• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 2,560 Views, 30 Comments

Life of Sin - Thyrai



Rainbow Dash keeps a short diary after she returns to Ponyville.

  • ...
5
 30
 2,560

IV.

Rarity came back to town today, and she’s staying for three months! She says the winter season she’s been focussed on finally wrapped up. I’ve always, and probably always will agree with Applejack’s opinion that she’s way too persnickety and uptight for her own good, but holy Celestia did it ever hit me today just how much I’ve missed her. We’re all super happy about her extended stay. It’s too bad Fluttershy’s academy didn’t have summer break in the spring instead. The whole gang would be together again.

Me, Applejack, Pinkie and Spike waited for her at the train station for like two hours before the train was even supposed to arrive on the off chance that it could be early. We helped Rarity bring practically an entire cart full of her stuff to Carousel Boutique, and then we all spent the entire rest of the day celebrating at Sugarcube Corner. There aren’t many things better than spending a day with three of the greatest ponies, and probably the only great dragon, in all of Equestria.

Twilight barged in at some point, and apologized profusely that she wasn’t there to greet Rarity off the train. She looked terrible. Like, Rarity nags at me all the time that my hair is disheveled and would look ‘simply gorgeous’ if I brushed it now and again. I agree, which is why I don’t brush it. Twilight’s hair, though, was in a league of its own. It was in worse shape than that one time she had a neurotic breakdown and made half of the town fall in love with a doll. Her tail was matted and her eyes were bloodshot, and she looked like she could really use a nap or a shower or something.

Rarity became instantly hysterical and started hyperventilating when she saw the alicorn. Twilight insisted that she was fine, and explained that she’d been a bit preoccupied with some bureaucratic princess stuff that had to be taken care of and lost track of time. That hardly qualified as an excuse to Rarity, who wasn’t upset at all about Twilight being busy and missing her arrival, but was instead concerned for the princess’ health and lack of proper hygiene.

We all laughed when Rarity grabbed her handbag filled with makeup and brushes and used her magic to march Twilight to the bathroom by the ear. Twilight came back freshly bathed and looking good as new a while later. Rarity even managed to put a little makeup on her face. She looked pretty, like really pretty. I didn’t even notice I was staring until Applejack closed my gaping mouth for me.