmind! Butreally, rightmind, wrongmind, leftmind, Ileftthosebehind!” Her face twitched. “Saaaaay,whywasitfancy runningintomeanyhow? Wasitordinaryrunning intomebefore?”

Ghost Writer’s mind was screaming at him to run away from this mare. Every fiber in his being was scared out of its wits. Why wasn’t he running away? It was like the moment she looked at him with those eyes, those electric eyes, he couldn’t help but answer her questions. “I-I-I-I Just wanted to apologize to you for earlier! For making what could be misunder-s-s-stood as passes at you! You see, I h-h-h-have a problem with interacting with other p-p-p-ponies sometimes and-”

Heartbreak’s face twitter-twitched. “Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpblem?!” a rather strange grin crept over her face. “Youhaveaproblem?! Whatisitwithponiesandtheirproblems today!? Ihavebeenrunninginto allsortsofproblems! Brightwhite doesn’tinteractwithhispacients right! HighHatcouldn’tmakeahat,evenifitwas foracat! AndPepperPocketwas stuckinhis work likeawatchwithabroken sprocket!” her grin grew unsettlingly wider, her eyes settled on the tea cup latched to her hoof. “But. Ifixedalltheirproblems. BecauseIhadthesolution. Right. Here.” Her hoof looked like it was about to jet out to Ghost Writer’s face. Just then Spike jumped on her back and covered her eyes.

“HEARTBREAK! No! Stop!” he shouted. But when it appeared that she wasn’t going to stop, he looked desperately at Ghost Writer. “Run! I don’t think I can hold her much longeeeeeeer!” he shouted as Heartbreak bucked him off her back and into a nearby tree.

Ghost Writer didn’t need too much of an invitation to start running away. With Heartbreak’s gaze broke, the unicorn took to a full gallop in whatever direction was away from Heartbreak.

Heartbreak raised her hoof. “GhostWriter,Wait!You’llsee! Tosolveyourproblem allyouneedisasipofthisfantastictea!” she said before racing after him.

=======================================================================

I groan and rub my head. The last thing I saw was a white flash. Sitting up, I find myself in what looks to be a control center of some kind. There is a large screen, a control panel with an assortment of buttons. The room flutters with colours and seems to change constantly around me. Then I hear crunching noises coming from my right. Looking over I see a tan pony with a brown mane and tail. They have their snout in a bucket of what appears to be movie style popcorn.

I shake my head and rub my face again. Then a realization hits me. I’m not rubbing my face with hooves.

“I...have...hands!” my newly found hands cover my mouth. “I can say ‘hands!’” I shout. “Wait! That’s my voice!” And it is my voice. My real male voice!

The bucket drops off the pony’s face. “No you don’t, no you can’t.” she says looking at me. “And no it isn’t.” her sad blue eyes glare at me.

I pat myself down. “What are you talking about!? I’m Human again! I’m me again! Wait...If I’m me, then who are you?”

She licks her hooves. “I’m Yu.” she replies.

“You can’t be me, I’m me,” I reply looking myself over. I’m clothed. I am wearing the green sweater my grandmother gave me and the black jeans I love so much.

“That’s right. You’re Mi, and I’m Yu,” she draws something on a piece of paper. The mechanical pencil that I just got is in her hoof. When she lifts the paper up, the japanese hiragana for ‘Mi’ and ‘Yu’ are written. “You remember these from high school right?”

“Oh, Mi and Yu,” I reply.

“And Yu and Mi,” she replies. “I’m Yu, and you’re Mi. Now that we have that out of the way, you’re most likely wondering where we are. Course, you being Mi, you already know.”

I face palm. “We’re inside our own heads. Fuck.” I smile and laugh. “No wonder I can curse, talk normally and look normal.”

“Yes, yes and no,” she replies. “That isn’t normal, well not anymore. I’m the one that is what we look like normally.”

“I don’t agree with that,” I reply, glaring at her.

“Of course you don’t agree with that. You’re the illogical part,” Yu replies.

“Oh, I get it now, you’re the logical part. I’m the illogical part. Left brain,” I point to myself. “And Right brain.” I point to her. “The part of us that is fighting what happened, and the part of us that has just given the fuck up.”

“I haven’t given up, I have just come to accept what has happened to us,” she snorts, looking at the TV screen.

“Accepted it?! You’ve just accepted being a pony, just like that? Like after one week?” I ask.

“Why fight it? The council sent us here. They could have pulled us back, they didn’t, and now there isn’t anyway back.” Yu replies.

“Because if we just accept it, they win!” I say approaching her. I am stopped by a wall of sorts. I pound on it to make sure it’s there. Several ‘bumf! bumf!’ noises confirm this.

“We have been over this, Mi. They have already won. They sent us away. They left us without any hope of return.” Yu shakes her head sadly. “And yes, there is some sort of wall that separates us. Annoying really.”

“Because it prevents us from hugging?” I ask.

“No, because there are buttons that we have to push together over there.” Yu points at the control panel.

“Wait! They didn’t leave us with any hope!” while Yu the one that is looking sad, I am the one feeling something warm drip off my face. “Sabrina told us-”

“Pretty little lies. We’re not adapting to this world, we’ll never adapt to this world.” Yu interrupts, turning her back at me.

“That’s not true! We will adapt! We’ll Grow! You don’t know that we won’t for sure!” I shout.

Yu turns and looks at me. “Really?!” she points at the screen. “Does that look like adapting to you? Cause it doesn’t look like it to me!”

I am about to correct Yu on her grammar or make some funny remark, when I look at the screen.

=======================================================================

Ghost Writer had never been so frightened in his life. He didn’t know what happened to the nice, quiet, shy mare who claimed to be an artist of sorts this morning. However, he was sure regretting making anything that could be misconstrued as a pass at her. He turned his head. She wasn’t behind him. He slowed his pace and tried to breath. Just then, the tea addled mare’s face jutted out of a nearby bush.

“GhostWriter, youliketea! Wouldyoudrinkteawithme?” She asked.

Ghost Writer jumped back but tried to answer as calmly as he could. “Yes Heartbreak, I do like tea, but I have had quite enough today. And I think you also may-”

Heartbreak slid out of the bush. “Youcanneverhaveenoughtea,” she put up her hoof with the sipping cup on it.”Justtakeasipandthatyouwillsee!”

Ghost Writer backed away again. He looked around frantically.” No thank you, Heartbreak, I would not like any tea, Uhm Somepony please help me?”

She jumped to his left side to counter his movements. “Ohcomeon,wouldyoulikeithere,” she jumped to his right. “Orthere?”

Ghost Writer turned around. There was a door to a house! He quickly opened it and rushed in. He would have to explain himself to the owner of the house, but right now it would be far better than dealing with Heartbreak in her current state. “I would not like any more tea, I would neither like it here or there. I do believe I would not like the tea you're drinking anywhere! I would not like any tea. So please, Heartbreak, oh please, let me be?!” he cried out from one of the windows. But Heartbreak was nowhere to be seen. He turned around.

Just then she popped up from behind the couch. “Wouldyoudrinkitinthishouse? Would youdrinkitwiththismouse?” she produced a small, confused mouse on her hoof.

“No, thank you, Heartbreak, I would not drink it in this house and I would not drink it with that mouse! I don't think I would like what you're drinking here or there. I am sure I would not like it anywhere! I really don't want to drink your tea. So please, oh please, Heartbreak, could you let me be?” He replied running up the stairs. He looked down the end of the upstairs hallway. There she was standing in a box and holding something other than the tea.

“Wouldyoudrinkitinthisbox? Comeon! Sipsometeawiththisfox!” She said, showing him a stuffed toy fox.

Ghost Writer ran back down the stairs. “Not in a box! Not with a fox! Not in a house! Not with a mouse! I would not drink it here or there! I would not drink it anywhere! I would not drink your special tea!” he replied, racing outside and running down the street. He quickly turned a corner. “Somepony, (I don't believe I am saying this), Get this mare away from me!”

Heartbreak was leaning against a light post with a rather odd looking hat on her left hoof. “Wouldyou? Couldyou? Inafez?” she tossed the hat into the air. And shoved the sipping cup at him. “Drinkit! Drinkit! DrinkitGhostWriter! Hereitis!”

Ghost Writer made a U-turn and ran across the street. She was relentless! Why couldn’t he be this fortunate with other mares that he had made eyes at?! Well not like this, but still. The irony wasn’t lost here. “I would not, could not, in a fez!” he shouted, barely running into a young yellow mare with a pink mane. “Terribly Sorry Fluttershy! In a rush!”. Heartbreak zipped up to Fluttershy..

“Youmaylikeit! Youwillsee! Youmaylikeit! Inatree?” she shouted at him, while pointing at her.

Fluttershy looked horribly confused. “Heartbreak?” she squeaked out.

“Notrightnow, Fluttershy, busy!” she replied.

Ghost Writer blinked and paused his running for a second. “She’s just not listening! Running isn’t working. Reason isn’t working, we may have to try the direct approach.” “First of all, that is not a tree! That happens to be a rather shy little pony! But, I would not, could not in a tree. Not in a Fez! Heartbreak, for the love of Celestia! You let me be!” he stomped his hooves. “ I do not like it in a box. I do not like it with a fox, I do not like it in a house, I do not like it with a mouse, I do not like it here or there. I do not like it anywhere. How many times must it take, before you believe what I say, Heartbreak!?”