• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 7,831 Views, 645 Comments

My Little Heartbreak: Creativi-Tea - Jet_Black1980



It's a week later and Twilight is nagging Heartbreak about her first letter to Celestia.

  • ...
19
 645
 7,831

Hole In One.

Chapter 19

Hole In One.

Ghost Writer nodded. “I was just thinking about her. I hate prying but...there are some questions weighing on my mind.”
Twilight took a deep breath. This conversation needed to be handled delicately. “I am sure you do, but there’s a lot I don’t know a whole lot about her myself. You see, she was just dropped into my lap by the Princess.”

“By the Princess?” Ghost Writer asked.

“Yes. She’s a foreign exchange student from a really far part of Equestia,” Twilight’s mind was racing to put this story all together. “She’s lived a rather sheltered life and isn’t really trusting of other ponies. Added to the fact that she didn’t have much back where she was from, and when coming here, she was robbed at knifepoint, she’s really unstable.“ Twilight thought that story over. She hated lying to Ghost Writer, but again. It sounded more reasonable than the ‘pony who isn’t a pony from an alternate universe’ explanation.

“That does explain her over all reactions,” Ghost Writer replied.

“I have been able to calm her down during the past week, but something like that just doesn’t go away overnight,” Twilight said. “It’s really gotten her just a touch paranoid about social situations. For example, she thought that you were flirting with her.”

Ghost Writer’s tea nearly dropped from the air and he coughed. “She...picked up on that?” he asked.

Twilight looked at Ghost Writer with a slumped expression. “You really were? ‘Cause honestly, I just thought that you were being you.”

The look of disapproval made Ghost fidget in his seat uncomfortably. “Well, I was flirting just in the smallest way, I didn’t think that she picked up on it.”

Spike gave a satisfied smile. “See? I told you so, Twi’.”

Twilight gave a light glare at Spike and rolled her eyes. “Right, I am just going to lay it out for you, Ghost Writer. She’s unstable, a bit touchy, and doesn’t need, as she put it, a lecher hitting on her.”

Ghost Writer looked horrified, his hoof covered his mouth and a peal of sweat rolled down his temple. “Lecher?” He squeaked out.

“Those were her words, not mine, Ghost Writer.” Twilight replied.

Spike facepalmed. “Twiiiiiiilight...”

“What now, Spike?” Twilight asked, a bit annoyed.

“She called me a ‘lecher’?” Ghost Writer coughed out again in disbelief. “I-I-I,” he took out a handkerchief to wipe his forehead.

“Are you alright G.W.?” Twilight asked.

“That’s horrible! That’s worse than being a ‘pervert’ or ‘creepy’ or some of the other names I have been branded with by some ponies. Lecher is such an obscure label...” he took a long gulp of his tea.

Geeze, with the way that he is panicking, he just might be a match for Heartbreak.” Twilight mused. “No Twilight. You aren’t a matchmaker. Just calm him down.” “I think she was overreacting Ghost Writer. You knew nothing about her past and what she’s been through. She just needs a little time to calm down, relax, and get herself together.”

Ghost Writer shook his head. “I just feel terrible though, Twilight. I hate to think that I have offended somepony into thinking that horribly of me. I am almost unsure how to approach her next. Should I apologize to her?”

Twilight blinked and wondered where all of this melodrama was coming from today. “I would say ‘yes,’ but in a way that is professional. I wouldn’t try flirting with her, like I said, she’s pretty unstable right now and needs to find her hooves.”

Ghost Writer rubbed his temples. “I’m sorry if I seem a bit reactive to this all, Twilight. But ‘lecher.’” He took another long drink of his tea.

“It’s alright G.W.,” Twilight sighed. “Just be careful what you say around her. Last thing I need is her doing something drastic.”

==============================================================

I have been waiting in the dentist's’ chair for about fifteen minutes. In that time, I have coloured every single colouring book, did all the puzzles, read all ten of the Ponyville Times newspapers three times, re-organized the front desk, and moved the schedule around to fit optimum ordering.

I have fought the urge to take x-rays of my hoof, seeing that I don’t know how to operate the x-ray machine, and I have spun in this chair at least two-hundred and thirty-three times. I need a moment to relax. In my right hoof is my tea and I have been delaying the time between any more sips. I don’t want to waste any of it.

My ear flicks back. I don’t have any actual awareness of this action, just that it happens. A ringing enters my ears and there is a stallions voice talking to some pony. Hoofbeats clip-clop down the hallway and then they pause.

“Is there somepony in here?” He asks. “You know patients aren’t allowed back here without-”

I swivel the chair around to face him, the overhanging light strobes on. “Why,hellothere.” I begin. This is the doctor who can give me what I want. Well almost what I want. “Youmustbe the dentist. Doctor, ” I lean forward and read his name tag. “Bright-White I presume?” I ask, taking a sip of off my tea.

“Uhm, yes,” He looks a bit frightened. Tone it down, Heartbreak, chances are he hasn’t been asked to do what he is about to do. A credit to his name, this unicorn is a snowy white with blue eyes, and a wavy ‘Pin-Pop’ mane. “Do you have an appointment, Miss..?”

“Heartbreak, butplease H.B. Anddon’tcallme ‘miss’, and no,” I reply. He is about to tell me I need an appointment and shoo me out of the office I am sure. “However, Dr. Bright-White, I desperatelyneed somedrilling. Andit hasbeenforever sincemylast checkup.”

He blinks again. “Drilling? Have you had a check-up first?”

“Right,checkups comebefore drilling don’tthey? But reallydoc, Ihaveaserious achethatneeds tobeattenedto. Itstarted thismorningand hasn’tgoneaway.” Momentarily I wonder how I am going to get him to do what I want. Damn it. I might have to swallow my pride and act like Rarity. “It’s really really, really botheringme, ImeanI’m inthechairrightnow, doyouthink couldjustgive meaquicklook overandsee if youcanhelpwithmyproblem?” Gawd, I hope this works, just look cute and flutter your eyes, that’s what they do right? Inside, I can feel myself nearly throwing up in my skull.

“Well...Normally I wouldn’t do this,” He sighs and has the chair lean back. Totally not what I want him to do. I don’t like dentists to begin with, and don’t like others looking at my teeth. The light above me turns and nearly blinds me. “Alright, open up and say Ah! Let’s see if we can’t get to the source of that pain..”

“Whaaaah?” I say in sudden surprise, as Dr. Bright-White starts poking and prodding in my mouth.

“Hmmmm, Interesting. There aren’t any visible signs of decay, your teeth look rather good,” He picks a bit. “But could use a bit more care, you brush often? There is a slight plaque buildup on your right side. Though for a...what, twenty one year old?”

“Hirty-One” I correct him.

“Oh, no, that’s not possible. These are the teeth of a twenty-one year old.” He looks directly at me. “I might be swamped with work this past week, and am still trying to figure out how to work with patients, but I know how to read the age of teeth, Miss Heartbreak...” A mirror hovers in my mouth as he checks the backs. “I don’t see any inflammation, are you sure you need drilling?” he says pulling away.

“H.B." I remind him. "Well,Idoneed drilling,butnot with myteeth. Yousee..” I look at my hoof. “Idon’tneed aholeinmyhead, I needone inmy hoof.”

Dr. Bright-White looks at me horrified. “What?”

“Yes!Ican’ttellyou exactlywhy, but restassured itisfor a goodreason!” I tell him. Right now I must sound crazy, just out of my mind, but I need this. I blink and then take a sip of my tea. Suddenly, the idea sounds even better than it did before.

“Look, Miss Heartbreak, It is bad enough that I saw you without an appointment, but...A hole in your hoof?! Are you sure you don’t have a hole in your head already?” He looks shocked and worried. “Get out of my office before I contact a different type of doctor.” He rubs his temples as I get up and off the dentist chair. “Kids these days. I am tired enough as it is trying to figure out the best way to treat patients without mares like you sneaking into my office and making strange demands!”

“Alright,noneedtogetupset Doctor,” I grump. How am I going to get that hole in my hoof now? I need a doctor that does both drilling and has medical knowledge.

“Ugh, I could seriously go for a cup of strong coffee right about now...” He says, just as I am about to walk through the doorway.

An idea goes through my head. “Coffeeormmm’perhaps tea?” I ask.

He gives me an annoyed look. I don’t expect him to be pleased seeing that I have asked a strange and rather disturbing request. “Well, yes, just something to give me a bit more energy. I have been taking more patients than I can handle, it seems.” He blinks. “Why am I even telling you this?”

I lift up my tea cup. “It’sa giftIhave...But,would you like a sip of mytea? It’s the Best Tea in all of Equestia. I swear.”
He raises his brow. “How much have you had?”

“Oh, notmuch, notmuch at all. Here takea smell...” I offer him the cup.

“Well...” He begins.

“Just asmell won’thurt. Ifyoudon’t like it, I’llleave andwon’t botheryou again, unlessIhave a real toothrealated problem.” I reply.

“Well, alright.” There is a white sparkling glow around my hoof and he takes the teacup off my hoof with his magic. White and sparkling. I shouldn’t be surprised. He then sniffs the sipping end of the cup and blinks. “Whoa, that smells...” He takes a few more sniffs. “That smells rather wonderful actually. May I take a taste?”

A smile creeps over my face. “Gorightahead.”

Gingerly, he takes a sip out of the cup. His lips smack together and then he rapidly blinks. For a moment I swear there is a bolt of static that darts across his eyes. He takes a second sip. “My goodness! That is good tea!” He shakes himself a bit and rolls his shoulders.

I walk over and take back my cup. I’m not going to get what I want but at least Bright-White doesn’t look like he is dragging his tail anymore. “BestteainEquestria.”

He grabs my hoof with his magic. “Yes, very much so. You know, this might be risky, and I have never actually drilled anything other than a tooth, but I think I have an idea on how we might be able to help you with that hole in your hoof.”

I blink, surprised. But why look a gift horse in the mouth? I think with a slight giggle. “Really?CauseIhave drawingsand Diagrams,andIeven mademarksupon which is the best placestodrill!” I take out all the drawings I have and point out the drilling points.

“Hmmm, yes, I see, I think I can actually do this, you know.” He blinks. “I will have to get the drill from the janitorial closet...There isn’t anyway a normal dental drill would do the job,” he looks at me. “Would you like laughing gas for this? If I drill incorrectly, it would be rather painful.”

I shake my head and sit back down in the dentist’s chair. “Nope!IthinkIshould be awareofeverything goingon here. However, Idobelievethat youaregoing to haveto strap me in!” Bright-White nods and moments later, an electrical drill and several straps float in from the janitorial closet.

“Ididn’tthink thatyou hadactualstraps, there Doc.” I comment, laying back and trying to relax.

“Oh, yes,” He replies as the straps in question latching me down to the chair. “Dealing with difficult patients sometimes is like, well, pulling teeth!”

I look thoughtful for a moment. “Icanimagine thatitwouldbelikethat.” The drill hovers over my hoof and angles itself precisely over the spots that I have marked out. It then whirs to life and touches my hoof. I grin. Fuck you, equine physiology. I am going to draw properly again.

==============================================================

Twilight looked at Spike and shook her head.

“What is it Twi’?” Spike asked.

“She was right again,” Twilight replied, frowning. “And it’s bothering me that she seems to just ‘know’ things.”

“Kinda like how Pinkie Pie just ‘knows’ when things are going to fall? Didn’t you already learn the lesson about trusting friends? Besides, even I could tell that Ghost Writer was flirting with her.” Spike replied, laying atop Twilight’s back.

“Well, yes. I suppose so, but she isn’t a friend. Well, not yet. She’s a strange being from an alternate universe who is pretending to be a pony, Spike,” Twilight said, gritting her teeth. “Her being in the ‘know’ about things, and then not explaining how she knows these things, irritates me.”

“Because?” Spike asked.

“Because, it reminds me of the being that Princess Celestia said that she could possibly become. He knew everything about us too, Spike.” Twilight replied.

“If it is who I think you are talking about Twi’, there are several differences.” Spike held up his fingers. “One, He’s locked away in stone. Two, He’s a He? Heartbreak’s a mare. And lastly, He had reality altering powers. Heartbreak does not.” Spike ruffled Twilight’s mane. “This was just H.B. noticing things about other ponies. There isn’t any reason to panic or to think that she’s going cause mass chaos in Ponyville and turn Equestria upside down.”

Twilight sighed as the two of them arrived back at the library. “I guess you’re right, Spike. I’m worrying over nothing again. I’m sure that Heartbreak is fine and exploring her talents. She’ll tell me about some lesson she’s learned about hard work, trusting friends, and that with a little magic, anything is possible.”

Spike smiled a sage smile and hopped off Twilight’s back. “Exactly,” he replied, opening the library door.

“Heartbreak! We’re back from lunch, how are-” Twilight’s eyes opened as she walked into the library. It was far from anything ordered, neat, let alone, organized. “-you doing?”

Papers littered the whole of the library and were spread all over the place. An assortment of drawings, sketches, doodles and what appeared to be little stories were arranged in what could only be described as an explosion of creativity. In the center of it all was the rubber canister that once held the tea that Zecora gave Twilight. And it had been opened. Twilight quickly rushed to the open canister. There was but one glittering bag left in it. Her face turned to that of fear and panic.

“Wow, uhm Twilight, forget everything I said...I think we should start worrying.” Spike fearfully said.

Twilight’s left eye started to twitch and a squeak escaped her throat.